Sneeze Fetish Forum

How often does the average person sneeze??

Chanel_no5

How often DOES the average person sneeze, really? Some sources online says three times a day, which sounds like A LOT to me. So I thought I'd log how many times I sneeze over the course of one week. Then I thought, wouldn't it be fun if others did too, so we have some kind of unscientific science going here. :lol:  I think @army-girl logged every sneeze over a whole year, but I don't think that would be practical. At least if you want to induce at some point. :P So I was thinking more short-term. 

Join in if you want. Full weeks and only natural sneezes; inducing doesn't count, because I say so. :mf_tongue: :lol:  

Sounds like fun.  Knowing me I have a good chance of forgetting but I am going to try!

I was actually going to start it several weeks ago, but WOULDN'T YOU KNOW IT that's the week I came down with a cold. And that was definitely not representative of my normal sneeze pattern, so I had to wait it out. And then I kinda forgot until now. :lol: 

Awesome! :thumbsup: 

3 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

three times a day, which sounds like A LOT to me.

this is hilarious to me because i hear this and im like "what is this, amateur hour?"  :lol: this past spring was insanely brutal for me.

i am not going to participate even though i am an outlier who shouldn't be counted even on a regular day, the injury i incurred recently makes it hurt so bad to sneeze that even when i feel the sensation unless it is extremely intense it is often scared away by my instant fear response lmao. at some point when i'm more healed up maybe i'll remember to do this, because it is interesting!

4 minutes ago, jejune said:

this is hilarious to me because i hear this and im like "what is this, amateur hour?"  :lol: this past spring was insanely brutal for me.

Ah, yes, I'm thinking average number of sneezes when someone isn't having allergies or a cold. :lol:  That's why I didn't count the week I had a cold, because I sneezed way more than I do on the regular. I mean, I don't want to tell anyone to NOT participate for that reason, but it would be awesome to have a note going with it that "I had a cold/allergies", and see the difference between the amount of sneezes in one of those weeks compared to a non-allergy/cold week. I don't even know if I made any sense there, I hope you got the gist of it. 

6 minutes ago, jejune said:

the injury i incurred recently makes it hurt so bad to sneeze that even when i feel the sensation unless it is extremely intense it is often scared away by my instant fear response lmao

Oh shit, I'm so sorry! Yeah, totally get that you want to avoid it until you've healed up. I hope you recover quickly. Absolutely jump in whenever you want. ^_^ 

Maybe twice a day on average for me but it depends on how much I'm outside. I have a decent photic sneeze response so can often sneeze 2-3 times in a row if I put my mind to it.

Between two and four times a day, so I suppose the average is three. Always singles, almost never with build ups. 

Hi. I suppose it highly depends in the individual really. Some sneeze at least 100 times a day while some dont sneeze for days. I would say 2 is the average. People who sneeze seldom have the nicest wettest sneezes in my observations. My old girlfriend was one of those types. 

I go days without sneezing so maybe my average is like once a week. Always singles. Recently I noticed that I went a long time, maybe close to 3 weeks, without even sneezing once.

Its hard to believe that the average person sneezes once or more than once a day. There are people I see very often, and for extended periods of time, and I either never hear them sneeze or it is quite rare. People with allergies sneeze more of course. Even at specific times of the day such as after waking up.

23 hours ago, EveP said:

Between two and four times a day, so I suppose the average is three. Always singles, almost never with build ups. 

Do you sneeze at a specific time (like after waking up) or is there any trigger such as allergies, or looking at a light?

Or are these 2-4 sneezes everyday totally random?

26 minutes ago, sneezeboy said:

Do you sneeze at a specific time (like after waking up) or is there any trigger such as allergies, or looking at a light?

Or are these 2-4 sneezes everyday totally random?

Totally random. No photic sneezes though, and only mild allergies (grass and scented candles). 

I want to say that if I'm home and busy, I might sneeze once every couple of days (doubles). If it's a work day, never. Not that I stop myself, but it just seems to happen that way.

I'll do an unscientific experiment to find out exactly though. Count me in!

Interestingly enough… for a long period of time I was inducing sneezes to create content regularly and during that time I would rarely naturally sneeze. Maybe a couple of false starts, but especially at work it would be zero because I’m more embarrassed to sneeze in public!

Now that I’ve taken a step back from inducing, I’ll naturally sneeze between 3 - 5 times per day… with most of them sneaking out at work 😱

I barely sneeze at all, heck there are days I won't sneeze period. Most I usually get is 2, wish it was more personally :(

On 8/3/2021 at 10:59 AM, Chanel_no5 said:

How often DOES the average person sneeze, really? Some sources online says three times a day, which sounds like A LOT to me. So I thought I'd log how many times I sneeze over the course of one week. Then I thought, wouldn't it be fun if others did too, so we have some kind of unscientific science going here. :lol:  I think @army-girl logged every sneeze over a whole year, but I don't think that would be practical. At least if you want to induce at some point. :P So I was thinking more short-term. 

Join in if you want. Full weeks and only natural sneezes; inducing doesn't count, because I say so. :mf_tongue: :lol:  

I have worked in many call-centers, manufacturing plants and also truss factory which is construction related and resided in many very high density area areas over the many years. I am also in my late thirties, so been around to experience sneezing patterns.

It seems from my observations, I would say the median is about a sneeze a day, but the average would be much higher. That is just based on anecdotal observations through the years and not research.

I have known guys who sneeze literally every hour and others I have known a very long time who never seem to sneeze. 

I have had co-workers and other guys who I shared housing costs with who sneeze several times each day and others who seem to sneeze maybe once a month. 

There are some guys I have known through the years who do an extreme amount of sneezing but that is balanced out by those who I think rarely sneeze

I will say with sneezing there is a tremendous range. The mean number of sneezes is likely far more than the median number of sneezes because those that are sneezey are very sneezey.

On 8/3/2021 at 5:20 PM, Chanel_no5 said:

Ah, yes, I'm thinking average number of sneezes when someone isn't having allergies or a cold.

this is also interesting to me because unless i am taking allergy medication daily (i don't have a pcp right now, so i don't these days), i have allergies year round, so that makes me wonder what my neutral state is, lmao. 

Okay, so this was kinda what I had in mind. ^_^ 

My sneeze count for the week between Monday 2nd to Sunday 8th. 

Monday: 0

Tuesday: 0

Wednesday: 2 (from pepper, was too careless when cooking)

Thursday: 0 

Friday: 1 (random) 

Saturday: 0 

Sunday: 1 (random) I know the day isn't over yet, but I'll edit if I sneeze any more today. 

No allergies, no cold. This feels like a pretty typical number/week for me. We haven't had a glimpse of sun whatsoever here so I haven't had any photic sneezes either, and either way it seems like I'm in a less sensitive part of that cycle right now (the intensity of my photic reflex seems to fluctuate, for some reason). :lol: 

So, yeah. For this week, I average 0,6 (0,57) sneezes a day. Hardly worth blessing. :rofl: 

7 hours ago, jejune said:

this is also interesting to me because unless i am taking allergy medication daily (i don't have a pcp right now, so i don't these days), i have allergies year round, so that makes me wonder what my neutral state is, lmao. 

That, fetish aspects aside, really fucking sucks. :( I did read an article a while ago (in a women's mag, of all places) that said that people with allergies do tend to sneeze more even when their allergies aren't acting up. It didn't give any research sources, but the source they did quote was a medical institute, so it did seem legit. It kinda makes sense too, taking long-term inflammation into account, but still. Hm. Interesting. 

Soooooo, the count for the week Mon 9th to Sun 15th. 

Tuesday: 2 (photic) 

Wednesday: 0

Thursday: 0

Friday: 1 (random)

Saturday: 3 (photic. It was a fucking sunny day. ><)

Sunday: 0

And no cold/allergies. 

So average 0,85 sneezes/day. :lol:  I'm not up on 1 sneeze a day average, for real. :lol:  

• 2 weeks later...

I sneeze probably 2 separate times a day but each time it’s usually  2-4 rapid sneezes I normally don’t just sneeze once. And I don’t have photic reflex it’s usually just randomly and I don’t sneeze particularly in the mornings either. I should try and keep count one week and see..

Thanks for starting this thread.  It's a subject which has always fascinated me, mainly because I think there is a very great difference in sneezing frequency between individuals.  Now I have counted my sneezes at various times, so I have an idea for myself, but as I read this posting last Sunday I have counted for the past week.

Sun 2X1, 2X2 (two singles, two doubles) = 6

Mon 1X1, 1X2 = 3

Tue 2X2 = 4

Wed 2X1 = 2

Thur =1

Fri 1X1 1X3 = 4

Sat 3X1  1X 3 = 6

So that's a bit more than three sneezes a day - on the high side but I'm sure not at all exceptional.

• 3 months later...

I have been counting my sneezes for the month of December and this is what I’ve got so far 

1/12 - 8

2/12- 11

3/12 - 20

4/12 - 3

5/12 -  29

6/12 - 23

07/12 - 23

08/12 - 16

09/12 - 9

10/12 - 4

11/12 - 0

12/12 - 6

13/12 - 7

14/12 - 2

15/12 - 13

16/12 - 2

17/12 - 3

18/12 - 0

19/12 - 0

20/12 - 12

21/12 - 8

22/12 - 3

23/12 - 12

24/12 - 14

25/12 - 9

As you can see, some days I’m super super sneezy and other days, nothing at all. Random. Worth noting I usually sneeze at least a double at a time, and sometimes as many as 6 at a time

Ooh I am a huge fan of statistics so this tickled my curiosity (not quite enough to make it sneeze 😏) I will log my sneezes for a week and update to see 😇

Here are mine from the week (though today isn't over yet)!

Sunday: 1 (random)

Tuesday: 0

Wednesday: 0

Thursday: 1 (random)

Friday: 3 (random with about a few hours between each one)

Saturday (so far today): 0

That's an average of 0.71 sneezes a day 😅