Sneeze Fetish Forum

What could have been your name?

Reader

Perhaps surprisingly, this is not something I have ever asked......until today.

The answer surprised me even more! My mum said that she was toying with the idea of Vanessa, which I doubt I would have guessed, even if she had let me have 100 tries.

Anyway, in honour of that, I have changed my username for a short period.

:joal:

PS - I was secretly hoping she was going to say Joan! :P

1 hour ago, Vanessa 555 said:

The answer surprised me even more! My mum said that she was toying with the idea of Vanessa, which I doubt I would have guessed, even if she had let me have 100 tries.

Vanessa is SUCH a beautiful name, I love it!! I mean, not that Joal is bad... :P 

4 hours ago, Vanessa 555 said:

Anyway, in honour of that, I have changed my username for a short period

I just saw you name in the user list and was wondering who that person was :lmfao:

Vanessa is a great name, though. All the Vanessas I've met IRL were very nice, calm and intelligent people, so I guess it would have been fitting as well :)

My parents were toying between a common Indian name or an uncommon Indian name. I was almost about to be named Shivani.

I feel like all parents always put a lot of thought into naming their kids and have all the options thought out before anyone's even pregnant yet. As far as I know my parents kind of just picked some name that fit their criteria (starts with an m, can't easily be turned into an insult) and they never bothered to figure out the "other option". Or any other names they might have given me.

And no, I wasn't happy with my birthname for two reasons: 1) To me it has a strong connection to myself as a person and there's not a lot about me that I'd like to be reminded of, and (more importantly, maybe) 2) I'm trans and I hated having a name associated with a wrong gender.

I'm well into my 30s now and I'm just starting to appreciate my name. My middle name, (Joy) I'll never like.

As far as I know, I was going to be called Arianna but my mom was sure it would never be pronounced as Italian-like as she wanted it to be (Ahh-re-ahh-nuh).  She also considered Stacey.

I was almost called Victoria (and would have probably been named Arthur if I'd been assigned male at birth). Both names I like a lot more than my actual birthname! :lol:

I already answered this topic, but this question (and @Vanessa 555's post  :lol:)  made me wonder what I would have been named if I were born a boy, because I've never thought to ask that before. So I asked my mom today, and she said that if I'd been a boy, I would have been named Danny. Huh. You learn something new every day :D

13 hours ago, Joal 555 said:

@gingerdean

My time as Vanessa has reached an end, but perhaps you should have a week as gingerdanny? :awesum:

:joal:

Hmm...perhaps I should!  

Done :thumbsup:

My mom wanted to name me Sally, 100% inspired by the Charlie Brown character. My dad was not on board. And if I were born male I would've been named Ryan! 

• 3 weeks later...

If I had been a boy, I would have been named Neil... no offense meant to any Neils out there, but I'm glad I wasn't a boy!

• 3 weeks later...

My dad wanted to name me Lorraine, which I used to dislike but now I think it’s not a terrible name - at least it’s not too common! Unfortunately I ended up with the most generic and common name ever. And if I was a boy, I would’ve been named Joshua 😆

Archived