Sneeze Fetish Forum

What's a turn-off in sneezing for you?

MysteryGirl

On this forum, we tend to talk about good sneezing experiences, ones that make us really excited and wanting more. Everyone tends to have their favorite way of sneezing, or seeing someone else sneeze. But of course, there are things that really make us cringe. For me, it's super rapid fire, extenuated sneezes, and that's just to start. (if you like those kinds, good for you though :P) I'm always curious about what others like to see and don't like to see, so... here's a topic for it :) (sorry if there is already one)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luisa39

• MysteryGirl

• Chanel_no5

• Joal 555

The biggest turn off for me is any kind of mess, which I know some people like, so I guess it takes all sorts.

I'm also not a fan of loud/noisy/messy nose blowing if we are talking about related fetishes too.

:joal:

Edited by Joal 555
typo

I'm with Joal, it's mess. I don't mind very minor comments in say writing but real life it's an absolute deal breaker.  

Hmm..I hate overly loud sneezes when I'm not expecting it or focused on something else. I can't stand being startled! But if I know it's coming or see it happening then I'm fine and actually love it! Otherwise, I love almost everything about sneezing lol

For me, it's super snotty messy sneezes. I'm not turned off by a little mucus on its own, I just don't like it when it's super messy. 

I don't have certain turn-offs because I actually like everything ? I just don't like pinched sneezes and too many holdbacks with no sneeze at the end. 

Deliberate and contrived mess.

Seeing someone really distressed by their sneezing, like the poor girl who couldn't stop for months. That's just horrible.

Most types of inducing

Weak cough like 'nothing' sneezes

Any kind of exaggerated sound. 

Edited by haymaker

2 words:

Family. Members. :wacko::uhuh:

Blessing me, sneezing themselves, commenting on my, my siblings', or their own sneezing, sniffing, or coughing. ASKING FOR/IF SOMEONE NEEDS A tissue :banging:

2 hours ago, Joal 555 said:

The biggest turn off for me is any kind of mess, which I know some people like, so I guess it takes all sorts.

I'm also not a fan of loud/noisy/messy nose blowing if we are taking about related fetishes too.

:joal:

I'll second all of this, especially not a fan of mess at all. Now, I know sometimes it's unavoidable but I don't like when it's the focus.

I'll second all the comments on mess, but also add that I don't really like it when people purposefully enhance a sneeze and turn it into a scream. 

3 hours ago, Prongs said:

2 words:

Family. Members. :wacko::uhuh:

Blessing me, sneezing themselves, commenting on my, my siblings', or their own sneezing, sniffing, or coughing. ASKING FOR/IF SOMEONE NEEDS A tissue :banging:

Oh my gosh THIS. I can't believe I forgot to mention family. Probably the biggest turn-off of the century right here :stitchfacesmiley: Like, I love them, but I wish they'd just shut up sometimes

I actually love any kind of mess... from the nose. Spit, or perhaps more accurately, drool---as in big fat globs or strings of spit---is a huge no no. Misty spray is petectly fine, though.

Also stifles and elbow covering and of course, my family. Mostly my dad. He has year-round allergies and gets a cold like once a month. Basically, he's never truly well and he sneezes in doubles, triples, sometimes even quadruples at least ten times a day. And these days, he'll sometimes exaggerate them into weird screams/shouts. Pretty sure he's trying to be funny, and perhaps it would be to a vanilla, but for people like us :boxed:

Apparently I'm fairly alone on this, but a MAJOR turn off for me is when someone induces sneezing by sticking something up their nose (like a q-tip, or whatever else). I don't know why this bothers me so much, but it's a pretty extreme turn-off for me, like to the point of repulsion. I can't stand when characters do this in fics, either. I have to be really careful if I'm perusing sneezing vids on Youtube, because if I accidently run across a video where someone's doing this, it's an instant turn-off for me, like it completely kills my mood. Not to mention I'm completely grossed out (and I am not someone who is easily grossed out by things, at all), It's a weird squick, but I can't help it I guess :lol:

Edited by gingerdean

I'm going to add my agreement to the two good folks above me.   Inducing kills it for me.   Like a huge part of my fetish is the whole "strong person being overcome" thing so somebody doing it on purpose just...yeah, mood killer.

Not that it comes up a lot in real life but since I nearly exclusively enjoy my fetish through fiction it's relevant to me.  Fics or recordings where the person is monologuing "Oh, I'm gonna sneeze.  It's gonna be a big one." Etc. Etc.  Whatever enjoyment I might have had just fizzles out.

Not that I'm knocking anyone who likes these things.  I just can't get into things where they are involved.

But other than that I'm pretty "anything goes".  Because I do enjoy my fetish through fiction I don't feel guilty about enjoying anyone's suffering.  They're fictional so bring it! :D

Not  a super fan of mess, nor vidoes where someone induces by ramming something sharp or pointed up their nose. Particularly when all they get is one disappointing sneeze for 5 minutes of waggling it around in there. However, if it makes them explode into a ten sneeze fit, I can live with it... :lol:

10 minutes ago, NoV said:

vidoes where someone induces by ramming something sharp or pointed up their nose

Absolutely agreed on this! In fact, I'm not really a fan of inducing at all.

Cough sneezes. :lol: 

I hate mess. A little spray is nice, and I survive a moment of mess from the nose as long as it really is just a moment and as thin and watery as tears, but that's all, and only when I'm in a specific mood. Nose-blowing and handkerchiefs/tissues fall under this as well. I know, it can be necessary, but I... don't wanna see it.

Inducing. Inducing a sneezing fit with actual allergens is one thing, that can be delicious, and I'm fine with Chhinkni and pepper too. But sticking things up the nose is an immediate turn-off.

When the sneezer enjoys it themselves. No. No, no, no. The greatest part of it for me is the loss of control, the embarrassment and the misery. Don't ruin my semi-sadism by enjoying it, damnit! :lol: 

Obviously everything family member-related. *cringe*

Exaggerated sneezes in any way - altered to sound cute, funny, extreme... no. And on the other end of the spectra, I dislike it when a sneeze sounds like it demands no effort at all. I do like stifles - I prefer a mix, but yeah, I'm okay with stifles - but they have to sound like the sneezer is making an effort to hold them in.

I absolutely hate it when someone has a few nice sneezes going and then starts to cough. It's an immediate turn-off for me since coughing isn't just not part of my fetish, it's a phobia instead. And this, along with germs, is the reason I'm not very fond of colds. Obviously, if you listen to wavs you can't catch their germs, but there's a much bigger chance /risk of encountering coughing in it compared to allergies. I know it can't be helped, believe me, but it's a turn-off for me fetish-wise.

People sneezing into the front of their shirt. For some reason it makes me angry! :huh: I mean the same kind of irrational anger I feel when family members sneeze, and I have no idea why.

Whiny Chanel over and out. :P 

Cough-like sneezes, rapid-fire or cat-like sneezes, scream sneezes, overly loud and exaggerated sneezes, a lot of mess. I am ok with some spray, and a little mess, as long as it's from someone close to me, but if it gets really messy, it's a turn off.

Completely silent stifles make me mad. Lol I have seen a few stifles from some people that are cute, but mostly because they make some sort of noise or acknowledge that they just stifled or held it back. But, I guess what I am ultimately saying is, if I can't tell you just sneezed, then it does nothing for me. ? If I have to ask, then it was a waste. 

Family members. Not so much a turn off, but I just really don't pay attention to them at all. I'll bless but that's it.

Too much talk about sneezing starts to make me embarrassed and uncomfortable. So if someone sneezes and the discussion goes on too long, I will lose interest.

Ok, I think I am done. 

21 hours ago, MysteryGirl said:

Oh my gosh THIS. I can't believe I forgot to mention family. Probably the biggest turn-off of the century right here :stitchfacesmiley: Like, I love them, but I wish they'd just shut up sometimes

Totally agree, I get so embarrassed if I hear anyone that's related to me sneeze, esp my immediate family and in-laws! 

Blerg, freaking rapid fire, doesn't stop until after 10 sneezes fits. God I find them so irritating! In real life and in fics. Like, 5 or 6, okay. Past that, now I'm getting pissed off, because it's annoying. Especially if they all sound the same and are semi stifled. Or like, the multiples just sound like the end of the sneeze, just "chh chh chh" on repeat. Doesn't do it for me. Partially why I don't like allergy stories.

Cough sneezes, mostly because they don't sound like I want them too and are like "really?". Plus, they're just grating to listen to. Along with exaggerated sneezes. 

Irl, sneezing too much over a long period of time. Like, a few times every few minutes. Get's on my nerves. I'm a horrible person, I can't stand people with allergies, I know they can't get you sick, but it just doesn't do anything for me. I'm weird and hate almost all aspects of the fetish irl, except for like the random sneezes from someone I think is cute or good looking. I'm picky.

What a great question...

Even though i obviously knew my likes an dislikes i didn't realise how many there were! You would think i didn't actually like it at all - i can assure you i do haha

This are just my own personal dislikes. Many will not like the things i like so if you like all of these then i totally get that too. We like what we like and we didn't make a conscious choice of what aspects they are. I'm just glad that what a "muggle" will see as 1 non differential action - we can break up into hundreds of seperate parts that work for us in different ways.

Mess - i saw someone above mention people on youtube who make a point of enjoying this side of things. Not for me thank you.

Blowing during a fit. Keep them seperate but not the end of the world.

Cough Like ones - How are these legal? Come on Trump - Get to the real world issues.

Family as well as discussions. I don't want to talk about this ever again.

Books that i may have to read out loud containing it. - i say "it" i'm going through a phase again where i can hardly type the words as i know they will be read by more than 1 person. I need to be retrained if there are volunteers :lol:

Me having to bless someone - i can't say it to male - (don't ask i'm beyond help)

People who say "bless me". - What is the matter with you?

People who show revulsion to themselves or someone else doing it - commenting "eeewww" after someone does it. I've been through what felt like a life time of a colleague giving me so much "jokey" abuse loudly and publicly about my own style and volume. I'm perfectly happy to give and take all of this kind of stuff.....just not this and i have to still pretend that i find it funny!

Asking me if i have "a cold ,allergies, need a tissue etc" every time. It is possible to not have any of them at a certain point!

Obviously i understand the need for covering in the real world but when it is a full cover by people who use their hands it takes the edge off it. If you must use your hands then keep them away from your face so i can see it - How rude!!!. i realise i'm getting into specifics and splitting hairs here but where else can i say this? 

I'm ok with stifles - not my fav- but if it sounds painful or like it should be messy. - Takes the edge of it.

I am not convinced that actually have a fetish anymore!!! - anyone actually like the word fetish? haha but my list of likes and preferences vastly outweigh this one. I knew i was a fussy bugger - which i'm entitled to be but i think that should do for now.

Stifles are probably the biggest turnoff for me. I don't know why... I feel like things like family member sneezes, and mess, and other more prominent things would affect me more, but someone who always stifles their sneezes will really turn me off. Now... there are videos out there where people start off stifling, and end up letting loose because their sneeze fit has gone on for too long, and that's fine. Actually, that might make it better. But let's say I have a "post worthy," experience in real life, but it's all stifles... it kills my mood.

Sneezes within the family suck as well.

A mucusy mess is absolutely disgusting, but after that messy sneezes aren't a super big deal overall.

One more I can think of that might be a shocker is sneezes with too many syllables. I think 2 syllables is the maximum for me. It seems pretty uncommon for sneezes to go beyond that, but anytime I hear someone sneeze with more than 2 syllables, it just weirds me out!

Just thought of another one. Self-obs. I can't get into it when people recall their own sneeze fits, or their own sneezes. Hopefully that's not just me.

Edited by TheBowler