Sneeze Fetish Forum

Coronavirus support

Heathcliff

It seems clear we are now not living in normal times, and we are seeing something unprecedented. I am worried, but trying to be sensible with it.

I think at this time we may need the forum more than ever.

Please post here and let's get through this.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heathcliff

• aggedy_ann

• Stimuli

• March Hare

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still working for now, not sure how much longer. I do'n't know how concerned I should be about this, I'm still young and my immune system isn't compromised so even if I do get the virus my chances of survival are good. I'm more concerned about my grandmother, she's 83 so she'll be more susceptible.  

6 hours ago, Chillted96 said:

I do'n't know how concerned I should be about this, I'm still young and my immune system isn't compromised so even if I do get the virus my chances of survival are good. I'm more concerned about my grandmother, she's 83 so she'll be more susceptible.  

Yeah, the problem at the moment is that people between 20 and 29 are the "super spreaders" because...

...they have more social contacts than other age-groups

...many of them don't take the virus serious

...many of them give a d*mn about rules

...they often don't get sick themselves (or have minor symptoms) and have no idea they spread the virus

In one newspaper article it was described like this: They meet in groups on the street, reach beer bottles from mouth to mouth, spend the night with their friends. Then, they go home to get some coffee or tea made by their parents or grandparents...

Edited by Hedgehog

Our entire state is basically closed. No public interaction. We have groceries and healthcare workers. Some takeout services. My family is safe, but I'm immunocompromised. This shit is real. 

@Hedgehog, I’m frustrated with the people (a lot of whom are 20-29) who decided their social wants are more important than the safety of others too.  If it’s any consolation there are a lot of us who do care and are staying put. I haven’t left my house once since coming home. We really should be acting as if there is a hurricane or tornado outside, because this is also a state of emergency.

I’m sorry if this comes off wrong—the last thing I want to do is come off as dismissive, because this is all stressful and terrifying—but we should still look for the helpers and for hope. There are people in communities who are willing to grocery shop with no-contact delivery for no additional cost, there are people who are willing to be guinea pigs for a new vaccine, health care workers who put others first, and there are many people practicing social distancing. Everyone is valid to feel the way they do right now. I can’t imagine how terrifying this is for those who are in the at-risk groups, or for those who are caring for vulnerable people right now. The best thing the average person can do is to just stay put unless there is an absolute necessity to leave and if you’re still working, to stay home when sick/wash hands frequently/take precautions to protect others. Be well, everyone. ❤️ 

There's a line from Ghost Quartet that keeps haunting me: "...and having to be alone with your stupid mind all the time!"

I've managed to maintain a tenuous grip on reality SOLELY for the grace of my two jobs. Now my two jobs are both telling me to stay home until further notice. I'm alone with my stupid mind, and I have NOTHING to complain about because I have FRIENDS and the INTERNET and BOOKS and NETFLIX and FOOD and a CAT and a PIANO and PEN&PAPER and...

...and people on the internet keep hallooing about how social distancing is GREAT...

...and sometimes I look at the clock and can't figure out the time because I have only raging chaos where my brain is supposed to be.

I'm scared all the time, and after seven days I'm now also getting scared to talk to people, because I feel myself making less and less sense.

CONFINEMENT.

ISOLATION.

Things escalated here in France so much faster than we could have expected or seen it coming.

Personally, I went from being on a week-end vacation, to being forced to go to work without co-workers (without...anyone in the building, actually, which was total nonsense) to complete lock-down. In 48 hours.

Today, I took a walk outside. I'm lucky enough to live by the sea, and I took a stroll down the beach to clear my head, try and breathe, and loosen the awful knot that has decided not to go away since it conveniently settled on my plexus last Saturday. It was brilliant!

...Until  I was arrested.

*You can walk around your home, 500m away, max. Otherwise, you'll get fined 135E.*

Oh. I thought I had found a lovely means of survival, one that made me so much better off than my fellow Parisians. Well...guess again.

Thanks for reading and sharing, all of you.

Cheers.

I asked someone from work if he knew the Madness song "Waiting for the Ghost Train"

And I had to admit - "It's not all that relevant" :D

Stay strong, my friends. Be careful, but stay calm, and care about each other. Even if it has to be done via phone or Internet. The situation is extreme, but it's temporary, it will pass. Now we take care of our elderly and immunocompromised first and foremost, and help each other out as much as we can. We're all in this together even if we're separated. We're all affected, and we'll have to rebuild the world together once this is over. 

Personally, I have no problem whatsoever with isolation and social distancing (I've lived that way voluntarily for over a decade, so I actually cope famously well with the new restrictions imposed on us here), so I can go on like this for months. I count on contracting the disease because they count for 75 % of the population here to get it, so my main goal is to keep it at bay as long as possible and when I get it, make sure I don't pass it on to anyone else. Seeing the tally of confirmed cases and the death toll rise daily, yes, it scares me. And it scares me a lot to think about those who are immunocompromised or have other health issues that puts them at high risk. But for myself, I've put that aside. I feel like I'm taking a deep breath so I can hold it while a massive wave crashes in. 

We'll get through this. Stay calm, stay informed, stay healthy. Take care of each other. ❤️

7 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Stay calm, stay informed, stay healthy. Take care of each other. ❤️

I WANT to, but I can't think of how. The internet is confusing, I have no appetite, and every time someone sends me a sweet message I start crying.

I need ONE TINY SHARD of certainty from SOMEWHERE.

My dad is ill right now but his symptoms aren't serious enough to be tested for Covid but it's making me so anxious I can't do anything for school or anything. Like it's not even the fear of dying but just a primal fear that says nope. I just hope I don't get sick. We have family who are at risk as well, so that's extra scary.

Edited by MeForever

My parents have been tested and both have come back positive. They’re isolated; I have been helping the best I can. They’re okay, my mums having a harder time of it. I’m slightly worried, I’ve been spending a lot of time with my family these past few weeks, my mum had a stroke back in January so I’ve been around them a lot, I’m on immunosuppressants so I’ve been self-isolating for a few weeks, only going out for food shopping and to help my mum. 
I have no symptoms. 

11 hours ago, March Hare said:

I WANT to, but I can't think of how. The internet is confusing, I have no appetite, and every time someone sends me a sweet message I start crying.

I need ONE TINY SHARD of certainty from SOMEWHERE.

Cant offer your certainty (would like some myself) but a virtual hug? :hug:

2 hours ago, Hedgehog said:

Cant offer your certainty (would like some myself) but a virtual hug? :hug:

Thank you :wub::hug:

:group: for everyone!

First of all, the important things: a big hug to @March Hare 💜 keep safe and strong, I am virtually at your side if you need. 

I live 30 mins from Italy, 45 mins from Milan. The situation here is dramatic. We are quarantined, all shops, all activities are shut down. Only activities open are food stores and pharmacies. My husband and I are both working from home. 
I really hope people from my country are going to be considered enough to stay home! 

Stay safe everyone and a big hug! 

I’m a lot of things.  

First, I’m in self imposed modified isolation.   I leave for work, an occasional appointment and to pick up perishables when I run out.  I don’t want to expose my patients to it nor do I want to expose my mom.   So I stay in.  

I spent the last 5 days scared out of my mind because I had one of the worst asthma exacerbation I’ve had in a long time.   Screened twice for testing and not able to get tested, but able to get an appointment for better medication.   My state is not testing.   We have a low number of cases because it’s next to impossible to get a test.

I’m a nurse.  Which means I’m exposed.  If I wasn’t last night, I will be this weekend.  Or next week.  It’s coming.  Everyone is short protective equipment because of panic buying by putting health care providers at increased risk as we take care of people acutely will with COVID-19.  The CDCs latest recommendation is that if you don’t have a mask, wear a scarf or a bandana.  I am not making that shit up.   I’m pretty sure their next recommendation is just hold your breath.   
I’m trying to work things out with school because guess what, I’ll be working more as people go out with this or are exposed and have to quarantine, although now the CDC is saying if you have mild symptoms you can still care for patients.  That’s not our policy though.  So that’s up in the air and frustrating.  
Im scared to get it because if the respiratory issues.  But I also can’t leave people without care.   For H1N1, I was a baby nurse, and that was less scary.   I’m freaking terrified of this thing, especially how mismanaged it is.   
so, yeah...right now my facility has no confirmed cases, but hey, if you can’t get a test, how do you know?  I’m likely exposed since we have patients with coughs and fevers and bringing it home to my mom with ALS.   And my question is, at what point do I stop coming home or send her somewhere else?

sorry for the length and rambling.   It’s hard to be in healthcare right now 

Edited by aggedy_ann

Be safe people. Like Chanel said- be careful, but try not to panic (I know it can be hard). We'll get through this. I'm so glad to see this community being there for each other in times like these. You're all wonderful 👏

giving my heart to all healthcare and retail workers right now. i'm helping out the social workers at my job and have had to have contact with people who are immunocompromised, elderly, and quarantined, some of whom don't entirely understand the severity and risks of a viral pandemic. i'm providing teletherapy to the rest of my own clients from home and most of our discussions have been about this alone.

my state is essentially closed down right now aside from food and medical resources, and i'm so grateful for that; so many people were continuing to shop or travel or insist on keeping unnecessary establishments open for profit. i understand the impending economic crisis, but people can't spend money if they're dead or under mandatory quarantine, either. low-level employees with no savings working for survival is one thing, and upper managers with six figures and assets scared of losing extra money is another.

i recently found out that my sister flew across the country for spring break. i'm shocked that she would be that selfish.

i keep reminding everyone that this isn't forever. the more we all follow protocol and minimize transmission, the faster we'll have the situation under control. i'm proud of the strength and compassion i've seen from others, and the ability to maintain optimism and find good news in times of crisis and uncertainty. thank you to everyone who has been making sacrifices for the sake of the greater good -- together we'll make it to the light at the end.

Numbers jumped immensely in 24 hrs in my area. 20x easily the # of confirmed infected as they are only capable of testing cases severe enough and at risk. People are starting to die here. My wife cried this morning scared to go to work for fear of this killing me, but I was already at the hospital unaware of the mass infection already there. I am a hospice worker 6 years exposed to tb. My sleeping illness could activate and kill me with this. I'm 29. I have a little one. I hope this is waking up the world...

I apologize that I don't have the energy to read this entire thread, but I just want to encourage everyone to try to stay calm as your immune system will be stronger that way. Just stay home as much as possible and wash your hands frequently with soap and water which is better than hand sanitizer. Keep in touch with friends and loved ones any way you can and offer each other strength and comfort. Try to look at this forced isolation as a time to catch up on your reading or other hobbies that you might not have had time for. Get some extra sleep or meditate.

If anyone needs to talk, please feel free to PM me.

15 hours ago, aggedy_ann said:

I’m a lot of things.  

First, I’m in self imposed modified isolation.   I leave for work, an occasional appointment and to pick up perishables when I run out.  I don’t want to expose my patients to it nor do I want to expose my mom.   So I stay in.  

I spent the last 5 days scared out of my mind because I had one of the worst asthma exacerbation I’ve had in a long time.   Screened twice for testing and not able to get tested, but able to get an appointment for better medication.   My state is not testing.   We have a low number of cases because it’s next to impossible to get a test.

I’m a nurse.  Which means I’m exposed.  If I wasn’t last night, I will be this weekend.  Or next week.  It’s coming.  Everyone is short protective equipment because of panic buying by putting health care providers at increased risk as we take care of people acutely will with COVID-19.  The CDCs latest recommendation is that if you don’t have a mask, wear a scarf or a bandana.  I am not making that shit up.   I’m pretty sure their next recommendation is just hold your breath.   
I’m trying to work things out with school because guess what, I’ll be working more as people go out with this or are exposed and have to quarantine, although now the CDC is saying if you have mild symptoms you can still care for patients.  That’s not our policy though.  So that’s up in the air and frustrating.  
Im scared to get it because if the respiratory issues.  But I also can’t leave people without care.   For H1N1, I was a baby nurse, and that was less scary.   I’m freaking terrified of this thing, especially how mismanaged it is.   
so, yeah...right now my facility has no confirmed cases, but hey, if you can’t get a test, how do you know?  I’m likely exposed since we have patients with coughs and fevers and bringing it home to my mom with ALS.   And my question is, at what point do I stop coming home or send her somewhere else?

sorry for the length and rambling.   It’s hard to be in healthcare right now 

You are a HERO. ❤️

I don't know whether that helps at all, but you truly are. What's more, whatever you do from now on, you will still be and always have been a hero for working in healthcare for even one single DAY during these ridiculous times.

If your question about your mother wasn't rhetorical: you stop visiting her now, and you call her every day (so that she can comfort you), and you tell her to stay away from people as much as possible, and so many virtual hugs.

2 hours ago, ~~~ said:

Numbers jumped immensely in 24 hrs in my area. 20x easily the # of confirmed infected as they are only capable of testing cases severe enough and at risk. People are starting to die here. My wife cried this morning scared to go to work for fear of this killing me, but I was already at the hospital unaware of the mass infection already there. I am a hospice worker 6 years exposed to tb. My sleeping illness could activate and kill me with this. I'm 29. I have a little one. I hope this is waking up the world...

You are also a goddamn hero, by the way. ❤️ 👏

It seem that my cousin and his family (including wife and kids) caught it. They're somewhat young but I'm still genuinely worried about them. :(

Everything seems to have accelerated so much here in the past week. There are now only about 3 people left in my office. I will probably go in at least on Monday as we are now so few, and being separated and careful with hand sanitizer and handwashing, that I am probably safer there than in the supermarket (where I will have to continue going else I will have no food to eat).

I'm not a religious man but at the moment I am thanking God I work in software and we can more or less work from home. My heart goes out to anyone worried about their job- and my respect goes out to anyone who works in healthcare. I have never appreciated them more.

Also I saw a heartbreaking video that was shared on the news in the UK of an urgent care nurse who had been at work for 48 hours finding that there was no fresh fruit and veg in her local supermarket because of panic buying. I know we're all scared, but please try not to do this if you don't need to - more than ever we need healthcare workers to be able to stay healthy.