Sneeze Fetish Forum

Spider_man rant

Esstrosa

Mcu fans are freaking out and acting like kids because disney got greedy and want 50 percent of the money on a franchise they don't own and when sony say no sony is to blame I'd wouldn't walk away I'd run away I didn't think Mcu fans where this toxic

1 hour ago, NoV said:

Thank goodness! Hopefully this clears the way for the 4th Tobey Maguire Spiderman movie...? We can but dream ;) 

Image result for tobey maguire dancing gif

Pizza time

Okay first of all, I needed that gif in my life, thank you NoV. XD

Second, I just saw a snapchat story on this and honestly I still don't... fully get what's going on? Is Tom still gonna be Spiderman for a movie or two? Either way, I'm a semi fan of the MCU and I wasn't really super upset about the news? I figured the conflict was due to money, but, my heart really belongs to Toby as Spidey. He's the one I grew up with and just feel more connected to. Not that I don't think Tom is adorable, but I also won't pitch a fit if he doesn't play him anymore. The only reason I'd be upset is if Tom was bummed out about it.

Oh damn, just caught up with this now. That would be a shame- I did love the most recent Spidey and his new MJ 😪

But I just think a Spidey film will be as good as the writing is. I hope they would again be a little bit daring and change some things. And please, fix the film on one villain only! It is always better.

Hmm, my possibilities:

Scorpion

486352-sc2.jpg

Cardiac

250px-Cardiac_on_Superior_Spider-Man_8_c

Alistair Smythe (The Ultimate Spider-Slayer)

smythealistaire5.jpg

I'm only hoping Sony doesn't do something dumb because they're fully capable of making a great Spider-Man movie without it involving the MCU. People keep telling me about the references that will wash away, but do we really need another Spider-Man movie about his relationship with Tony Stark? I loved Homecoming and really enjoyed Far from Home, but it's not like doing it in a more stand-alone style can't work. That's what making movies is all about: Working with your limits. So as long as they don't do anything silly, it should still work. 

51 minutes ago, Empathic Mystery said:

This would be a perfect time to have Spider-Man be gay

Well I won't be crying if he gets raplaced as spider_man

1 hour ago, Empathic Mystery said:

This would be a perfect time to have Spider-Man be gay

I will be so happy if Spider-Man gets to be gay. 🥰

No, I'm not.  I'm queer, and I think it would be awesome to have an LGBTQ+ Spider-Man.  I think bisexual would be what I'd want the most, but I don't trust them to do it well... it would probably just end up being straight with some sort of faint, barely-there nod to a crush he had on a guy once or something.  Gay would mean they'd have to actually acknowledge it in the story somehow, which would be awesome.

I think with the current Spider-Man, this could be difficult, since they've invested a lot of time with the current romance.  But maybe with a different incarnation.  We seem to get a new one every few years, so the next one would be a great time to consider it.

And a quick reminder that this isn't the Snake Pit, so let's hope we can all be civil about this. =D

Okay so the dealio kiddos, long story short for those not in the know, is that Disney, knowing that Spider-Man's lucrative right now, sidled up to Sony like "Hey so we know you own the rights to Spider-Man so what say we "share" custody over the child and split the production and profits for all future Spider-Man movies 50-50?" Sony was like "nah" and 'apparently' offered other arrangements but Disney wasn't having it so Marvel President Kevin Feige was like "FINE I'm not producing no more Spider-Man movies" and now there's a sever between Sony and Disney - Spider-Man movies aren't gonna have any involvement in the MCU anymore.

Sony's hoping to get a director and Tom Holland back for their planned two Spider-Man movies but they don't have a lock-in on a director yet so it's in the air. Both sides have a point - Spider-Man sells, if not in movies then in merch and Disney wanted some of that action (not like they don't own half the entertainment industry nowadays anyway but I digress). Spider-Man is Sony's golden boy so of course they're apprehensive about sharing their profits 50-50 and risk not getting any return if the movie doesn't sell well.

Now, considering that Feige produced all the MCU movies up to this point and not one of them has been a flop, that's a pretty ballsy move for Sony to deny that cross-pollination BUT the jury's out on whether they'll actually succeed without that kind of backing; Venom was.... messy but Spider-Man: Into the Spider-verse was amazing so it's hard to tell.

ALL OF THAT BEING SAID, yes, Marvel fans have a tendency to be unreasonable when they don't get their way, just like people from any miasmic fandom that can't be appeased tend to. Spider-Man not being in the MCU is just something to complain about because they already have so much but they want MORE. That's just the entitled nature of the average fan or consumer nowadays; "I want this" "I want that" "I want Spider-Man to be gay" "MORE DEADPOOL MOVIES MORE DEADPOOL MOVIES" etc. The level of satiation is never reached and it's never good enough.

2 hours ago, Red Ring of Deviancy said:

That's just the entitled nature of the average fan or consumer nowadays; "I want this" "I want that" "I want Spider-Man to be gay"

it's not "entitled" for lgbt people to want characters they love to also be lgbt. representation matters. what's really entitled is people demanding that every superhero who already exists remain exactly like they are (usually straight, white, cis, etc) until the death of the franchise, honestly. the tantrums people threw when the new spider-man was black were off the charts, it was chaos to watch.

Yeah... everybody puts all the blame on Sony.

Nobody wants to talk about how Disney wants more money, Disney is to blame. Marvel still owns the rights to Spider-Man in the comics... they sold the movie rights to Sony. Sony is not going to just hand the rights back to Marvel and Disney. Disney has one of two options if they want Spider-Man to be part of the MCU. Take an L on the solo film profits or buy Sony. Trust me I do not want that to happen. I don't want the PlayStation to become the Pre-School Station. Sony is already hurting themselves with censorship that goes beyond the ESRB. Disney would go well beyond what Sony is doing.

If Sony can crank out movies like Into the Spider-Verse, they can crank out a good stand alone Spider-Man movie again... so long as they don't meddle to much and let the director and writers have the freedom that they need.

On 8/24/2019 at 11:21 PM, megacycle said:

Yeah... everybody puts all the blame on Sony.

Nobody wants to talk about how Disney wants more money, Disney is to blame. Marvel still owns the rights to Spider-Man in the comics... they sold the movie rights to Sony. Sony is not going to just hand the rights back to Marvel and Disney. Disney has one of two options if they want Spider-Man to be part of the MCU. Take an L on the solo film profits or buy Sony. Trust me I do not want that to happen. I don't want the PlayStation to become the Pre-School Station. Sony is already hurting themselves with censorship that goes beyond the ESRB. Disney would go well beyond what Sony is doing.

If Sony can crank out movies like Into the Spider-Verse, they can crank out a good stand alone Spider-Man movie again... so long as they don't meddle to much and let the director and writers have the freedom that they need.

Yeh I hate censoreship more then anything sony better fix that with the ps5 but your right disney gets all the merchandise rights why should sony gave up the film rights that's insane peaple can't understand bisness 

fair warning, i'm an mcu fan. not one that'll start rabidly attacking anyone who speaks poorly about the mcu, but just someone who enjoys the movies and stories they create.

my only issue is really a story based one. spider man was becoming a vital part of the mcu with far from home, a vital part that was likely going to lead up to important things in the future. with the bomb they dropped in far from home i don't know how they're gonna continue on without making things awkward. i was upset at first, but i don't really have the energy to care that much anymore. i gotta admit, i love disney, but they definitely made a mistake here, and that's on them.

that's just me, though. if fans are attacking anyone, i don't condone and am not okay with it.

everyone just rank your favourite spider man movies from best to worst

Spiderman into the spiderverse 

Spiderman 

Spiderman 2

Spiderman far from home

Spiderman homecoming 

The amazing spiderman

The amazing spiderman 2

Spiderman 3

7 hours ago, Esstrosa said:

everyone just rank your favourite spider man movies from best to worst

• spiderman into the spiderverse

I actually side more with Disney on this one. Sure, they may be greedy with this, but let’s not forget how poorly Sony was handling Spider-Man which is what LED to the character finally being part of the main Marvel Cinematic Universe. We all know Spider-Man 3 was a disaster. I haven’t seen either Amazing Spider-Man movie but I’ve heard mostly negative things. 

The MCU finally did the character justice, and I also think that it’s because of how well Disney handled the character that we were able to get Venom and Into the Spiderverse (both of which I honestly thought were just ok, but most people seemed to loooove them).

Esstrosa- so you’ve shown your true colours now. Something wrong with a gay Spider-Man?

There should be no place for homophobia here.

13 minutes ago, Heathcliff said:

Esstrosa- so you’ve shown your true colours now. Something wrong with a gay Spider-Man?

There should be no place for homophobia here.

I thought he was joking 

Just a friendly reminder to keep things civil in non-Snake Pit threads! Thank you! :) 

Archived