Sneeze Fetish Forum

A Sick Music Teacher (F) (9 Obs) (Updated November 13, 2018 with 2 obs)

I love Alan Rickman

My cello instructor caught a cold last Wednesday, was in bed for three days, and lost her voice, but she got back to working on Saturday. She was still sick yesterday during our lesson, but despite that, we both still had fun. She is relatively young—in her early twenties—with deep brown eyes, long wavy brown hair, a medium-sized nose with narrow nostrils, and a tall, lean figure. I’d say she’s about 5’8”, but I’ve never seen her in person since we take lessons over Skype. It works surprisingly well! I’ve made two observations with her in the past, but those were regarding her allergies. This was the first time I had a lesson with her when she had a cold. As I’ve called her in my past observations with her, let’s call her M. 

Small disclaimer UPDATE: There’s no sneezing in this first observation, but she did get close and sneezed in the second one. The first is mainly focused on the other parts of her cold. But if you just want to see an observation of her completely ending up sneezing from a cold, go ahead to the next observation. I’ll be updating anytime she sneezes from a cold or other things about her cold any time she gets sick.

Anyway!

When I answered her Skype call, I noticed M holding a tissue up to her nose in one hand, which was expected since I knew she had been sick since Wednesday. She’d told me in advance. I greeted her in Spanish and apologized, explaining I have Spanish class now and am practicing.

M laughed, coughed a few times, and responded hoarsely, “That’s okay. Hello, how are you?” She cleared her throat.

“Good, you?” I asked.

She gave a short sigh and said, “I’m okay. I’m tired, and my brain is a little bit fuzzy, but I’m going to try today. How was your week?”

“Pretty good. What about yours? Other than being sick?” I asked.

“Good,” M responded.

After we finished chatting a bit at the start, M stood to grab her etude book. Through the call, I couldn’t see her at that point but heard her start coughing uncontrollably.

“You okay?” I asked sympathetically when she came back over.

“Excuse me. Yeah, I’m just still a bit sick and have this bad cough,” she replied, her voice hoarse. She cleared her throat again, and we started talking about our etude from the past week.

M also made some pretty punny puns in the lesson, and with one, said in a congested tone from her cold while pumping her fist in the air triumphantly, “Ten points for [M’s name]!”

I laughed and stated, “I swear you make *more* puns when you’re sick.”

“Probably,” she agreed, still congestedly but clearly proud of her pun as well. She coughed again, politely covering it in a loosely clenched fist. “‘Scuse me. Because I can’t think, so I just think puns instead.”

At many times, she dabbed at her nose with her tissue, and a few other times, she blew her nose politely. But at one point, she ended up blowing her nose a little wetly, and it sounded a bit gross. Though she’s comfortable around me, she still blushed a deep red in embarrassment, the tissue still to her nose. She opened her mouth to speak. “I’m so—“ she began. I knew she was going to apologize, so I cut her off.

“It’s okay,” I interrupted. I heard her sigh in relief and continue blowing her nose.

At another point, M was just blowing her nose as quietly as she could while I wrote notes in my notebook, and I looked up at her when I was finished writing shortly after. She had the tissue cupped around her nose in both hands and was still blowing her nose. When she saw me look up, she politely turned to her right (my left) side to continue. She looked back when she was done. “Sorry,” she stated, her tone sounding slightly embarrassed.

“It’s okay, don’t worry,” I responded kindly. “You’re sick. You don’t have to apologize when you have to do that.” To that, she sighed in relief as if she had been nervous I’d find it super gross, unprofessional, or unladylike that she had to blow her nose again. But I understood, and she was clearly relieved that I did. From then on in the lesson, she just blew her nose whenever she needed to and didn’t seem to worry anymore about seeming unprofessional or unladylike. 

She seemed to accept that even though she’s a professional and a role model to me and her other students, she’s still human, and all people have to blow their nose sometimes, especially when they’re sick, which also happens to everyone. Sometimes professionals or role models (such as M) end up acting slightly superhuman, even if they don’t mean to, but then they’re reminded that though they’re talented, they’re still human. When you experience your role model being reminded of that, even if you feel bad for them (or being a part of this forum think, “Wow, I should post this later”), it ends up making them even more inspiring in the end. That’s because it shows you that they overcome these common human problems like illness and continue persevering even when they get sick or are just having a day where they’re just out of it. It shows you even if they seem so talented that it’s unbelievable, they’re still human, and you can still become as good as them, no matter how impossible it seems. Maybe that’s one of reasons why we may have this fetish. It’s truly fascinating.

Anyway, after that very deep thought I felt I should share, let’s continue. M got into several coughing fits during the lesson and was sniffling quite a lot. 

At another point, she held her tissue to her nose, closed her eyes, her narrow nostrils flaring, and took a deep breath, clearly as if she was about to sneeze. However, to my slight disappointment (especially after thinking about posting this observation), after a few seconds, she opened her eyes, politely blew her nose, sniffled, and apologized. 

“It’s okay. Bless you,” I said.

“I didn’t end up sneezing, but thank you,” she responded. We both laughed.

Even though she was literally sick and tired, she and I still had fun. As she said when I said I felt bad for her since it sounded bad with all her coughing, “Today is going to be a good lesson, and it is going to be a good rest of the day.” She also said it’s not as bad as it sounds.

At the end, M turned away from the computer, held her tissue to her mouth, and coughed a few times. “Well, I have to let you go on time today. Have a good week,” she said tiredly and hoarsely shortly after. She started our little outro slowly, trying to get it right. After a bit of it, she paused and looked around in thought, looking slightly dazed, her sick, fuzzy brain clearly not letting her remember the last part. I then clarified it for her. “Ah, yes, that’s right. I’ll see you next week,” she stated, clearly exhausted.

“I hope you feel better,” I replied sympathetically. “I’ll be praying for you.”

“I’ll gladly accept that,” she replied.

“And as I’d say in Spanish class,” I began, “‘Qué tengas un buen día,’ which means, ‘Have a good day.’”

M laughed and replied, “Gracias. Y tú! [That means ‘You too!’ for any non-Spanish-speakers out there] Bye!”

“See ya!” I responded, and she hung up.

I did debate on whether or not to post the first since she didn’t end up actually sneezing, though she did get quite close at that one point. I then decided I would and that I wanted to write an observation mainly based on the rest of the things with her cold, though, and if she ever gets sick again and completely sneezes (though it worked out she did sneeze in the second observation just a week later), I’ll update here. I’ll also update here if she just gets sick and has a similar situation as today.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:55 PM, I love Alan Rickman said:

My cello instructor caught a cold last Wednesday, was in bed for three days, and lost her voice, but she got back to working on Saturday. She was still sick yesterday during our lesson, but despite that, we both still had fun. She is relatively young—in her early twenties—with deep brown eyes, long wavy brown hair, a medium-sized nose with narrow nostrils, and a tall, lean figure. I’d say she’s about 5’8”, but I’ve never seen her in person since we take lessons over Skype. It works surprisingly well! I’ve made two observations with her in the past, but those were regarding her allergies. This was the first time I had a lesson with her when she had a cold. As I’ve called her in my past observations with her, let’s call her M. 

Small disclaimer: There’s no sneezing in this observation, but she did get close. It’s mainly focused on the other parts of her cold. But if you just want to see an observation of her completely ending up sneezing from a cold, I’ll update here whenever than happens.

Anyway!

When I answered her Skype call, I noticed M holding a tissue up to her nose in one hand, which was expected since I knew she had been sick since Wednesday. She’d told me in advance. I greeted her in Spanish and apologized, explaining I have Spanish class now and am practicing.

M laughed, coughed a few times, and responded hoarsely, “That’s okay. Hello, how are you?” She cleared her throat.

“Good, you?” I asked.

She gave a short sigh and said, “I’m okay. I’m tired, and my brain is a little bit fuzzy, but I’m going to try today. How was your week?”

“Pretty good. What about yours? Other than being sick?” I asked.

“Good,” M responded.

After we finished chatting a bit at the start, M stood to grab her etude book. Through the call, I couldn’t see her at that point but heard her start coughing uncontrollably.

“You okay?” I asked sympathetically when she came back over.

“Excuse me. Yeah, I’m just still a bit sick and have this bad cough,” she replied, her voice hoarse. She cleared her throat again, and we started talking about our etude from the past week.

M also made some pretty punny puns in the lesson, and with one, said in a congested tone from her cold while pumping her fist in the air triumphantly, “Ten points for [M’s name]!”

I laughed and stated, “I swear you make *more* puns when you’re sick.”

“Probably,” she agreed, still congestedly but clearly proud of her pun as well. She coughed again, politely covering it in a loosely clenched fist. “‘Scuse me. Because I can’t think, so I just think puns instead.”

At many times, she dabbed at her nose with her tissue, and a few other times, she blew her nose politely. But at one point, she ended up blowing her nose a little wetly, and it sounded a bit gross. Though she’s comfortable around me, she still blushed a deep red in embarrassment, the tissue still to her nose. She opened her mouth to speak. “I’m so—“ she began. I knew she was going to apologize, so I cut her off.

“It’s okay,” I interrupted. I heard her sigh in relief and continue blowing her nose.

At another point, M was just blowing her nose as quietly as she could while I wrote notes in my notebook, and I looked up at her when I was finished writing shortly after. She had the tissue cupped around her nose in both hands and was still blowing her nose. When she saw me look up, she politely turned to her right (my left) side to continue. She looked back when she was done. “Sorry,” she stated, her tone sounding slightly embarrassed.

“It’s okay, don’t worry,” I responded kindly. “You’re sick. You don’t have to apologize when you have to do that.” To that, she sighed in relief as if she had been nervous I’d find it super gross, unprofessional, or unladylike that she had to blow her nose again. But I understood, and she was clearly relieved that I did. From then on in the lesson, she just blew her nose whenever she needed to and didn’t seem to worry anymore about seeming unprofessional or unladylike. 

She seemed to accept that even though she’s a professional and a role model to me and her other students, she’s still human, and all people have to blow their nose sometimes, especially when they’re sick, which also happens to everyone. Sometimes professionals or role models (such as M) end up acting slightly superhuman, even if they don’t mean to, but then they’re reminded that though they’re talented, they’re still human. When you experience your role model being reminded of that, even if you feel bad for them (or being a part of this forum think, “Wow, I should post this later”), it ends up making them even more inspiring in the end. That’s because it shows you that they overcome these common human problems like illness and continue persevering even when they get sick or are just having a day where they’re just out of it. It shows you even if they seem so talented that it’s unbelievable, they’re still human, and you can still become as good as them, no matter how impossible it seems. Maybe that’s one of reasons why we may have this fetish. It’s truly fascinating.

Anyway, after that very deep thought I felt I should share, let’s continue. M got into several coughing fits during the lesson and was sniffling quite a lot. 

At another point, she held her tissue to her nose, closed her eyes, her narrow nostrils flaring, and took a deep breath, clearly as if she was about to sneeze. However, to my slight disappointment (especially after thinking about posting this observation), after a few seconds, she opened her eyes, politely blew her nose, sniffled, and apologized. 

“It’s okay. Bless you,” I said.

“I didn’t end up sneezing, but thank you,” she responded. We both laughed.

Even though she was literally sick and tired, she and I still had fun. As she said when I said I felt bad for her since it sounded bad with all her coughing, “Today is going to be a good lesson, and it is going to be a good rest of the day.” She also said it’s not as bad as it sounds.

At the end, M turned away from the computer, held her tissue to her mouth, and coughed a few times. “Well, I have to let you go on time today. Have a good week,” she said tiredly and hoarsely shortly after. She started our little outro slowly, trying to get it right. After a bit of it, she paused and looked around in thought, looking slightly dazed, her sick, fuzzy brain clearly not letting her remember the last part. I then clarified it for her. “Ah, yes, that’s right. I’ll see you next week,” she stated, clearly exhausted.

“I hope you feel better,” I replied sympathetically. “I’ll be praying for you.”

“I’ll gladly accept that,” she replied.

“And as I’d say in Spanish class,” I began, “‘Qué tengas un buen día,’ which means, ‘Have a good day.’”

M laughed and replied, “Gracias. Y tú! [That means ‘You too!’ for any non-Spanish-speakers out there] Bye!”

“See ya!” I responded, and she hung up.

I did debate on whether or not to post this since she didn’t end up actually sneezing, though she did get quite close at that one point. I then decided I would and that I wanted to write an observation mainly based on the rest of the things with her cold, though, and if she ever gets sick again and completely sneezes, I’ll update here. I’ll also update here if she just gets sick and has a similar situation as today. That is if this isn’t left dead by that point. :lol: What do you all think?

This is absolutely fantastic!! Would love to hear more about her if there is any more. Love the noseblowing! Thanks!

ScoobertDoobert23
On 3/12/2018 at 3:03 PM, rockerer said:

The damn "fall of the mighty" does it again...

@rockerer @ScoobertDoobert23 

M was still a little sick yesterday. It mostly moved out of her sinuses but still was there a little. She mostly was only coughing a lot, however it was still in her sinuses enough that yesterday she actually did end up sneezing, unlike last week.

“What was going on in your cover was that...” I began, talking about her cover of a song that I was planning on singing myself.

As I spoke, M’s expression changed to slowly look progressively sneezier each second. First, her eyebrows furrowed. Next, her eyes closed partly and her nose crinkled. She pinched her narrow nostrils beneath her tissue, watching me through her half-closed eyes. She was clearly trying to fight the sneeze so I could speak. However, after only a few seconds, she couldn’t fight it any longer, and her eyelids fluttered before closing.

Ahs’sshhyew!” M ended up sneezing wetly but delicately and slightly restrained as I spoke. Unlike her usual sneezes, this one didn’t go higher in pitch at the end and in fact went down a little in pitch and volume, if that makes sense. The best way I can describe it is probably like how your voice pitch and volume alters when you finish a sentence compared to when you’re in the middle of one. This sound itself showed she tried to restrain it. She pitched forward a little, still pinching her nose, her eyes closed tightly and her nose crinkled.

“Bless you,” I stated kindly.

“Thanks,” she replied and lifted her head from her tissue. “Sorry, I didn’t want to interrupt.”

“It’s okay,” I responded. “You’re getting over being sick. It’s alright.”

She sniffled a bit after and coughed a lot during the lesson.

“You okay?” I asked after she got in a short coughing fit.

“Yeah, sorry,” she replied.

“It’s okay,” I insisted. “Your body needs you to cough, so just listen to it.” She coughed again.

“Coughing is so obnoxious, though,” M stated. “I hate it when people cough like they don’t have any inhibitions, so I’m trying to not cough, but it’s hard. My chest is tight.”

“It’s okay, really,” I stated. And it really was okay. Coughing is part of my fetish, so I don’t mind my close friends coughing.

She continued to cough many other times throughout the lesson, but she was mostly well once again. We both enjoyed our time together as always.

One other time, I was talking again and explaining some stuff I wanted to do. I could only see M over my stand as she held her tissue to her nose once again. I heard her take a deep breath.

Ahs’shhew!” she sneezed wetly once again and almost immediately began to cough, though it was a short little fit. This sneeze of hers was a little louder and went slightly higher in pitch at the end like her sneezes usually do, which showed it wasn’t as restrained.

“Bless you,” I stated once more.

”Thank you,” she replied with congestion.

Besides her sneezing and coughing, she still did well, and we said goodbye and have a good day at the end.

ScoobertDoobert23
2 hours ago, I love Alan Rickman said:

Ahs’sshhyew!” M ended up sneezing wetly but delicately and slightly restrained as I spoke. Unlike her usual sneezes, this one didn’t go higher in pitch at the end and in fact went down a little in pitch and volume, if that makes sense. The best way I can describe it is probably like how your voice pitch and volume alters when you finish a sentence compared to when you’re in the middle of one. This sound itself showed she tried to restrain it. She pitched forward a little, still pinching her nose, her eyes closed tightly and her nose crinkled

Wow, sounds like it was a sight to see, even if it was over video call.

She puts herself off as such as professional and mighty person, but when she gets sick I guess she loses control.

That's a really good observation, thank you for posting. I hope she is feeling better though!  

6 hours ago, ScoobertDoobert23 said:

Wow, sounds like it was a sight to see, even if it was over video call.

She puts herself off as such as professional and mighty person, but when she gets sick I guess she loses control.

That's a really good observation, thank you for posting. I hope she is feeling better though!  

Yes, she truly does put herself off as very professional and mighty. She does everything she can to be as professional as possible. When she’s sick, though, it catches up to her, and no matter what she does, she can’t control it. She’ll try to restrain her sneezes and coughs, but they almost always overcome her. It is indeed a sight to see whenever it happens. And yes, she is feeling better. Just still the bit of sneezing and a lot of coughing.

• 2 weeks later...

@rockerer So M was a little sick again yesterday, Tuesday, March 27th (I say the date since it’s very late now, and it’s probably Thursday the 29th for a lot of people on here now). She actually said she’s been getting sick a lot since the start of this year, and she’s dedicated to not get sick anymore. Though clearly that didn’t really work very well.

She was sick, but not as much as last time. I’d say it was probably nearing the last day of the cold and that she got it early last week. I asked her at the start of the lesson how she was doing, and she said, “Good. Feeling better.”

She coughed a few times and was quite sniffly. At one point, I was writing down notes, and she was sniffling a lot. She said in a slightly congested tone, “Let me get a tissue real quick.” She then cleared her throat and proceeded to grab a tissue and blow her nose liquidly and quite forcefully off to the side. It seemed she was more comfortable blowing her nose this time than last, despite that she didn’t do it on camera. But she didn’t dare blow her nose forcefully last time. This time, it sounded kind of gross, but not completely terrible. [Note: If you don’t like description of the sound of nose-blowing, skip to the next paragraph, which is marked with an indent and three bold, italicized asterisks in parentheses, which is this: (***)It sounded as if she wasn’t suppressing it as much and was giving in more to get it over with. Although, it sounded gross enough that it sounded like the mucus was fairly thick since she was sick and that she also blew quite a lot of it out. But that’s good. It probably made her feel a bit better and relieved that her nose wasn’t so congested. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if she’d cringed a little bit at it, as I—being okay with close friends blowing their nose—even felt my eye twitch a little in slight disgust at just the sound.

(***)“Okay,” M said quietly as I heard her begin to walk back over. Her breath hitched almost inaudibly.

Hih, ih...huhps’schhih!” I barely heard M as she muffled a quick, relatively wet-sounding sneeze and sniffled after. It sounded different that any other sneeze of hers before, and like the wettest and most restrained sneeze I’ve ever heard from her in a little over a year. Her breath hitched one more time, but she didn’t sneeze a second time. “Okay,” she whispered with a sigh. I finished writing my notes and looked back up just in time to see her sit back down, her narrow nostrils flaring slightly as if she still was recovering from the sneeze, the undersides of her nostrils tinged a slight pink with irritation.

”You good?” I asked her. I was going to bless her, but she sounded like she really tried to fight it that time, so I let it be—acting as if she was successful—in an attempt to not embarrass M since she already seemed embarrassed from blowing her nose so wetly.

”Yes,” she replied, rubbing her nose a little and continuing on. Her tone was slightly congested again from that wet sneeze, her n’s sounding a little more like d’s but then more like g’s with words like “thing” and “think,” though only a bit noticeable, not as much as before. She sniffled again and rubbed her red nose a bit forcefully. She obviously wasn’t dare going to try to blow her nose again with how wet it had been last time. And I felt bad for her, because it seemed she was good after blowing her nose, but then she sneezed wetly, which brought all the congestion back again. But she wasn’t congested at the start of the lesson, so it may have been the developing sneeze that made her congested and wanting to blow her nose in the first place.

She also coughed a few more times and was fairly sniffly throughout the lesson. Only one sneeze this time, but it was enough that I felt it was worth sharing. And since she is getting sick quite often this year (which I and her are not really sure why this is the case, but we think it may be with all the stuff going on since she’s been busier than normal, and she usually super busy anyway), I may be updating again at some point soon.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:53 PM, I love Alan Rickman said:

@rockerer So M was a little sick again yesterday, Tuesday, March 27th (I say the date since it’s very late now, and it’s probably Thursday the 29th for a lot of people on here now). She actually said she’s been getting sick a lot since the start of this year, and she’s dedicated to not get sick anymore. Though clearly that didn’t really work very well.

She was sick, but not as much as last time. I’d say it was probably nearing the last day of the cold and that she got it early last week. I asked her at the start of the lesson how she was doing, and she said, “Good. Feeling better.”

She coughed a few times and was quite sniffly. At one point, I was writing down notes, and she was sniffling a lot. She said in a slightly congested tone, “Let me get a tissue real quick.” She then cleared her throat and proceeded to grab a tissue and blow her nose liquidly and quite forcefully off to the side. It seemed she was more comfortable blowing her nose this time than last, despite that she didn’t do it on camera. But she didn’t dare blow her nose forcefully last time. This time, it sounded kind of gross, but not completely terrible. [Note: If you don’t like description of the sound of nose-blowing, skip to the next paragraph, which is marked with an indent and three bold, italicized asterisks in parentheses, which is this: (***)It sounded as if she wasn’t suppressing it as much and was giving in more to get it over with. Although, it sounded gross enough that it sounded like the mucus was fairly thick since she was sick and that she also blew quite a lot of it out. But that’s good. It probably made her feel a bit better and relieved that her nose wasn’t so congested. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if she’d cringed a little bit at it, as I—being okay with close friends blowing their nose—even felt my eye twitch a little in slight disgust at just the sound.

(***)“Okay,” M said quietly as I heard her begin to walk back over. Her breath hitched almost inaudibly.

Hih, ih...huhps’schhih!” I barely heard M as she muffled a quick, relatively wet-sounding sneeze and sniffled after. It sounded different that any other sneeze of hers before, and like the wettest and most restrained sneeze I’ve ever heard from her in a little over a year. Her breath hitched one more time, but she didn’t sneeze a second time. “Okay,” she whispered with a sigh. I finished writing my notes and looked back up just in time to see her sit back down, her narrow nostrils flaring slightly as if she still was recovering from the sneeze, the undersides of her nostrils tinged a slight pink with irritation.

”You good?” I asked her. I was going to bless her, but she sounded like she really tried to fight it that time, so I let it be—acting as if she was successful—in an attempt to not embarrass M since she already seemed embarrassed from blowing her nose so wetly.

”Yes,” she replied, rubbing her nose a little and continuing on. Her tone was slightly congested again from that wet sneeze, her n’s sounding a little more like d’s but then more like g’s with words like “thing” and “think,” though only a bit noticeable, not as much as before. She sniffled again and rubbed her red nose a bit forcefully. She obviously wasn’t dare going to try to blow her nose again with how wet it had been last time. And I felt bad for her, because it seemed she was good after blowing her nose, but then she sneezed wetly, which brought all the congestion back again. But she wasn’t congested at the start of the lesson, so it may have been the developing sneeze that made her congested and wanting to blow her nose in the first place.

She also coughed a few more times and was fairly sniffly throughout the lesson. Only one sneeze this time, but it was enough that I felt it was worth sharing. And since she is getting sick quite often this year (which I and her are not really sure why this is the case, but we think it may be with all the stuff going on since she’s been busier than normal, and she usually super busy anyway), I may be updating again at some point soon.

Thank you for updating us on this story!! I feel bad for her being sick, however the obs are pretty great! Thanks and keep us in the loop!

9 hours ago, rockerer said:

Thank you for updating us on this story!! I feel bad for her being sick, however the obs are pretty great! Thanks and keep us in the loop!

Same, though I enjoy observing every time she’s sniffly, sneezy, or blowing her nose or coughing a lot in the lesson, I still always wish I could fly out to her to comfort her in person and be her tissue supplier whenever she needs it. I especially feel bad for her when she’s sick since she and I have developed a best friend relationship instead of just a teacher/student relationship in the past a little over a year. It feels like we’ve known each other forever since we just click together.

I look forward to being able to write more obs for you in the future, though I also just wish I could comfort her, too!! Maybe when I go down to her state later in life (and maybe also soon for a special occasion!) and am taking lessons with her in person, I will be able to. We’ll see. 

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:08 AM, I love Alan Rickman said:

Same, though I enjoy observing every time she’s sniffly, sneezy, or blowing her nose or coughing a lot in the lesson, I still always wish I could fly out to her to comfort her in person and be her tissue supplier whenever she needs it. I especially feel bad for her when she’s sick since she and I have developed a best friend relationship instead of just a teacher/student relationship in the past a little over a year. It feels like we’ve known each other forever since we just click together.

I look forward to being able to write more obs for you in the future, though I also just wish I could comfort her, too!! Maybe when I go down to her state later in life (and maybe also soon for a special occasion!) and am taking lessons with her in person, I will be able to. We’ll see. 

yes, that would be awesome :). I especially enjoyed her wet/productive nose blowing! Great obs overall, thanks for keeping us posted!

5 hours ago, rockerer said:

yes, that would be awesome :). I especially enjoyed her wet/productive nose blowing! Great obs overall, thanks for keeping us posted!

Yeah, let’s just hope when I’m taking lessons with her in person, she doesn’t cancel when she gets a cold in fear of getting me sick. I’d love to be there when she’s sneezy and sniffly to comfort her in real life, even if I caught it. Also, I just knew I had to post that observation when she blew her nose productively like that (even before she sneezed shortly after), because I remembered you liked the nose-blowing part of the first one. I’ll for sure continue to keep y’all posted. We’ll see how she feels this Tuesday, if she’s observation-worthy again or not.

• 3 months later...

@rockerer Oh my God, I’m so sorry. I wrote out observations for you a while ago but I never published them! 😬 I just rediscovered them today when going through my notes edited them a little to sound a bit better. Here they are.

04/17/2018

M was sick again today, and sure enough she’s getting sick a lot. She coughed at the very beginning of the lesson and also told me the weather wasn’t really helping her case, because it was so dry and dusty. In fact, they had recently gotten a full out dust storm. She said they usually get those in the spring, but this time it was terrible and didn’t really help since she was already sick and that was making it harder to breathe with it. 

We shared some good laughs, despite her being slightly miserable, congested and coughing quite a lot.

At one point, I had to go grab something I had forgotten and thus away from the camera. Almost immediately after I left, I heard her pull out a tissue and blow her nose forcefully. It sounded mostly dry from how dry the weather was there. I was grabbing what I’d forgotten just a room away, and I heard her breath hitch as I came back.

I sat down. Despite her dry nose blowing, she ended up sneezing relatively wetly to the side into a tissue, but it did sound drier than usual, “Akhs’sheww!” is probably the best way I can spell it. I saw her wipe her nose with her tissue and look back, and her cheeks blushed slightly when she noticed I was back.

”Bless you,” I stated.

“Thank you,” she said quietly.

She was fairly congested for the rest of the lesson and continued coughing quite a bit. I sometimes record some of our lessons (with her consent) and wasn’t recording that one since I hadn’t asked her if I could, but somehow that discussion came up. I don’t remember how, but I do remember she said congestedly, “Great, are you recording me blowing my nose?”

We both laughed, and I stated honestly, “No. I didn’t ask and get consent to record today.” She laughed some more.

”Okay, good,” she responded. “Because that was gross.”

”It’s okay!” I insisted. “It doesn’t matter if it’s gross, you’re sick, it’s not your fault.”

”You’re a good sport,” M stated with a smile and coughed. “This is why I like teaching you.”

”Aw, thanks,” I replied. 

And then we said goodbye at the end.

04/24/2018

M was doing quite better today, though she was still quite sneezy. Her breath did hitch a few times throughout as well. She was still coughing a little bit (but not very much) and clearing her throat. It seemed it was mainly just left in her nose and sinuses, and she still sounded a little sick. 

When I was writing some notes near the end of the lesson, I said, “I wish I were a faster writer.”

M chuckled. “You’re good,” she stated, “I’m gonna go get a tissue real quick.” She walked off camera, and I heard her grab a tissue and blow her nose wetly, though a little softer than she has before. However, that obviously didn’t do the job, because I heard her take a deep breath and blow her nose more forcefully, and this one sounded much more productive. Then, she sniffled. I glanced up and saw her sit back down, then I looked back at my notebook and continued writing. That was until I heard her breath hitch softly once, then a pause.

I looked back up when I heard a more desperate hitch. M was pinching her nose with her index finger and thumb of her right hand, and her eyes struggled to stay open. She blushed when she saw me watching her. “Scuse me,” she said quickly, reached to grab a tissue from off-camera with her left hand and quickly let go of her nose, turning her right hand and placing it to her nose in a loose fist as her eyes closed. “Ts’sheww!” She sneezed daintily, pitching forward into her fist, her long hair falling in her face. She looked back up, just to be thrown forward again. “Hih, ahs’shyeww! Snf!” The second sneeze was more forceful and preceded a miserable sniffle. She then sighed and dabbed her nose with the tissue she finally succeeded in retrieving. “I-I’m sorry, I thought it could wait until after,” she stated quickly, but in a few seconds, she paused and gave a half-smile as if she recognized she knew I was going to say it was fine.

”It’s okay,” I assured her. “Bless you.”

”Thank you,” she replied.

After that, she was a bit sniffly for the rest of the lesson (which wasn’t much longer, just a few more minutes), but even though she’d sneezed twice, she was less sniffly than when she’d sneezed just once before, likely because she had originally been holding it in but finally got it out.

05/08/2018

M seemed sick again today, though I’m not completely sure. But she’s never been this out of it even with her allergies, which usually make her tired. Maybe she was getting sick. At the beginning of the lesson, she said congestedly, “Ummm, okay, so—uh—real quick, before we—“ she shook her head to try to arrange her thoughts and said quickly, “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. My brain is scattered. I’m trying to come up with an actual sentence.” She laughed and then finally formed the sentence saying to wanted to make sure that there wasn’t anything else we had to work on for a concert coming up and that I was sure we didn’t need to look over anything else.

A bit later, I sent her a picture of a trouble spot in my music, and she said, “So, what part of this picture—er, um—“ she shook her head again to rearrange her thoughts once more, “should I be looking at?” 

“You need to make sure you’re actually starting on G,” she stated one point. “I mean,” she looked down with a chuckle and looked back up, “I mean B!”

”There’s a slight echo by the way,” I stated.

”This is what?” 

“There’s a slight echo by the way,” I repeated. M looked confused. “Oh, wait, it’s gone now,” I continued.

”Oh, echo,” she responded tiredly. “Echo. Okay.”

She was also clearing her throat, yawning quite a lot, and sniffling a bit. Her breath hitched a few times as well, but she didn’t sneeze. 

Okay, I promise you I will try my best to actually update any time she gets sick or seems to be getting sick from now on. I hope you like these observations and they somewhat make up for my lack of updating when they happened. :lol: 

I did like these observations. I don't know if it's true or just purely coincidence, but it seems like she's getting better at holding back her sneezes, or maybe she's losing them more often. 

@I love Alan Rickman

I appreciate the updates on the obs! You are very detailed too which makes it all the more enjoyable. Thanks and hopefully we got some more soon :)

14 hours ago, ThePokeFan599 said:

I did like these observations. I don't know if it's true or just purely coincidence, but it seems like she's getting better at holding back her sneezes, or maybe she's losing them more often. 

Thank you! She’s not a very sneezy person outside of her colds or allergies, but she does seem to have a pretty sensitive nose in general, it seems, just not enough to make her sneezy. Even if she’s not having allergy issues, her nose does twitch a bit, and she has to rub it and sniffle occasionally. But she doesn’t actually sneeze unless she has allergy issues or a cold. Odd, I know. So I’m guessing if a cold isn’t severe enough, she won’t sneeze. And she is generally less sneezy with colds than when she has allergy days every once in a while, so it makes sense. We’ll have to see next time she gets a cold, though.

Honestly though, it is a possibility that she really has gotten better at stopping her sneezes...I hope not, though, because I want to hear her sneeze more.

@rockerer Thank you! I like making my observations more detailed, too, because it makes them easier for me to envision the scene at a later date when I may have forgotten some details! I’m glad it’s working out like I’ve been trying to get it to! :) 

• 1 month later...

@ThePokeFan599 @rockerer No sneezing today (only sneezing we got recently was from her allergies a while ago), but there was some discussion about her cold and some nose blowing.

I wanted to work with M today on singing and playing simultaneously, so she had told me in advance that she had a cold recently, so she could still barely sing.

In the lesson, M was congested, coughing a bit, and having some trouble thinking. In fact, at one point, she was struggling so much with thinking that she held her head in her hands, thinking for about twenty seconds until she finally got what she was going to say. I heard a few sniffles here and there, too, though these things were not as good as near the end.

Near the end, I had moved in front of the computer to check my email for something M sent me a while ago, and she stated, “I’m gonna blow my nose while you’re doing that. Hold on. I’ll be right back.” I watched her in the little Skype in the top right corner of the screen as she stood and walked off to the door in the background. She went through and closed it halfway, and I continued looking for the email. I heard her start to blow her nose. It sounded fairly loud even though she was probably around twenty feet away from her computer. It sounded strong and productive as if she had totally stopped trying to make it sound delicate. She paused and then blew her nose a second time with what sounded like a bit more force. When she finished, I had also found the email I was looking for. Or maybe I had found it before but was just distracted by her nose blowing that I didn’t notice until after. Oh, that’s not an option at all, right? :lol: 

”Oh, there it is!” I said.

“You found it?” I heard her muffled voice in the distance say as if she was still holding the tissue to her nose. I said yes. “Yay! Good.” Then she came back, and I could see her holding a roll of tissue paper in her left hand. She placed it in front of her when she sat back down. 

“Are you still sick?” I asked when she sat down. “You said you had a cold.”

“Um,” M stated with congestion and cleared her throat, “I don’t know. I-I don’t know if it’s really bad allergies or something. But yeah, I don’t feel super great right now.” She paused and looked to the side in thought for a second. At this point, I noticed almost her entire medium-sized nose was quite red with irritation, too. From around the middle of the bridge down to her nostrils, which seemed to flare slightly. “No, actually, I don’t think they’ve been like this before. I do definitely believe it’s still my cold.”

”Aw, well feel better,” I stated sympathetically. “And neti pots are magic, remember that.”

”Thanks,” she replied, rubbed her red nose with the back of her wrist, and sniffled softly. “And yeah, I use mine all the time. It’s weird but works really well. Obviously, I think I’m due for another use, though.” We both laughed.

Then we finished up the lesson.

Wow that long distance nose blowing you can still hear is just as good as hearing it close up! Did it sound honking or very wet type of loud?

On 9/28/2018 at 9:19 AM, luvsfemalehonks said:

Wow that long distance nose blowing you can still hear is just as good as hearing it close up! Did it sound honking or very wet type of loud?

I know, right? I was surprised it was still audible from that far. Must’ve been quite loud if I could still hear it so clearly there.

It was very wet and productive-sounding (and like she stopped trying to make it sound quiet, dainty, delicate, or feminine as she had in the past) along with some congested honking but had a bit stronger of that congested honk between productiveness (if that makes sense) for the second, stronger blow.

• 1 month later...

M did a livestream today talking about her new EP. It was at an awkward time, so I couldn’t tune in live, but she did save it. She said near the start that she didn’t sleep much recently and got sick on Saturday. She sounded a little congested and was sniffling throughout the short 12 minute livestream.

About a minute before the end, she sniffled and then talked a little bit about the process of releasing an EP and that she wasn’t going to record the final part because it takes a long time. She took a deep breath in the middle of her sentence and gave a thumbs up saying to make sure the tracks are all good.

She sniffled again and stated, “And that’s...all you have to do.” She sniffled again and said quickly, “Aw, I have to sneeze.” She quickly waved her right hand in front of her face. “Ahh! Oh, and then you get to choose which stores it goes into.” Then she seemed to rush to finish up the livestream as if she didn’t want to sneeze on camera. So no sneeze in the livestream. Just missed it. :( But I have a lesson shortly. Since she almost sneezed in just that short period of time, it’s kind of promising that she will sneeze in the hour lesson today! Fingers crossed!

@ThePokeFan599 @rockerer @luvsfemalehonks @MzMental So we have an ob from earlier today which I forgot to tag you all in, but this is a continuation from after the lesson. I was busy and just got able to finish writing it. I was a bit disappointed, because I thought if she was about to sneeze at the end of the short 12 minute livestream (oh how I wish she didn’t rush!!! C’mon M!) that she would be pretty sneezy in the hour lesson. Only one sneeze, but hey! Better than nothing.

M was nice and bundled up as she was in the livestream with her hair down and wavy, a sweater, and a long fashionable scarf. It was cold in the house, the heater wasn’t working so well, and she also had a cold, so that obviously didn’t help her situation. She was clearly tired, because she was yawning quite a lot, but she wasn’t really having much trouble with thinking. She was sniffling frequently, too and sounded quite congested. 

At one point, I was observing my music, trying to follow along with what she was saying. She stopped talking and took a deep breath. “Hihp’sschhyew!” She sneezed wetly. I looked up. She had her hand in a cupped against her nose as if she had tried to stop it.

”Bless you,” I stated kindly. She sniffled softly and thanked me before continuing what she was saying. She was very sniffly throughout the rest of the lesson, yet sadly no more sneezing.

Great ob from our favorite music teacher. I'm sure she had more sneezes during the day, and was able to sneeze more freely. Can't wait for the next one. 

6 hours ago, ThePokeFan599 said:

Great ob from our favorite music teacher. I'm sure she had more sneezes during the day, and was able to sneeze more freely. Can't wait for the next one. 

She sure is the best music teacher even in general! And I’m sure she did, too. I also can’t wait! I only wish she would be less self-conscious. :( There have been several times where she was sick and would look to be about to sneeze but then she stopped it and acted like nothing happened. And when she does sneeze, she usually seems pretty embarrassed, poor M. She is comfortable around me as not just my teacher, but also my friend, yet she is still relatively shy/embarrassed when it comes to her sneezing. More even than with blowing her nose, it seems. I wish I could tell her in some “normal” way that I’m not gonna judge her if she has to sneeze...

Maybe next time when she is about to sneeze or does, if she says “Sorry” like she sometimes does or seems embarrassed, I can say, “It’s okay. Bless you.” But maybe it’ll just come with time that she’s less embarrassed about it. Let’s hope so. Because I want her to sneeze more, and if she keeps up with trying to stop them, she may be able to completely overcome them :( 

7 hours ago, I love Alan Rickman said:

There have been several times where she was sick and would look to be about to sneeze but then she stopped it and acted like nothing happened. And when she does sneeze, she usually seems pretty embarrassed, poor M. She is comfortable around me as not just my teacher, but also my friend, yet she is still relatively shy/embarrassed when it comes to her sneezing. More even than with blowing her nose, it seems. I wish I could tell her in some “normal” way that I’m not gonna judge her if she has to sneeze...

Maybe next time when she is about to sneeze or does, if she says “Sorry” like she sometimes does or seems embarrassed, I can say, “It’s okay. Bless you.” But maybe it’ll just come with time that she’s less embarrassed about it. Let’s hope so. Because I want her to sneeze more, and if she keeps up with trying to stop them, she may be able to completely overcome them :( 

That idea could work. I think of 2 other ways to introduce it.

1. Connect with her that you sneeze quite often during colds too, and if you're not self conscious about your cold sneezes, that she shouldn't be either. She should know that you don't mind if she sneezes. She may think it's a weakness, or unprofessional to sneeze during a lesson. 

2. Introduce a story about allergies, or an embarrassing sneeze moment. Though it never happened to me, I always feared sneezing in the middle of a band concert, or worse, during a standing solo. I played 2nd chair trumpet back in high school. She may have a great story about that, or possibly a similar fear that she's willing to share.

Her knowing that you're ok with her in timely sneezes may allow her to be more outgoing, and you can do it without admitting the fetish. M is just as lucky to have you as a student as you are to have her as a teacher. 

Archived