• Only when I have a cold/allergies
    • A couple of times a week
    • Once a day
    • Twice a day
    • 3-4 times a day
    • More than 4 times day
    • 10 or more times a day
    • Whenever I sneeze

I've noticed that some people seem to blow their noses a lot, and others never seem to blow. I always blow my nose in the morning when I get up, and then a fewtimes throughout the day. I just wondered if there are actually any people who never blow, and wondered why?

Thanks for indulging me!

Hankyhonk

P.S. Does anyone know anyone who often needs to blow but never does?

As an avid noseblower, I blow every day and often. I blow in the morning when I get up, at various times during the day, and at night when I get home, i often find I need to blow my nose after a meal.

Personally, I hate to blow. I find it almost as embrassing as having to sneeze in front of a group of people. I don't like the way it sounds or feels or anything, and I only blow when I'm alone or just really despert. I try to do it as little as possible, tissues are for wiping my nose as far as I'm concerned....not blowing. :unsure: At least not in front of people. My mom blows her nose all of the time it seems, and it truly disgusts me beyond belief, besides the fact that she's family....blowing just isn't my thing.

*Edit...sorry, reading over this. I didn't mean to be rude. I don't think that those who like blowing are disgusting or anything, I mean as many of you know...just because it was making some people I know happy, I had a video clip of myself blowing posted on a yahoo group a while back. I mean, to each his/her own. Anyway, just wanted to say that I hope I haven't offended anyone with what I just said, it's just my personal opinion about it. Love you all.

I personally never blow my nose. It's very rare. Now, my partner blows ALL the time....at least 5 or more times a day...pretty much every time he sneezes.....

Weird how different some things are, huh?

~Frack

Well, find it hard to answer your question. When I feel like it, maybe 15 times in one day. When I need to, often. When I don't feel like it, not. I must say that, out of shame, I tried to pass days without blowing when I had a cold, and I troed to sniff discretely, but it felt very good to eventually blow and be able to breathe.

• 1 year later...

Wake up sneezing is a more common sneeze time for me so i voted once a day at average, because thats the more average time to sneeze for me. Except for allergies and colds maybe.

Only with colds or allergies, I'm afraid. I do tend to sniff a bit sometimes, and probably should blow my nose, but I don't. I don't usually carry a hanky or tissues around with me either... though there are a few somewhere in the car. Can never keep track of hankies.

The lad blows his nose frequently, always has at least one hankie in his pocket, and if he's not blowing his nose with it, he's wiping at his nose.... he does that a lot, just wiping it. Not sure why. His nose is really ugly and just perfect :D

=kiwi= :D

Edited cos somehow it became a double post

I tried to vote in the poll but it wouldn't let me for some reason! Oh well, my vote would have been 3-4 times a day, for those interested.

Basically I have to blow my nose each and every morning for some unknown reason. Some mornings are worse than others, but I always seem to wake up with my nose ranging from mildly snuffly to feeling like I've been snorting salt water all night. Some mornings the snuffliness will be combined with a runny nose and the feeling like I need to sneeze that only goes away when I blow.

Most of the time 1-2 blows in the morning will suffice but sometimes I am forced to blow repeatedly, every 10 minutes or so as the snuffles just keep coming back.

I also sometimes blow my nose when I get home from work in the afternoons if I feel sniffly. If not, I don't think about it at all.

My gf tends to blow her nose every day but only in the mornings.

This is all changed if we have colds though. We both tend to blow (or attempt to through completely useless noses) all the time then.

I never blow in public or in front of anyone, even my gf. Too embarrassing. So I only do it when I'm alone.

I answered twice a day, but in fact it's pretty seasonal. Sometimes I can go all day without blowing, other times it's several times a day.

If I sneeze just once, I may not need to blow at all; after two it's usual, and after three I start dripping (perhaps a detail you didn't need !)

How come I find it embarrassing to blow in public? Well, it's the same thing as finding it embarrassing to sneeze in public...I find the whole issue a sexual thing so to do so in public embarrasses me. *shrug* I don't recall a time I EVER blew my nose in public. A few times I've sneezed, but only in front of strangers who I'll never see again.

I remember when I was little and had a cold my mum was trying to get me to blow my nose to help the congestion and I kept refusing like it was the most terrible thing in the world to do. I preferred to sniff and sniff constantly as opposed to the intense embarrassment and almost nasal violation that was to blow in front of anyone. LOL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I blow my nose a couple of times a week because I often have allergies and many times I wake up with a stuffy

nose so I'll blow to clear the stuffiness. As much as I love nose blowing, I only do it in private because I also get embarrassed.

I voted 3-4 times, which is an average. Every day, at least a couple of times. Really kind of depends on the season, where I am, full moon, who the heck knows. Spring -- feels like constantly, frankly, annoys the shit out of me.

• 2 weeks later...
If I sneeze just once, I may not need to blow at all; after two it's usual, and after three I start dripping (perhaps a detail you didn't need !)

Atchoum, I liked that detail a lot! :drool: Would LOVE to see you sneeze 3 times!

I had to vote never I as am way too embarrassed... although I do occasionally do it in private if I really have to, but that's only once in a blue moon.

I wish I could get R. to vote! I think he would go for 4+ a day, although I've definitely seen him blow his nose over 10 times some days (swoon...)

I had to vote never I as am way too embarrassed... although I do occasionally do it in private if I really have to, but that's only once in a blue moon.

Juliette,

I do hope all our advice on the other thread is helping you overcome your shyness! If not, I'll try to help some more!...

I voted in the poll a while ago for more than four times a day. Although when I get a really stubborn tickle in hayfever season, that feels like it rises to 10+ per hour, all long, honking blows!!

Rick.

• 1 month later...
I answered twice a day, but in fact it's pretty seasonal. Sometimes I can go all day without blowing, other times it's several times a day.

Nah...personally...I LOVED that detail...would love to see 4 sneezes. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

When I voted, I said "4 or more times a day", but I wasn't really counting. The poll made me curious, so I started keeping track. It really is 10 times a day or more, for me.

I don't have any sneezy, drippy type allergies, and I don't have a cold. I just don't like my nose feeling wet, I guess.

Every time I come inside from outside, my nose runs and I blow a couple of times. When I wake up in the morning, I blow. When I eat hot or spicy food, I blow. After I sneeze, I blow. And then there are just random blows throughout the day. Unless I'm having a cold, though, these are very quiet little airy, misty nose blows. They make the kleenex wet, but not gooey.

I must be some sort of nose-blowing freak, and I didn't even know it.

For the record, my husband blows his nose LOTS more than I do. It is constantly runny, despite antihistamines, sudafed, and nose sprays every day. It's got to be dozens of times a day (and night -- it runs in his sleep, too)

• 4 months later...
Guest nysailor17

I couldn't answer the poll, but I would have to say more than 4 times a day on average. Of course, if I have a cold, it's more than that. So far today, I've blown my nose 3 times, and I've only been up for about 30 minutes!!! I am sure this is gonna be one of those constant nose blowing days!! Yep, I was right. I have to blow my nose again......sorry. Pffffftttttttttttt.....honk!!! Sorry bout that guys. Here are the details if anyone wants to know. I grabbed one tissue (Puffs Plus, white), folded it in half (lengthwise), put it up to my nose, blew out of the left nostril first, then the right nostril while bending my head down. I blew soft out of the left nostril for quite a while. It sounded really soggy. There was so much snot up there. I then blew soft out of the right nostril, and there was a lot up there too. There was even a little honk at the end of blowing out of my right nostril. I then proceeded to open the tissue (which was stuck together because of all the snot), and saw that there was a lot of clear, sticky snot with a little bit of yellow snot in it. Hope everyone likes the posting. I am not really sure what I am doing, but I hope it's right. Please reply and let me know if it's okay.

Personally, I hate to blow. I find it almost as embrassing as having to sneeze in front of a group of people. I don't like the way it sounds or feels or anything, and I only blow when I'm alone or just really despert. I try to do it as little as possible, tissues are for wiping my nose as far as I'm concerned....not blowing. :laugh: At least not in front of people. My mom blows her nose all of the time it seems, and it truly disgusts me beyond belief, besides the fact that she's family....blowing just isn't my thing.

*Edit...sorry, reading over this. I didn't mean to be rude. I don't think that those who like blowing are disgusting or anything, I mean as many of you know...just because it was making some people I know happy, I had a video clip of myself blowing posted on a yahoo group a while back. I mean, to each his/her own. Anyway, just wanted to say that I hope I haven't offended anyone with what I just said, it's just my personal opinion about it. Love you all.

There was a video of Susie blowing her nose????????

Dang, I miss everything!

Archived