Sneeze Fetish Forum

What do you call your fetish?

abigailwatson

For those with related fetishes besides sneezing, do you have a blanket term for what you refer to your fetish as? Sickness fetish? As mine has been widening over time, I'm not sure what to call it anymore as "sneeze fetish" doesn't encompass other aspects.

Well dang. This question has gone and sparked some sort of fetish existential crisis in me. What would I call it? Its not hurt/comfort as I am not also into injuries and the term seems to encompass that. Illness might cover it. I don't know.

Perhaps we should all brainstorm and invent a term. :D

Hm...that's a really good question it's easier for me though since my mom actually shares my fetish in a different way. So we both call it caretaking. I'm into caretaking illness, while she's into caretaking injury.

A lot of the people I know use the term illness fetish but to me that sounds kind of awkward. I usually don't label it aside from "my paraphilia/fetish" and then if I need to be more specific I add that I like illness.

Depends on who I'm discussing it. Some of my online friends know I like fever scenes in anime/manga so I'll use that term but I do tend it blanket it under "Sickness" since I do love a lot aspects besides sneezing. So for me the blanket term works.

A cold fetish I suppose. I always felt 'sneeze fetish' was a little too restrictive because I enjoy other aspects of a cold almost as much. And sneezing doesn't quite do it for me if it isn't from illness.

A weakness fetish and an allergy fetish. I don't care much for caretaking or illness and absolutely not contagion or coughing. However I like the relentless itchiness - not just of the nose but also the eyes - that comes with allergies. And it's really important to me that the person suffering from it is above me, you know? I like weakness, but only in people who are in a dominant position or a dominant personality compared to me. I guess if they're weaker than I am to begin with I definitely don't feel okay enjoying their misery.

I call mine Bob.

:shifty:;):P

Blast you, you beat me to it. :lol:

I usually call mine The Preference, actually.

I haven't really given it much thought, I suppose. But considering all my fetishes other than sneezing, I'd consider it a vulnerability/loss of control fetish~ Hmm.. that's pretty vague though... :lol:

Well dang. This question has gone and sparked some sort of fetish existential crisis in me. What would I call it? Its not hurt/comfort as I am not also into injuries and the term seems to encompass that. Illness might cover it. I don't know.

Perhaps we should all brainstorm and invent a term. :D

Haha! I didn't mean to cause any kind of existential crises ;)

I think for me, I had come to think of mine as a "sneeze fetish" only because coming across this forum was the first time I had called it anything at all. But the more I think about it, it has always been more than sneezing (e.g., I can remember developing a crush on a guy in grade 6 after he had bronchitis), so the term doesn't express all that I need it to.

Thanks everyone for your replies!

Same here, Abigail. The term "sneeze fetish" was just the first one that I heard which included a component of my larger fetishes (h/c, illness, vulnerability). I didn't know that any of that other stuff had names at all until after I had been looking at sneeze-related material for some time.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I consider it a cold fetish but I'm also waaay into when a guy's been crying and has to do all that sniffling and blowing. Come to mama.

Some interesting answers here. It is definitely a vulnerability/loss of control/helplessness fetish for me, but strictly in the context of a someone having a cold.

Not that I've ever really talked about this... but I'm describing myself as "cold fetishist" because of so many interrelated symptoms: sneezing, stifling, nose-blowing, coughing, being feverish, feeling weak and run-down. There is often but not always a bid dollop of care-taking and H/C. (A lot of times I'm fantasizing about a "trashy" character who is just sneezing and coughing all the place, because they're sick and they don't care. I love the contagion aspect, and definitely prefer cold symptoms to allergy symptoms... although cold + allergy can also combine for a double punch of vulnerability resulting in an extra severe cold. I enjoy that scenario.)

I have explored cough fetish stuff online, but I'm not into the dark, pathological aspect of it. Which probably sounds hypocrtical because I am gross messy fetish trash. But I like congested bad coughs that are still "cute" somehow because the character just needs to recover from their cold, and they're not going to die or be seriously hurt. I like characters being embarrassed and humiliated by cold symptoms that they can't hide or control. The louder and messier the better. Helplessness in the face of colds fetish?

When I'm actually explaining it to norms, I call it a "nose fetish".

When I'm talking to other friends that know and experience it's awesomeness, it's "crack" :)

I personally try to avoid using the term "fetish" simply because I don't like it, but I technically have a tickling fetish. My primary fetish is actually navel tickling, but nasal tickling is a close second.

• 9 months later...
On 10/25/2015 at 0:51 PM, Kalla said:

Some interesting answers here. It is definitely a vulnerability/loss of control/helplessness fetish for me, but strictly in the context of a someone having a cold.

Not that I've ever really talked about this... but I'm describing myself as "cold fetishist" because of so many interrelated symptoms: sneezing, stifling, nose-blowing, coughing, being feverish, feeling weak and run-down. There is often but not always a bid dollop of care-taking and H/C. (A lot of times I'm fantasizing about a "trashy" character who is just sneezing and coughing all the place, because they're sick and they don't care. I love the contagion aspect, and definitely prefer cold symptoms to allergy symptoms... although cold + allergy can also combine for a double punch of vulnerability resulting in an extra severe cold. I enjoy that scenario.)

I have explored cough fetish stuff online, but I'm not into the dark, pathological aspect of it. Which probably sounds hypocrtical because I am gross messy fetish trash. But I like congested bad coughs that are still "cute" somehow because the character just needs to recover from their cold, and they're not going to die or be seriously hurt. I like characters being embarrassed and humiliated by cold symptoms that they can't hide or control. The louder and messier the better. Helplessness in the face of colds fetish?

Oh my god, all of this. Lol. I love all of it.

Nasophilia. X)  But for me, specifically certain types of noses. Also there's a level of vulnerability as well that's a turn-on that goes along with that.

I don't really call mine anything to be honest. I probably should find something to call it xD.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would like to call it an illness fetish as I am into many aspects of colds, mostly sneezing, sniffles, mucous, fever... but i don't like calling it that because i CANNOT handle emeto at all, so i cant just call it illness in general... maybe i should just call it a head cold fetish? idk.

• 3 weeks later...

Ah! Kushami, I can't handle emeto either. And I can't handle contagion (germophobic, biac, call it what you will) because when I'm around someone sick and catch it, the person's sick three days, and I'm into it for at least 3 weeks, + recup time. But that sounds like a good excuse, over time, and I wonder after reading you all if it's not also related to the fetish in some distant way?

To get back on topic, I don't really like the term "fetish", either ; it sounds a bit too much like a condition in itself! But I discovered it around here, lurking, so....I adapted :razz:

Archived