Sneeze Fetish Forum

What could have been your name?

Reader

And are you happy with your name?Ā 

I love my actual name!

I was almost called Mary after a relativeĀ šŸ™ƒ and also Camille which I like.Ā 

I love my actual name too. I remember being shown a list of names a while back, including David, Jeff, and Sean.Ā 

Growing up, I difnā€™t like my name, Denise.Ā My mom wanted to name me ā€œStacy,ā€ and my dad said no because he didnā€™t like how it sounded with our last name. Now that I amĀ older, Ā I definitely appreciate my name a lot more. Mostly because it isnā€™t a real common name. ā˜ŗļø

I was almost named Jane. Apparently, my mom had a hard time deciding between that and my given name.Ā 

And yes, I like my name. ;)

I was almost called Victoria, which I do like, but I'm not a terrible fan of Vicky. I'm glad my parents went with the name I was given, even if it is pretty common for people my age and younger.Ā 

If I was a boy, I would have been called Josh, which I like xD. My parents were fans if traditional names.Ā 

My dad wanted to call me Hailey, which is a lot less unique than my actual name so Iā€™m glad I have the name that I do. xD

If I had ended up being a boy, I wouldā€™ve been named either Jett (which I loooove!) or Griffin. :)

I'm okay with my name. It's not great, but... it's a name, and we need to have a name. :rolleyes: The nickname (which is what I've finally managed to make everyone call me) is better than the full name. There wasn't much of a debate about my name because both my mom and I nearly died, so dad felt he had to go along with whatever she wanted, but if that hadn't been the case, I might have been an Annie, Therese, Gunilla, or Elin, because that was the names of my dad's old girlfriends.Ā  :rofl:Ā 

Had I been born a boy, I would have been an Adrian or Jens. ^_^Ā 

Ā 

5 hours ago, Sneesee said:

my dad said no because he didnā€™t like how it sounded with our last name.

.....and because he didnā€™t want people singing ā€œStacyā€™s mom has got it going on!ā€ Iā€™m sorry it popped in my head.Ā Ā šŸ˜‚

Ā 

1 hour ago, Chanel_no5 said:

I might have been an Annie, Therese, Gunilla, or Elin, because that was the names of my dad's old girlfriends.Ā  :rofl:Ā 

I cracked up. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ You win the internetĀ today!Ā 

I was going to be named Alea (ironically the name of my irl best friend) but then an elderly woman my mother took care of passed away so she named me Mercedes in honor of her instead.

beijoseternura

If I were a boy - I never asked my mother - but I think she chose two first names for me. Most likely a classic Italian or Portuguese first name such as Federico, Luis or Pedro. But I'm happy with the choice she has made for me.

3 hours ago, Reader said:

.....and because he didnā€™t want people singing ā€œStacyā€™s mom has got it going on!ā€ Iā€™m sorry it popped in my head.Ā Ā šŸ˜‚

šŸ˜‚ Well I was born WAY before that song came out. And interestingly enough, I named one of my kids Stacy (because I always liked the name), and she got teased in middle school by boys asking if her mom had it goinā€™ on. šŸ˜‚

Also, my mom was hoping for a boy, and she had Brian Patrick already picked out for me. Only I ended up being a girl. Lol

MyĀ parents called me ā€œSue.ā€ They also considered the name ā€œIone.ā€ #neverletasianparentsdecideyourname

I do like my real name though.

6 hours ago, SneezyHolmes said:

I was going to be named Alea (ironically the name of my irl best friend) but then an elderly woman my mother took care of passed away so she named me Mercedes in honor of her instead.

Ā Lol, my middle name is "Mercedes".

Ā My first name is Eva, but my dad wanted to call me "Libertad" (Freedom in spanish) or Mabel, but I ended up being Eva and I like my name. But my middle name is really... outdated.

I'm not a huge fan of myĀ name, but I was almost called "Stella", which I actually prefer. My parents were calling me that up until I was actually born! :lol: They chose it because it means "star" in Italian, but most people I've mentioned it to think of the beer, so maybe it's a good thing I wasn't called it after all, LOL.

My mum had a lot of other Italian names that she wanted to give me (because of her mum being Italian), but my dad put his foot down. They included Ursula, Valentina, and Angelina, so I'm kind of glad he did.

They also considered Sean,Ā Ronald,Ā and at one pointĀ BeethovenĀ (yeah I don't know either), and I'm glad that noneĀ of those were needed, tbh. :laugh:

Aw, I kind of love Valentina. It's so dramatic, but it's really pleasing to the ear and eye, to me.

My parents wanted to name me Michelle, but a cousin of my mom's got to it first and named her daughter that two months before I was born. I think Michelle is boring and dated to the 80s in a way that my given name wasn't.Ā 

I don't go by my birth name, anyway. I'm changing the whole thing, first middle and last, legally as soon as I'm in a position to do so (I need to get divorced and get money first). I feel much more like myself with my new name (and it's not Junia anymore :lol:Ā ).Ā 

My parents thought about Stephanie or Jenny. Stephanie was dismissed because of a reason that is somewhat similar to what Jejune just said. There were already two Stephanies in our street when I was born (and we're talking about maybe twenty houses or so at the time, so the Stephanie-count would have been quite high for that small number of families ^^). I don't really know what happened to Jenny, but I am glad they did not go for it. I knew a Jenny IRL and people always assumed that she was actually called Jennifer, which was very problematic when she applied for jobs (an HR guy once asked her why she did use a nickname on her CV).Ā 

The name I was given in the end was not super common at the time of my birth, but it is also not extremely exotic. It has a kind of timeless charme to it and I am very glad my parents decided on that particular name.

Ā 

I hate my name. I would have much preferred the other name my parents considered (Barbara), even Ā though I donā€™t think it would have fit me very well. (My parents also considered Bethā€”they wanted a name that started with B, to honor a deceased relativeā€”but my dad said that ā€œBeth [our last name] sounded like a synagogue.) Also, myĀ parents were originally going to name me Benjamin, but then I turned out to be a girl (well, they thought!), and they hadnā€™t picked a girl-name, so they needed one. My dad decided to be cuteĀ and suggest ā€œthe name was born with: Baby Girl [our last name]!ā€ My mother, who had just undergone major surgery, didnā€™t think it was funny.

I think my name was one of the most popular for my birth year. Which I don't mind! It's kind of cool because so many people I meet also have the name haha. It could have been Sophia, which I think is also really pretty, but I'm nothing like any of the Sophias I know and a lot like the people I know who have my name, so I'm inclined to think my name works better for me. I might be biased because it's stuck with me for so long.Ā 

If I were to have a middle name in English, it would have been Grace. That's by far the most common middle name I've heardā€”I could probably list five people I know with that name, and I don't know too many people's English middle names.Ā :lol:Ā So I'm pretty happy with my own.Ā 

I was destined to be a "Tina"...up until the point my cousin-on my dad's side was born ever so slightly first and stole the hell out of the name.Ā  Apparently my mom had the name picked out for years and it was a very sore point for her!Ā  I never really lost any sleep over it myself.Ā  :laugh:Ā  I don't think I'd make a very good Tina.Ā  The name I go by now suits me down to the ground, though I've had a lifelong obsession with multi-syllable "feminine" names that could be shortened to a more "boyish" sounding name.Ā  My dream from a young age was to be aĀ  Samantha who went by Sam.Ā  I still quite like that, actually!Ā  I also toyed with Jo, Lee, Toni, and Ash.Ā  But I still love "Sam" and I think I could pull that off...if only I didn't have a ton of acting history under my current name!Ā 

On 6/2/2018 at 1:20 PM, EvaBloom said:

But my middle name is really... outdated.

Same here! Shoutout to really old Italian names in the family that are hardly used anymore xD.Ā 

I'm okay with my name, but my Dad really preferred Daphne for some reason (I'm so glad that's not my name, apologies to any Daphnes here, it's just not my cup of tea).

I honestly prefer my middle name over my first name, but Iā€™ve gone by my first name for so long that I wouldnā€™t consider changing it or going by something else.Ā The only reason why I donā€™t like it is because itā€™s so dang common.Ā 

Nearly everybody over the age of 30 that Iā€™ve met always compliments my name and says ā€œI wish I had a daughter, so I could name her that!ā€ ... I just donā€™t get it.Ā 

But if I was a boy my name wasĀ going to be Carter. Some other girl names my parents were thinking of were Emily and Grace, so I guess I wouldā€™ve been stuck with a super common name any which way. I mean, I like my current name more thanĀ Emily and Grace, so I guess I shouldnā€™t complain

I was almost Amelia... I like the name in other languages but I wouldn't want that to be my name in America. If I was a boy I would have been Charles / Charlie.

If I'd been a boy, I'd have been Michael. I'd love to say it was the name of my dad's former boyfriend, but my life just isn't that exciting.

If I'd been AMAB, I'd be called Bart. (It's funny because as far as I know, my parents never watched The Simpsons.)

I used to hate my first name, but I'm okay with it now.

Archived