Sneeze Fetish Forum

No Place Like Home (A sequel to Would You Like a Cold with Your Coffee?) -PART 13-

meepsy

So, I don't mean to, like, nag you to write more or anything like that, but I felt compelled to post again because i am obsessively stalking here to check for updates.

Just thought you should know.

I second that

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meepsy

• CHOCOLATE <3

• Arty

• truth

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I don't mean to, like, nag you to write more or anything like that, but I felt compelled to post again because i am obsessively stalking here to check for updates.

Just thought you should know.

I second that

I second your second-ing.

Wow, you are a really talented writer! I am literally in love with your characters, and your writing style is beautiful! I can't wait for more!

You guys are all so sweet!! Mega hugs, all around! whoo.gif

@ CHOCOLATE <3: Ahaha don't worry Tobias is only going to get worse going to get better eventually teehee.gif

@ Artygirl22: Tell me about it, right?rolleyes1.giflaugh.png

@ CHOCOLATE <3 (x2): Ahaha ong lol. We'll seeeee...

@ happybunny: Ahha thank you dude! It's so awesome to hear you're so invested! There will be cuddles, but not quite yet twisted.gif

@ ellwren: Oh wow, thank you! Here you go!

@ PoisonPassion: Ahah shhh, just let him delude himself a little longer... whistling1.gif

@ ellwren (x2): Eee haha, I'll try to keep 'em comin' ASAP! And don't be sorry, haha it makes me so happy that you're so interested!! Thank you again!! zippy.gif

@ NameTaken: Ohmigosh!! wubsmiley.gifwubsmiley.gif Thank you so much!! I'm so glad you enjoyed my writing enough to read through the whole thing! Your comment is seriously making me blush and smile haha!

@ CHOCOLATE <3 (x3): haha, your wish is my command!

@ HarryPotterGeek: Oh, jeez haha now the pressure's really on! sweatdrop.gif Thank you! biggrinsmiley.gif

@ Boba: Ahh! So glad you like i!. I've been having a lot of fun writing it, so it's good to hear that you're enjoying it so much! arrowheadsmiley.png @ AOTgirl2: Ohmigosh thank you dude! People telling me they love my characters is seriously the best feeling ever. biggrinsmiley.gifbiggrinsmiley.gif More is here! Thank you again!!

This chapter is a little introspecive and 'transitiony', for lack of a better term. I promise there's some action waiting on the horizon though! (I'm a tease, I know )

~o~

Part Six

Aaron sighed, looking around at the busy city streets around him, matching himself to Tobias's lagging pace, and consequentially watching the rest of his boyfriend's family, (save Elise, who had gone off to meet up with some friends,) slip farther and farther ahead of them. The grad student had been in a funk ever since his little spat with his mother that morning, and now stewed stiffly and quietly beside the barista, offering very little in the way of tour-guiding, which Aaron wouldn't have minded, (honestly, that was the way he preferred to explore: taking everything in on his own, letting the place speak for itself...) except for the fact that it was such wildly abnormal behavior from the normally gregarious and hyperactive grad student, and was giving the barista serious cause for concern.

It's his own stupid fault though! he thought bitterly, and it was true, but Aaron received no comfort from it. If it had been just the two of them, Aaron would have already harassed the stubborn idiot into bed, and the matter would have been resolved at once. The barista suspected it would have worked in the reverse too – if he hadn't been there, Tobias's family would have no cause to protect his dignity and would have fussed and fussed until the grad student admitted defeat. The current situation was much trickier – the perfect storm, one might say – and the only solution, it seemed, was to wait for Tobias to crack.

It was enormously dumb, and Aaron was loathe to be put in such an idiotically juvenile position, but he wasn't going to embarrass the grad student in front of his family, and besides, he couldn't claim that the smallest, tiniest part of him wasn't sort of enjoying listening to his boyfriend's constant sniffles and the fluttering, raggedy spells of coughs, or watching from the corner of his eye as the brunette brought his hand up every half-minute or so from it's home in his jacket pocket to wipe away the perpetually dripping fluid from his chapped, red nose. He tried, once, to catch Tobias's hand before it slipped back away into the confines of his pocket, and the grad student flinched reflexively away.

“Sorry, hondey,” the brunette murmured, when he'd realized his affront. “I jusdt dond't wandt tdo...”

To get me sick? Aaron finished for him in his head. “...It's fine,” he said aloud, fighting back the urge to stop the grad student and force him into a confession, settling instead on flashing him a small, reassuring grin. It had fairly positive effect – Tobias made no attempt to finish his sentence or admit to anything, but he did soften a bit, and even placed his hand against Aaron's back, giving the barista a brief, affectionate scratch, before turning away sharply:

“hhHHMPSSHh! ...huhh-UHHSSHuu! ...ugh *snnnfff*

“Bless you,” Aaron said mutedly, wincing at the flood of fluid the two rushing sneezes must have no-doubt left behind, which the grad student was attempting to sniff back/wipe away with the sleeve of the jacket that was honestly much too nice to be used as a tissue. Aaron would have to try and weasel his boyfriend into picking up some napkins or whatever when they reached the hockey arena, where they were currently headed in order to watch an afternoon game, which Aaron had pretended to be excited for, despite his resounding indifference to all things sports-related.

He sighed once more. It had been a long morning, and it was shaping up to be an even longer afternoon...

~o~

Tobias trudged onward, the very act of moving one foot in front of the other seeming to take up all his will and concentration. He'd taken a secret swig of Dayquil before they'd left the house, and so far it had done exactly fuck all to relieve any of his symptoms, visible or otherwise. He felt absolutely miserable. His face – no, strike that – his whole body ached with dull, throbbing pain. His nose and the skin beneath it were both painfully chapped from rubbing so much, his head felt hot, like an overheated engine, while the rest of his body battled with shivery chills. His throat was blistering, his sinuses were pounding their discomfort, and Tobias considered it a small miracle that he hadn't yet collapsed in the middle of the godforsaken sidewalk.

The longer the energy-consuming outing lasted, the more his irritation with absolutely everything (himself vehemently included) grew, until it had solidified into a foul mood so unusual for him that it was dredging up old urges – things he'd thought he'd done away with long ago – namely, the intense and unbidden need to smoke a cigarette, which he hadn't done since his undergrad years of college, and which was disgusting him in a way that even his repulsion with his own stupid stubbornness couldn't match. He bit the desire back, but it nettled itself deep in a corner of his mind, like a thorn stuck in an unreachable spot, forcing him into stiff, stoic silence.

He threw a furtive glance at his boyfriend walking quietly beside him, and was filled with intense, concentrated guilt. He knew Aaron was biting back his worry for his sake, and was left to instead obsess about it internally, probably blaming himself for not trying hard enough to get Tobias to see reason. But it had been a lost cause from the start – Tobias certainly wasn't going to let Aaron stay behind and spend a boring day tending to his own stupid sick self, when he was supposed to be out exploring a city he'd never been to before. And anyway, it really wasn't that bad – he was just being a baby about it, that was all.

He and the barista turned the corner a good few minutes after the rest of his family had done, and Tobias breathed a sigh of relief as the arena finally came into view. He tried to muster up a second wind, telling himself that his symptoms would probably become a little more manageable once he was able to sit down for a while, but even so, he could feel his energy rapidly waning with every struggling step...

~o~

(The next part should be up very soon! Thank you for reading!! <3 <3)

Edited by meepsy

ad'

'DSWHEJKNR.LS:D;OLSAEHLKFHASDLKHFALS;IDHFA;LIRH.AJLHRLJAERHFL;AEHG;HAREG;LKAEG;LKG'LKFAGH'AFEGJL;'AERGHJLAEGORJ:PGIF

THE AGONY OF THE FREAKING SUSPENSE AASJDGKJSDFLKJGDFLGL;IB'F

GET TO BED TOBIAS, YOU ARE SICK, GO LIE DOWN

BE MISERABLE

Edited by CHOCOLATE <3

The tension!!!!!!

THE TENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahaha I know I'm a meanie! Hopefully the next chapter will make up for it! sweatdrop.gif

Why you do dis!!? ��

The suspense is like having a big fish on a fishing hook but dangling the fish under ther surface instead if pulling it up!

Oh fishy no I'm pulling it up I'm pulling it up! sweat.gif haha I hope the next part will be worth it!! teehee.gif

ad'

'DSWHEJKNR.LS:D;OLSAEHLKFHASDLKHFALS;IDHFA;LIRH.AJLHRLJAERHFL;AEHG;HAREG;LKAEG;LKG'LKFAGH'AFEGJL;'AERGHJLAEGORJ:PGIF

THE AGONY OF THE FREAKING SUSPENSE AASJDGKJSDFLKJGDFLGL;IB'F

GET TO BED TOBIAS, YOU ARE SICK, GO LIE DOWN

BE MISERABLE

Edited by CHOCOLATE <3, 20 February 2015 - 12:14 AM.

You tell him, haha! --> *fingers in his ears* "I'm not listeniiiing!" 4.gif

Great chapter, can't wait for more!

Hee aw thank you so much! arrowheadsmiley.png Here you go!

CLIFFHANGER VHFKSKVJDJSK go to bed Tobias you're so stubborn gjfkdosks

Can't wait for the next part!!!

Haha over his dead body probs! (or maybe just passed out, fevery body, who knows... whistling.gif ) Thank you for commenting!

Edited by meepsy

Nice! Can't wait for the rest smile.png

Aw thanks so much man! Here you go, wish granted! sorcerer.gif

~o~

Okay, part seven, here we go! Thank you guys for bearing with me! Some warnings for fever, mess, and foul language (the boys have potty mouths, sorry! sweatdrop.gif ) Anyway, on with the goods!

~o~

Part Seven

“...Okay, so this guy has to go in the box now because he shoved that other guy too hard, but then the other guy has to go even longer because he yelled at the referee?”

Tobias was only dimly aware that he was being talked at – his focus was fully occupied with trying to keep his eyes open and look as “un-sick” as was currently possible. After he, Aaron and his family had re-grouped in front of the arena, Tobias had made a valiant effort of convincing everyone that he was fine and totally up for watching a hockey game. He felt he'd done a pretty respectable job: even Aaron had responded warmly to his faux energy-boost – if not without without a small touch of skepticism.

The second dose of Dayquil he'd sneaked in the bathroom (yeah, he'd brought the bottle with him, so what?) had actually helped his act considerably, and he was able to spend the first half of the game chatting and joking at an almost normal level. Now, however, he was beginning to feel the effects of the drug give way, felt the cold of the arena creeping under his jacket, settling in, felt his exhaustion wrap around him like a blanket, felt the itch in his sinuses he'd been given small respite from ignite once more...

“Hey, help me out here. Isn't this supposed to be, like, your thing?” Aaron prodded, nudging him gently, and Tobias snapped out of his daze, looked over at the smaller man, and watched his boyfriend's expression shift from mischievous amusement to troubled concern. “...You okay, hun?” he asked softly, and something in Tobias's face must have looked really terrible for the barista – whose endearments of choice leaned far more toward the “loser” and “nerd” end of the spectrum – to have called him “hun” without a hint of sarcasm.

“Yeah! Defindately!” the grad student professed – wincing at the thread of hysteria in his voice – and took a quick, almost-hiccuping breath against the burning of a sneeze which threatened messy escape. “Hey, ummmb...” he thought feverishly, feeling like his boyfriend was mere seconds away from putting his hand on his forehead, and thus realizing the full truth of his condition. “...I'mb gonnda go grab sombe hot chogcolate, you wandt sombe?” He got up from his seat, and turned around, muttering a quick “be righdt backg”, leaving the smaller man no time to respond as he jogged up the steps of the aisle and headed not for the concession stand, but the bathroom.

“hhh... hhhh! ...hhuuhh! ...hhhHHUH!!”

He pushed through the door to the men's room, not even making it to a stall before the expulsion was upon him, bending his his whole body in half with its terrible, hurricane-like force:

“hhhHUUSSHUUuh!!...huhh! ...hah-hh-hh-HHEHTCHSHUUuh!! EHHSHCHUUuh!! UUHSHTGHhhh!! huuhh!! ...EHHTTCHSHUUgh! nnngh *snnnfff* ...oh m-mby godd...”

Tobias collapsed against the wall, feeling weak and rattled and shivery. He'd never sneezed so hard in his life – the messy expulsions had completely sapped him of all his energy, and he was dizzy, veering close to the edge of straight-up passing out. He tipped his head back against the tiled wall, and pulled the hand he'd caught the sneezes in away, a thin, wet string of fluid still hanging onto the mess under his nose.

The grad student coughed miserably, tasting the distinct phlegminess that had come with his newly-situated crackle, and with his clean hand pushed the lever of the paper towel dispenser down, faintly aware – but uncaring – of the dirty look shot at him by the other bathroom patron, who exited promptly without bothering to wash his hands.

He cleaned himself off as best as he could, before emptying his nose in a long, thick blow. Well, not quite emptying. He dispensed more towels for a second blow, then a third. Finally giving up, Tobias sniffled a redundant gurgle, and groaned, sliding to the floor, shivering, feeling beads of sweat form at his temples and the nape of his neck. He wished he could just stay right there, be forgotten about, left to his misery, but it was only a matter of time before Aaron would get worried and come looking for him, and so – feeling like his body was made of cinder blocks – Tobias picked himself up, and tried to compose himself, taking deep, self-composing breaths as he leaned over one of the sinks – finally feeling the hot, cloying dizziness begin to recede, watching the color return to his face, before at last gaining back enough trust in himself to leave the bathroom and make his way back to his seat.

“H-hey, I'mb backg,” he greeted as the barista turned around at his approach. “Did you mbiss mbe?” He tried to mask the weakened, shaky quality of his voice with overabundant enthusiasm, but it didn't quite land, as Aaron still fixed him with a suspicious stare.

“...Where's the hot chocolate?” he asked, lifting an eyebrow. Oh. Fuck.

“Oh, yeah, they rand oudt,” Tobias fibbed quickly, and hesitated to sit back in his seat – suddenly feeling like sitting through another half of a game was a task insurmountable. “...Hey, umb... you woudn't wandt tdo mbaybe blow this pbobpsicle stdand? Go grab sombe coffee or sombething? I'll jusdt tegxt Pbaul and ledt himb kndow we'll mbeet backg up with himb aftder the gambe.”

“...Yeah, sure,” the barista replied after a small pause, and got up from his chair, following the grad student back up the stairs and out the front doors of the arena.

Tobias shivered at the sudden gust of cold air – and the sluggish, trembling nature of it was all he needed to know that it wasn't quite a cold shiver, was in fact probably more of a fever shiver, but still he pressed onward, scoping out the street until his eyes rested on the storefront of a promising-looking coffee shop.

“Yo,” he signaled to Aaron with a head tilt, and they made their way over to the shop, Tobias opening the door and holding it for the barista, catching some coughs in the crook of his arm as he did so. He felt a small wash of relief as the door closed behind him, taking immediate solace in the coziness of the shop -- all dark walls and warm lighting and tucked away tables – which honestly bore a pretty strong resemblance to the one Aaron worked at. For some reason, this observation helped comfort him all the more – he felt like he'd been wrapped in a warm, familiar blanket.

They made their way further into the shop and kept at the back for a bit – Tobias helping Aaron out with the menu, which was written in French – before stepping up to the counter. The grad student ordered a coffee for Aaron and a tea for himself, (mentally applauding his pretty coherent and sneeze-free transaction), and led his boyfriend over to a table at the side of the store, a small sigh escaping his reserve as he sunk down into the wooden chair. Aaron took his seat opposite him, and waited patiently.

“...Tea, huh?” he commented when Tobias failed to think of something to say. The grad student knew it was a prod, albeit a subtle one, and he tried to think of a way to deflect it without coming off as defensive.

“Yeah, jusdt feels likge a tdea kind of day I guess,” Tobias replied, taking a sip and coughing immediately as a result, swallowing gingerly against the fiery burning in his throat after the coughs had receded. He avoided Aaron's gaze, hoping the ashy brunette would take the hint and continue to let the matter slide, but knowing that – now that they were good and alone – that possibility was about as likely as him suddenly making a full-health recovery on the spot. In other words, not very.

As predicted, the barista sucked in his cheeks, before putting his mug down with pointed force, and regarded the grad student with a smoldering glower:

“Okay, what the fuck, Tobias? Seriously, this is bullshit.” Tobias's heart sank, but still he found he couldn't help but perpetuate the act.

“I dond't kndow whadt you're talkging aboudt,” he replied, feigning innocence, watching Aaron's eyes flash angrily in response.

“Don't play dumb with me, asshole, you're obviously sick!” the barista growled heatedly under his breath. “You can barely fucking talk, for christ's sake! Why didn't you just stay at the house?”

“Aaron, I amb finde,” Tobias muttered back with cautionary iciness, suddenly finding it immensely difficult to keep his own temper in check. “...So I've godt a littlde bidt of a cold, so whadt? You sound jusdt likge mby goddamnb mbother.”

“Yeah?” Aaron all but spat back. “Good. At least she has some fucking common sense. Too bad it apparently skips a generation.” Tobias tensed, hating the way the smaller man seemed to know exactly which buttons to press to get him really goddamn steamed.

“I'mb nodt gonnda do this righdt ndow,” he professed with an angry “I'm out” sort of hand gesture, but retracted his claim almost immediately. “You know I-” I'm fucking doing this for you, right? he was going to say, but his itching nose cut him off with abrupt intensity:

“huh! ...hhHEHTCHsshh! uhhh... huhK'TCHSHhh! hhhTTSHUhh! Hh-hhhuhh... hhhG'TXSHUuh! Uggh, fugck *snnnnff*...” He reached behind him, and pulled some napkins from the dispenser that sat on the utensil table behind them – thanking his subconscious for the strategic table choice – and blew into them as discretely as he could manage, almost thankful for the interruption, as it had saved him from pretty much giving admittance to how shitty he actually felt, and thus inciting his own defeat.

He sniffled, lowering the napkins, and watched with relief as the fire faded slowly from his boyfriend's gaze.

“...Bless you,” Aaron yielded at last, his tone softening with concern, but still retaining the slightest bit of an edge.

“Thangks,” Tobias replied with a small, grateful grin. “Loogk, I'mb really okgay, Aar, I prombise,” he assured, reaching over to give the barista's hand a gentle squeeze. “...You worry tdoo mbuch,” he added, stroking his thumb along the dip between Aaron's last two fingers.

The smaller man stared quietly at their entwined hands, his brow creased by a deep furrow.

“...You'd tell me, right? If you were feeling, like, really not well... you'd tell me?” he said at last, looking up, and the look of almost pained worry was enough to send a guilty lurch through Tobias's stomach.

“'Course, darlin',” The grad student replied casually, tasting the lie in his mouth like a bad piece of fruit. He felt weirdly dishonest, like he was trying to cover up an affair or something, and it snapped like a hyena at his sense of honor and self-respect.

“Okay,” the barista sighed, and Tobias could hear the troubled resignation in his voice, and the sound of it all but broke his heart. He kept up his front, feeling the moment for confession had already passed, but the guilt stayed with him, lingering, like a looming cloud...

~o~

Agh angst! Tobias, there's only so many times we can say go to bed! -- (Soon guys, I promise! teehee.gif ) -- Thank you so much for reading!! <3 <3 <3

PS: I know this is pretty late in the game, but for those who like visuals, Tobias basically looks like this mesmerizing gif of Paul Rudd, while Aaron is like a shorter, more baby-faced version of Dave Franco.

Edited by meepsy

Good lord, girl, could you be any better at this??

I adore Tobias. I think he's so cute and I love how proud he is and how much he's sticking to his 'not-sick, not-sick' guns. Guhh. (also-- dat gif. Wow. Since when is Paul Rudd hot.) And I love how easy Aaron is to give in, and I love that he's secretly enjoying Tobias's suffering, just a little bit ;)

I love this story, I'm going to be uber sad when it's over and probably comment on it every day until you write another one with the two of them. Just saying ;)

Those visuals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i will admit i have been as sick as Tobias. :P but damn he's stubborn.

Holy sheet Tobias. Just give in already and be all sniffly and sneezy and feverish in bed

(By the way, this was an incredible early birthday present, so thanks ;) )

ughh this is just so good like I can't. I read this update while at work and it's been hard to contain my excitement. You are a genious! And a tease for ALWAYS leaving me with suspense!!! WHYYY.

I just want to read a two page update and bask in your genius writing!!! like seriously! I LOVE this story. This situation is like my DREAM come true!!

Oh my gosh this is perfect and so angstyyyy I love it. I can't wait for the breakdown of Tobias, it's going to be wonderful awful :P

That's it. This is it. I've finally figured it out. You're trying to destroy me.

Tobias you stupid stupid man keep being stupid and Aaron you cute cute one keep being cute.

and those visuals are the best !

Good lord, girl, could you be any better at this??

I adore Tobias. I think he's so cute and I love how proud he is and how much he's sticking to his 'not-sick, not-sick' guns. Guhh. (also-- dat gif. Wow. Since when is Paul Rudd hot.) And I love how easy Aaron is to give in, and I love that he's secretly enjoying Tobias's suffering, just a little bit wink.png

I love this story, I'm going to be uber sad when it's over and probably comment on it every day until you write another one with the two of them. Just saying wink.png

Ahh omg you are so great! Tobias is actually making me mad, so I can only imagine how Aaron's feeling haha. I'm not normally a huge fan of Paul Rudd either - attrictiveness speaking -- but this look on him is soooo Tobias, minus the weird jacket lol.

It seriously makes me so happy that you're enjoying this. It makes writing it worthwhile! And seriously I can't wait for Flu Shot to update. Me = serious Questin/Eli shipper already = ohmygod INEEDMORE! No pressure though! Thank you!

Those visuals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i will admit i have been as sick as Tobias. tonguesmiley.gif but damn he's stubborn.

Oh no I'm sorry to hear that because he's pretty darn sick (but it's still just a little cold, right Tobias?) Glad you liked the visuals hee hee 4.gif Thank you!

Holy sheet Tobias. Just give in already and be all sniffly and sneezy and feverish in bed

(By the way, this was an incredible early birthday present, so thanks wink.png )

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Aw haha everytime you comment it's like an early birthday present to me, so thank you! arrowheadsmiley.png

ughh this is just so good like I can't. I read this update while at work and it's been hard to contain my excitement. You are a genious! And a tease for ALWAYS leaving me with suspense!!! WHYYY.

I just want to read a two page update and bask in your genius writing!!! like seriously! I LOVE this story. This situation is like my DREAM come true!!

Ahaha aw thank you so much I'm glad you're enjoying it!! I can't tell you how happy your comments make me! laugh.png You are really too sweet!!!

Oh my gosh this is perfect and so angstyyyy I love it. I can't wait for the breakdown of Tobias, it's going to be wonderful awful tonguesmiley.gif

Oh the breakdown is coming!! And angst is a fun plot developer, but it always makes me feel a little bad for my characters (though I don't know why, I torture them plenty as it is haha) Thanks for commenting!

Tobias! Just admit it already wink.png

Haha you said it, man! Soooooon wink.png

Well seems someone cant admit thier sick

He's a stubborn one, that's for sure! yes.gif

That's it. This is it. I've finally figured it out. You're trying to destroy me.

Tobias you stupid stupid man keep being stupid and Aaron you cute cute one keep being cute.

and those visuals are the best !

Ah nooo I'm not I promise! Hahah I'm glad you liked the visuals -- they were tricky boys to find likenesses for (particulary Aaron -- that pic still not quiiite right, but it's close enough to pass!) Thanks for your comments, they alway make me smile!!

This is prob one of my favorite stories ever, keep it up biggrin.png

And Paul rudd for Tobias yesss, love it

Aha thanks dude! I'm so glad you're enjoying it! Oh my gosh I know -- that flirty smile just kills me stun.gifteehee.gif

~o~

Thank you for all the comments, guys! I'm so seriously grateful! arrowheadsmiley.png This next part came totally out of left field, and was pretty fun to write, I have to say! I hope you guys enjoy it!

~o~

Part Eight

Aaron sighed, feeling an annoyingly familiar sense of helplessness wash over him. After his attempts to force a confession out of the grad student had backfired dramatically, Tobias had continued to operate under the pretense that nothing was wrong, but Aaron had noticed a touch of something new – a sort of despondency that lay beneath his artificial cheery demeanor, which jabbed at Aaron's heart, making him feel useless and completely inept at taking care of his boyfriend's needs.

It took a stronger hold as the afternoon progressed into dusk, and the brunette was quiet for most of the drive back home, absently rubbing his fingers against Aaron's curled palm while staring out the backseat window, making none of his would-be characteristic attempts to butt into the idle chitchat that Claire and Jean were sharing up front. It looked to Aaron like it was taking everything the grad student had just to keep his eyes open, and the barista wished in silent desperation for Tobias to just give up the pointless battle he was fighting, and let himself submit to being sick at long last.

He'd stayed strong (or stubborn, Aaron should say) until a quarter hour or so ago, when the bulk of the family had gathered in the living room to watch the new Hobbit movie. There, settled with Aaron in the loveseat, the cozy darkness of the room all around them as the movie started up, Tobias's head had begun to nod almost immediately.

“...Do you want to go to bed?” Aaron had whispered, after a few minutes of watching his boyfriend drift off, then suddenly snap himself back awake.

“Ndope,” the grad student had responded petulantly, and Aaron rolled his eyes, once more letting the matter recede, lest another argument get instigated. In the following minutes, Tobias had held himself up in stiff, sulky defiance, until at last, Aaron felt his boyfriend's resolve begin to yield once more. The brunette slouched back deeply into the cushions – his eyelids drooping heavily – then slumped so that he was almost laying, coming to rest heavily against Aaron's side – his head propped against the barista's shoulder – letting out a small, sleepy groan.

Aaron's heart fluttered as he felt his boyfriend's breaths steady at once into soft, slightly labored snores. He edged his arm carefully around the taller man, allowing Tobias to lean into him in a more comfortable position, and the grad student let himself be shifted, his snores becoming stilted for a moment, before picking up some congestion-induced volume as he settled into sleep once more.

Elise, curled up in an arm chair across the room, caught Aaron's eye and shot him a questioning grin. Aaron responded with a facetious look of exasperation mixed with “what can I do?” resignation, and the girl laughed, placing her hand on her heart, mouthing a simpering “Aww!” back at him. Aaron smirked in response, his heart secretly doing somersaults all the while.

He smiled tenderly as Tobias nuzzled deeper into his chest, his snores growing heavier still. It was only when Russ and Jackson had taken notice – and had started giggling quietly – that Aaron decided that, as much as he was enjoying his boyfriend's sheer adorableness, it would probably be best to wake him and save him from becoming a spectacle.

“Hey,” he murmured, giving the brunette a gentle nudge. Tobias startled awake, and sat up, coughing. “...Can we go to bed? I'm tired,” he asked quietly once the grad student's coughs had given way.

“Hm? Oh. Mm'kay...” Tobias agreed hazily as he succumbed to a ferocious yawn. He followed Aaron's lead, picking himself up heavily from the loveseat, catching a tired-sounding “hehTXSHhuu!” into his shoulder as Aaron guided him with a hand on his back over to the stairs. The two young men were met with a variety of semi-hushed blessings and good nights, as they made their way up the stairs, and Tobias acknowledged them with a husky, mostly-mumbled “thangks. ...'nighdt.”

They made it to the bedroom, and the grad student collapsed into the bed with a weary groan, becoming still at once, his breathing evening out once more. Aaron breathed a small laugh of relief, feeling for the first time that day that he'd actually made the right move.

He helped his already fast asleep boyfriend out of his jeans, tugging the pant legs off carefully, one at a time, then pulled the blankets gently out from beneath the grad student's limp and snoring frame, tucking them over him, finally removing the black, plastic frames from around his eyes with tender delicacy, folding them up and placing them on the nightstand.

“Goodnight, honey,” he murmured, bold in his affection now with no one to see. He knelt down, brushing a stray strand of hair away from the sleeping brunette's face, letting his fingers settle against his boyfriend's temple as he registered the telling heat of a slight fever radiating from his skin. The grad student flinched bit and whimpered minutely. His brow furrowed and his nose scrunched, his snores catching with a sniffling hitch:

“huh! ...hhuhTSHhew!” Tobias sneezed softly, almost kitten-like, and sniffled once more – not even waking up, or at least returning to sleep immediately – his snores picking up a wettish quality from the new moisture sitting in his nasal passages. Aaron's heart melted. He smiled, and leaned forward to place a small kiss just above one still slightly-furrowed eyebrow:

“...Bless you, you poor baby,” he cooed, too quietly to wake the grad student, and used the sleeve of his sweatshirt to dab delicately away the small drips of fluid beneath his boyfriend's running nose.

After spending a long moment wrestling with an inability to tear his eyes away from Tobias's sleeping face, Aaron raised himself up quietly, discarded his own jeans, and joined the brunette in bed, monitoring the grad student's peaceful, albeit congested snores, until at last he too drifted off to sleep...

~o~

(More to come soon! Thanks again, guys! <3)

Edited by meepsy