Sneeze Fetish Forum

Hiding In Plain Sight (CM, Reid)

Wolfwings22

I promised that I would be back to writing another CM Fanfiction and here it is! It’s another one with Reid since I can’t seem to get off of writing about him. Anyway, I hope that you all enjoy and let me know what you think!

Prompt- Reid has no idea that he has allergies and the team heads to Georgia for a case. What happens when Hotch and Morgan team up to help him?

As soon as Reid stepped out of the jet and walked down the stairs, he felt that something was off. The air was humid, warm, but it wasn’t overly so. However, the slight breeze seemed to tickle his nose ever so slightly. Reid lifted a hand and rubbed it as discretely against his nose roughly.

“Hey, Pretty Boy, can you keep walking,” requested Moran from behind Reid.

Reid jolted in surprise when he realized that he was holding everyone up besides Hotch, who had walked out first. He headed down the rest of the stairs and chalked the itch up to a mild irritant in he air. It’s nothing to be bothered with. I just need to stay focused on the case.

The team loaded their go bags into the back of the SUV and took their respective seats inside. Hotch climbed into the driver’s seat with Rossi in the passenger. Reid, Prentiss, JJ, and Morgan clambered in the back two rows and buckled their seatbelts. 

“We’ll set up in the precinct and reinterview the witnesses to see what they remember about the women and who they left the bars with,” Hotch reminded as he pulled the SUV onto the main road. 

They hadn’t gotten far when Morgan started to mess with the vents. He frowned when he realized that nothing was coming out. “Hotch, do you think that you could turn the air on?”

“It is,” Rossi broke in as he turned the knob the entire way over. He lifted his hands to the vent and frowned when he realized that nothing was coming out. He smacked an open palm against the vents before he shook his head and turned to Hotch. “I don’t think this works.”

Prentiss let out a soft groan. “So, we have to stay in the heat with all of you,” she complained. “That’s just great.”

“Roll down the windows if you’d like,” Hotch told them as he put on his turn signal and merged into another lane. “Just not too low that we can’t hear each other.”

JJ and Reid rolled down the window partially while Rossi did the same. Hotch kept his window where it was, but the wind whipping around them seemed to cool everyone partially for the time being.

Reid was cool for the time being, but his nose had started to itch. It wasn’t too persistent, but it was annoying. He lifted his fist to his nose and rubbed at it once more. He sniffled a bit once he was finished before the itch seemed to sprout even more. He rubbed at it once more in an effort to tamper down the itch.

“Reid!”

Reid swung his head to the front when he noticed that everyone was looking at him. He looked down slightly in embarrassment. “Yes? Did someone say something?”

Hotch raised an eyebrow. “I just told you that you would be in charge of the geographical profile once we arrive. If you can’t hear then close the window a bit.”

“Oh, sorry,” Reid apologized quickly. He put up the window a bit, but not too much since he knew that everyone, especially Morgan in the back, was extremely hot. He tried to focus on the conversation around him, but the frequent itching in his nose was just beyond frustrating and he couldn’t understand as to why.    

About a minute later the tickling seemed to disappear and Reid joined into he conversation. He started to ramble on and he wasn’t quite sure everyone was listening. “That’s why the average bartender has to take forty seconds per drink to make the average quota and anything under that sparks a profit.” He suddenly trailed of a bit and lifted his fist to his nose as he felt the overwhelming itch once more.

“IshsHS! ItsHsH!

Reid was nearly as surprised as anyone else. His cheeks flushed a bit as he lowered his hand when he realized that everyone had quieted. “Excuse me.”

“Bless you, Spence,” offered JJ with a kind smile. 

Reid nodded. He opened his mouth to continue when his nose gave a twitch and he was forced to look away, his nose almost crushed against his fist. “IthcsH! ItcsHsh! ItSHshSh!”

“Bless you, man,” Morgan chimed in.

Reid squirmed in embarrassment as he gave a small sniff. His nose wasn’t quite runny, but it was starting to feel slightly stuffy. “Sorry, excuse me.”

Morgan continued to almost scrutinize him, but didn’t say anything. He didn’t want to embarrass Reid when there could be nothing wrong.

The rest of the ride was quiet as Hotch pulled up on the local precinct’s parking lot. He parked the SUV and rolled up the windows before everyone else headed out of the SUV. Reid took a few steps forward when his head crashed into his elbow once more. “IthSH! IcsSH! IchsSH! ItcSH!

“Bless you,” chorused the entire team. This time they came around him and walked in front of him.

This time Reid gave a more liquid sniff as he rubbed at his nose with his fist. The last explosion had caused a small amount of spray and it caused heat to rush into his cheeks. “Thanks,” he offered as he gulped. “Excuse me.”

He took off just as Hotch was about to say something. He frowned as he watched him just as Morgan joined him. “What’s up?”

“Does something seem off to you about Reid,” Hotch inquired.

Morgan thought for a minute before he shrugged. “I definitely think that there might be something going on, but I’ll keep an eye on him.”

Hotch nodded slowly. “Keep me posted.”

Hotch headed inside and left Morgan standing there for a moment, debating on how to exactly keep an eye on Reid without it being too obvious. He shook his head as he headed in. He would observe at a distance until Reid forced him to intervene.

To Be Continued.....

ohh my god i’ve been hoping someone would do a fic about allergic reid, thank you so much for writing this! can’t wait for the next chapter 😍

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 7:12 AM, zen said:

ohh my god i’ve been hoping someone would do a fic about allergic reid, thank you so much for writing this! can’t wait for the next chapter 😍

I’m so glad! It has been a quick second since I’ve done an allergy fic and I’ve really missed it. I’m so glad that you’re liking it so far and I hope you enjoy the next part!

Reid set up his things and began to brainstorm in the back of the precinct. It seemed that everyone seemed to prefer windows open to actual air conditioning. He didn't mind it as he set up his whiteboard and pulled out the case files. He began to write when he felt his nose start to itch again.

Frustration pulsed through him as he lifted a hand and rubbed it at the back of his nose vigorously. He groaned as it did absolutely nothing for the itch. He settled for almost ripping at his nose. It helped a bit and his hand settled as he grabbed another marker and began to write.

He heard footsteps as someone approached. "Reid, Hotch was wondering if-"

Reid spun around and held up one finger as he pushed his nose into his fist. "ItCSH! ItcsSh! IcssSh! ItSHhsh!" The sneezes weren't overly powerful, but they were rapid and seemed to tumble out of him one by one.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and blushed when he realized that it was JJ, her maternity coming off of her in waves. "Bless you, Spence. Are you okay?"

Reid sniffled into his fist, his nose starting to run slowly. "Uh, yeah. Excuse me," he told her bashfully, sniffing once more. 

JJ reached into her purse and brought out a travel pack of tissues and pressed them against Reid's free hand. "Here."

Reid looked down at them, still sniffling into his other hand. "Don't you need them," Reid pointed out, reluctant to use them.

JJ shook her head and raised her hands as she took a step back. "Curse of being a mom. Those are for Henry when he's sick, but I can always get more. You need them more than me right now."

"Thank you," Reid croaked as he pulled a few from the pack and rubbed them against the undersides of his runny nose. He wrinkled his nose once he was finished and tucked the used tissues as well as the others in the pack into his pocket for later. 

"No problem. Why was I here?" Her eyes beamed in realization. "Right! Hotch just wants to see how you're coming along."

"Good! Send him in. I think that I have something that he'll want to see," Reid pointed out as he headed back over to the whiteboard and flipped it over. It had the women's names written on it as well as several lines showing connections. He knew that Hotch would understand once he saw it.

Hotch entered a few minutes later and came over to the board. "What did you find?"

"We originally stated the the unsub's victims had nothing in common except going to a bar the day that they disappeared. However, they all ordered a Scarlet O'Hara drink. That is the state of Georgia's signature drink. It's not widely ordered or enjoyed, but it's based off of...."

He trailed off with a faraway look in his eyes and Hotch seemed almost alarmed as he looked at him. "Reid, you were saying."

Reid suddenly fumbled for the tissues from earlier and pressed them over his nose and turned as far away from Hotch as possible. "IcSH! ITcSH! ItcSH! ItcsH! ItSHsH!"

"Bless you," Hotch murmured.

Reid shook his head, trying to signal that he wasn't done. He hurriedly clamped his hands over his nose and pitched forward. "IcshH! ISHsh! IchSH! IthsHs!" Each once tickled his nose even more and left him slightly dizzy and with an ever more prevalent itch than before.

"Bless you again," Hotch replied as he looked around the room. He came over to a corner and managed to find a box of tissues. He brought them over and set them in front of Reid. Reid bluster as he took some and blew his nose softly.

Congestion was starting to show and it was making Reid even more uncomfortable. He sniffled in embarrassment. "Excuse me, sorry."

"Reid, are you feeling alright," Hotch inquired with his trademark 'Hotch glare' making Reid almost shy away from him all together.

Reid nodded vigorously. "I'm fine. At least, I feel fine," he replied with a small nod as he lifted a finger and rubbed at his nose.

Hotch didn't look like he bought it at all whatsoever. However, he wasn't about to bring it up again when they had a case to worry about. He would worry about Reid's health later unless it proved to compromise his profiling skills. He just hoped that he didn't have to.

"What was I saying," asked Reid as he threw the used tissues in the nearby trash.

"The Scarlet O'Hara," prompted Hotch gently.

Reid swung his head back to the whiteboard and started to write on it quickly. "Right, right. Yeah, the Scarlet O'Hara was a drink named after Gone With The Wind and while it's not the most popular drink, it is the state drink. All of these women ordered the Scarlet O'Hara," Reid explained just his nose started to itch once more.

Hotch nodded in understanding, or a least as much of understanding that he could make with Reid's ramblings. "Good work."

Reid nodded as he pulled out even more tissues from the box and managed to push it up to his nose just in time. "ItSH! IcsSH! IcshSh! IcSHSh! ISHsH!"

"Bless you. Take a break and get some fresh air," Hotch commanded as he headed to the rest of the precinct to tell the team and officers about Reid's findings and see if they could make anymore sense of it.

Reid lifted his hand and rubbed his strangely watery eyes. Once he somewhat composed himself, he decided that it would be best to listen to Hotch. He started for the entrance and made his way outside.

To Be Continued.....

ahhhh loved this chapter as well! poor reid though, but i enjoy his suffering 😂 this is really cute!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/8/2019 at 4:36 AM, zen said:

ahhhh loved this chapter as well! poor reid though, but i enjoy his suffering 😂 this is really cute!

Thanks so much! 

Sorry for the brief break. I have been taking summer classes for college and that takes up a lot of my time. Not to mention I have a lot of family stuff going on. However, I have gotten back to this story and I hope you all enjoy!

Reid stood outside for a moment as the warm breeze moved his hair. He relaxed for a moment and allowed his mind to wander to try and make different connections in the murder. He toyed with the idea that this was somehow based on Gone With the Wind, as in the classic book, but nothing else pointed to that. Frustration seemed to weigh on him when he noticed that his mind wasn’t making the normal connections that it usually did.

Then there was the itching.

His nose was still tickling as if a feather was tickling it. He lifted his hand and rubbed at it once more. He really didn’t want to sneeze anymore. The sneezing just caused the itch to grow, no matter how he tried to force it back down. It was beyond frustrating and not to mention humiliating sneezing like that in front of Hotch.

Suddenly, the itch became overwhelming and Reid settled for not even bothering to cover. “ItSHs! ISHsH! IshsHS! ISHsH! ItSHs! IshsHS!” The tumbled out of him so fast that he barely had time to breathe in between. “ItSH! IscSh! IscsHs!”

“Damn, bless you, kid.”

Reid whirled around and nearly jumped out of his skin when he realized that Morgan was standing at the door a few steps away, probably a witness to the entire embarrassing fit. “B-Borgan. Excuse be,” Reid started with a sniffle. The sniffling continued and he cursed himself for not brining any tissues with him. “Sorry.”

“It’s alright. There’s nothing to apologize for. You okay? That was an impressive fit,” Morgan pointed out as he clustered closer to Reid slowly.

Reid wrinkled his nose and sniffed once more. “I’b ogay. I dond’t dknow whadt’s wrong with be,” confessed Reid with his forehead crinkled. 

“It’s okay. How about we get you inside and get you some tissues, Pretty Boy. As much as I enjoy your sniffling, it might cause Hotch to go a little nuts,” Morgan whispered comfortingly.

Reid knew better than to argue. He knew that Morgan was babying him quite a bit, but he couldn’t argue it. He really didn’t need his nose running uncontrollably and everyone else aware of it. He ran a finger under his nose and slightly grimaced as it just exacerbated the already prevalent itch deep within his sinuses. “Ogay,” he agreed before he pitched forward into his hands once more. “IcsHs! IcsHs! IcsHS! IcsHS!”

“Damn, bless you again. Maybe we should see about getting you a ride back to the hotel early,” suggested Morgan as he helped steer Reid into the precinct once more with his hand gently clasped around Reid’s bicep.

Reid shook his head, sniffling deeply as he reluctantly removed his hands from his nose. “I’b ogay. I jusdt dneed sobe tissues and do blow by dose.”

“Alright, alright, just come with me,” Morgan whispered as he led him to the small bathroom. He opened the door and led Reid inside. Reid headed over to the kitchen while Morgan disappeared into one of the stalls and pulled out some toilet paper and brought it back to Reid. He passed it over and Reid took it thankfully.

He brought it up to his nose and blew hard. It was hardly productive, but it caused his nose to itch and he was forced to pitch forward into the toilet paper. “ItSHs! IcSHs! IcsHsSH! IsHS! IcsHS!” Each sneeze was rapid and breathless and caused his eyes to water uncontrollably. 

“Are you okay,” Morgan asked when Reid started to almost sway on his feet.

Reid tried to nod, but the itch was still there. He folded the toilet paper once more and prepared for another fit. “IcsSH! ItcHS! IcSH! ItSH! ItcsH! IcsSH! ItsHSH! ItSHs! IcHs!”

“Reid, easy.” Morgan gripped Reid’s arms to stop him from falling. Reid rubbed the makeshift tissue against his tender nose and he tossed it aside, grumbling to himself. He continued to sniffle as tears ran down his face and embarrassment washed over him. “What’s going no with you? You must be feeling awful.”

Reid shook his head. “I’b fide. I dond’t dknow whadt’s wrong with be.”

Morgan was about to say something else when the door slowly opened. Reid felt himself tear away from Morgan when he saw Hotch standing in front of them. He had his trademark glare as he faced his two agents. “What’s going on?”

Morgan opened his mouth to speak, but Reid interrupted. “Nothig! Everythig is fide,” he announced as he looked away from the both of them, knowing that his eyes were still streaming and nose running from a red and chapped nose.

Hotch looked to Morgan and Morgan shrugged. Hotch came over beside him and stretched out a hand. Reid was hardly aware until Hotch managed to rest his hand on Reid’s forehead. Reid started to pull away when Hotch shook his head. Reid stood still as Hotch felt his forehead and moved the back of his hand to his flushed cheeks while Reid reluctantly stood still.

“Hmmm, you’re not warm,” Hotch assessed with surprise clear in his voice. He couldn’t hide it. He thought for sure that Reid would have a fever.

Reid finally managed to duck aside as he headed to the door. “See, I’b fide. You dond’t dneed to worry aboudt be. I’ll be fide.” With that he headed out of the bathroom and disappeared in a huff.

Morgan crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the sink while Hotch stared at the door. “Do you think that he’s faking feeling alright?”

“I don’t know. Something is clearly up with him, but he keeps insisting that he’s fine and he doesn’t have a fever,” Morgan replied.

“Yes, but you don’t have to have a fever to have a cold. However, I can’t order him to the hotel if he insists that he’s fine and he has no fever. His work hasn’t suffered from it,” Hotch pointed out, more to say it to himself than saying it to Morgan.

Morgan came up to Hotch’s side so that their shoulders almost touched. “I’ll keep an eye on him like I said that I would. His performance or his health drops, I pull him out and take him back to the hotel.”

“Let’s hope it doesn’t come to this.” With that Hotch headed out of the bathroom without another word.

To Be Continued...

❤️❤️❤️❤️ love it when they're mothering him! And don't worry about taking your time writing this, personal life comes first and this is so good it's worth the wait!

5 hours ago, zen said:

❤️❤️❤️❤️ love it when they're mothering him! And don't worry about taking your time writing this, personal life comes first and this is so good it's worth the wait!

Thanks so much for your sweet comment! It meant to world to me. Today is my birthday and it’s been a not so great day. Gotta love family drama and other shit. Anyway, thanks so much for your understanding and the comment. It really made me smile and helped me feel at least a little better on this pretty bad birthday!

I'm sorry I haven't commented much. I AM enjoying this story! And the congested speech from Reid in this last part was just perfect!

I hope you have a happy birthday even though there is family drama.  My birthday is going to be much the same as yours I think. I'm tired of this family drama stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2019 at 2:35 PM, ReidSeeker said:

I'm sorry I haven't commented much. I AM enjoying this story! And the congested speech from Reid in this last part was just perfect!

I hope you have a happy birthday even though there is family drama.  My birthday is going to be much the same as yours I think. I'm tired of this family drama stuff. 

Thanks so much for your comment! My birthday pretty much sucked, but it’s what I’ve come to expect in my family unfortunately with all the tension. I’m sorry that you have to go through the same thing. I just wish that there was a way to celebrate things without all the family stuff being brought up, but I know that that won’t happen. I just wish that things could change, but they won’t. That’s probably why I write so much. It releases my emotion in a way that I don’t have anywhere else. I’m not supposed to show emotions like anger or sadness so I write them down. At least something positive has come out of my home situation.

Here is another part. I hope you guys had a Happy 4th of July if you celebrated it and enjoy this. I am trying my best to write more for this story this month. I will be going to visit my aunt to get out of the house at the end of the month, so that should give me a lot of time to write and continued this story. Until that happens, I will do my best to update. I hope you all enjoy and let me know what you think!

Reid managed through the rest of the day and evening alright. He snuck off when he felt a sneezing fit coming on, which was quite often. No one said anything, but he guessed that Morgan had said something to them and told them not to. He was partially thankful, but he was really starting to irritate him. His nose was starting to feel like it was practically plugged and his eyes were still streaming. He was more than grateful when Hotch finally decided to call it a night around nine. They would pick it up in the morning.

Reid grabbed his jacket and headed outside with JJ right beside him. As soon as he emerged, he turned his head into his elbow. "ItSH! IcsSH! IcsSH! IcsSH! IShsh! IcshSH! ItshSH!"

"Bless you, Reid. Are you alright," JJ asked softly as she stretched out a hand and rested a hand on Reid's shoulder. She then moved her hand and moved some of his sweaty bangs from flopping into his eyes.

Reid moved away, but wasn't rude about it. "I'b ogay."

"Are you shivering," JJ asked as she took off her small sweater and threaded it around his shoulders. It was quite warm outside even from being dark and late. There was no reason that Reid should be shivering like that.

Hotch watched JJ and Reid in front of him while he pretended to listen to what Rossi was saying. He was too concerned about what was going on with Reid. He knew that he had made a deal with Morgan that he could keep an eye on Reid, but something else seemed to be going on. He just didn't know what.

They headed into the SUV and Reid immediately tried to close his itchy and watery eyes. He rubbed at them powerfully and set his jaw as he slightly moaned. His eyes were just on fire and he didn't feel like joining in on any of the conversation around him.

Eventually, the talking trailed off as they came up on the hotel. Reid fumbled out of the SUV and into the breeze. He shivered before he felt another itch. He immediately lifted his hand to his face and clamped his nose tightly between his thumb and forefinger, crushing the sneezes as much as possible. "Icxxh! IchxxH! Ixxxh! IchxxH! IchxxH! Irxxh! IchxxH! Itxxxh! Itxxxh!"

Reid felt a hand on his shoulder and nearly jumped when he realized that it was Rossi. That was the last person that he expected that it be. "Salud. Doesn't that hurt?"

Reid shook his head. "Dno." He shrugged him off and headed inside and clustered closer to Prentiss to avoid Rossi's hard gaze.

Rossi said nothing more as he followed them. They all walked up to the front desk where JJ was checking them in. She spoke to the manager for a moment before her voice started to rise.

"I called ahead. I said that we needed six rooms. You said that you had that," JJ pointed out as she leaned onto the counter.

The receptionist tapped away on the keyboard in front of her while looking at her computer screen. "I'm sorry, ma'am. There was a cancelled flight at the small airport down the street and it mandates that we accommodate them until another flight becomes available. We have three rooms that you can use?"

JJ turned to Hotch and he nodded. "We'll double up," he announced, answering the receptionist's question as well as JJ's. "Rossi, you're with me. JJ with Prentiss and Morgan and Reid."

Reid struggled not to blush. He settled for just looking at his feet and waiting patiently for JJ to get the room keys. Once she had, she handed one to Morgan, Hotch, and kept one for herself and Prentiss. 

"We'll meet down here tomorrow at seven. Get some rest as soon as you can," Hotch told them as they made their way to the elevator.

Morgan stopped when he noticed that Reid was scrubbing at his face with his entire hand. Morgan raised an eyebrow before he leaned down to pick up Reid's go bag. "I can gedt id," Reid argued as he reached for it.

"It's okay. You alright," Morgan asked as he waited for Reid to walk beside him. 

Reid grumbled in frustration as he pulled his hand from his bloodshot eyes. "Why does everyode keeb asking be those questions. I'b fide!"

His voice was rather loud in the lobby and a few other patrons looked at him from their small coffee tables. Morgan smiled sheepishly to them before he reached out and grasped Reid's arm, squeezing a little harder than necessary. "Alright, that's fine. You don't need to yell," he told him as the doors to the elevator closed.

Reid shifted uncomfortably as he rubbed at his eyes some more. Morgan sighed as he tapped the button on the elevator and they waited for it to get back down. Morgan thought about saying something else, but he didn't want to say anything else that would cause Reid the reaction that he had just had.

The elevator dinged and the door opened. Reid headed in with Morgan behind with the two go bags. As soon as the door closed and Morgan selected their floor, Reid spun around with his hand lifted up to his face once more. His fingers caught his nose and held it in an almost death grip.

"IchxxH! ItxChxxh! Itxxxh! Itcxxh! Itxxxh! Itxxxh!"

Without even realizing it, Morgan reached over and grabbed Reid's hand madly. "C'mon, man, quit it," urged Morgan firmly, yet still gently. "You're going to hurt yourself."

Reid nudged him off half heartedly. "Won't stop," he complained.

"That's okay," Morgan chided. "You don't need it to. No one is going to fault you for being sick. It's completely natural."

"I'b dnot....." Reid trailed off with a huff. 

The elevator doors opened at the same moment and he headed out with Morgan right behind, struggling not to roll his eyes. Why won't he just let me help him?

To Be Continued......

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2019 at 2:56 PM, cara said:

I love this! Well done xx ❤️ 

Thanks!

On 7/13/2019 at 11:54 PM, turtlesneeze said:

Please continue!!!! ❤️

I definitely will! It’s been a little crazy, but I’m trying to get back into the swing of things and that includes my writing. This will be one of my longer stories so there will be plenty more to come.

I’m sorry for the delay in posting. I’ve been taking summer classes and they’re not leaving me much time for anything else besides studying. I’m on a small vacation for a few days so I’m hoping that gives me time to write. Thank you for all of your patience and support and I hope you enjoy!

Reid arrived at their room and headed inside. He selected the bed closest to the window since he knew that Morgan preferred the one closest to the door since he tended to get up earlier than Reid did and would probably leave the room before Reid did as well. 

Reid settled on the bed as Morgan set his go bag at the foot of his bed. Reid rummaged through it for a moment and found some sweatpants and an FBI t-shirt that he would be comfortable sleeping in. He rubbed at his nose madly before he pitched forward into his hands before he could stop himself.

"IsSH! IcsHs! ICsSH! IcsSH! IrcSHs! IcsHS!"

"Bless you," Morgan called as he sat down on his bed with the case file that he had been working on on his desk.

Reid said nothing as he bustled to the bathroom and disappeared into it. He quickly turned onto the sink with his elbow and quickly wet his hands and then squirted some soap on his hands and washed his hands. He took some toilet paper in his hands and threaded it around his nose. He blew his nose a few times and then washed his hands again. He headed back into the bedroom with his wrist still running under his nose.

"Maybe you should try and get some rest," Morgan suggested as he flipped open the case at hand.    

Reid shrugged as he sat on the bed with his eyes starting to water again. He rubbed at his nose again and struggled not to moan. His eyes continued to pour tears as Reid rubbed at it before he crushed his head into his elbow. "ItcsSH! ItsSH! IcsSH! IcsHS! ItSCh! ItcsSh!"

"Bless you! Reid, come on, kid, just try to get some rest," Morgan pleaded.

"Whadt if you dneed be or by helb," Reid protested with a heavy sniff while he reached over to Morgan's bed, reaching for the file.

Morgan swatted Reid's hand aside. "I will, but you need to rest. We can't have you held up for too long," Morgan pointed out as he pulled the file back so that Reid couldn't reach it.

"Budt-"

"But nothing. I can't imagine how you could make sense of this while ill. Just take it easy, please," Morgan requested.

Reid held his gaze for a moment before he was forced to blink his eyes as more tears rumbling down his reddened cheeks. He reached up and rubbed at his eyes with the palms of his head. Morgan couldn't help but sigh. "It's late. We should both get some rest. Do you want the air on or windows open?"

Reid glanced at the window with a small porch attached to it. He shrugged. "Widow is fide."

Morgan rose to his feet and opened the window to allow some fresh air in. He then grasped Reid's change of clothes and passed it over to Reid. Reid grasped it in surprise as Morgan helped pull Reid to his feet. "Get changed. Brush your teeth. Get ready for bed and call it a night."

Once again, Reid wasn't sure how he felt about Morgan telling him what to do. However, it was just too much work to ask Morgan not to care. He reluctantly took the clothes and headed back into the bathroom were Morgan heard him blowing his nose and the sink running once more. He tried not to worry as he sat back on his bed.

Reid emerged and headed for the bed sluggishly. He sat cross legged on the bed for a moment while Morgan flipped through the file one page at a time. He suddenly became aware of Reid watching him and swiveled his head around. "Can I help you?"

"Bay I see thadt," requested Reid as he almost lunged for the case file.

Morgan was quicker and scooped it up before Reid even got close. "I don't think so," Morgan started as he closed the case file and set it on the other side of the bed. "You need to rest, just like Hotch said."

Reid crinkled his nose in distain and to abate the ever present tickle that seemed to plague him. "He told all of us to rest," Reid flashed as he rubbed a fist against his runny and hot nose. "You should doo."

"Fine," Morgan replied, matching Reid's stubbornness with his own. He stood up and grabbed shorts and a t-shirt to sleep in and nodded to Reid. "We'll both get some rest then."

Reid grumbled to himself when he looked at the time and realized that it was only ten after ten. That wasn't near the normal time that he would fall asleep. Then again, he didn't want to admit to Morgan that something was going on. He didn't feel sick per-say. His nose was just stuffy and runny and his eyes were watering, not to mention that the sides of his neck and wrists were starting to itch for some unknown reason. It was also getting a little hard to breathe, not that he would ever tell Morgan or anyone else for that matter.

While Reid was contemplating how awful he truly felt, Morgan walked out of the bathroom. "Need anything, kid," he offered.

Reid opened his mouth to state that he didn't need to be treated like a kid when his nostrils flared and the itch fully blossomed in his nasal cavity. He managed to turn away from Morgan with his nose almost pressed against his fist. "ItcSH! IcSH! ItcSh! IcSHSh! IcSH! ItChs! IcsSH! IcsHH! IcsHS! IcSHS!"

"Bless you, Pretty Boy." Morgan didn't waste anytime in heading back to the bathroom and returning with the entire box of tissues. He set it on the bed and nodded to Reid. "Here. You should like you needed those."

Reid felt embarrassment rush to his face as he grabbed a few tissues with his fist still crammed against his nose. He substituted his fist with the tissues and rubbed at his runny nose for a few moments. Once he was finished, he set them on the nightstand, but kept the box close by. If the tickling in his nose told him one thing it was that this was far from over.

"Do you need anything else," Morgan prompted.

Reid shook his head. "Even if I did, I could gedt id byself," he responded curtly.

Morgan raised his hands in surrender before he headed back to his bed. "Alright, alright, there's no need to snap. It was just a question. I'm just worried about you."

"There's dno deed to be," Reid grumbled as he drew back and covers and headed under them. He blinked some tears from his eyes as they continued to water. He couldn't help rubbing at them, but that only made the watering and the pain ten times worse.

Morgan bit his lip and forced down anything else that he was going to say. The kid looked exhausted and there was no need to make an even bigger deal about it if there didn't need to be. He let out a long sigh and slumped back. He would be there when Reid needed him, but he would have to let him come to him in his own time.

To Be Continued.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2019 at 8:11 AM, 2SHY222 said:

Oh my sweet Lord it's another Reid fic 😍😍😍 this story is amazing! Please continue 

Thank you so much! I will certainly continue because this is just a fun story to write!

Sorry for the slight absence. Life has been crazy here, but the good news is that I go back to college tomorrow! That means no more family drama and certainly more time to write without being hovered around. I managed to write this little section and thought I would share it with you guys. I hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!

Reid awoke in the middle of the night and felt his nose practically flooding more than he would ever care to admit. He lifted his hand for his nose and squeezed at his nose madly. "Icxxh! Itcxxh! Itcxxh! Itxxxh! Itcxxh! Itchxxh! Itxxxh!"

His breath came in painful gasps and he almost couldn't suck in enough breath as should be able to fill his lungs when his nose rebelled like that. His nose was practically flooded as he reached for tissues across the nightstand. He clamped the tissue over his nose and blinked his eyes madly.

"Itxxh! Itcxxh! Itcxxxh! Itcxxxh! Itcxxxh! Itchxxh!" Each sneeze ripped from him in quick succession as he tried desperately to stifle them all. The last thing that he needed was to wake Morgan. He couldn't bring himself to do that after causing so much disruption already.

Reid was just about to settle back down when his nose began to itch again. This time Reid used both hands and clamped it over his nose once more. "Icxxh! Itshxxh! Itxxxh! Itsxxxh! Itxxh! Ishxxxh! Itsxxxh! Itcxxxh!"

The heavy sneezes rocked him and it caused his chest to almost burn. He struggled to take in a full breath as he sat up, his eyes and nose streaming. He wheezed for each breath while coughing ever so slightly. His nose still itched and he constantly felt like he needed to sneeze.

Suddenly, the door to the hotel room opened a crack and then the rest of the way. Reid nearly jumped out of his skin before he realized that it was Hotch. He was still in his suit from earlier and Reid wondered how late it really was. Hotch stayed up late, but this was a bit extensive.

"Hodtch?"

"I heard you from outside the door when I passed by. Is everything alright," Hotch fretted. The worry was clear, but so was Hotch's usual demeanor as well.

Reid looked over to Morgan. He rolled over in his sleep and started to snore much to Reid's relief. Reid nodded before he leaned forward and clamped his hand over his aggravated nose once more. "Itcxxxh! Itsxxxh! Ichxxxh! Itsxxxh!"

Hotch immediately leaned forward and battered Reid's hand away. "Cut that out. You're going to hurt yourself," he pointed out.

Reid sniffled. "I really dond't dknow whadt's wrong with be! I jusdt dond't wandt to wake Borgan ub. He's already worried aboudt be."

Hotch nodded slowly in understanding. That's when he reached over and grabbed the tissue box and flicked his head in Reid's direction. "Come with me," he instructed.

Reid seemed more than surprised. He narrowed his watery gaze as he uncurled his legs from under them and hung them over the side of the bed. "Where?"

"To my room," Hotch replied.

Reid stood rigid for a moment before he sat back down. "I dond't thignk thadt's a good idea," he murmured darkly as he lifted a hand to rub at his eyes.

"I'll have Rossi switch with you and he can stay with Morgan. You'll stay with me, alright?" The phrase may have seemed like a question, but to Reid he knew that it was more like a command. Reid hung his head and nodded reluctantly as he stood up once more and came to Hotch's side, still rubbing at the side of his nose like a five year old.

Hotch didn't say anything as he took Reid back to his room. He knocked on the door and Rossi opened it slowly, clearly surprised to see Hotch with Reid at his side. "Aaron?"

"Would you mind switching rooms with Reid and bunking with Morgan," Hotch asked hopefully.

Just then, Reid turned away and pressed his face into his elbow. "Itxxh! Itcxxxh! ITxxxh! Itcxxxh!"

"Salud," offered Rossi with a slight nod before he turned back to Hotch. "Yeah, no problem. Let me just grab my things and I'll see you in the morning."

Hotch stood to the side as Rossi grabbed his things. Luckily, he hadn't unpacked yet and he was able to just grab his go bag rather quickly and bustled from the room. "Thank you," Hotch called after him as Rossi made his way down the hallway.

Once Rossi had left, Hotch opened the door and invited Reid in. Reid didn't waste anytime in bustling in. He was embarrassed enough as it is and he didn't need anyone else seeing him in this condition. It was bad enough being this way in front of Hotch.

"You can take the bed closest to the door," Hotch told him as he closed the door behind them.

Reid could tell from the way that Rossi had left that the bed by the door had been Hotch's. He shook his head ever so slightly. "Ub, thadt's ogay. I can take the ode by the window."

Hotch slightly narrowed his eyes as he walked past Reid and set his go bag on the bed that had formally been Rossi's. "You'll do no such thing. Stay by the bed near the door," Hotch ordered.

Reid opened his mouth to answer when his breath suddenly hitched and he was forced to lift his elbow to his face quickly. "ItcHS! IcSHs! IrCSh! ItCSH! ItcSSH! ItSHs! ItSSH! ItcCh!"

"Bless you," Hotch offered.

Reid lowered his elbow before he reached for the tissues that was on his bed and started to blow his nose. He sniffled once he was finished with his nose wrinkled in discomfort. "I'b sorry. Excuse be," Reid began bashfully.

"There's nothing to apologize for. Would you like some water," Hotch offered as he headed to the mini fridge in the corner of the room.

Reid sniffled and felt his raw throat seem to scream in protest. "Ub, yes please."

Hotch grabbed one from the fridge and brought it over to Reid. He handed it over and Reid cracked the lid before taking a few gulps from it and setting it back just as Hotch sat on his bed and brought out the case file to go over it before he got ready for bed.

"Are you sure you dond't wandt be to take the other bed," Reid offered one last time. He felt awful that he had made Hotch switch beds when he was already imposing enough.

Hotch lifted a hand and waved Reid off. "I'm sorry, Reid, but I don't think that that is a good idea."

"Why dnot," asked Reid in surprise.

Hotch flipped the case file closed and straightened a bit. He sighed as he looked at Reid with his watery eyes, runny nose, and slightly red cheeks. His eyes were bloodshot and he just looked so much younger than he was, which was saying something considering that Reid was already very young to begin with. "I think that I figured out what is going on with you."

Reid shook his head madly. "I'b fide. There's dnothig wrong. I'b dnot sick!"

"I never said that you were sick. In fact, I think that it's quite the opposite," Hotch replied calmly to try and diffuse Reid's anger about the entire thing.

Reid seemed confused thanks to his slightly foggy mind. He brought up more tissues to his nose and gave a productive blow. Once he was finished he swiped upward against his enflamed sinuses and blinked his watery eyes at his boss. "Whadt?"

"Reid, I think that you have allergies."

To Be Continued.....

been too lazy to log in for the past couple of weeks but i've still been eagerly awaiting for new updates! Loving this fic so far 😍

On 8/14/2019 at 2:51 PM, zen said:

been too lazy to log in for the past couple of weeks but i've still been eagerly awaiting for new updates! Loving this fic so far 😍

I totally feel that. I spend nearly the entire day today trying to force myself to get anything done. Anyway, I’m glad that you enjoy it. It’s certainly a joy to write and it makes my day to see that other people enjoy them as much as I do!

It’s just a small update between my leadership training and my summer classes. I’ll try to write more tomorrow, but I hope that this is good enough until them. Let me know what you think and I hope you enjoy!

"Whadt," Reid echoed as if the first time that Hotch had said it hadn't sunken in yet.

Hotch offered a rare smile. It wasn't often that he actually puzzled the young profiler and by something so simple. "I think that you have allergies Reid."

"Budt, I've never had allergies before," Reid argued quickly, his mind still reeling. 

"I talked to Garcia and did my own research. They can develop quite suddenly, especially in a condition that you're not used to. The pollen counts and ragweed in Georgia is unbelievable high this time of year. I believe that that is what has been giving you so much trouble," Hotch explained.

Just the mention of allergies got his nose to tickle once more. He tired rubbing at it before he realized what was going to happen again. This time he had enough sense to grab a handful of tissues and bring them to his nose quickly. He waited a moment before he pitched forward into the tissues. "ItCSH! ItcSH! ItCHs! ItcSh! ItcSh! Ihh....hih...."

Reid waited for a moment with his mouth slightly parted and nostrils flaring madly. He knew how stupid he looked and it didn't help when Hotch moved from his bed to Reid's bed and stretched out a hand and grasped the wet and sticky tissues and threw them away for Reid before grabbing another handful and passing them over to Reid. Reid took them reluctantly, but he couldn't just not take them with his sneezes being as messy as they were.

"IcSHS! IrCSh! IrCSH! IcsHS! ItSCh! ItrSH!"

"Bless you," Hotch told him with he kept his arm braced around him to help keep him upright. "Are you alright?"

Reid was more than embarrassed as he managed a tiny nod. "Yeah, I'b fide. Allergies you thignk?"

Hotch struggled not to chuckle when he saw the conflict assaulting Reid as he contemplated everything that he needed to say to convince Reid that he didn't need to be embarrassed about. "I'm almost certain. You only have mild respiratory symptoms as well as no fever or body aches and no cough. I'm almost certain that it's just allergies to something that you're not used to."

"Whadt can I do aboudt id? I cand't be on the field like this," Reid fretted as he felt his heart leap into his chest.

Hotch nodded thoughtfully. "I know. As soon as everything opens in the morning we'll get you some allergy medication, the nondrowsy kind. It might not eliminate your symptoms, but it should curb them for a while."

Reid took it all in as he parked his jaws in an effort to take in a few raspy breaths. He suddenly lifted his hands over his face and pitched forward. "IsrH! IrcSH! IcHS! IsSH! ItcSH! IrcSH! IrcSHs!"

Reid nodded for a second before the onslaught continued. "IcsH! IrCSHs! IcrSH! IrCSh! IcsHS!"

"Bless you again," Hotch added as he reached for the tissues as Reid kept his hands clamped over his face. Hotch waited for him to pull them away, but his eyes started to flicker and close in exhaustion. "Reid."

Reid murmured something softly before Hotch made a split second decision. He pulled out some tissues in one hand and used the other to grasp Reid's hands and pulled them from his face. Reid sniffled heavily as tendrils of snot detached from his nose and settled on his hands, which he laid palms up on his legs. His head was slightly lolling forward with his eyes starting to close once more.

Hotch took the tissues and started to clean off Reid's hands as quickly and thoroughly as he possibly could. He knew that if Reid caught wind of what he was doing, then he would probably die of embarrassment. He finished quickly before he tossed the tissues into the trash. He grabbed more tissues and pressed them into Reid's hands and lifted Reid's hands to his face. Reid half heartedly wiped at his nose tiredly while his breathing turned labored.

"Alright, I think that it's time to get some rest," Hotch explained as he gripped Reid's shoulders gingerly and lowered him down on the bed. Reid shifted a bit to get comfortable, but then let out a small sigh and drifted off into a congested filled sleep.

Hotch watched him for a while before he decided that he was just being creepy. He quickly changed and brushed his teeth before he headed back into the room and turned off the light, hoping for a peaceful night.

To Be Continued....

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2019 at 10:54 PM, Wolfwings22 said:

I totally feel that. I spend nearly the entire day today trying to force myself to get anything done. Anyway, I’m glad that you enjoy it. It’s certainly a joy to write and it makes my day to see that other people enjoy them as much as I do!

It’s just a small update between my leadership training and my summer classes. I’ll try to write more tomorrow, but I hope that this is good enough until them. Let me know what you think and I hope you enjoy!

"Whadt," Reid echoed as if the first time that Hotch had said it hadn't sunken in yet.

Hotch offered a rare smile. It wasn't often that he actually puzzled the young profiler and by something so simple. "I think that you have allergies Reid."

"Budt, I've never had allergies before," Reid argued quickly, his mind still reeling. 

"I talked to Garcia and did my own research. They can develop quite suddenly, especially in a condition that you're not used to. The pollen counts and ragweed in Georgia is unbelievable high this time of year. I believe that that is what has been giving you so much trouble," Hotch explained.

Just the mention of allergies got his nose to tickle once more. He tired rubbing at it before he realized what was going to happen again. This time he had enough sense to grab a handful of tissues and bring them to his nose quickly. He waited a moment before he pitched forward into the tissues. "ItCSH! ItcSH! ItCHs! ItcSh! ItcSh! Ihh....hih...."

Reid waited for a moment with his mouth slightly parted and nostrils flaring madly. He knew how stupid he looked and it didn't help when Hotch moved from his bed to Reid's bed and stretched out a hand and grasped the wet and sticky tissues and threw them away for Reid before grabbing another handful and passing them over to Reid. Reid took them reluctantly, but he couldn't just not take them with his sneezes being as messy as they were.

"IcSHS! IrCSh! IrCSH! IcsHS! ItSCh! ItrSH!"

"Bless you," Hotch told him with he kept his arm braced around him to help keep him upright. "Are you alright?"

Reid was more than embarrassed as he managed a tiny nod. "Yeah, I'b fide. Allergies you thignk?"

Hotch struggled not to chuckle when he saw the conflict assaulting Reid as he contemplated everything that he needed to say to convince Reid that he didn't need to be embarrassed about. "I'm almost certain. You only have mild respiratory symptoms as well as no fever or body aches and no cough. I'm almost certain that it's just allergies to something that you're not used to."

"Whadt can I do aboudt id? I cand't be on the field like this," Reid fretted as he felt his heart leap into his chest.

Hotch nodded thoughtfully. "I know. As soon as everything opens in the morning we'll get you some allergy medication, the nondrowsy kind. It might not eliminate your symptoms, but it should curb them for a while."

Reid took it all in as he parked his jaws in an effort to take in a few raspy breaths. He suddenly lifted his hands over his face and pitched forward. "IsrH! IrcSH! IcHS! IsSH! ItcSH! IrcSH! IrcSHs!"

Reid nodded for a second before the onslaught continued. "IcsH! IrCSHs! IcrSH! IrCSh! IcsHS!"

"Bless you again," Hotch added as he reached for the tissues as Reid kept his hands clamped over his face. Hotch waited for him to pull them away, but his eyes started to flicker and close in exhaustion. "Reid."

Reid murmured something softly before Hotch made a split second decision. He pulled out some tissues in one hand and used the other to grasp Reid's hands and pulled them from his face. Reid sniffled heavily as tendrils of snot detached from his nose and settled on his hands, which he laid palms up on his legs. His head was slightly lolling forward with his eyes starting to close once more.

Hotch took the tissues and started to clean off Reid's hands as quickly and thoroughly as he possibly could. He knew that if Reid caught wind of what he was doing, then he would probably die of embarrassment. He finished quickly before he tossed the tissues into the trash. He grabbed more tissues and pressed them into Reid's hands and lifted Reid's hands to his face. Reid half heartedly wiped at his nose tiredly while his breathing turned labored.

"Alright, I think that it's time to get some rest," Hotch explained as he gripped Reid's shoulders gingerly and lowered him down on the bed. Reid shifted a bit to get comfortable, but then let out a small sigh and drifted off into a congested filled sleep.

Hotch watched him for a while before he decided that he was just being creepy. He quickly changed and brushed his teeth before he headed back into the room and turned off the light, hoping for a peaceful night.

To Be Continued....

I love this so freaking much ❤️

On 8/27/2019 at 8:22 PM, 2SHY222 said:

😍😍😍😍 I absolutely love this 

I’m so glad!

On 8/29/2019 at 10:48 PM, spicy said:

I love this so freaking much ❤️

Awe thanks to much! I’m so glad that you love it so much!

I managed to find sometime to write another part of the story. I hope you guys enjoy it and let me know what you think!

"Itcxxh! Itxxxh! Itchxxh! Itcxxxh!"

Hotch awoke to the sound of harsh, stifled sneezes. They sounded exceptionally painful and he wasn't overly found of the groan and quick sniffling that he heard afterwards.

He slowly sat up to realized that Reid wasn't in his bed. Hotch was on his feet in a moment and what added to his terror was that it was only four in the morning; three hours earlier than their wake up call. He looked around the room for a swift second before even more stifled sneezes sounded.

"Ichxxxh! Itxxxh! Itchxxxh! Itrxxxh! Itrxxxh!"

Hotch stopped by the closed bathroom door where he could make out a sliver of light from under the bathroom door. Hotch sighed as he tapped on the door with a closed fist. "Reid."

There was slight shuffling before a voice rose up. "I'b fide!"

It took everything in Hotch not to snap at the youngest member of the team. He took in a heavy breath and let out out through his mouth. "Reid, will you please open the door?"

"I-I'll be oudt in a second," Reid offered hurriedly with a few more sniffles sounding before he was unable to stop the raging itch from making itself known. "IrcSHs! Ircxxxh! Itrcxxxh! Itrcxxh!"

Hotch was running out of patience. He set his jaw and tried once more kindly before he would use his power to his advantage. "No, Reid. You need to open the door now and we'll talk now. Alright? Don't make me ask again."

After what felt like a lifetime, the door unlocked and Reid scrambled back to his corner of the bathroom, almost tucked beside the toilet. In the slight light Hotch stepped in to see Reid with his eyes puffy and nose and eyes practically streaming. Hotch would be lying if he said that Reid didn't look a little disgusting, but he wasn't about to confess that. Reid couldn't help it and right now Reid reminded Hotch so much of little Jack.

"I'b sorry I woke you," Reid snuffled as he rubbed a hand against his clogged right nostril as a tendril of liquid slopped onto the side of his hand and he didn't even realize it. "I was tryig to be quiedt and I jusdt couldnd't-"

Hotch raised his hand to stop him. He immediately kneeled down and took the toilet paper and tore off a few pieces. "Give me your hand."

Whether it was exhaustion or confusion, Hotch wasn't sure, but Reid stuck out his right hand. Hotch took it and wiped off the stream of snot before he threw the tissue away and Reid drew back quickly in embarrassment. "Reid, you don't need to be embarrassed or apologize. It's not your fault. You can't control allergies."

"Clearly," Reid snuffled as he sniffled repeatedly with his nose twitching. The nostrils began to flare and he instantly tore off a section of toilet paper and held it a few inches from his face, his face alit in ticklish misery. He couldn't imagine how he looked with his mouth partially open, nostrils twitching, and eyes hazy and almost closed.

Hotch noticed and raised an eyebrow. "Don't you even think about trying to hold them back. It'll cause more harm than good."

"ItcSHS!" Reid's head ducked into the toilet paper and he was almost unable to breathe as they continued to tumble out of him. "IrcSH! IRcSh! IrchsH! ICrsSH! IrcSHs! IrcSSH! IrcSHs!" A harsh sniff assisted him in the end before he reached for more toilet paper while keeping his other hand clamped tightly over his face.

Hotch beat him to it and pulled some toilet paper from the roll and folded it before he handed it over to Reid. Reid took them and replaced the toilet paper over his nose and threw away the ones that he'd sneezed into. Reid blew his nose heavily before he folded the toilet paper once more and blew again into it. Once he was finished, he threw it aside and leaned back with his head against the wall, his nostrils chapped and red in agitation.

"I'b really sorry aboudt all dis, Hodtch," Reid confessed once more.

Hotch sighed as he almost crawled over. "Scoot over." Reid did as he was told so that they were both almost squished by the back wall of the bathroom between the toilet and shower, their shoulders touching. "First off, I don't want to hear you apologizing for this again. It's not your fault and it will never be your fault. You can't control it. Would you suggest that I yell at Jack for the same thing?"

Shock flashed in Reid's gaze. "Of course dnot."

"Same thing here. Secondly, I don't want to hear you stifling those sneezes again. You're going to hurt yourself and I don't need that to happen. Third, I don't want you to hide like this. I don't care if you keep me up all night. It feels better to let it out then keep it in, right," Hotch pressed.

Reid thought for a moment before his head slowly bobbed up and down. "Yeah, I subbose. Id's bedder than dnot sneezig, "Reid replied with a tired shrug.

Hotch nodded thoughtfully. "Exactly. Now, how about we get you off this bathroom floor, you can clean yourself up, and then we can either watch TV or try to go back to sleep. It's whatever you want. That sound okay?" He paused when he didn't get a reaction. "Reid?"

Reid pulled more toilet paper and held it up to his nose, sucking in a massive breath before pitched forward, his body shaking against Hotch's. "IrcSH! IrcSh! IrcSSH! IrCsh! IrcCH! IreSHS! IrcsH! IrcsSH! IRcsH!"

The onslaught was desperate and painful sounding. Reid blew his nose into the wet toilet paper before he threw it away and rubbed his fingers against his aching sinuses. He couldn't help but run a wrist under his nose while his mouth opened so that he could breathe.

"Bless you," Hotch offered as he slowly stood up. He offered his hand to Reid and Reid looked down at his own hands for a moment. "It's alright, Reid. I've had worse."

Reid wasn't quite sure how this was happening, but he decided not to read too much into it. He clasped his hand with Hotch's and Hotch led him to the sink. He allowed Reid more privacy as he made his way to his bed and sat there while he listened to the sink run and Reid blow his nose a few more times. He reiterated out of the bathroom looking sullen and tired with bags under his eyes and his nostrils continued to flare with the impending need to always sneeze.

He headed over to his bed and slumped down. He sat cross legged and curled his long arms around his legs. "Ub, Hodtch?"

Hotch turned his head to glance at Reid. "Yes, Reid?"

"Thags agaidn for everythig. I really abbreciadte id, budt I dond't thingk thadt I can go back to sleeb righdt dknow," he replied, slightly embarrassed. 

"That's completely alright. Do you want to read or watch TV," Hotch offered. Truthfully he was pretty much awake too. He couldn't imagine going back to sleep.

"TV is fide," replied Reid as he laid back against the pillows in an effort to get more comfortable. He brought some tissues to his face and dapped at his eyes.

Hotch tuned onto the TV to some action movie and saw Reid's eyes start to close. Hotch knew that he would be asleep in a matter of minutes, but he continued to watch the TV past when Reid's congested snores, once again, rose up. He had to stay awake in case Reid needed anything. That was just Hotch's personality. It was what he would do for Jack, so that was what he would do for Reid.

To Be Continued......

On 9/2/2019 at 11:03 PM, ReidSeeker said:

I'm sorry I've been a bit lurk-y but I AM very much enjoying this story.  You always have good ones!

Thanks so much! I had hoped that you would enjoy it 😁

I had some free time today and I was able to write another quick part. I hope that you all enjoy it and let me know what you think! 

Finally, at around six thirty, Hotch decided that it was time to get ready for the case and to get Reid some allergy medicine. He was positive that Reid would be able to function with some medication in him, or at least he hoped that that was the case.

Hotch grabbed his suit and tie headed for the bathroom. He took a quick shower, changed into his suit, brushed his teeth, combed his slightly damp hair, and mentally prepared himself for the day. He headed back out of the bathroom and made his way back to into the room. Reid was still sound asleep and Hotch instantly felt bad waking him up.

He stretched out a hand and nudged Reid's shoulder gingery, just like how he would wake up Jack. "Reid. Reid, wake up," he murmured.

Reid lifted a hand and tried to push Hotch's hand away, but Hotch was quicker. He continued to nudge him before Reid's opened slowly. He caught sight of Hotch and sat up straight. "Oh, Hodtch!"

"Blow your nose," Hotch offered lightly as he took the box and set it beside Reid. "Then we can see about how soon we can leave and get some medicine into you."

Reid took no time in grabbing the tissues and bringing it up to his nose and giving it a soft blow. It turned into a more productive one when he couldn't stop. He rubbed harshly at both nostrils and it made a squelching noise. He set the tissues aside and blinked watery eyes at Hotch. "Thadt would be greadt," he rasped lightly.

Hotch stood up and motioned to the go bag that he had found right outside the door, probably curtesy to Morgan. "How about you get changed and then we'll head to the drug store and pick some up."

Reid was about to answer when he brought his elbow up to his nose. "IrcSH! IrcSh! ItrcHS! IrCsH! IrcsSh! IrcSH! IrcsH!"

"Bless you. I'll take that as a 'yes'," Hotch responded as he passed the tissue box even closer to Reid so that he could pull some out without leaning forward and causing his nose to run even more. 

"Thang you," Reid murmured as he took a few tissues off and blew his nose heavily. Once he was finished he grabbed his go bag and headed into the bathroom. 

Hotch waited patiently and looked over the file. It was almost a half an hour later when Reid finally emerged from the bathroom. He looked more than tired and Hotch couldn't blame him. He was feeling a little weary himself. "Are you ready," Hotch asked.

Reid opened his mouth to answer when he suddenly lifted his hands over his face heavily. He sucked in a massive breath and pitched forward suddenly and aggressively, bending him almost in half. "IrHs! IrcSHS! IrcSH! ITcSH! IcSH! IrcSH!"

"Bless you," exclaimed Hotch as he listened to Reid sniffle heavily behind him. 

Reid nodded. "Excuse be agaidn," he announced as he headed back into the bathroom. He didn't even bother to shut the door behind him. He just went straight to the sink and turned the water on. Once he had he immediately pulled some tissues from the sink and started to blow his nose heavily. He washed off his hands and his face and gave his nose another harsh blow before he washed his hands once more.

When he was finished he headed out to find Hotch waited for him. "You okay," Hotch asked.

Reid thought for a moment and gave an experimental sniff before he nodded slowly. "Ub, yeah, I guess," he replied as he continued to rub at his nose and then his eyes.

Hotch swatted his hands away quickly. "That'll just make it worse. Once we get the medicine you should start to feel better."

Reid nodded slowly as he followed Hotch out of the room. They headed into the elevator and then to the lobby. Reid instantly stiffened when he saw that the windows were open all through the lobby. He almost pressed into Hotch and Hotch tensed his jaw.

"Would you like to wait in the car," suggested Hotch. "While we gather everyone else?"

Reid managed a small nod before Morgan came out from almost out of nowhere. He clapped Reid on the back lightly. "I can go with you, considering that you left me so abruptly last night and had me a little horrified to see Rossi sleeping in the bed beside me."

"I heard that," announced Rossi from behind them.

Morgan chuckled as he looked back to Reid. "Shall we?"

Reid's cheeks flushed in embarrassment, but he couldn't ignore an offer like that, especially when he had left Morgan without so much as a note the night before. "Y-Yeah," he stammered as he walked out of the lobby with Morgan right behind.

They had only made it halfway to the car when Reid's nose had clearly had enough. He lifted a hand to his face in an effort to catch the onslaught, but they were just so powerful. "IrCSH! IrcSH! IrTcH! IrCHS! IrcSH!"

"Bless you, man. You okay," fretted Morgan as he headed to his side with his arms stretched out in case he needed to steady Reid since Reid looked like he was going to fall over at any second.

Reid glanced up from watery eyes before he pitched forward once more. "IrCHS! IrcSHS! ItcHS! IrcrhSH! IrcsH! IrtChs!"

"Bless you again," offered Morgan. This time he took Reid's arm and pulled him forward since he knew that Reid wasn't going to stop until they were at least out of the warm breeze that made his nose tickle and him sneeze so much that he wheezed for breath.

Morgan opened the door for Reid and Reid jumped into the backseat before Morgan followed. He sat beside him in the middle and decided that either JJ or Prentiss could sit in the back. He watched as Reid rubbed at his bloodshot red eyes while trying to suck back the mucus from seeping down his face.

"Should you really be rubbing at your eyes? Dosen't that make the watering and itching worse," Morgan inquired as he leaned forward to try and catch his friend's eye.

Reid blinked a few tears from his face before he quickly mopped them up. "Ub, yeah, I guess. Id jusdt idtches so buch!" He wiggled his nose around on his face and Morgan instantly wished that he could do something to help him. He just wasn't sure what to do.

Suddenly, Reid pitched forward again, this time into his elbow and tried to turn away from Morgan. "IRcSH! IrcSh! IrtChs! ItCshH! IrcSH! ItchsSH! IrcsH!"

"Dude, don't you ever stop." Morgan's voice was light and teasing, but it still made heat rush up Reid's face. Reid shrugged as Morgan clapped his shoulder. "You look tired."

"I'b ogay," Reid answered with a painful wheeze, still sniffling. "Baybe a liddle."

Morgan stretched out his arm and wrapped it around Reid's shoulders. Reid stiffened for a moment before Morgan started to pull him a bit. "Here, just lean on me for a little bit and at least close your eyes."

"Borgan, I'b ogay," Reid repeated, but he was less sure of himself this time. His head started to fall and he couldn't stop himself from resting himself on Morgan's shoulder. He blinked his eyes a bit and sniffed hard.

"Just close your eyes, Pretty Boy. It's okay. It's okay. Just rest," Morgan whispered in as much of a low and rumbling, yet comforting voice that he could manage.

Reid tried to stay awake, but his eyes were just burning and his nose was running and he just wanted to sleep and that's what he did.

To Be Continued.....

On 9/13/2019 at 3:05 PM, zen said:

aww, poor reid! i really love this fic ❤️

I’m so glad! I just can’t stop myself from torturing him just a little bit through this fic. I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of the story!

23 hours ago, 2SHY222 said:

Yay sleepy Reid resting on Morgan 😊🙌 I love this 

I’m so glad that you’re loving it! My heart melted a little bit reading this fic as well. I hope you continue to enjoy it!

So, it is like midnight and I have a paper to finish writing and yet here I am still writing this fic. 😂 Although there’s nothing wrong with taking a little break from some stuff to write this. Anyway, as midterms come up it’ll be a little hard to write, but I’ll do my best. I just love this story too much not to write it when the inspiration strikes. Let me know what you all think and thanks so much for the support that you’ve given me thus far!

Reid awoke to someone almost poking at his shoulder. He opened one eye and noticed that it was Hotch with a box in his hand. He shrugged himself away from Morgan and noticed that Hotch was standing with the door partially open at some pharmacy. He managed to look around and he recalled that it was just Morgan and Hotch.

"Where's eberyode else," Reid asked, his voice horribly congested.

Hotch reached into his pockets and brought out some tissues that he had taken. "Here," he offered, although it was more like an order. "I can hardly understand you. Blow your nose."

"You do sound like you have cotton stuck up your nose," added Morgan in amusement, trying to release some of the tension in the car.

Reid lifted a hand and pressed it against his forehead where a dull headache was starting to form. He grabbed the tissues and pressed it against his nose and blew heavily. It was a horrible honking sound that made his sinuses seem to ache even more. He blinked watery tears from his eyes as he watched Hotch pop two tablets from their container and hand them to Reid with a glass of water.

"Twenty-four hour allergy pills nondrowsy. They should help at least a little," Hotch pointed out as he watched as Reid set them in the back of his mouth and swallowed them down with water. He grimaced a bit as he handed the medicine back.

"How long does id take do work," Reid asked as he grabbed the tissues and pressed it against his drippy nose.

"About an hour," replied Morgan softly. "Hopefully we can keep you indoors long enough so that when you do go outside it'll actually work."

Reid more than was thankful for their help. He managed a small nod and lifted his hand to rub at his eyes. Hotch immediately put a stop to that as he pushed his hand aside. "What did we say about that?"

"Easy for you do say thigs dwhen your eyes aren't idtching," reported Reid a little harsher than he meant. He drew back with his cheeks burning in embarrassment. "S-Sorry."

Morgan chuckled as he nudged Reid's shoulder. "So it takes allergies to get you crabby? Good to know. Don't worry, kid. We won't hold it against you."

Reid was more than relieved when Hotch nodded in agreement. He pulled some more tissues from his pocket and handed it over to Reid. "You might need this for later," he pointed out as he shut the door and picked up his cellphone. 

In about five minutes the rest of the team gathered around and clambered back into the SUV. No one said anything to Reid and Reid was more than grateful. Morgan seemed to shoot anyone a look if they were about to say anything to Reid and Reid found himself almost hiding behind Morgan. As childish as it seemed, it actually felt good to be protected by someone, especially Morgan.

It was silent on the ride back to the precinct until Reid's nose had finally had enough waiting. Reid tried to rub at the bulb of his nose, but it just brought the tickle to the surface. Morgan saw Reid stiffen and he pressed the tissues that Hotch had given him into Reid's hands. Reid took them abruptly and pressed them against his nose as his chest sucked in a massive breath.

"IrSH! IcrcHs! IrcsH! IrcSH! ItCHS! IrcSH! ItcsH! ItcSH!" In the aftermath Reid blew his nose heavily and was at least pleased that this fit wasn't overly messy, just airy and desperate.

"Bless you, Spence," JJ exclaimed while the rest of the team murmured their own sentiments. 

Reid nodded slowly. "Thag you," Reid whispered hoarsely just as they pulled up to the precinct.

The doors opened and everyone started to file out. Before Reid could, Morgan leaned over. "Do you want to wait until the pills have kicked in," he offered.

Reid shook his head. He didn't want to be treated like an invalid when he could still work, just not without an interruption from his nose. "I'b ogay. I jusdt have to bake id quick," Reid explained as he undid his seatbelt and threw the door opened. He headed toward the precinct with Morgan right behind, steering him forward.

They headed into the precinct and Reid made his way to the back room that he had been using as a small study earlier. He was well aware of Morgan following him and he couldn't help but turn around. "You dond't have to follow be. I'b ogay dnow."

"Are you 'ogay dnow'," taunted Morgan a bit as he copied the way that Reid's stuffy voice sounded.

Reid wrinkled his nose a bit in disgust, but Morgan took the hint. "Okay, okay. If you need anything you know where to find me," Morgan announced as he headed from the room to leave Reid alone.

Reid was certainly relieved. He was grateful that everyone was concerned, but he wasn't overly found when they were all fussing over him like that so much. He needed a little bit of space and this was the only way that he could think of getting some space. He just had to focus and do the best work that he could do while he was still indoors.

"IrcSHs! IrcSH! IcsSH! IrcSH! ItrcHS! ItcsH! IrttCHS! IRcsH!"

Then there was that. Reid rubbed a wrist under his nose. He couldn't stand to actually blow his nose or use tissues if no one was watching. They weren't contagious sneezes, but they were more annoying than anyone else. 

He took the whiteboard and began to write about potential victims and perpetrators. This case was alluding him for some reason and he was beyond frustrated. He was just about to push the board away and take a break when he recalled what he had told Hotch about the signature drink. It was based off a character from Gone with the Wind and it was a Georgia thing. It wasn't well known about the state drink either, at least not unless you were really interested in drinks and even a bartender probably wouldn't be. That had to mean that it had something to do with Gone with the Wind.

Reid reached for his phone and flipped it open, dialing Garcia. "Mystic Of Machine arts here."

"Garcia, I dneed your helb," Reid began quickly.

There was a pause from the other end. "Oh, my sweet genius, what's going on with you? You sound horrible! Are you sick?"

"I really dond't have tibe for dis. Dno, I'b dnot sick, I have allergies." He took in a heavy sniff. "Adyway, I need to know about college professors in the area that have Gone with the Wind as one of their reading materials."

"Sweetie, maybe I should tell someone else that information," she suggested.

"I dond't have tibe for dis!" It wasn't much more powerful the second time that he said it. He suddenly sucked in a breath and pivoted is head away from the phone. "IrcSH! ItcSHS! IrcsH! IrcSHs! IrtcSH! ItcSH!"

"My goodness! God bless you, honey. Are you sure that you're okay?" The fear and urgency in her voice almost made Reid even more frustrated with the situation. 

This time Reid wasn't so sure. He lifted his hands to his chest as he felt it suddenly hard to breathe and he kneeled beside the table. "Garcia.....somethig....."

"Reid! Reid! I-I'm going to hang up and um call er someone!"

With that the line went dead and the world for Spencer Reid went black.

To Be Continued.....