Sneeze Fetish Forum

SF Mobile Game (FREE) (alpha)

Saltide

News
Welcome to the first public release of my game! This game is free and ad-free, and always will be. The game is currently in alpha, which means I'm still working on adding basic features. I'm sharing this version with you all because I've been working (slowly) for months on this, and I can't wait any longer to tell you all about it and let you try what I've made so far! Please read the section, Important Information Regarding Security and Starting the Game, and carefully read the instructions pertaining to your device in the Installing the Game section before downloading the game. I'd also highly encourage you to read the Acknowledgements section.

I will update this thread with information about the latest updates to the game. As of the latest news update on 14 September 2017, I am actively working on the game. This may change with my personal schedule requirements (work, school, etc.) and I will try to update my status accordingly. I cannot guarantee timely updates, but I am very enthusiastic about this project, so be sure to subscribe to this thread to get notifications of the latest updates!

uKdsLi5.png

Important Information Regarding Security and Starting the Game
I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want someone to find this kind of game on my phone. Therefore, I have disguised the game as a simple stopwatch application. It is, in fact, a fully functioning stopwatch, called ProStopwatch. If someone comes across it on your phone, you can just pass it off as a stopwatch app because that's technically what it is. Pretty clever, right? To access the real game, simply tap the Reset button 5 times in a row, and enter the password: sffantasy

You may still be concerned about keeping a game like this on your personal device, so I will explain further how this setup is safe. (If you're already convinced, you have my permission to skip the rest of this section.) When you open the app, it loads a stopwatch. That's it. The rest of the game isn't hidden by an overlay, it isn't simply "disabled" -- it's not loaded, period. When you tap Reset 5 times without tapping other buttons in between, you can enter text into an inconspicuous text field. When you hit Return or otherwise dismiss the keyboard, it compares the text you entered to the correct password. If the text doesn't exactly match the correct password, nothing happens. Only if they are an exact match does the rest of the game load. That is the only way to make the real game load. After leaving the app and clearing it from your device's Recent Apps list (Recent Apps button on Android, double-tap Home button on iOS), the app essentially resets, and next time you open it, you must go through the same process (stopwatch, reset button 5 times, exact password) to load the game again. Finally, the password is not stored in a generally accessible file on your device -- it is hard-coded into the application (and, not that it matters terribly, but if there are any other software developers here who actually care, the password variable's visibility modifier is in fact private). You would have to reverse engineer the game to find the password within the application. I decided against encryption because the application never sends the password over the internet, or even connects to the internet at all, and no one actually cares enough to try to hack into the application just to find the password.

Okay, serious time is over. Thanks so much for reading. I hope you enjoy the game!

4z5fMrE.png

Installing the Game

Download Android APK
Download iOS IPA

With the costs of publishing apps on mobile storefronts (especially outrageous for independent developers on the Apple App Store), I am not currently interested in using the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. Therefore, I have made the app package available through Google Drive. Use the above links to download the version for your device. (Please note that this is obviously not my personal Google account.) Once you've downloaded the package, you can proceed to sideload it to your device. Because the app is not installed through a store, it will not update automatically. When new updates are available, you can download them from Google Drive and install it the same way. If you get a message about conflicting package versions, uninstall the current version of the app and try again. The new version will replace the old version on your device, but I will not remove old versions from Google Drive.

Instructions for Android
Download the latest APK on your computer, and transfer it to your Android device. You can also download it directly from your device. Either way, you will need to locate the downloaded APK file on your phone, and simply tap to install it. If this is your first time installing an app from somewhere other than the Play Store, you first need to enable app sideloading through the security settings on your device. Please refer to this guide if you haven't enabled this option on your device before.

Instructions for iPhone
Even if your device is not jailbroken, you can sideload apps on iOS using Cydia Impactor. Download the latest IPA and use Impactor on PC or Mac to install it on your device. Carefully follow this guide if you haven't used Impactor before. Note that I am not responsible for issues that may occur from the misuse of Impactor.

uaXgSyA.png

Game Concepts
There are several girls in this game, each with a different personality, and they react differently to various ways of encouraging a certain reaction concerning their nose. But I'm getting ahead of myself. The game has "Scenario" and "Free Play" modes that let you play in different ways. Choosing the Scenario mode will let you experience a story with a girl, using story-specific items, and choosing Free Play will let you use whatever items you like and not be restricted by a story. You can select an item by opening the item menu at the bottom of the screen and tapping an item. Using items is pretty intuitive. In Story mode, you will also see dialogue. Tap the screen to progress through the text. In the top left, you can tap to open the menu. The menu lets you change various options (currently only show/hide the percent bar) and return to the main menu.

As of the first version of the game, there is only one scenario. You can still play Free Play with a few other girls, and I plan on adding scenarios for them, too. The last girl is obviously a little out of place as she is the only one from a real life video. The way to play with her is a little different -- rub on the screen to simulate moving her hand to make her induce.

sOZJsvY.png

Requests and Future Ideas
Now I want to hear from you! What do you think of the direction I'm taking the game? What are some features and scenarios you'd like to see added? (Don't worry, there is a 150% chance I'll add a hiding scenario eventually!)

As for requests for new characters, I'd love to hear your ideas, but keep in mind I'm not an artist. If you know of some graphical and audio assets that you think would work for this game, send a link and I'll take a look. If you've played the game, you've probably noticed that the characters are only female so far. I'm not opposed to adding male characters, but I'm also probably not going to go out of my way to find male assets I can use. Send me good stuff I can work with and I'll consider it!

I'd love to reach the broadest possible audience. If you don't have an Android or iOS device, let me know what platform you require and I'll see what I can do. Unity 3D makes it pretty easy to support many platforms. I haven't tested the game on Windows 10 Mobile but I'm pretty sure it'll work. Don't be shy to reach out about this! 

As for language, at the moment, the game dialogue is only in English. If you would like to provide translations into other languages, I'd be happy to implement a system that will allow for multiple languages. If you plan to make a translation, please let me know ASAP so I can start making that possible. That way I can have it ready sooner. You can submit your translation through this thread, or in a direct message to me; either way, I will make it available to the community before I add it to the game. Allowing others in the community to review and possibly suggest changes should help ensure the quality of translations and provide the best experience for everyone in the language they're most comfortable with.

cBkoD8x.png

Acknowledgements
Firstly, I'm not an artist. I didn't create the visual or audio assets for this game, and I based some scenario ideas on the amazing, and I'd say groundbreaking, games by Supersneezer on Scratch (known as fitster here). The animated sprites are from a Nintendo DS game called Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2. The audio is also from various Scratch games (I've been compiling viable assets for some time now lol). 

What I did was put everything into Unity 3D, write dialogue, put together some character animations, create and animate the interface, spend many hours writing half-decent code so everything plays together nicely, spend longer than I'd like to admit making a stopwatch, and of course, lots and lots of testing... Thanks for reading, and I really hope you enjoy the game!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bben9 said:

Good job m8 I respek you for tis can I give you a hug for dis? *Holds out his arms*

*Reaches out* thanks, I needed a hug.

Thanks for the kind words and I'm glad you're enjoying it so far!

4 minutes ago, Kiaory said:

@Saltide So... I tried to install the game, but instead I got a stopwatch app. What?

...Please tell me I haven't fucked up my phone with a virus or something.

Read the first paragraph of the Important Information Regarding Security and Starting the Game section :thumbs_up:

2 minutes ago, Saltide said:

Read the first paragraph of the Important Information Regarding Security and Starting the Game section :thumbs_up:

...Oh thank god. I was seriously worried I'd gotten suckered into doing something nasty to my phone. :(

...I kind of feel pretty dumb now though :blushsad:

Just now, Kiaory said:

...Oh thank god. I was seriously worried I'd gotten suckered into doing something nasty to my phone. :(

...I kind of feel pretty dumb now though :blushsad:

Don't worry about it! This post ended up being pretty lengthy so it's easy to miss stuff like that.

Hmmm...this looks really cool and I'll have to get it. As for a request it's got to be a "make someone sick" scenerio. But that's just me. Looking forwards to the game :D

Super clever of you to disguise the app. I'll be checking it out at some point because I'm curious and it looks like you put a lot of work into it!

ETA: Okay, so upon looking at the screenshots, I have to ask, does this take place in a school? If so, I'll have to pass...

Wow I love this so much, this was such a great idea! The app is also incredibly smooth and well made, so kudos on that. This seems like a great foundation, and I'm really excited to see how you'll continue to improve it. 

55 minutes ago, AnonyMouse said:

Super clever of you to disguise the app. I'll be checking it out at some point because I'm curious and it looks like you put a lot of work into it!

ETA: Okay, so upon looking at the screenshots, I have to ask, does this take place in a school? If so, I'll have to pass...

It does seem to take place in a school.  

Can we get some confirmation on this? I'm hoping it's more like college or university or something in a more adult setting.

I've loaded the game.  Story is WAY more interesting than free play, so I hope we get more of that!

3 hours ago, Captain Carol said:

Hmmm...this looks really cool and I'll have to get it. As for a request it's got to be a "make someone sick" scenerio. But that's just me. Looking forwards to the game :D

Thanks! I'll keep this in mind... I was planning on doing a hiding scenario next but that'll depend on if I want to add another character to the game first or use one of the existing characters for that scenario. Also, never having thought about a "make someone sick" scenario, I'm open to your suggestions as to how exactly that might play out -- I have a few general ideas but nothing concrete yet.

55 minutes ago, AnonyMouse said:

Thanks! Yeah I decided from the start that some sort of disguise would be mandatory. The first scenario does start at the end of school but ends somewhere else. The other settings have similar backgrounds but as there's no story for them yet, it's not necessarily in a school. I plan to make it possible to change the background in Free Play, and other Scenarios will be in different locations. Also I just realized that I called it Scenario in this thread, but it's called Story in the game...I'll be sure to fix that for next time!

2 minutes ago, achoo258 said:

Wow I love this so much, this was such a great idea! The app is also incredibly smooth and well made, so kudos on that. This seems like a great foundation, and I'm really excited to see how you'll continue to improve it. 

Thanks so much! I'm glad you love it even though there's not much there yet and I am super excited to add more scenarios!

14 minutes ago, Show&tell said:

It does seem to take place in a school.  

Can we get some confirmation on this? I'm hoping it's more like college or university or something in a more adult setting.

I've loaded the game.  Story is WAY more interesting than free play, so I hope we get more of that!

It certainly could be either -- it's up to interpretation a bit. When I said "school" in my other post I did mean university; I usually call my university a "school" so I guess there could be a bit of confusion there. Thanks for checking out the game! I'm a big fan of Story also ;)

I've sent you a message regarding helping with languages :D

OT: Amazing app! Quite smooth indeed, especially for an alpha build :D

1 minute ago, aName said:

I've sent you a message regarding helping with languages :D

OT: Amazing app! Quite smooth indeed, especially for an alpha build :D

Just saw it. Thanks for reaching out and I'm glad you like the app so far! :D

Do you actually have permission to use the art you took from the Nintendo game or the audio assets that you've taken from Scratch?

Sorry, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but as an artist who has had my work borrowed without permission for someone else's project it really is a nasty kick in the teeth to discover someone else just started using your hard work without asking... and maybe in a way you'd rather not have it used.  I'd recommend looking for someone to help you with that part of it.  From the screenshots it looks fairly straightforward and if you can't find someone here willing to do something you have the right to use for free, you might be able to find someone on DeviantArt to do it for a small fee. 

And no, I'm definitely not talking about me.  There's another group here considering a game but working with them we found that the programming part was probably the easiest, the writing second, and the art the hardest.  Looking into it, it just looked like way more than I was willing to take on.  Art is a lot of work.

16 minutes ago, SmokeyGhost said:

Do you actually have permission to use the art you took from the Nintendo game or the audio assets that you've taken from Scratch?

Sorry, I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but as an artist who has had my work borrowed without permission for someone else's project it really is a nasty kick in the teeth to discover someone else just started using your hard work without asking... and maybe in a way you'd rather not have it used.  I'd recommend looking for someone to help you with that part of it.  From the screenshots it looks fairly straightforward and if you can't find someone here willing to do something you have the right to use for free, you might be able to find someone on DeviantArt to do it for a small fee. 

And no, I'm definitely not talking about me.  There's another group here considering a game but working with them we found that the programming part was probably the easiest, the writing second, and the art the hardest.  Looking into it, it just looked like way more than I was willing to take on.  Art is a lot of work.

Hi SmokeyGhost, thanks for voicing your concern. According to Scratch's Community Guidelines:

Share.
You are free to remix projects, ideas, images, or anything else you find on Scratch – and anyone can use anything that you share. Be sure to give credit when you remix.

That covers the audio, and mostly covers the art, because (again, most of) the animated art in my game was used first in Scratch games. I did include a little extra art from the same Nintendo game, that had not been used in a Scratch game before. I consider my use to be another form of remix. Since art from the Nintendo game has been used in Scratch games without issue, I don't see why it would be an issue here as this project is also entirely non-profit.

Slightly unrelated: I am a huge fan of your art! Thanks again for commenting.

1 hour ago, bben9 said:

Yo homie Saltide i'm having trouble installing the app it comes in a pack and im not sure how to get the full app can someone help me?

Are you trying to install it on iPhone or Android? Please use the links I've provided for information on installing the game. If there's a specific error you're seeing, include some details and I'll help you get that sorted out.

34 minutes ago, TheFetishPony said:

I really want to play it. Is there a way to play it on my PC?

The game is designed to work best with touch input, but technically it does work with a mouse. I assume you're on Windows; is it Windows 10 or an older version of Windows?

Just now, Saltide said:

Are you trying to install it on iPhone or Android? Please use the links I've provided for information on installing the game. If there's a specific error you're seeing, include some details and I'll help you get that sorted out.

The game is designed to work best with touch input, but technically it does work with a mouse. I assume you're on Windows; is it Windows 10 or an older version of Windows?

I use a Windows 10. 

6 minutes ago, SmokeyGhost said:

Profit has nothing to do with it.  If you're using work that isn't your own without permission it's plagiarism.

Profit does have some bearing on whether it is considered fair use. That, along with the amount used (the amount I use from the game is minimal considering the reasonable size of other assets in the game, including other art, sounds, story, and code), and considering that my use has little to no impact on the value of the original work, I believe that my work is fair use.

Archived