Sneeze Fetish Forum

Share your clumsy moments

Chanel_no5

Oh gosh, these are hilarious!

Okay, so at school, my friends and I were sitting at a table and they told me they were dating, I freaked out so much I started jumping up and down in my chair, whipping my head and ended up smacking it on the table! Those two friends still remind me of it, "Hey it's almost the two month anniversary of when you hit your head!" It was funny, so I don't mind!

Just a couple days ago my family came out of a restaurant and my dad was carrying the take out. He had to open the car so he handed it to me, but I didn't have a grasp and it ended up flipping out of my hands dropping on the ground, the burger spilling out. The rest of my family and I started laughing, but my dad stood there with his mouth hanging open saying, "My burger!"

Good times....turned.gif

I once held open the door for a family gathering and somehow my dress got caught underneath the door so when I tried to close it I ended up falling down on my face.

That's why I now have a fear of wearing long dresses :P

Last month I've been cleaning up and my dress got stuck by a bottle in my parents' wine cabinet, pulling it out. As I attempted to catch it, I made a violent motion which caused another bottle to fall down. And no, I didn't manage to catch the first one. :lol: So there I was, standing in the middle of a puddle of white wine and broken glass, barefoot and reeking of alcohol which had splashed me, not knowing what to do next.

I also involuntarily stain people's cheeks with lipstick when I kiss them as a form of greeting or congratulating (you know, the "bisou-bisou" thing). Almost every time. Which is weird because you are not actually supposed to touch their cheek with your lips while doing this, but I always manage to somehow brush myself against it at least once. I've done this to friends, relatives, people I've never seen before, teachers, even an actor immediately before a stage show. I should probably stop wearing bright lipsticks.

I just wanged the back of my head on a metal towel rack. :mellow:

I don't know why I'm telling you this. There isn't even a good story to go with it. Someone needed to know.

• 3 months later...

This is so utterly ridiculous it's just... I can never speak of it outside of the forum. You guys know my most embarrassing secrets, so... :lol:

It's past 3 am here, and why I'm not asleep yet, I can only chalk up to lack of sleeping pills paired with fanfiction reading. *sigh* Anyway, since I had dinner around 8, I'm getting pretty hungry, and I snatched a leftover potato from the fridge. Then I went to the bathroom.

Okay, this in itself is just so weird, but I was in the bathroom answering to nature's call, while eating a leftover, cold potato.

Then I dropped the potato in the toilet. :huh:

I just... I should have been asleep hours ago. I can't even blame it on drunkenness. :rolleyes:

It's past 3 am here, and why I'm not asleep yet, I can only chalk up to lack of sleeping pills paired with fanfiction reading. *sigh* Anyway, since I had dinner around 8, I'm getting pretty hungry, and I snatched a leftover potato from the fridge. Then I went to the bathroom.

Okay, this in itself is just so weird, but I was in the bathroom answering to nature's call, while eating a leftover, cold potato.

Then I dropped the potato in the toilet. :huh:

Oh my god, Chanel. :rofl: This might be the best story in the history of stories.

For the sake of adding to this thread:

"Oh, I love your hair!... sorry I'm complimenting you while holdin' a toilet brush."

- Me, flirting

(I hope social clumsiness qualifies.)

• 3 weeks later...

Omg, this thread is pure gold :lol: Hopefully it's not too late to add my contribution?

Some background: I'm an IT service desk analyst, and was remotely assisting a user whose computer was having some performance issues. I'd gone into the apps menu and was trying to type in "disk cleanup" in the search bar so I could run one... but then I made a typo and accidentally typed a C where an S should have been in the word "disk". While the customer was watching. :blush:

We both had a good (if awkward) laugh about it, but I'm still embarrassed thinking about it! :sweatdrop:

• 3 weeks later...

He, he, he, he... when I took my horse inside today, I held her rope in one hand and the water container in the other. Then I was going to open the door to the stable, and needed one hand free. So, trusting my horse not to make any side-step, I switched so I held the water container in the same hand I held her rope. I admit, I was going to show off a little how strong and coordinated I am, because Hot Shot just walked by.

Yeah, well. Some day I'll remember that I am not coordinated and never will be, but it was not this day. Horsey jerked to the side because she saw some straw someone had dropped on the ground, which lead to me dropping the container. Unfortunately, I was also in the middle of turning the doorhandle, so it came loose in my hand. Seriously people. I give up. :bag:

I don't know if this is clumsy or just careless and forgetful, but I put my work cell on top of my car earlier this week and then drove off. :omg: One of the kids I was driving was like "Uh, Miss Anony... something fell off the car." I told her that hybrids just make weird noises but then the other passengers confirmed that something went flying by the window when I pulled onto the highway. We turned around and alas, my poor phone was decimated. Fortunately they give us cheap POS phones for when we're in the field so it was easily replaced, but still. Ugh. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having a rather "off" day, and I blame the bug that's taken residence in my body.

SO THERE I WAS, AT WORK,

I had a case of the butterfingers and dropped many a thing and crashed into open cabinets

and lastly, lost a thing of cooked oatmeal into the hot holding table AND BOY did it sizzle and muck up

the work space.

That is all I have to report today.

Oh God, I'll try not to turn this thread into a diary.

Yesterday my flatmates and I were throwing a flat party which started at 10pm.

By 10:04 I had already spilled wine on my white blouse, covered it up by my hair, and then proceeded to spill lime vodka in the same place.

Does that old tale about white wine fixing red wine work with rosé and vodka? Anyone?

I managed to cut my finger open quite deeply getting a vitamin out of the blister pocket. No idea how. And it huuuuuuurt like hell. So stupid.

• 1 month later...

Let's see...I tripped up and down the stairs, in pre-school I jumped off of a slide and broke my arm...Also, I spill food all over me. A lot. Utensils don't work for me...I don't know how I have clothes....

Another one for the social clumsiness books:

I was going to get a bagel from a shop in my town today, and the girl at the counter had three of her friends there, and they were talking about some new buffalo statue that the owner had just bought for the place, and i was listening to the conversation as a sort of curious voyeur, i guess, and looking sneakily around to see where the buffalo was.

Then, one of the friends says, "Oh, it's outside" in response to a question i didn't catch, and I, (forgetting that i was not actually part of the conversation), let out a very clear and audible "ahhh" of understanding, and promptly received four "um, excuse u?" looks in return.

Suffice to say i spent the rest of my time there hoping for my bagel to be made at lightning speeds :lol:

(forgetting that i was not actually part of the conversation)

Hahahahaha, oh God, I feel for you! I've done that so many times it's ridiculous! :yay:

I'm the kind of person who has to get up and move around frequently; I can't just sit still. I tend to run everywhere I go, as well. My living room back home has one stair going down into it.

The number of times I've ended up flat on my stomach, just outside the living room, wondering what the hell happened...

Besides the typical falling up the stairs, and bumping into doorknobs, etc. I have 3 pretty embarassing ones:

​I actually did the cartoon 'step on a rake and have it hit me in the head' trick. I was cleaning and rearranging an outdoor woodpile and was using a rake to clear stuff out. I put the rake down and started restacking the wood. I stepped and turned at the same time *wack* right in the head! I cursed and fell to the ground holding my head. My GF at the time and her son came out and asked what happened, and I said "I somehow got hit in the head.". She said "How?" I cried "I don't know!" lol

Same GF, we just finis​hed her basement and put 2 couches in place for the tv area. Then after admiring my worked, barefooted, I walked by the couch and somehow hit my little toe into it and dislocated it. The worst part was that I then had to put it back in place myself...ouch!

I was making popcorn in an air popper. I was barefoot (I'm starting to see a trend here), a hot kernel flew out of the popper, and somehow wedged itself between 2 of my toes. I didn't realize it was wedged, so I tried to shake it off but wouldn't budge. I was freaking out and finally got it out...I had matching blisters on the 2 toes, and they kept rubbing each other...that sucked.

If I actually spent time thinking about it, I could come up with many more...

Oh yea, once I was crossing a street, and i had to walk very briskly before cars came, and right in the middle of the street my legs just stoped moving, but the top of my body kept moving and I fully fell down right in the street and a number of people just looked at me. I was so worried about the cars coming, it somehow causes me to take longer to be able to get myself together and back up!

Having discovered that this thread is still alive (and hilarious :rofl: ) I feel like I need to add more recent incidents. :lol:

- The first time I went out anywhere with my current flatmates, we went to a shopping centre and ended up getting food. I didn't really know what to do with my tray since I couldn't fit it on the table, so I awkwardly put it on the floor. One of them then spoke up and asked me if I wanted him to move it, so I was like "yeah sure thanks!" and tried to pick it up again...only I lost my balance and fell head first off my chair. :lol: It was super awkward because we had known each other less than a week at this point, and we weren't really at the stage that we would laugh at each other yet, so... silence. :bag: And then I went and made it even more awkward by getting terrible giggles at myself.

- The next time wasn't so much clumsiness but more absentmindness. I had just gotten back from a long lecture and my brain was pretty fried, so I put it down to that. I got to my flat, super happy to be back, put my key in the door...and then I couldn't turn it. I had no clue why, but my key would not work. After a few minutes I decided I might as well knock and see if any of my flatmates were in, when I looked up and noticed the number on the door. The reason my key didn't work was because it was the wrong flat - it was actually a whole floor below where I live. :lmfao: I awkwardly ran off. :lol:

- Aaannd then the time towards the end of the semester, when I was sat in the students union. We have sort of an indoor balcony thing that looks over the main entrance/hall, and again I think I was pretty out of it, I had just picked up an essay or something. Anyway, I was going through this essay, as I was doing so took a cereal bar out of my bag, and put it on the table. At least, I tried to put it on the table. I'm not quite sure how I managed it, but I sort of threw it instead, and it just kind of...flew? Straight off the balcony? :lol: Cue me awkwardly apologising to the random person it hit. Thank god I didn't know them. :bag:

- Also, the time I decided I wanted to soften butter so I could spread it on toast more easily, so I put the whole block in the microwave...including the foil. :bag: There was a really weird noise and I turned around to see the edge of the foil ACTUALLY ON FIRE. I turned the microwave off really quickly and stood there watching it, completely terrified. :lol: Thankfully, it was a single small flame, and petered out quickly. It was still one of the most horrific moments of my life, though. :bag:

Archived