Sneeze Fetish Forum

Anyone have interesting traits?

Whitehorse

Whitehorse

What is some interesting stuff about you?

As for myself: I speak 4 languages (including English) and I have a twin brother. I'm 7 minutes older than him. :proud:

Hmm...

I had surgery on my thumb when I was four, and got my ears pierced on Halloween on the same year. I'm also only 5" tall...haha, I actually can't think of anything. :lol:

Oh, I'm allergic to peaches and cherries! (And possibly apples and pears :P ). Does that count? And I was allergic to blue food coloring until I reached Elementary School.

@Whitehorse what are the 4 languages you can speak and to what level?

I retained the ability to put my legs behind my head that I developed as a kid. It used to be my party trick but now it's just kinda weird :P I've never tried a strawberry - but I did try strawberry ice cream for the first time 3 days ago. I could go on for ages, but thought I should keep it light for now lol.

The only thing I can think is that I have a near-photographic memory for a lot of things I see in print. I can remember a lot of conversations had over IM verbatim, even if they happened a few years ago.

Oddly, while I can remember this happening throughout my life, the ability only really sharpened itself within the last few years, despite my short-term memory in general flying out the window. I have no idea why.

Whitehorse

@Whitehorse what are the 4 languages you can speak and to what level?

English, Swedish, Norwegian and Spanish. English since I was born and raised in the USA and learned it from birth. Spanish since I took it in school, from middle school to senior year of college plus a language immersion trip I took to Spain. Swedish and Norwegian I speak completely fluently, but I can't write them well at all. I grew up hearing and therefore speaking them both around the house (Mom is Swedish, Dad is Norwegian) but I was never formally taught to write either of them. :( lol I wish I was.

Let's see... Well, I have very long, very curly hair that I haven't gotten cut since I was eight. My parent's run a daycare from our house and have since I was two, so I've literally been surrounded by children ages 6 weeks to 5 years for even longer than I can remember. A lot of people ask if my sister and I are twins, even though she's three and a half years younger than me. And the last thing I'll put is that I can determine what song is playing on my iPod (I have almost 200 songs on it, and that's not counting the one's I've deleted from my playlist over the years (then it's almost 400)) after listening to the first couple of seconds. With some songs, I only need to hear the first second.

-Uh lets see. I can speak both fluent English and French.

-I can understand Spanish at a moderate level, but I only took one class and hopefully will take Spanish level 2 class.

-Uhhh my left eyebrow is VERY arched and I hate it. Even getting my eyebrows waxed dosent help one bit. My eyebrows are so different D:

-Uhhh I have a birth mark on my left arm that's very noticeable.

-Im left handed, if that counts as an interesting trait since its more rare than right handed.

-I have curly wild hair that I dont have time to maintain but get complimented on?

-I have HUGE brown eyes, my friends say its like "manga eyes".

-I have like four dimples when I naturally smile, its embarrassing to have four.

I think thats it? laughing.gif

Hum....

-When I touch the skin between the fingers of my left hand, it tickles me somewhere between my ear and my throat, on the left side.

-I'm ambidextrous and I use this ability to write reverse messages on the windows to people waiting for the bus when I'm inside.

-I like scaring people by dislocating my thumb and crinkling something under my armpit at the same time. Almost made a girl faint the first time I did it :P

,-I got a very big Facebook page about a fictional creature that started in a series of horror book, but is now so ugely popular, other people are writing books, making movies, music and video games about it.

I have two toes that are kind of webbed.

I so want to see and also don't want to see :lol:

Hmmm…when I was younger, my family bought a new house directly across the street from my old one. When we moved, we mostly just carried them across the road. My dog at the time was incredibly confused about why suddenly we were always at the neighbour's place! :P

I can't think of anything else particularly interesting at the moment, but I'll update this if I do :lol:

One of my cats once spoke to me, in that telepathy-ish way that animal communicators refer to. Note, I am not an animal communicator.

What my cat thought was so important she had to send it directly to my mind was this:

"Are YOU going to eat cat food?!" (I was eating tuna at the time.) :lol:

I know it's not exactly a trait, but I HAVE experienced this type of communication on a few other occasions, so I suppose I am somewhat able to communicate with animals. Or rather, understand when THEY communicate with ME. :rolleyes:

I can bend my fingers back farther than anyone else I know.

Ah, my friend, you have not yet met me biggrinsmiley.gif (That being said I'm so disturbingly flexible I can actually touch my tongue to my elbow).

I have two toes that are kind of webbed.

I so want to see and also don't want to see heh.gif

Hmmm…when I was younger, my family bought a new house directly across the street from my old one. When we moved, we mostly just carried them across the road. My dog at the time was incredibly confused about why suddenly we were always at the neighbour's place! tonguesmiley.gif

I can't think of anything else particularly interesting at the moment, but I'll update this if I do heh.gif

Much like your dog, I am also quite confused as too why you move across the street.. :s Economical reasons?

I also have a few webbed toes. I always thought they were pretty common but after a few people lost their mind, I realise it's not as common as I thought. It's common in my family though xD

Much like your dog, I am also quite confused as too why you move across the street.. :s Economical reasons?

Sorta! My parents wanted a larger house. The one across the street had room for an office and guest room, plus it had a pool. And we knew the people selling it. So we ended up making a private offer and then put our old house on the market and sold it for more than we paid for the place which is pretty awesome considering it was an upgrade! :)

I'm double-jointed.

I can bend my arms behind my back without breaking anything.

Uh.... I have a really good memory for spelling and word definitions, and I can improvise haikus on the spot. mellow.png

So, to answer your question: not really. lol.gif

I guess you could call me "Twinkle Toes," since I've

been scolded on numerous occasions due to sneaking up

on unsuspecting people, especially at work. That, or I

only choose to use my vocal chords when its high on demand.

I am twenty-two, but I look sixteen to some. My hair is super

absorbent of food smells. I am very well-balanced, and have

not fallen down since...two years ago? :lol: Do I at least

get a "D" on this for trying?

I'm also only 5" tall

I know what you meant, but if you reread that you might see why I find this so funny :rofl:

(That being said I'm so disturbingly flexible I can actually touch my tongue to my elbow).

SAME. Purple stole mine. :schmoll: Guess it's not that interesting. :lol:

Let's see...I'm allergic to coconut (who exactly has THAT allergy? not all nuts, and no other foods, just coconut.) I'm double jointed, my eyes change color (blue, green, grey. usually just stay an aqua color). I speak fluent Sindarian, quite a bit of Quenlya (yes, those are both Elvish from LOTR I'm such a nerd) some Hebrew and a bit of Spanish. On the subject of languages, I can say a few sentences in German but they consist of words I memorized from song lyrics listening to Rammstein so I won't count that. I have an obsession with wolves, and I have sonargraphic memory (it's like photographic memory but instead of seeing something and remembering it I hear something and remember it. hence, I'm great with languages and at work if I'm present when something is said I'm always called upon to repeat EXACTLY what was said verbatim.)

Nothing interests me more than this thread! Good topic! I kind of like just reading the responses... but wow all of you guys have such cool things about you!!

I am exceptionally gifted at calling out bullcrap.

That said, I am also great at bullshitting written work.

I can't snap my fingers, but I can snap my toes.

I have really good memory for people (names and faces) and up until a few years ago I would pretend not to know people I recognized because it occasionally freaked people out that I'd met them at a concert or at camp five years ago and remembered their face and name. As I've gotten older I've started caring less. Funny how that happens :)

I'm named after a Beatles song (as are all my siblings), but I go by my middle name.

I'm also only 5" tall

I know what you meant, but if you reread that you might see why I find this so funny :rofl:

(That being said I'm so disturbingly flexible I can actually touch my tongue to my elbow).

SAME. Purple stole mine. :schmoll: Guess it's not that interesting. :lol:

GAH I MEAN 5'.

Idk if this counts or not, but I can make grass shriek! (Also my thumbs are chubby and short, so sometimes I hit the wrong buttons...in fact instead of quoting your post, Moon, I edited it :blush: )

I speak fluent Sindarian, quite a bit of Quenlya (yes, those are both Elvish from LOTR I'm such a nerd) some Hebrew and a bit of Spanish.

I have to nitpick (or nerd out) a bit and mention that neither Sindarin nor Quenya are complete languages, so it'd be pretty hard to be fluent in them! At best, Tolkien put together fragments and invented up new words and grammatical rules along the way (which is in itself still wildly impressive given the extents and consistencies he held). That said, it's certainly possible to use those pre-established rules and sort of neo-translate certain words and passages, but there wouldn't be one authority to say what's correct from incorrect. Sadly :lol: !

Archived