Sneeze Fetish Forum

Your Themesong(s)

Sageacity

Nef Ex here, with an idea of sorts and the hope that her fellow forum dwellers will humor her.

This kind of branches off of music taste but with a question. If you had to pick your own theme-song (or songs), what would it be? It can even be a playlist if you had the good fortune of finding all sorts of songs that get you on some level, personality wise, standpoint, w/e. This is also subject to change over time, so feel free to post more than once.

Since I started this thread, I'll go first!

It's Still Rock and Roll to Me - Billy Joel

Just a Girl - No Doubt

The Pretender - Foo Fighters (or Infected Mushroom alt. :eyebrows:)

Go It Alone - Beck

My Name Is Jonas - Weezer

Handlebars - The Flobots

I guess right now it would be a mixture of these...

The Show Must Go On - Queen

Me And I - ABBA

Surprise, Surprise - Celine Dion

Stubborn - Bonnie Tyler

You Learn To Live Without - Idina Menzel

Oh I forgot: You Haven't Seen The Last of Me - Cher

oooh, I'm always thinking about this kind of thing. I wont bore you with the specifics, but if I had to pick a song which might be a theme-song for my life, or certainly a song to capture my general being as of right now, I would have to go with Jake Bugg - Simple as this It's quite a nice song about finding your own way through life. Whilst i've never looked to religion, i've often wished I could have such belief in a system which is greater than what I feel life actually is. I think in the song, he refers to love as being the ultimate purpose to guiding you through life, which is a nice thought. Though for me personally, the conclusion I reached is to just make other people happy / be a nice person :)

I love this stuff!!

Hmm, there are probably dozens, but I'll try to compile a short-ish list.

Tell Me No - Whitney Houston (I love the fierceness and the stubbornness of this song)!

A Matter Of Trust - Billy Joel (This song does a better job than I can explaining how naive and yet wary I am of people).

Respect - Aretha Franklin (This should be everyone's theme song, in my opinion).

State Of Grace - Billy Joel (This song encapsulates that spacey, into-her-own-world thing that I'm very happy in).

Walmart Parking Lot - Chris Cagle (Makes me think of my roots).

Flashlight - Chris Young (Again, roots).

Proud Mary - Tina Turner, CCR, Michael Grimm, (hell, anyone's version will do, there's so much soul in this tune and I love it).

Wide Open Spaces - Dixie Chicks (Another song that really reminds me of home, who I am and what I'll always need).

Well, that's probably enough for now!

This might suprise people,but my theme song ISN'T from a Mario game! (At least not my first pick...)

But actually it's CANDY CANDY by Kyary Pamyu.

And then there's the Rainbow Road medley from the new Smash Bros.

Actually, there is (sort of!) one song which I could think of as a theme song. But this is 100% based on the context in which I used to listen to it, not the lyrics, and definitely not the videoclip (which... I won't say I don't kind of love regardless. tonguesmiley.gif)

So, when I was student, I had a lot of different customer service jobs, and at one store, we were allowed to play our own music. Which may sound like not a big deal, but compared to some larger chains I worked at where the playlists were sent through by Head Office and put on repeat for months... it was the best thing ever! When I started getting rostered to open (which was a one-person shift until about midday when things got busy), I was so excited, because I hadn't had that kind of responsibility before. And (getting to the theme song part!), I had been recently introduced to Japanese pop music.

So I had a whole bunch of Ayumi Hamasaki's albums on hand, and in particular, there was one song called '(don't) leave me alone', which I thought was a great accompaniment to opening the store. It was (IS!!) super fun, and I used to have it on repeat while madly setting everything up and being all "yes, yes, I can do this, look at me getting everything ready by myself!" biggrin.png

I think the vibe still applies. Sometimes!

I can think of a lot of songs that I feel with all my feelers, but if I had to pick just one, for any occasion, it'd probably be March into the Sea by Modest Mouse, for it's content, clashes in speed/mood, and for being alternately grim and humorous/irreverent.

AND because I bought that album the same year I moved away from my hometown, I tend to associate it with important, transitionary phases. Kind of evokes a frantic, bitter, yet triumphant feeling that is pretty in-character for me, as a kinda-sorta-sometimes-recovering malcontent. heh.gif

I have roughly a million so I've only selected my favorites, heh:

The Suburbs - Arcade Fire

Here comes the Sun - The Beatles

Hello Goodbye - The Beatles

Electric Love - Borns

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John

Well, I know the ones at the top of my list would be:

Square One -Tom Petty

Heart Like Mine - Miranda Lambert

And I've got a few others as well:

Cool Change - Little River Band

Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth with Money in My Hand - Primitive Radio Gods

Cowboy Take Me Away - Dixie Chicks

Dirt Road Anthem - Jason Aldean

My Demons - Starset

Unnamed Feeling - Metallica

45 - Shinedown (no I'm not suicidal to me it's a proverbial gun)

Storming Heaven - (no clue who it's by XD sawy...)

Red - Cheville

What Have You done - Within Temptation

Nemo - Nightwish

• 1 month later...

While this isn't an all encompassing representation of "me," I have periods of depression for a short or long duration.

If I had a choice to warn people that my mind has taken a turn, but didn't have the energy to string word correctly (or audibly),

I would use a code word. That code word? "Cherry Tree".... for this reason:

Cherry Tree- The National

At this time in my life it would have to be "Walking On Sunshine" because I am at a point where everything is just right and I am very grateful most of the time, and when I am feeling happy that song pops into my head.

Oh yeah, music is my jam! I've got a lot of picks, but I've got to narrow it down.

"It's Raining Tacos" ParryGripp

"Don't You Worry Child" Swedish House Mafia

"Gravity Falls" Theme Song

"The Hamsterdance Song" Hampton the Hamster

:^]

At the moment, my theme songs would be:

Gold - Adventure Club

The Tempest- Pendulum

Wake Me Up - Avicii

Cool Kids - Echosmith

Up Up and Away - Kid Cudi (I don't usually listen to this genre, but I really like the lyrics to this song)

That's all I can think of for now

• 1 year later...

I just found this

"Don't You Worry Child" Swedish House Mafia

Galway Girl Ed Sheeren

"Solitude is Bliss" by Tame Impala - because there's nothing I love more than being alone

The Scientist - Coldplay

Cecilia and the Satellite - Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness

A Little Respect - Erasure

Ring The Bells - James

I Am A Rock - Simon and Garfunkel

Welcome to the Black Parade - MCR

I could go on and on and on.... but these are probably my top 6

Right now I think it's a mix of:

Smashmouth - All Star

Suzi Quattro - The Wild One

The Offspring - Self Esteem

The Shins - Caring is Creepy 

Bloc Party - Ratchet

They're not all too positive songs, but it's quite a varied mix. 

Angels - Within temptation.

Alive - Cimorelli

Good enough - Cimorelli

Little me - Little mix

Good enough - Little mix.

Jup...

I have a few:

"Crazy Bitch" by Buckcherry

"Little Fighter" by White Lion

"Run to the Water" by Live

"The Greatest View" by Silverchair

"Sunshower" by Chris Cornell