Sneeze Fetish Forum

Coronavirus support

Heathcliff

I feel guilty because my friends are losing their jobs while I face the prospect of unlimited OT.  

This isolation isn’t good for me.  I can’t get ahold of my professor to talk about school.  I am so anxious about everything in chaos my anxiety is through the roof, to the point of crippling.  

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Heathcliff

• aggedy_ann

• Stimuli

• March Hare

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, aggedy_ann said:

This isolation isn’t good for me.  I can’t get ahold of my professor to talk about school.  I am so anxious about everything in chaos my anxiety is through the roof, to the point of crippling. 

Do you have any possibility to use a video chat app of some sort? We are trying this at work with Zoom and Microsoft Teams. These may not be available to you, I don't think they're free (my workplace uses them as they're more common in a software business).

As I've said I appreciate I'm luckier than most- but I am worried about my anxiety and mental health too. Being able to talk to people working from home and see their faces did make a difference, at this early stage.

If anyone wants any help to look into what might be possible or how to set it up I'm sure some of us can help.

Edit: I asked on the work chat (very general question about a friend who wanted to know about free video chat options) and someone suggested:

Skype, WhatsApp, Facetime (if Apple users)
Edited by Heathcliff
1 hour ago, Heathcliff said:

Do you have any possibility to use a video chat app of some sort? We are trying this at work with Zoom and Microsoft Teams. These may not be available to you, I don't think they're free (my workplace uses them as they're more common in a software business).

As I've said I appreciate I'm luckier than most- but I am worried about my anxiety and mental health too. Being able to talk to people working from home and see their faces did make a difference, at this early stage.

If anyone wants any help to look into what might be possible or how to set it up I'm sure some of us can help.

Edit: I asked on the work chat (very general question about a friend who wanted to know about free video chat options) and someone suggested:

Skype, WhatsApp, Facetime (if Apple users)

Right now I’m using FB messenger and twitter DMs, texts and even the old fashioned phone call.   We are trying to set up a platform like zoom or Skype for my local AA group.   

trying to reach the prof about accommodations to balance work and school since my hours will likely increase as this continues, and that is really contributing to my anxiety.  

34 minutes ago, aggedy_ann said:

We are trying to set up a platform like zoom or Skype for my local AA group.  

That sounds like a really good idea.

Someone else from work replied since I got back from the shop and mentioned Signal: https://signal.org/

I've never heard of this one and don't know anything about it, but it's good to know there are options.

34 minutes ago, aggedy_ann said:

trying to reach the prof about accommodations to balance work and school since my hours will likely increase as this continues, and that is really contributing to my anxiety.  

I don't know the details of course and I'm not asking if you don't want to say, but I would have hoped modern professors in this situation would be more open to making allowances, online or video learning, and so forth.

Edit: Sorry, didn't read this carefully - you say you can't get hold of the prof at the moment. I supposed they must be a bit swamped.

Anyway - do stay in touch.

Edited by Heathcliff
23 hours ago, aggedy_ann said:

Right now I’m using FB messenger and twitter DMs, texts and even the old fashioned phone call.   We are trying to set up a platform like zoom or Skype for my local AA group.   

Guhh, I feel for you ❤️

i found and love this thread bc it's lile everything you need to know about what's happening right now, what you need to do, why, and how to keep positive spirits through it. reading it made me feel more prepared and in control, so i'm sharing it here in case it helps someone else in a similar way ♡. it also has a bunch of activites listed that you can do from home to keep your spirits up.
https://thedeeplovecore.tumblr.com/post/612618464781352960/socialdistancing-link-to-the-article-social 

5 hours ago, aName said:

I found this thing. I don't know if it helps in any way but, here we go :)

I think that helps immensely. :)

So much anxiety is caused (for me anyway) worrying about things you simply can't control. Good to focus on what you can.

6 hours ago, aName said:

I found this thing. I don't know if it helps in any way but, here we go :)

Us3MG3x.png

Whoa, thanks so much!! That really helps me. 

I'm trying Switch Fitness Boxing to attempt to lose some weight during time spent staying at home.

The "punch detection" isn't great (well done Nintendo, you've had ages to perfect this and this is what I pay your inflated prices for) but it's still good enough if you can spare the cash.

On 3/19/2020 at 7:09 PM, Leas said:

My parents have been tested and both have come back positive. They’re isolated; I have been helping the best I can. They’re okay, my mums having a harder time of it. I’m slightly worried, I’ve been spending a lot of time with my family these past few weeks, my mum had a stroke back in January so I’ve been around them a lot, I’m on immunosuppressants so I’ve been self-isolating for a few weeks, only going out for food shopping and to help my mum. 
I have no symptoms. 

I’m 99.9% sure it’s a bad cold, but because I have had both my parents test positive, my partner, FIL and SIL will be grabbing everything I need from the outside world for the foreseeable. Definitely going to be going a bit stir crazy. I will probably be catching up on some much needed sleep! 

4 minutes ago, Leas said:

I’m 99.9% sure it’s a bad cold, but because I have had both my parents test positive, my partner, FIL and SIL will be grabbing everything I need from the outside world for the foreseeable. Definitely going to be going a bit stir crazy. I will probably be catching up on some much needed sleep! 

I just replied to you in another thread but now I saw this. Please try and stay calm. We don't know that you have it- you probably dont... but if you did, someone as young as you Leas should be able to get through it.

If you are immunocompromised, talk to your doctor. But it sounds like you're doing the right thing anyway.

23 minutes ago, Heathcliff said:

I just replied to you in another thread but now I saw this. Please try and stay calm. We don't know that you have it- you probably dont... but if you did, someone as young as you Leas should be able to get through it.

If you are immunocompromised, talk to your doctor. But it sounds like you're doing the right thing anyway.

Thanks Heath, I am immunocompromised and have been in contact with my GP since my parents positive result. I’m feeling okay, I’m chill. And have a good plan in place. Thanks for reaching out! 😊

Just now, Leas said:

Thanks Heath, I am immunocompromised and have been in contact with my GP since my parents positive result. I’m feeling okay, I’m chill. And have a good plan in place. Thanks for reaching out! 😊

Well, please keep in contact if you want. This virus has taught me what community is. :D

When our Prime Minister addresses the nation and tells us that it's our duty to our country to stop the spread of this virus, you know shit's about to hit the fan. Because our politicians NEVER speak about patriotism and duty. 

Luckily the heroic act of patriotism and duty to the nation that he referred to means to avoid other people as much as possible, which frankly is more of a reward than a sacrifice to me, but really... this feels so weird. I mean, reality literally doesn't feel real anymore. Maybe that's why I am so calm. It's like all that nervous fear-based energy I've had my whole life just went poof when an actual danger presented itself and I feel like "okay, here it is, now it's down to business." (And "down to business" apparently means "staying home and hoping for the best"). I'm coping very well with the restrictions in place and I'll be fine with further and more invasive restrictions as well; I like being told what to do in no uncertain terms, and being alone is kind of my hobby. As long as I'm not recruited into helping out in health care, I'll cope just fine. That kind of heroism is something I could never do, and I applaud every single one of those who put their own safety on the line to help the rest of us. 

15 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

When our Prime Minister addresses the nation and tells us that it's our duty to our country to stop the spread of this virus, you know shit's about to hit the fan. Because our politicians NEVER speak about patriotism and duty. 

Luckily the heroic act of patriotism and duty to the nation that he referred to means to avoid other people as much as possible, which frankly is more of a reward than a sacrifice to me, but really... this feels so weird. I mean, reality literally doesn't feel real anymore. Maybe that's why I am so calm. It's like all that nervous fear-based energy I've had my whole life just went poof when an actual danger presented itself and I feel like "okay, here it is, now it's down to business." (And "down to business" apparently means "staying home and hoping for the best"). I'm coping very well with the restrictions in place and I'll be fine with further and more invasive restrictions as well; I like being told what to do in no uncertain terms, and being alone is kind of my hobby. As long as I'm not recruited into helping out in health care, I'll cope just fine. That kind of heroism is something I could never do, and I applaud every single one of those who put their own safety on the line to help the rest of us. 

I saw the speech too and I was positively surprised by him and his speech. 

I've always seen him as the toothless shark (shark in a positive meaning) of what his party used to be, but when he braved through such loaded words like duty and patriotism I almost got goosebumps. 

He is capable of being determined, tough and direct when crisis truely strikes. 

Aside from that, you and I (and all the others struggling but staying at home) are heroes all the same. We uphold the social distancing guidelines (albeit, let's face it. Where we live, we're by culture, weather and geography socially distancing already 😏

I myself found great joy in working from home (I don't have to spend money on transportation and other stuff), my fridge is filled to the brim and my lazy a$$ can work in my own tempo as I don't have colleagues or bosses breathing down my neck 🤣

My worry is now with those less fortunate, those with preexisting conditions, the elderly, those who work in areas which are now heavily hit by the economy and those who work in the health care sector. 

My only inconvenience is that I kinda need a haircut but some of the barber shops are closed, the rest are either very busy or far away. Looking into how to cut my own hair haha

50 minutes ago, aName said:

He is capable of being determined, tough and direct when crisis truely strikes. 

Oh yeah, he's great in a crisis, he has the ability to keep his head cool and take advice from the experts. He's not pretentious or inserts himself into things. That's what makes him weak in a day-to-day political climate, because he has no charisma whatsoever. But in a crisis he's a voice of reason. Can you fucking imagine having Uffe or Jimmie for Prime Minister right now? Or Anna K-B!? Oh perish the thought. 🙄 

55 minutes ago, aName said:

let's face it. Where we live, we're by culture, weather and geography socially distancing already 😏

AND THIS IS WHY I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT COULD SPREAD SO FAST!!! Apparently rich people slabber all over each other. Because did you notice? It's the privileged who brought it home with them. Not the refugees or immigrants. Maybe that's why our dear alt right has been so quiet lately. 😂

1 hour ago, aName said:

My worry is now with those less fortunate, those with preexisting conditions, the elderly, those who work in areas which are now heavily hit by the economy and those who work in the health care sector. 

Same here. We know many more are going to die and that's just a terrible, horrific thing to just have to stand around and wait for. It seems like anyone can get very, very sick even if they have no preexisting conditions. It seems so extremely... random, how it strikes. It doesn't matter who it is, of course, everyone has their loved ones who will be crushed to lose someone. But it is odd how a 90-year-old can get very light symptoms and recover within a week, while a 21-year-old with no preexisting conditions ends up in ICU. And I can't even begin to imagine how terrifying it must be to work in health care right now. Oh my God. Talk about true heroes.  Financially, we're gonna have to rebuild our entire economic infrastructure once this is over anyway, and the stimulus package looks good all things considering. Fair. It's gonna be rough for a lot of people, if not most, but I honestly think they'll be able to cushion the fall quite well. Never liked our Minister of Finances before, but she has REALLY done a fantastic job with this, and they're still open to throwing more money at the problem. I think we're going to get through this reasonably well as a country, depending on how long it lasts and how flat we can get that curve, of course. And how well we can look out for each other (while keeping our social distance, of course). AND SHARE OUR FUCKING TOILET PAPER!!! One thing bugs me still though, why is there not enough information in other languages? We are a multi-cultural society which we all are aware of, lots of people don't understand the language very well, so why is it so damn hard to get the basic information out in a few more languages? This is not the time to do the "if you're gonna live here you learn the language" spiel, this is an urgent matter of life and death, so use fucking PICTURES until you can get a decent translator, then! 😠 

1 hour ago, aName said:

My only inconvenience is that I kinda need a haircut

Why? You're social-distancing, my dude. Who's gonna see your new and improved flow of hair? ^^ I bet that within a week or two, we'll be in actual lockdown. I don't think they want to let people go on Easter vacations, but they can't announce that too soon because then people will plan ways to sneak out anyway. 

You will get through this!! Im a sped art and Ela teacher so i tell grown kiddos this who looked to me for guidance since we now do remote learning. 

You will get through this.!!! I have to tell myself this because while i teach, im going through grad school and while my head is spinning i can give up. And neither should you!!💜💜💜💜💜

There's a lot you can do. You can learn a new language...you can watch that movie you been meaning to. Loads. Also you can use google hangouts. Duo...and other video chat platforms. If you need to talk..

My inbox is wide open. 

It did make me (grimly) laugh that Boris Johnson clearly wanted so much to be Prime Minister - now he gets it, and along comes the virus, and he must have thought to himself "Oh you've got to be kidding me!!"

First day of proper home-working for me. Our IT department have given me a great laptop which doesn't work. I suppose I can use it as a doorstop.

New York goes on lockdown, and 190 direct flights are booked to Florida. The utter selfishness of people trying to get around the rules is baffling. 

3 hours ago, Spoo said:

New York goes on lockdown, and 190 direct flights are booked to Florida. The utter selfishness of people trying to get around the rules is baffling. 

:twitch: dafuuuuuuq

My neighbour did a shop for me. I now have groceries for a week and oh my god I am so overwhelmed by this kindness. :heart:

4 hours ago, Spoo said:

I'm being expected to go to my job in a furniture factory - who are still open because they are a manufacturer, so the lockdown doesn't apply to them - and clean round an office full of staff who are not going to be 2 metres apart.

Told them I'm not going so now won't be paid. Oh well. I'd rather lose my job than my life. I'm a part time carer for an elderly woman who can't shop for herself, has no internet access and will need stuff doing, so I don't want to put her at risk either.

Well done SB.. I am sure you have made the right decision ...Your consideration to the woman you part-time care for is admirable  We will beat this .. stay safe and keep strong

x      

On 3/23/2020 at 9:44 PM, Chanel_no5 said:

Oh yeah, he's great in a crisis, he has the ability to keep his head cool and take advice from the experts. He's not pretentious or inserts himself into things. That's what makes him weak in a day-to-day political climate, because he has no charisma whatsoever. But in a crisis he's a voice of reason. Can you fucking imagine having Uffe or Jimmie for Prime Minister right now? Or Anna K-B!? Oh perish the thought. 🙄 

AND THIS IS WHY I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT COULD SPREAD SO FAST!!! Apparently rich people slabber all over each other. Because did you notice? It's the privileged who brought it home with them. Not the refugees or immigrants. Maybe that's why our dear alt right has been so quiet lately. 😂

Same here. We know many more are going to die and that's just a terrible, horrific thing to just have to stand around and wait for. It seems like anyone can get very, very sick even if they have no preexisting conditions. It seems so extremely... random, how it strikes. It doesn't matter who it is, of course, everyone has their loved ones who will be crushed to lose someone. But it is odd how a 90-year-old can get very light symptoms and recover within a week, while a 21-year-old with no preexisting conditions ends up in ICU. And I can't even begin to imagine how terrifying it must be to work in health care right now. Oh my God. Talk about true heroes.  Financially, we're gonna have to rebuild our entire economic infrastructure once this is over anyway, and the stimulus package looks good all things considering. Fair. It's gonna be rough for a lot of people, if not most, but I honestly think they'll be able to cushion the fall quite well. Never liked our Minister of Finances before, but she has REALLY done a fantastic job with this, and they're still open to throwing more money at the problem. I think we're going to get through this reasonably well as a country, depending on how long it lasts and how flat we can get that curve, of course. And how well we can look out for each other (while keeping our social distance, of course). AND SHARE OUR FUCKING TOILET PAPER!!! One thing bugs me still though, why is there not enough information in other languages? We are a multi-cultural society which we all are aware of, lots of people don't understand the language very well, so why is it so damn hard to get the basic information out in a few more languages? This is not the time to do the "if you're gonna live here you learn the language" spiel, this is an urgent matter of life and death, so use fucking PICTURES until you can get a decent translator, then! 😠 

Why? You're social-distancing, my dude. Who's gonna see your new and improved flow of hair? ^^ I bet that within a week or two, we'll be in actual lockdown. I don't think they want to let people go on Easter vacations, but they can't announce that too soon because then people will plan ways to sneak out anyway. 

Omg if Jimmie were to be PM *shivers*! 🤣 In press interviews, he would have this buck-eyed, sweaty look while repeating "I don't have the numbers" in his typical "Skåne" accent x)

Good lord yes! I noticed that the local alt-right has been silent as mice lately! :o could it be that... The people that stuff theit pockets... Are the ones who brought it here? *shocked pikachu face*

Furthermore, I have a personal bounty on all them upper middle class families if they decide to go travel during easter. That would set my already boiling piss aflame! "Oh but buubuu needs his skeeing with his grandparents! Or else he gets upset!" 

Park yo' damn Audi in the garage and teach your kids some damn survival techniques instead! 

Anyway, I got carried away :D