Sneeze Fetish Forum

Your reaction when somebody sneezes

peach_princess

This question probably has been brought up before, but I can't find it, sooo...

First, I almost never say "bless you". I rather pretend that nothing happened, especially if I liked... you know, the action and the performer 😅 Secondly, if I know that somebody is going to sneeze, I immediately turn away and don't look at them because I'm so scared they'd notice (yeah, I'm missing the most interesting part)...

My reactions are generally as follows (with some exceptions):

If a man sneezes - I try to look away and generally not acknowledge that it has happened in any shape or form

If a woman sneezes - if they are even remotely attractive or presentable (which is of course totally subjective), I will definitely bless them if no one else is around and I may bless them in other situations, depending on all the circumstances

(for any family sneezes, I try to crawl into a hole and die)

:joal:

1 hour ago, Joal 555 said:

My reactions are generally as follows (with some exceptions):

If a man sneezes - I try to look away and generally not acknowledge that it has happened in any shape or form

If a woman sneezes - if they are even remotely attractive or presentable (which is of course totally subjective), I will definitely bless them if no one else is around and I may bless them in other situations, depending on all the circumstances

:joal:

This is exactly me, except swap the genders since I’m a girl. With girls though (which would then fall in your guys category), my exceptions are close friends whom I will bless and sympathize for.

I’ve gotten more comfortable blessing attractive guys in public, but it is 100x more difficult than with one on one.

Oh and I have started to say “Salud” a lot when I bless others. Just because I love the Spanish language so much, and it also makes it easier to say since it also just means “Health.”

Thankfully, where I'm from, it's not really a custom to bless people. So I usually try to ignore it altogether regardless of who it is, and I have unfortunately gotten so good at it that I sometimes forget to pay attention even for my own sake. :lol::rolleyes:  If it's a woman who's to some extent attractive, or that has a nice sneeze but I can't see her, I smirk inwardly and get a bit of a happiness boost. If it's a man and there's something specific about the sneeze - he's either attractive or sneezes a lot, or anything, I often take note to tell my fellow fetishist ladies who like the men. 

I really hate it if someone sneezes while a family member is around, though. It distracts me and my mom ALWAYS has to comment on people sneezing or being sick/allergic. She is very skilled at ruining a good fetish thing for me. :dead: 

2 hours ago, Joal 555 said:

Ah yes, the famous Family Sneeze Death Hole. Sadly an often frequented place. 

i almost always bless the person. it's the polite thing to do where i'm from. 

if it's family, i just try to pretend nothing happened. :dead:

1 hour ago, I love Alan Rickman said:

except swap the genders since I’m a girl. 

also, not to threadjack but, i just wanted to say how absolutely weird this looks to me! being a girl doesn't mean you automatically have to like boys :lol: so saying "since i'm a girl" here as though that makes the difference is bizarre to me

I am a selective blesser and typically only bless my boyfriend and a few close friends. That’s it. I don’t bless strangers, and if I do I must have had one too many. :drunk:

I do offer a glance in the person’s direction (unless it’s family, to which I promptly want to die), but that’s about it.  

I bless them if i'm close with them, but if i'm not I just try to ignore it.

2 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Ah yes, the famous Family Sneeze Death Hole. Sadly an often frequented place. 

So true.

It really depends on the situation and how I'm feeling fetish-wise. I genereally don't like to bless people because it feels to me like invading other people's space.

Blessing feels like a very intimate action, so having to bless strangers makes me feel uncomfortable. I considered comparing it to flirting, but flirting has a more playful ring to it, while blessing carries more tender undertones for me. Fortunately, blessing has gone a little out of fashion where I live. It used to be expected out of politeness, but people don't necessarily expect it nowadays.

So usually, I try to busy myself with other things and just ignore the sneeze. If other people bless the sneezer, I join in out of politeness. And then there are some people who expect you to bless them and who will stare your soul out until you react to their sneeze, so if that happens, I bless them as well.

Sometimes I feel brave and will bless a person I find attracitve ^_^ If I am familiar with a person (friend, close colleague) I am more likely to bless them. As for family members.... :yuck:

I also find the English "Bless you" much cuter and carrying more tenderness than the German "Gesundheit". Therefore, I immensely enjoy reading "Bless you"s in fiction and other writings ❤️

Apart from the topic of blessing people, I usually have the urge to turn my head and find out the source of the sneeze when I couldn't see the sneezer. When it's clear that someone around me has to sneeze, I try not to stare :D The pre-sneeze face is something that fascinates me a lot, so I try not to let people see how fascinated I am :lol:

10 hours ago, Joal 555 said:

I echo this with this added on for women sneezing. I bless them if they're are within earshot, and if I hear a woman sneeze while at work and I can't see them, I have to stop what I'm doing for a couple seconds so I can re-concentrate on my work again.

I'm pretty much a universal blesser, even with (ick) family, unless I'm really absorbed in something at work. With my husband I also have a tradition of "sneeze kisses" on top of bless you  - I kiss him every time he sneezes 🙂 

13 hours ago, •.*°•☆. Q .☆•°*.• said:

also, not to threadjack but, i just wanted to say how absolutely weird this looks to me! being a girl doesn't mean you automatically have to like boys :lol: so saying "since i'm a girl" here as though that makes the difference is bizarre to me

Yeah, I know. Sorry, I meant to say since I’m a straight girl. I was half-asleep and don’t know what other way to say it. :lol: 

And @facet Huh?

Edited by I love Alan Rickman

I’ve never encountered someone that demanded I bless them. Interesting. 

@I love Alan Rickman facet can get more in-depth, but here is the short version of it.

Binary means two of something. The gender binary is an idea that’s been taught for a long time that there are only two genders in the world: male or female. I remember learning that in school. You may be learning that now. 

There are more than just two genders. The term for those that identify outside of the “strictly male or strictly female” gender binary definition are called non-binary people. 

So when speech is used that promotes the idea of only two existing genders, it excludes and dehumanizes non-binary people even when that is not the intent. 

2 hours ago, Reader said:

I’ve never encountered someone that demanded I bless them. Interesting. 

@I love Alan Rickman facet can get more in-depth, but here is the short version of it.

Binary means two of something. The gender binary is an idea that’s been taught for a long time that there are only two genders in the world: male or female. I remember learning that in school. You may be learning that now. 

There are more than just two genders. The term for those that identify outside of the “strictly male or strictly female” gender binary definition are called non-binary people. 

So when speech is used that promotes the idea of only two existing genders, it excludes and dehumanizes non-binary people even when that is not the intent. 

Well, I know there are other genders, but when you say “swap”, it means the opposite. And the opposite of “strictly male” is “strictly female” so I still don’t understand what’s so bad about it 🤷‍♀️

@I love Alan Rickman  

The opposite of strictly male is someone who doesn’t identify as strictly male. That includes a genderless person, non-binary person, genderfluid person, bigender person, trigender person, gender neutral person, strictly female person, etc. 

I took your “huh?” for confusion, so I broke down facet’s paragraph.

Edited by Reader

@Reader I don’t get it. I know there are other genders, but in this case, isn’t male the opposite of female? How you’re explaining it makes me think it’s kinda like saying the opposite of north isn’t south, it’s any other direction other than south. Or that the opposite of walk isn’t run, but can also be skip, jump, etc. Saying the opposite of a gender doesn’t mean that those other genders don’t exist, just that that specific one is the opposite of the other.

I’m sorry if I offended anyone. This is just how I’ve seen things. I know there are other genders, perhaps I’m just not using good wording

Edited by I love Alan Rickman

I always bless the sneezer provided he/she's in a reasonable vicinity to me and not all the way across the store or something like that. 

I'm asexual, so sneezes don't affect me that way, if you know what I mean.  Yet if someone I like sneezes, I get a feeling that varies from tenderness (like, wanting to take care of the person) to "relief," particularly if it's the first time I've heard the person sneeze (like, "Whew, now I know what it sounds like.").  I wonder if anyone else who's asexual or a "caretaker"-type person can relate?

11 hours ago, I love Alan Rickman said:

@Reader I don’t get it. I know there are other genders, but in this case, isn’t male the opposite of female? How you’re explaining it makes me think it’s kinda like saying the opposite of north isn’t south, it’s any other direction other than south. Or that the opposite of walk isn’t run, but can also be skip, jump, etc. Saying the opposite of a gender doesn’t mean that those other genders don’t exist, just that that specific one is the opposite of the other.

I’m sorry if I offended anyone. This is just how I’ve seen things. I know there are other genders, perhaps I’m just not using good wording

I understand what you mean.  It's as if you're saying, "black is the opposite of white, but numerous other colors exist."

41 minutes ago, Luisa39 said:

I understand what you mean.  It's as if you're saying, "black is the opposite of white, but numerous other colors exist."

Yes, that’s what I’m trying to say

1 hour ago, Luisa39 said:

I really hate to completely threadjack, but male and female are opposite sexes, not genders. Sex is what you have, whereas gender is your identity. There are two sexes, to my knowledge. Therefore the opposite sex of male is female. Gender is a whole other story, though.

Staff reminder to please keep on topic so as not to derail the OP's thread. Please create a new thread if anyone wishes to continue any side topics that are being discussed in this thread. Thank you. 

On 5/5/2019 at 8:27 PM, Selene said:

I usually have the urge to turn my head and find out the source of the sneeze when I couldn't see the sneezer. When it's clear that someone around me has to sneeze, I try not to stare :D The pre-sneeze face is something that fascinates me a lot, so I try not to let people see how fascinated I am

OMG it's so me!!! 

P. S. I've always been really annoyed with my family sneezing, and every time I say "bless you", it sounds extremely annoyed and angrily, more like "shut tf up". Lol I guess my family think I hate sneezing 😅

P. S. 2: I'm kinda really uncomfortable with the whole thing about sex and gender happening here, and I even feel a little guilty, since it has started in my topic... I don't even want to get in there, but I just want to say that honestly, I don't get it why people want to prove their point that there are only two sexes or that male is opposite to female.

Does it insult you if male is not opposite to female, and that there are more than two sexes? Probably not. Does it insult people who don't identify as cis hetero female/male if they don't fit in the "two sexes only" and "male opposite to female" category? Probably yes. Then why should we even argue about that?? Can't we all just live in a freaking peace where nobody is insulted? Is it really so difficult to get into Google and change your point of view?.. 

I come from a very conservative (slash homophobic and so on) country, and I am a cis hetero female. Still, I'm fine with doing some research and learning about things I didn't know before. Why should we even argue? 😭