Sneeze Fetish Forum

Team Piñata/DissociaDID scandal

Beatris

Oh God, I didn't think this would blow up like that! Thank you for all of your comments, for sure it made everything clear! Thank you also @White Rose for sharing, it is so deeply appreciated. It is so important to spread awareness about stigmatized and misunderstood topics like DID. 

I don't often post here because I'm scared and self-conscious but getting so much feedback and responses made me feel more secure within the community. Thank you again ❤

Hey, all. @Beatris, thank you for raising this topic. 

Just as a re: why wasn't anything done before this, I wanted to give some insight. I was on the staff at the time the Dipper comic (which was taken down shortly after its debut) was posted, and at that time it wasn't clearly stated to be against the rules to post U13 animation. Until May of 2017, the official forum rule was: 

Video Clips and Artwork of animated characters i.e. cartoons, etc - Clips and artwork involving characters of any age maybe posted, linked or directed to, though the rules regarding sexualisation of underage people (stated below) still apply.

And then it was changed twice afterwards. Now there is an absolutely zero tolerance policy of posting any fetish content involving a person (including fictional and animated characters) on this forum outside of the Youth Board. Please be assured that the staff is discussing this situation, and that we are taking it seriously. I'm looking for all of the posts discussed in-thread. The safety of all of our members is our top priority.

Just as a general aside, we always appreciate reports from our members. We as the staff do our best to be vigilant, but we all have other commitments and may not see posts right away. Sometimes it's only by receiving reports from members that particular situations can be investigated. We also are looking to take down old posts that no longer follow forum rules. 

This is just my personal opinion and not a reflection of the staff, but I imagine underage content was somewhat normalized. Maybe it was justified by "well, the fetish itself is weird, who am I to judge?" or the layer of anonymity helped to make it seem more acceptable. As a teenager, I didn't recognize any issues with discussing intimate topics with adults, or with adults posting content containing children/minors/etc. It seems like the rules have changed for the better, and I hope this will help to create a healthier community. Now the age of registration for the forum is 18, no U18 content is permitted on the main boards, and even the combined RP board has been removed. 

Please don't hesitate to use the report and/or contact us feature, or to PM a staff member directly with any concerns or questions. 

3 hours ago, Cecilia said:

This is just my personal opinion and not a reflection of the staff, but I imagine underage content was somewhat normalized. Maybe it was justified by "well, the fetish itself is weird, who am I to judge?" or the layer of anonymity helped to make it seem more acceptable.

It definitely was! And there's so much content featuring character who are 15-17 years old that I at least find it perfectly understandable that the staff kinda has to rely on the rest of us to spot them. I'm sure the majority of the content was about adults but if feels like the underage content was very dominant back in the day and if someone had a problem with that, or with adults posting about kids, they didn't protest very loudly at least. 

I just found out about all this. I've followed DissociaDID for a little while now and followed TeamPinata a bit too. My jaw hit the floor when I heard the fetish get mentioned. I'm kind of anxious about how many people are finding out that it exists and that people might remember it. Also, I'm very worried about DissociaDID because they had a close-call suicide attempt recently and have been struggling with the Trisha Paytas drama...

Thank you all so much for your support! It means the world! It is very personal to open up about DID, and there is so much stigma surrounding it, so it’s always a little nerve wracking. Thank you for being so receptive and supportive! ❤️ You truly don’t know how much it means to me!  I know our communities will recover from this, but it is undoubtedly damaging to both. 

Archived