• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PennyLane

• Privatedancer

• ID2006

• EveP

Yaay they came back.. but then we have ANOTHER CLIFFHANGERR??? 😱😭NOOOO! Am waiting with patience and hope for what's to come in the future. Thank you so much for taking the time to update, your writing is truly spectacular~😁😌

Wow!! I didn’t think Emma would go that far. I thought she would give him a day to think about his actions and talk to him the next day, but to still go while upset and having a cold?! I’m not sure if that’s more dedication or stubbornness, but it was impressive. And the sneezes were an added bonus. Magnificent work, can’t wait to see how it turns out.😘

• 1 month later...

gahhh i’m still waiting patiently for my favorite story to be updated. The way you write thomas’s allergies is so good

28 minutes ago, dominchoo said:

gahhh i’m still waiting patiently for my favorite story to be updated. The way you write thomas’s allergies is so good

Me too. I hope all is well with Pennylane.

• 4 weeks later...

Damn, this story is adorable. I love the characters and I'm devastated I found it before it was complete because now I have to WAIT!! Awesome work :D

It has been two months since we last heard from PennyLane. A talented writer, lets not forget how amazing her stories are, and keep her in our thoughts and prayers, hopefully she will return soon~!! 🤗🤗🤗

Ok ok ok, I'm done lurking lmao.

Hey yall! I'm alive and well. I usually don't post updates like this but i feel bad watching yall worry so here i am. Being that i am an actual college student, I've been super busy between classes and my job and my birthday was two days ago and extracurriculars and yada yada. The semester will be over soon, so my hope/plan is to finish out this story arch during the holiday break.

Speaking of which, this story arch is coming to a close, so the next two chapters or so will be kinda plot based. I always feel bad posting more plot story than sneeze cause i feel like some people are just here for that sneezy goodness. But i promise once I've started the next plot line it'll get more slice of life kinda.

So uh, yeah. Thank yall for your patience, and I'll update when i can!

8 minutes ago, PennyLane said:

Hey yall! I'm alive and well. I usually don't post updates like this but i feel bad watching yall worry so here i am. Being that i am an actual college student, I've been super busy between classes and my job and my birthday was two days ago and extracurriculars and yada yada. The semester will be over soon, so my hope/plan is to finish out this story arch during the holiday break.

Speaking of which, this story arch is coming to a close, so the next two chapters or so will be kinda plot based. I always feel bad posting more plot story than sneeze cause i feel like some people are just here for that sneezy goodness. But i promise once I've started the next plot line it'll get more slice of life kinda.

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!! I'm so glad you're alright.🤗😇😊

I don't know what I did, but the previous empty post wasn't supposed to happen.

PennyLane, I'm so happy that you're well. I hope you had a great birthday despite being super busy.

When it comes to stories, I can only speak for myself, but I love a goid story - sneezing or no sneezing. As I've mentooned before, I'd rather read a good story with a little sneezing than a bad one with lots of it.

Take care and update when you can. 💚

On 11/11/2021 at 5:22 PM, PennyLane said:

I’m just glad you’re okay! good luck with school and work (and happy belated bday!!)

don’t worry about “non sneeze” chapters! I think I speak for most of us when I say that your writing is enough to keep me coming back ❤️

Yes!  So happy to see that all is well, and glad to hear there are going to be future updates to look forward to!!  This story is one of my absolute favs!  Really love your writing style, characters, sneeze spellings, and basically the whole universe you created.  

On 11/11/2021 at 4:31 PM, Kolen said:

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!! I'm so glad you're alright.🤗😇😊

thank you!

On 11/11/2021 at 11:45 PM, EveP said:

I don't know what I did, but the previous empty post wasn't supposed to happen.

PennyLane, I'm so happy that you're well. I hope you had a great birthday despite being super busy.

When it comes to stories, I can only speak for myself, but I love a goid story - sneezing or no sneezing. As I've mentooned before, I'd rather read a good story with a little sneezing than a bad one with lots of it.

Take care and update when you can. 💚

awe you're so sweet, I try really hard in this story so I'm glad you're enjoying it

On 11/14/2021 at 12:18 PM, dominchoo said:

I’m just glad you’re okay! good luck with school and work (and happy belated bday!!)

don’t worry about “non sneeze” chapters! I think I speak for most of us when I say that your writing is enough to keep me coming back ❤️

aghhh thank you! the sneeze will go on, just after I've tied up this arch

On 11/14/2021 at 3:36 PM, Dgrayman said:

This story is amazing. And I want more. But your life takes the lead. Take your time!

sometimes life leaves no room for sneeze, but we persevere lmao

On 11/15/2021 at 8:57 AM, DanniSneeze said:

Yayyy! Glad you're back, and happy birthday!

🥳🥳

21 hours ago, funbusej said:

Yes!  So happy to see that all is well, and glad to hear there are going to be future updates to look forward to!!  This story is one of my absolute favs!  Really love your writing style, characters, sneeze spellings, and basically the whole universe you created.  

I can't believe someone likes my story enough to call it one of their favs, what a compliment. thank you!

A flashback

The door of the dorm had just closed. Emma’s journal hung limp in her hand. Outside, the sounds of Thomas’s retreating footsteps resonated through the thin walls. The silence that remained weighed hauntingly on the female’s shoulders. He was… gone.

Thump

Knees gave out and pulled Emma to the floor. Her frame trembled. Small sobs and hitches bubbled out, prompting the most pathetic, congested noises Emma had ever had the displeasure of hearing. Sinuses rivaled the tear ducts for who could flood her face faster. In leu of a tissue, the damp towel around her body would have to do. The towel had been rendered completely useless when Emma heard a knock at the door.

Knock knock “Hello? Emma dear?”

sniffle h-hello? Who is it?”

“It’s Nana, angel. Thomas sent me a list of some more things you might need to help with your   cold.”

A robe was hastily thrown around the cold ridden body as it walked toward the door. The noise Nana made upon seeing Emma’s state screeched in her ears.

“Good heaven’s child! What are you doing walking around naked with a cold like yours?! You’ll catch pneumonia at this rate! Where is that boy of mine? He should be taking better care of you than to leave you like- “.  That’s when Nana noticed that the sniffles and red eyes weren’t from any cold, they were from something deeper. “Oh. Oh no sweetheart come here; tell me what happened.”

A new pair of warm pajamas (gifted by Nana) warmed her clammy skin. The two women set up in the middle of the room, with Emma sitting on the ground in a nest of blankets, and Nana in a chair behind her helping to brush out her wet, knotted hair. The more Emma talked about what happened, the more she seemed able to accept the situation for what it was- now the event hung on two pairs of shoulder instead of one.

“And I just… I don’t know what to do. He’s wrong for reading my journal, and I feel like I can’t trust him but… I can’t bring myself to be mad at him. It’s all so complicated. I feel like I can’t forgive him, but I can’t let it go either. I’m so confused.”

“Acknowledging your feelings is always the first step. Once you’ve come to terms with that, start trying to acknowledge his feelings.”

“That’s just the thing, Nana, I don’t know what he was thinking. Why would he read my journal; he knows me better- I know him better than to do that.”

“People are dynamic. You are never the same day to day. You change constantly, daily with every new experience. You have to give him the same grace when he changes, as you do yourself. Who’s to say what the boy was thinking, because you’re right, it’s not in his character. But you and I know that this isn’t like him. He wouldn’t have done this without a reason.”

“Yeah…”

Her hair was now fully brushed and almost completely dry. Nana rose to put the brush away and went to set the bags on supplies down on Emma’s desk.

“Nana?”

“Yes, angel?”

“I don’t want to be alone right now, could you stay with me for a little while? Only if you can! We can watch a quick movie then you can go.”

“I have a better idea.”

.               .               .

The cottage was just how she remembered it, although she wished she could smell the sweet cakes and bread that adorned the countertops. Nana’s home felt like the color yellow, outshined only by the keeper of the house herself.

Emma felt a little strange still in her pj’s, but Nana ushered her to the living room couch without thought and began cooking a soup for lunch.

“I don’t like the sound of your voice, dear. It’s getting worse by the minute”

“I’ll be fine. Remember what you agreed to: no fever all day, and I can go to the gala.”

“Do you feel like you’re ready for it?”

Emma put down her spoon in thought. Tonight was already such a big deal in her mind, the fact that it’s grown to these large proportions is ludicrous.

“Nana, how do you know when you’re ready to forgive someone?” At the kitchen table, the elderly lady looked so serene eating her soup. Looking around, Emma realized that Nana herself matched all the soft décor strewn along the walls.

“That’s not really an easy question to answer.” She looked down at the two bowls and rose to fill them both with another helping, along with some fresh baked bread. “Some events we never receive closure, or an apology, or even just the person acknowledging they have hurt you. Those are the times when healing is long and painful. Healing yourself alone from a wound created by two is no simple task”.

Emma watched from her quilt covered chair while the matriarch came back to the wooden table.

“But you, my darling, you can recover from this. Let Thomas talk to you, really talk. If he is sorry, let him express it. If he is also hurt, let him be heard. You’ll know when he is truly sorry. Then it’ll be your turn to be vulnerable and make the choice to accept him back”.

The rest of the soup was eaten lovingly.

hihhhh-hitshewww!! Snfff

“I really don’t like the sound of that. The gala is in two hours, that’s hardly enough time for you to recover still.”

“We have a deal… give me the thermometer”. Emma’s voice was hardly recognizable. Her usual caramel voice was replaced with frogs and gravel. What little ability she did have left was fading fast.

Nana begrudgingly placed the stick of plastic under the hot tongue and waited for the beep. For once in her life she hoped for a fever, if only to keep Emma in bed.

*Beep beep* “…99.6”

“Not a fever.”

Yes, but it’s still-“

“It’s not a fever. I’ll get my dress from the car.”

She couldn’t tell if the blush was from the “not fever”, rising nerves from the night to come, or the thought of Thomas seeing her like this…but standing in front the mirror, Emma never felt so beautiful. The dress fit just as wonderfully as it had the day at the shop, and somehow Nana had used every makeup pallet in her collection to paint Emma the picture of health…besides the rosy cheeks. Even the hastily done hair up-do looked professionally done. For an inexperienced college student and an elderly woman, they hadn’t done half bad.

“You know I’d be sad to take it all off you now, but you can still stay here with me if you’re not feeling well.”

Emma’s voice was completely gone; all she could do was give Nana a solemn smile and hug her before walking out the door toward the Soliel mansion.

Wow she’s as stubborn as a mule. It’s impressive if nothing else. But it definitely adds to the story as to why she came to the gala with a cold like that. I’m looking forward to the next update. 😍🥰😘