Sneeze Fetish Forum

Horror movies

Heathcliff

Trick r treat is my favourite but I also like get out Blair witch Friday the 13 Halloween Halloween 2 Halloween 3 krampus attack the block

a queit place searching don't breath it follows

17 hours ago, forestdaze said:

Trying not to repeat anything so far but no promises.  To be continued...

The Exorcist
Carrie
Rosemary's Baby
Insidious
It Follows
The Shining
Silence of the Lambs
IT (original is my preference)
Amytiville Horror
Beyond the Black Rainbow- weird surreal beautiful Kubricky sci-fi horror
The Omen (1976)
An American Werewolf in London
Psycho
V/H/S/2 
The Visit
Hellraiser
28 Days Later
Goodnight Mommy
The Blair Witch Project
Poltergeist
Dead Silence
The Grudge
Orphan

If you need a break, watch Shaun of the Dead!

Tons of good stuff there. I love 28 Days Later, Psycho, Poltergeist, The Blair Witch Project and An American Werewolf in London which is probably the best werewolf movie ever made. 

12 hours ago, beijoseternura said:

There is also one short movie which is called *Survivor Type* and is based on the same named short story written by Stephen King. Gideon Emmery plays the main character but you can't buy it on DVD.. It is just terrifying..

And I am sorry I forgot to add.

*The Woman In Black* with Daniel Radcliffe.. He plays also the main character - a young lawyer who tries to reveal a hidden secret.

As Daniel is my favorite actor for over 17 years now.. I wanted to add this movie too

I really enjoyed The Woman in Black. I've not seen it since it was out in theaters, but it was cool and atmospheric and Radcliffe did a pretty solid job in the lead role. He's great in another horror film: Horns. 

2 hours ago, SAWlene said:

I really love the movie "The Skeleton Key". It is not as straightforward horror as some of the things listed in this thread (maybe more in the vein of "The Woman in Black").

Overall, I prefer psychological horror movies over the ones which show a lot of gore and brutality.

The first SAW movie is pretty good as well! The following movies had some good elements, but they were verging on the "show brutality for brutality's sake" side - which is exactly the opposite of what I loved about the first movie. SAW I has some brutal scenes, but most of the horror and suspense comes from the psychological aspect of the movie and how it plays with what the viewers don't know or what the characters suspect.

The same is true for "The Blair Witch Project".

And "Shaun of the Dead" is amazing ^_^ (although "Hot Fuzz" will always be my favourite out of the Cornetto-Trilogy)

I watched "The Skeleton Key" a little while ago after putting it off for many years. I was surprised at how much I liked it and rather dug the ending! I agree, the first Saw movie was damn good. I love all of the Cornetto movies, and yeah, "Hot Fuzz" seems to have the best of both worlds, but they're all amazing. 

3 minutes ago, Travel said:

Tons of good stuff there. I love 28 Days Later, Psycho, Poltergeist, The Blair Witch Project and An American Werewolf in London which is probably the best werewolf movie ever made. 

I really enjoyed The Woman in Black. I've not seen it since it was out in theaters, but it was cool and atmospheric and Radcliffe did a pretty solid job in the lead role. He's great in another horror film: Horns. 

I watched "The Skeleton Key" a little while ago after putting it off for many years. I was surprised at how much I liked it and rather dug the ending! I agree, the first Saw movie was damn good. I love all of the Cornetto movies, and yeah, "Hot Fuzz" seems to have the best of both worlds, but they're all amazing. 

Best werewolf movie ever although Im not sure it beats the werewolves vs. vampires scene in What We Do in the Shadows...

2 hours ago, SAWlene said:

I really love the movie "The Skeleton Key". It is not as straightforward horror as some of the things listed in this thread (maybe more in the vein of "The Woman in Black").

Overall, I prefer psychological horror movies over the ones which show a lot of gore and brutality.

The first SAW movie is pretty good as well! The following movies had some good elements, but they were verging on the "show brutality for brutality's sake" side - which is exactly the opposite of what I loved about the first movie. SAW I has some brutal scenes, but most of the horror and suspense comes from the psychological aspect of the movie and how it plays with what the viewers don't know or what the characters suspect.

The same is true for "The Blair Witch Project".

And "Shaun of the Dead" is amazing ^_^ (although "Hot Fuzz" will always be my favourite out of the Cornetto-Trilogy)

definitely like Hot Fuzz more but Shaun of the Dead seemed more topic adjacent. 🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️☠️

1 minute ago, forestdaze said:

Best werewolf movie ever although Im not sure it beats the werewolves vs. vampires scene in What We Do in the Shadows...

Good point. Now that's something I'm gonna be thinking about. 

Oh man, I ADORE horror films! I just watched 'The Autopsy of Jane Doe' and it was amazing! The execution of the plot was a little lacking but overall the idea was cool. It does have gore/blood though so be warned! Also gonna preface this with that I didn't read any of the other comments so if these repeat, my apologies!

Let me just drop some of my favorite horror movies right here. Most of which can be found on Netflix or Putlocker:

- The V/H/S series (They're pretty good! Done in the found footage style, they all consist of multiple horror shorts all tied into one overall plot.)

- The ABC's of Death 1 and 2 (These are anthology films comprised of tons of horror shorts by different directors from all over the world done in different styles.)

- Creep (Pretty decent. Haven't seen the sequel though!)

- NAILS (The effects in this movie are superb! I highly recommend it!)

- Day of the Dead: Bloodline (Not super scary but still a decent watch.)

- The Cabin Fever series (Some are better than others in this series.)

- Train to Busan (Pretty dang good zombie flick but I can't recall if it has subtitles or an English dub.)

- The Collection (Similar to SAW but a bit better imo.)

- The Babadook (Made popular by memes but I saw it beforehand and thought it was pretty good for a scare. They did a nice job of writing a character with mental illness rather than just doing an overused stereotype.)

- Last Shift (A little convoluted but decent enough to watch.)

- XX (Another anthology film.)

- Viral (Kind of a zombie movie..?)

- What We Become (Another zombie flick.)

- Chernobyl Diaries (Not the best but a good time waster.)

SpookyHowlmes - Oh yeah, i recently watched the two "Creep" movies and quite liked them! One of the better uses of "found footage" I've seen lately. "XX" was okay, it was frustrating for me because while there were good shorts and some just downright bad ones, there wasn't one that I felt was amazing, but maybe the first and last ones came close. I didn't really like Annie Clark's (St. Vincent), but it was weird enough that I'd love to see her do more movies! 

I'm a horror fanatic!

I used to be very scared of horror and would avoid it at all costs. Then one night my friend made me sit down and watch Insidious. Now I can't get enough! Insidious is also one of those horror movies with an interesting plot, not something that's just gore or cheap jumpscares. It triggered my love for horror movies so I suggest that one! It's got some jumps but it gives you a rush.

If you want to ease yourself into horror movies, I would recommend Dead Snow. It's sort of a comedy/horror. Even I loved it, and I have a horrible phobia of zombies. 😂 Another good one is Cabin in the Woods. That one is more mainstream so the horror is very tame (in my opinion) and has a great plot.

Oh! Another reallllyyy good one is Creep and Creep 2. It stars Mark Duplass and he's a great character in the movie. It's not a movie with jumpscares or monsters or gore. Just some good old psychological horror. Definitely suggest that.

My favorite movie of all time though is Alone. It's a thai movie and super super captivating. Great plot, great imagery, great scares (some scenes I still have to close my eyes). A really good film overall. I heard there's an American version but I would just avoid that and watch the original thai version if you can find it.

Sorry for the long response, and sorry if I already recommended something someone else did!

4 hours ago, SpookyHowlmes said:

Oh man, I ADORE horror films! I just watched 'The Autopsy of Jane Doe' and it was amazing! The execution of the plot was a little lacking but overall the idea was cool. It does have gore/blood though so be warned! Also gonna preface this with that I didn't read any of the other comments so if these repeat, my apologies!

Let me just drop some of my favorite horror movies right here. Most of which can be found on Netflix or Putlocker:

- The V/H/S series (They're pretty good! Done in the found footage style, they all consist of multiple horror shorts all tied into one overall plot.)

- The ABC's of Death 1 and 2 (These are anthology films comprised of tons of horror shorts by different directors from all over the world done in different styles.)

- Creep (Pretty decent. Haven't seen the sequel though!)

- NAILS (The effects in this movie are superb! I highly recommend it!)

- Day of the Dead: Bloodline (Not super scary but still a decent watch.)

- The Cabin Fever series (Some are better than others in this series.)

- Train to Busan (Pretty dang good zombie flick but I can't recall if it has subtitles or an English dub.)

- The Collection (Similar to SAW but a bit better imo.)

- The Babadook (Made popular by memes but I saw it beforehand and thought it was pretty good for a scare. They did a nice job of writing a character with mental illness rather than just doing an overused stereotype.)

- Last Shift (A little convoluted but decent enough to watch.)

- XX (Another anthology film.)

- Viral (Kind of a zombie movie..?)

- What We Become (Another zombie flick.)

- Chernobyl Diaries (Not the best but a good time waster.)

AH the Autopsy of Jane Doe was amazing! I still get chills just thinking about it. I second that recommendation!

4 hours ago, Yuurei said:

AH the Autopsy of Jane Doe was amazing! I still get chills just thinking about it. I second that recommendation!

I honestly wasn't expecting it to be what it was! I thought it was going to end up being some kind of virus based movie. I kinda wish they'd make a sequel..

On 10/8/2018 at 6:13 AM, beijoseternura said:

I really love *Black Swan* with Natalie Portman. I love the balance between her real life and all the hallucinations she has and also the dancing. But I don't know if it's a real horror movie?

I think it counts

and yes Get Out is rally good and you should all watch it

Y'know this is going to come as kind of a left-field recommendation, but I'd say One Piece Movie 6 Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island is REALLY good horror for a shonen action manga movie.  It subverts things in ways you might not expect if you're familiar with the series.  Problem is...it probably works best if you ARE familiar with the series already.  And...One Piece is a LONG runner...

• 3 weeks later...

Agree with a lot of what has been shared so far. I'll add the 1982 movie Still of the Night starring Meryl Streep and Roy Scheider as one of my favourites. The plot isn't brilliant but the atmosphere and the acting are fabulous and I have to admit, a few scenes still stick in my mind to this very day.

Take care and Happy Halloween,

Zed

Dark Signal, a Welsh horror movie, my favorite, not super gory or scary, but definitely creepy

• 6 months later...

There's this movie called the intruder its really good it's in cinema's now I recommend it its got bad reviews for some reason don't know why I really liked it

I don't know if this is out yet but I'd be interested to see Brightburn- it seems to be a horror version of the Superman story.

Also IT Chapter Two! 😮

On 5/27/2019 at 11:00 AM, Heathcliff said:

I don't know if this is out yet but I'd be interested to see Brightburn- it seems to be a horror version of the Superman story.

Also IT Chapter Two! 😮

I don't know about it chapter two becouse the first one was terrible but brightburn is really good 

I'm surprised I haven't seen Hereditary mentioned. I think it came out in 2017, pretty recent. Disturbed the shit out of me. Definitely the most frightening/upsetting horror movie I've seen. And the director is coming out with a new movie soon - Midsomer. I can't wait to see it.

@facet Ghost Hunt is amazing, Blood Stained Labyrinth was soooo good. Also the doll arc got me since I hate dolls.

I've said this before but Yami Shiba is an anime that does 5 minute jump scares based on Japanese folklore.  It's really good.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:33 AM, Esstrosa said:

I don't know about it chapter two becouse the first one was terrible but brightburn is really good 

The first IT movie was terrible? Why? I just don't get that at all... I think it was really pretty good.

• 1 month later...

Archived