Sneeze Fetish Forum

Winter at Bly: A Damie Fic (Bly Manor F/F)

jem

Well, hello everyone. It's been a long time since I've posted. Lately, I've been wanting to write a f/f fic and have been brainstorming what I should write about. I absolutely love Bly Manor and Dani and Jamie in particular. Currently, it's cold and snowy and I am all for cute relationship fun in the winter. I also am a huge fan of caretaking *wink wink*. I've started this little story and I'm not sure how long it'll be. I've got ideas and want to make it longer, time permitting of course. 

I hope you all enjoy and please provide feedback if you'd like. I love hearing what you all think.  

(oh also I changed my username *YAY* I picked my last one as a young teenager and was stuck with it for years. Goodbye past, hello future. Hello, I'm jem)

[SPOILERS FOR THE HAUNTING OF BLY MANOR]

Winter at Bly 

CHAPTER 1

Winter at Bly. Snowflakes fall and blanket the grounds and large manor. Dani watches as Flora and Miles run around and throw snowballs at each other. Dani looks around her, completely in awe at the beauty of the property. She smiles slightly as she takes in the view. Suddenly, a snowball whizzes right past her face, startling her. She locks her eyes on the culprit, Miles, looks at her, a devilish grin on his face. Flora looks between the two without budging. 

“Miles,” Dani said in an authoritative voice. She pauses. “You missed!”

Dani takes off after him, grabbing snow to make snowballs. He runs away, screaming and laughing. Flora’s giggling as she tags along behind the pair. Dani cups some snow, makes a ball, and tosses it at Miles. It bounces off his back. He turns, locked and loaded, and unloads his artillery in Dani’s direction. She screams gleefully as she gets pelted by the snow. Flora ducks behind her and throws snow at Miles in defense. Eventually, the trio get tuckered out and head towards the manor. As they walk inside, stomping their shoes and flinging off their layers, Jamie walks by, a mug of tea in her hand. 

“Oi, well look at you lot, trampling snow all over the floor. Hannah isn’t gonna like this.”

Jamie flicks her eyes and catches Dani’s. They both smile warmly at each other. 

“I’ll clean it up, don’t worry,” Dani says. 

“We just had the most amazing snowball fight! You should’ve seen it. I got Dani square in the face, it was hilarious,” Miles says excitedly.

“Oh, is that right?” Jamie asks. She walks up to Dani, inspecting her face. “Yeah, you do have a bit of a red spot on your face.” Jamie’s hand lightly grazes Dani’s cheek. Dani shivers at her touch. Jamie notices and smirks at the young blonde. 

“Uhh, um, how about some hot cocoa?” Dani stammers with her words.

The kids yell in agreement and race towards the kitchen. 

“Hey hey, no running in your wet shoes!” Dani yells after them, but they’re long gone. 

“Kids, huh?” Jamie says. Dani sighs and sniffles a bit. Jamie reaches up and pushes some hair out of Dani’s face, patting a slight bit of snow off her head. She notices snow all over Dani’s coat and begins shaking it off. “Blimey, those kids really got you good.”

“Yeah,” Dani says with a laugh. She takes her coat off and hangs it up, shivering again. 

Jamie walks alongside Dani and their pinkies graze. She feels how cold Dani’s hands are. 

“Christ, you’re freezing, Poppins. Let’s get you something warm to drink.”

“Yes, please,” Dani says. They make their way towards the kitchen to have some cocoa. 

Dani, Jamie, and the kids sit at the table and drink their cocoa and tea. Miles and Flora are chatting about the various snow tunnels and snowmen they created that day. Jamie and Dani sit next to each other, nearly touching. Dani smiles and leans ever so slightly closer to the gardener. As Jamie starts moving her arm to put it over Dani’s chair, Dani suddenly jerks back, surprising the brunette. 

Dani turns away from the others at the table and buries her face in her elbow. 

“Hhtkxshh!” 

“Bless you,” the kids and Jamie say. Dani sniffs. 

“Excuse me, sorry. I don’t know where that came from!” Dani chuckles. 

“Miss Clayton?” Flora asks. Dani looks attentively at the young girl. “May we go upstairs and have a bath?”

“Yes, of course,” Dani says. “You guys must be freezing. Let’s go get you cleaned up.” 

Jamie watches the young au pair stand and begin to clear the table. 

“Don’t you worry about it, Poppins. I’ll put this stuff away.” 

“Oh, thanks.” Dani’s eyes linger on Jamie for a moment. “Come on kids, let’s go upstairs.”

Dani shuffles the kids out of the room and up the stairs. She looks back quickly to get one last glance at Jamie, who is staring right back at her. The au pair smiles at the gardener before turning back around. Jamie’s eyes follow her up the stairs before she disappears. The brunette sighs and stretches before getting up and clearing the table.

(happy new years eve, darlings)

Edited by jem

just couldn't help myself. Here's part 2... 

CHAPTER 2

Dani leans over Flora, tucking her into bed. She sniffles and swipes her hand under her nose

“Okay, let’s see.” Dani places her hands on her hips. “Bath?” she asks. 

“Check,” Flora responds. 

“Brush your teeth?”

Flora flashes her teeth and nods, prompting a giggle from Dani. 

“Jammies?”

“Check,” the young girl says with a wiggle of her toes. 

“Did you say goodnight to your brother yet?”

“Goodnight, Miles!” Flora yells to her brother whose room is adjoined to hers. 

“Goodnight, Flora!” Miles yells back.

“Okay then. Bedtime. Goodnight, sweetie.”

Flora yawns, mumbling goodnight. She turns over, cuddling her toy under the covers. Dani turns off the lamp, kisses her head and goes to Miles’ room. 

“Bath?” she asks. 

“Yes,” he replies. 

“Brush your teeth?”

“Of course,” he says. 

“Great. Pajamas?”

“On and ready for bed, Miss Clayton. You do know I’m getting a little too old for this checklist, right?”

“Oh, well excuse me. You really are growing up into a young man. I’ll start treating you as such.”

“Thank you, Miss Clayton.” 

Dani giggles. “Goodnight, Miles.” 

“Goodnight.” 

Dani turns to leave the room. 

“Wait, aren’t you forgetting something?” the young boy asks. 

“Forgetting something?”

He looks at her, waiting for her to remember. He gives her a hint, tapping his head. 

“Oh, you want a kiss, is that it?” She grins at him in faux shock. “I figured you were too old for such a thing.”

“I heard it prevents bad dreams! Besides, I’ll have you know I’ve never been one to turn down a kiss from a beautiful woman.”

Dani scoffs and laughs. She walks back to him and gives him a kiss on the head. 

“Yeah, I’m sure. Goodnight, Miles.” 

“Night.” 

She leaves his room, lightly shutting the door behind her. She walks down the hall to her own bedroom to get ready for bed. She rubs at her nose, not being able to quell a slightly annoying itch. Her breath hitches and she stops walking. 

“Heh.. uh heh” 

The blonde pulls her sweater over her hand and puts it to her face, muffling her sneeze. 

“Hhtkxshh!” 

Dani shakes her head and sighs. She rubs at her eyes, wiping away some moisture that gathered. She starts walking again and gets to her room. She goes into the bathroom and grabs some toilet paper, folds it up and brings it to her nose, blowing softly. She stops, but still feels stuffed up, so she blows harder. Her ear pops and she groans, massaging the sides of her head while moving her jaw around. She throws away the tissue and clears her throat, coughing a bit. Dani turns on the sink and cups some water in her hand and drinks from it. She then splashes some water on her face and looks up at the mirror. She sees Eddie’s reflection and gasps, turning away quickly from him. Her breath shudders and she turns off the sink, avoiding the mirror. She stumbles out of the bathroom and walks to her bed while trying to control her panicked breathing. Her breath catches and she coughs, muffling the sound into her sweater. 

Dani plops down on the edge of her bed, clearing her throat. She winces at the slight pain she feels. She puts her hands on her face, feeling utterly exhausted. The very idea of changing into her pajamas sounds like an olympian task. She finally musters the strength to sit up and stand. Her vision sways and she closes her eyes as she gains her balance. She slowly opens her eyes and considers her situation. She sits right back down and climbs under the covers. Screw the pajamas. It’s bedtime. Dani’s head hits the pillow and within a few minutes, she’s asleep.

Although I’m not familiar with Bly Manor, I always love to see f/f stories around the forum! Looking forward to reading more.

23 hours ago, FadedRose said:

Although I’m not familiar with Bly Manor, I always love to see f/f stories around the forum! Looking forward to reading more.

Thank you so much! 

Hey, everyone! I've got another chapter ready to post. Please continue letting me know what you think. I'm open for any suggestions or ideas anyone has! Enjoy xx 

*Like before, slight spoilers lie ahead*

CHAPTER 3

Morning light bathes the young au pair as she sleeps in her large, comfy bed. Miles and Flora are already up and running around, excitedly waiting for Dani’s arrival. Hannah, the housekeeper, shushes the children and ushers them downstairs to the kitchen, where Owen, the chef, is preparing breakfast. 

“Good morning, Owen!” Flora says in her cheerful, high-pitched voice. 

“Well, good morning, Flora. How’d you sleep?” 

“Very well, thank you.”

“I’ve never heard such a proper young girl, have you Hannah?” 

Hannah chuckles. “Well, no. I don’t think I have. Flora certainly is one of a kind.” 

Flora beams at the adults’ praise. 

“Miss Clayton didn’t wake us up this morning. Has she gone somewhere?” Flora asks. 

“I don’t believe so,” Hannah says. “We’ll keep an eye out for her, won’t we, Owen?”

“Most certainly,” he responds. “But for now, how about we have some… pancakes!”

The kids loudly agree and sit down in their spots. Owen gets everyone a plate, but Hannah, who insists she’s already eaten. Jamie walks in from the side door, patting her work gloves on her overalls.

“What have we got here?” the brunette asks. 

“Owen made pancakes,” Miles says with his mouth full. 

“Manners, Miles,” Hannah reminds him. 

“Where’s Poppins?” Jamie asks, very aware that the blonde is not in the room. 

“We’re not sure. We were going to start looking for her after breakfast.” Hannah says. 

“Hm,” Jamie replies. 

Jamie exits the kitchen and goes upstairs. She gets to Dani’s room and knocks lightly on the door. 

“Oi, Poppins. Are you in there?”

No response. Jamie cracks the door open and peeks inside. She sees Dani engulfed in blankets. Jamie smiles to herself then walks inside, quietly shutting the door behind her. She stands at the door, just observing the blonde for a quick moment. Jamie then walks over and sits on the edge of the bed. 

“Hey, Dani,” she says in a hushed voice. 

Jamie pats Dani’s shoulder and notices that the blonde’s nose is running. 

“Blimey,” Jamie mutters to herself. “Oi, it’s time to get up.”

Dani’s eyes flutter open and she stretches her arms out with a big yawn. She wipes her sleeve under her nose.   

“Jamie?” the tired girl mumbles. “What’re you doing up here? The kids… is somebthing wrong?”

Dani stirs and begins to sit up, sniffing back her congestion. 

“No, no, the kids are fine. They’re having breakfast.” Jamie inspects Dani’s complexion, noticing she’s a bit pale. Her nose is red too. “I, uh, just wanted to check on you. The kids were curious where you were.” 

“Geez, they’re up already? I should get up.”

“No, it’s okay. Owen and Hannah are watching them. You can rest longer. God knows those kids hardly give you any reprieve.” Dani chuckles, which turns into a light cough. Jamie frowns, becoming slightly concerned. “You know, I think I’ve got a good idea.” 

“Oh yeah,” Dani asks. “What’s that?” 

“I think you should take a day off, get some rest, or I don’t know, do whatever it is you like to do when you’ve got time.”

Dani considers the option for a moment. “I mean, the kids,” she says. “They have school work to finish up before break. They have chores and I-”

“Dani,” the gardener interjects. “They’ll be fine. Hannah and Owen love spending time with them. Hell, I’ll teach them how to garden if it comes to it. You deserve a break. We don’t want you overworking yourself, all right?”

Dani clears her throat and sniffles. “Well,” she says, “if you think so. I guess I am a little tired.”

“Right then, it’s decided. We’ll leave you to it.” 

“I have been wanting to explore more. These grounds are just so beautiful and it seems to go on and on. Maybe,” Dani leads. 

Jamie looks at her. Dani seems to be pondering something. 

“Maybe…” Jamie says. 

Dani looks out in front of her, a blank expression on her face. Her nostrils flare and she takes a quick breath in. She quickly turns her head away from Jamie and into her own shoulder. 

“Htchxshiew!” 

“Bless you, Poppins.”

Dani takes another breath in, bringing her elbow up to her face. 

“Hitxchh’h!”

“Bless. You all right there?”

Dani sniffs and turns back towards Jamie. 

“Thanks. Oh, yeah, I’m fine. I always sneeze twice in the morning. It’s the weirdest thing.” 

Jamie looks at Dani with an inquisitive look. She decides not to press. 

“Yeah, that is strange. Then again, you are a little strange. So I guess it checks out.” Jamie smirks and Dani laughs. “So, you were saying you wanted to walk the grounds a bit and…?”

“Well,” Dani says, “I was thinking, maybe if you weren’t busy, you could join me. You know the area well and I wouldn’t wanna get lost. It’s pretty cold out there.” 

“Right, it is.” 

“And there’s just so much to see.” 

Jamie nods. 

“Would you, uh, wanna go with me, walk around? I’ll pack lunch and make it worth your while,” Dani offers with a hopeful expression. 

“‘Worth my while,’ huh? Poppins, you flirt.” 

Dani’s face regains some color, turning red as she grins shyly. 

“You’ve got yourself a date. In the meantime, relax and have some ‘Dani time,’ huh?”

“I will. Thank you, Jamie.” 

“Yeah, well I’ll be seeing you soon then.” 

Jamie stands and leaves the room. As soon as she gets in the hallway, she smiles excitedly before regaining composure. She goes outside to do some work and prepare for her "date" with Dani.

13 hours ago, Mems said:

I love this!!! Can’t wait to see what happens next.

thank you, i really appreciate your comment! 

39 minutes ago, Mikesfet said:

Really well written so far, thanks for sharing your gift with us!

thank you so much, i really appreciate it! 

Hello, I'm back with another chapter! This part doesn't have too much sneezing or cold-related symptoms, BUT I think it's cute. I'm trying to make this into a full story and I'm really excited about where it's heading. 

CW: there's a slight bit of swearing.

I really hope you all enjoy. I love reading your comments, so please keep it up! It's fun to know that people are actually reading and enjoying my work. Keeps the spark alive. 

CHAPTER 4 

Jamie watches as the kids dig around in the snow. She blows warm air into her cold, cupped hands and clenches her teeth when the kids wander a little too close to her shrubs. She wants to get up and tell them to bugger off, but she’s doing a favor for Dani by watching them. They’re not too troubling when they’re engaged in something. Flora looks up and smiles at Jamie. Jamie smiles back, winking at the young girl. 

Jamie checks her watch and looks up at the house, anxiously awaiting Dani’s arrival. She can’t wait to ditch the kids with Hannah and spend some time with the au pair. Jamie would never admit to anyone who asks her, but she has a certain fascination with the young American. There’s something slightly off about her, but Jamie’s absolutely intrigued by her. The gardener has thought a lot about why a young, beautiful woman like Dani would be here, sacrificing her youth taking care of some spoiled kids in a desolate mansion. Whatever the reason, Jamie’s happy that Dani’s here. 

“Jamie,” Miles says. She doesn’t notice. She’s trapped in her thoughts of Dani. “Hey, Jamie!”

Jamie shakes her head and looks at the boy. “Yeah, what is it?” 

“We’re bored. And cold. Can we go do something inside?” 

“Yeah, let’s go inside then. Bloody freezing out here.” 

They all shuffle inside, shedding their winter coats at the door. The kids head into the living room and sit on the ground by the fire. Jamie walks in the kitchen and scans the room. No Dani. It’s been well over two hours. Jamie wants to go check on her, but doesn’t want to seem clingy. She’s the cool, aloof gardener after all. Jamie hovers for a moment, considering her options. Go check on Dani or spend more time taking care of the kids? Jamie wants nothing more than to be with Dani, but she must need rest if she hasn’t come downstairs yet. The kids it is. Jamie goes into the living room and sits in a chair and watches the kids play with their dolls. 

Light continues to shine into Dani’s room. She’s blissfully unaware of it as she sleeps the day away. Her mouth is hanging open and she’s snoring lightly. She’s on her stomach, her sweater sleeve pushed halfway up one arm. Her other arm is under her pillow. Her position looks wildly uncomfortable, but she doesn’t mind. Dani’s too busy dreaming of the lovely Bly manor gardener….

It’s nighttime in downtown Bly. People are buzzing around, chatting and drinking. Streetlights glow, lighting up the road and connected buildings. Dani looks up and observes her surroundings. She’s in a bar. Chatter and laughter around her starts becoming more apparent. A T.V. in the corner is blaring. Dani looks out the window and sees snow falling heavily. Dani scans the room, wondering why she’s here. She hasn’t been to a bar since she met with Henry and got the position as au pair. She continues looking around when she sees… her. 

Jamie walks toward Dani, two drinks in hand. She’s wearing jeans rolled up at her ankles, a white shirt, and a black jacket. Dani bites her bottom lip as she takes in the gardener’s appearance. Dani feels the atmosphere of the bar slip away as she takes in Jamie’s appearance. 

“Blimey, that took a long time. The bartender was going on and on about some bloke who got into a fight here last night, as if I didn’t hear it from my flat upstairs.” Jamie rolls her eyes and sits across from Dani in the booth. Dani smiles widely. Jamie grins back. “What’s got you so smiley, eh Poppins?” 

Dani looks down and shakes her head. She laughs, saying, “Oh, it’s nothing. I was just, um… I don’t know. I’m just happy to be here!” 

“Well, that makes two of us. Cheers.” 

They lift up their drinks, clink them together, then each take a sip. 

“Good, yeah?” Jamie asks, eyebrows raised. 

“Super good.” 

The women talk, scooting closer together as the bar gets louder. Someone changed the channel to sports, causing the men in the bar to chant and holler whenever someone scores or makes a very obvious penalty, which makes the ref an idiot for not calling it. Jamie’s lips tighten as she looks over at the obnoxiously loud men. Suddenly, some guy starts shouting at another guy, a drink spills, a stool gets kicked, and hands start flying. Dani looks at the strangers, horrified. Jamie stands up, motioning for Dani to follow her. Jamie puts her hand around Dani, shielding her from the drunken ruckus. Dani is electrified at Jamie’s touch. Suddenly, a guy stumbles into Dani, causing her to nearly fall. Jamie quickly jumps into action. 

“Oi, watch where you’re going, arsehole!” Jamie yells at the man. He looks at her as if she’s the smallest person he’s ever seen. He grins and rolls his eyes. She cocks her head and stands up taller, looking him straight in the eyes. His face changes as he looks at her. He looks a bit scared. 

“Sorry, ma’am,” he says, his voice low. He shuffles off into the crowd. 

Jamie watches him walk away, then turns to Dani, her expression immediately softening. “Are you okay, Dani?” 

“Yes, I’m fine. I would like to get out of here, though.” Dani smiles awkwardly. 

“You got it. Let’s get the hell outta here.” 

They walk to the door and open it, a heavy wind blasting them as they do so. Dani instantly shivers and wraps her arms around herself. Jamie notices and puts her arm around the young blonde. Dani looks back into the bar, not seeing her coat. 

“I don’t see my coat. I must’ve left it in the taxi,” Dani says, disappointment in her voice. 

Jamie quickly sheds her coat and wraps it around the au pair. 

“No, Jamie, it’s okay. I don’t want you to be cold!” 

“Don’t worry about me. I’ve got enough liquor in my system to keep me plenty warm. Promise.” 

“Hm, okay, if you’re sure. We shouldn’t stay out long then.”

“We can go to my place upstairs. I mean, if you want. I should get another coat anyway.”

“Yeah, let’s do that.” 

They walk around the side of the building and enter a side door that leads to a staircase. They go up the stairs and get to Jamie’s apartment. She unlocks the door and lets Dani in first. Dani takes off the coat, handing it to Jamie. They both take off their shoes and set them by the door. 

“Go ahead and have a seat anywhere. I’ll get us something to drink.” Jamie says, walking off towards the kitchen. 

Dani sits on the couch and looks around the room. It’s very tidy. Not much stuff, either. A T.V. sits in the corner and a coffee table next to the couch. There isn’t anything on the walls. There are plenty of plants and flowers about. Jamie is very passionate about her work. Dani loves that about her. 

Jamie comes back and sits next to Dani, handing her a cup of tea. 

“Ohh, thank you,” Dani says. 

“Careful, it’s pretty hot.” 

Dani nods and blows air on the tea before taking a sip. She hums her approval and sets the mug on the coffee table. Dani turns to Jamie, putting her arm on the couch near Jamie’s. 

“Thanks for saving me from that bar fight. Not sure I could’ve made it out of there if not for you.” Dani says. “You were my knight in shining armor.” 

Jamie chuckles. “Eh, couldn’t leave you to fend for yourself. Who would take care of the kids?” 

Dani smiles. “That’s right. I wouldn’t dare burden you with that responsibility.”

They laugh, leaning ever so slightly closer to each other. Dani looks at Jamie’s lips, then back up to her eyes. They sit in silence for a moment, not knowing what to do. If only Dani knew how much Jamie wanted to kiss her. Dani takes her hand off the couch and sets it on Jamie’s leg. Jamie lets out a shaky breath, excitement racing through her veins. Fuck it, Jamie thinks. She leans in and puts her finger on Dani’s chin. She nods at Dani, who nods back. They close their eyes, tilt their heads, and slowly make their way to each other. Their lips are centimeters apart, about to make contact. Dani feels pressure on her shoulder. Someone’s tugging at her. Her eyes open. 

“Dani,” Miles says. “Dani!” 

Dani whips her head and sees the young boy sitting next to her. No no no, she thinks. She rubs at her eyes, wiping away sleep. 

“Whadt is it?” She’s confused and groggy. Her voice sounds nasal. 

“Flora and I have some homework we need help with. Do you think you can help?”

“Yeah, yeah. Just give me a few minutes and I’ll meet you downstairs.” 

“Thanks!” Miles bounces off her bed and rushes out of the room. 

Dani turns over on her back and yawns, stretching her arms out above her. She tries to breathe through her nose, but it’s almost entirely blocked. She clears her throat and coughs a few times. Her throat hurts. She runs her hand through her hair, feeling some sweat on her forehead. She sits up with a groan and stares at the ground she has to stand on. Suddenly, her dream pops back into her head. She was so close to kissing Jamie. So close. Dani touches her lips and closes her eyes, remembering how Jamie looked and how it felt to have Jamie’s arm around her waist. Dani’s hand flops down on the bed and she sighs in heavy distress. Sitting up causes her nose to run and she tries to sniffle, but she’s too congested to do so. With absolutely no warning, she snaps forward into her sweater-covered hands. 

“Hit’cheiw!.. Heh.. Hhhtxishh!! Ughh.” 

Edited by jem
  • 1 month later...

This is gorgeously written! I don't think there's a lot of your other work that I haven't read yet! You're one of my absolute faves! I'm so so glad there's finally a Damie fic out there now! This has a lot of potential so I really do hope you continue with it if you get the chance to!

On 2/12/2022 at 3:57 PM, MIN said:

This is gorgeously written! I don't think there's a lot of your other work that I haven't read yet! You're one of my absolute faves! I'm so so glad there's finally a Damie fic out there now! This has a lot of potential so I really do hope you continue with it if you get the chance to!

Thank you so much for your reply! It's great to see people are enjoying what I write. I haven't been inspired to continue since I was thinking people weren't liking it, but I'll definitely start writing again since you're enjoying the story! 

Also, thank you for reading my other stuff! I'm so happy that you replied and I really appreciate you! xx

21 minutes ago, jem said:

Thank you so much for your reply! It's great to see people are enjoying what I write. I haven't been inspired to continue since I was thinking people weren't liking it, but I'll definitely start writing again since you're enjoying the story! 

Also, thank you for reading my other stuff! I'm so happy that you replied and I really appreciate you! xx

Severe long time lurker, only just got the guts to start replying and posting 😅 I absolutely love it! I certainly won't say no to some caretaking Jamie if you decide to do more!

On 2/14/2022 at 12:38 PM, MIN said:

Severe long time lurker, only just got the guts to start replying and posting 😅 I absolutely love it! I certainly won't say no to some caretaking Jamie if you decide to do more!

I've done more than my fair share of lurking lol! Caretaking Jamie is something I really look forward to and I'm planning on writing it! Thanks for your reply :))

Well, hello! I've finally prepared another chapter for this story. I'm really enjoying these characters and I'm excited to keep this story going. 

As always, comments are more than welcome, and deeply appreciated! I love to hear from everyone. Makes this a bit more fun ;)

Like before, ever so slight spoilers for Bly Manor are in this chapter. Like, super minor. I would recommend watching the show, though. It's fantastic! 

CHAPTER 5

Dani stands up with a sway, trying desperately to ground herself on the wooden floor. She most definitely has some kind of cold and going outside with Jamie will only make it worse. She should stay inside and rest, but her desire to see Jamie is very strong. Dani goes into the bathroom and washes off her makeup from last night before jumping in the shower. The steam breaks up her congestion and clears her sinuses a bit. She steps out of the shower and grabs some tissues, feeling her nose beginning to run. 

“Hhtkxshh!”

Dani blows her nose and throws the tissues in the trash. She wipes off the steam-covered mirror and looks at her reflection. Her nostrils and cheeks are red, her eyes are glossy, and she has dark bags under eyes. 

“Ah, geez..”

Dani grumbles as she leaves the bathroom to put on some clothes. She puts on boots and blue jeans. She pulls her pink sweater over her head with a wet sniffle and swipes her hand under her nose. She sniffs again then coughs into her arm. She clears her throat, annoyed by the tickle that’s lurking. Dani lowers her arm, looking ahead with a glossy stare. Her nostrils twitch for a moment then she takes a deep breath in..

“Heh… Aahtchxiiew! *sniff* Hhhtxishh!!”

Her nose is really running now. She blows her nose, feeling an irritating ache in her sinuses and her throat. A quick, brittle cough surprises her. She puts her hand on her chest, thinking about one simple thought. Water.  She goes into the bathroom and slurps desperately from the sink faucet, letting out a satisfied sigh as the tickle withers away. Dani stands in the bathroom, leaning on the sink with a hand on her throat. She massages the sides of her neck with her eyes closed. She feels sore, which isn’t a good sign. She purses her lips at the ache and when she opens her eyes, she sees the same reflection of a man with glowing eyes in the mirror. 

Dani jumps and yells, causing her to cough. Hard. She rushes to the door, slams it shut and thuds against it, coughing heavily as she leans over. Just then, a soft knock rattles at her bedroom door. Dani tries to catch her breath and stifle her cough. 

“Dani?” It’s Jamie. “Hey, you alright in there? Sounds like you’re about to be one lung short here in a minute.”

Dani gulps. “Yeah,” her breath catches and she aggressively clears her throat. “I’m okay, don’t worry.” 

Dani opens the door, revealing a very concerned-looking Jamie. 

“You okay?” Jamie leans against the door frame, arms crossed, her eyes locking with Dani’s. 

“Oh, yeah, I’m fine. Just choked on some water.” Dani chuckles, but Jamie continues to look at her, a curious expression on her face. 

“Hm,” Jamie says after a moment. “Hate when that happens. Uh, I heard Miles say he needs your help with some schoolwork? Seems like your afternoon is booking up… Did you want me to show you around the grounds another day?” 

Jamie feels disappointed, but doesn’t show it. She has thought of nothing else besides spending time with Dani. Hell, even seeing Dani improves her mood. It was starting to frighten her a bit. She hasn’t felt this excited about a woman for years. Blimey, Jamie thinks. 

“Oh, no! Or, I mean, we still have plenty of time. What, it’s only about 11 or so, right?”

“Erm, no, it’s about 3 in the afternoon.”

Dani’s jaw dropped. “3 o’clock! You’re joking!” Dani looks toward her bedside table and sees the time. She runs her hand through her hair. “Gosh, I didn’t mean to sleep that long.. Someone should’ve gotten me up. The kids– who’s been watching them?”

“Oh, I’ve been keeping them busy, ya know. Played in the snow, got cold, brought ‘em inside. We were just hanging out ‘til they asked me about their homework, which isn’t really my thing, I’ll admit.” 

“I’m so sorry, Jamie. I really didn’t mean to sleep that long. I didn’t mean to bother you with them.” 

“No bother at all. They’re good kids. Miles tests me here and there, but they’ve been through a lot, so, what can ya do?” Jamie shrugs. 

Dani looks at the gardener, a gracious and caring expression on her face. Dani reaches out and holds Jamie’s hand. “Thank you, Jamie. Really. I appreciate it.” She squeezes Jamie’s hand and rubs her thumb slowly back and forth. The brunette smiles shyly. 

“No problem.” She nods at Dani, really enjoying the feel of Dani’s hand in hers. Dani lets go and they both drop their hands. 

“Well, now I owe you big time,” Dani says. “Seeing as it’ll be dark here in a couple hours, how about you have dinner here with us, then after I put the kids to bed, we can have some wine and hang out? If you’re not busy, of course.” 

“Oh, I’m never too busy for you, Poppins.”

Dani grins. “Who’s the flirt now?” She giggles. 

“Mm, that’ll still be you. I mean, you did just invite me to dinner and wine, which is a date, if I’m not mistaken.” Jamie’s voice is low and playful. She stands up straight and steps closer to Dani, their hands barely grazing. Dani’s breath catches, which Jamie notices. She smirks at the young blonde. 

Dani lowers her head and laughs, a deep red filling in her cheeks. “I didn’t say the word date, but I wouldn’t be opposed to using it…” Her voice stutters as she stumbles on the word “date.” She looks up at Jamie and smiles with a hopeful look in her eye. 

“Well,” Jamie says, “you’re in luck because it just so happens that I am free tonight and would love to go on a date with you.”

Dani’s whole face lights up at Jamie’s response, prompting Jamie to smile widely in return. 

“Great, it’s settled! I just need to go help the kids with their homework and then…” Dani rubs her nose and sniffs, disrupting the deep-seated tickle in her sinuses. “Heh.. heh… Hhtkxshh!” Dani whirls around and buries her face in the crook of her arm. 

“Whoa, bless you,” Jamie says, surprised. Dani’s not quite done yet. 

“Htchxshiew!” 

“Bless you,” Jamie says again, her tone soft. 

Dani turns back around and fidgets with her hair, trying to hide her embarrassment. “Thank you, sorry about that. Dusty up here I think.” She waves at the air in front of her face. 

“It’s okay. You’re feeling all right, Dani?” Jamie inspects the blonde, who has become a bit sniffly. 

“Oh, yeah, I’m fine,” Dani responds. “Okay, I’m gonna go help the kids with their homework. So… I’ll see you at dinner?”

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world.” 

Jamie smiles at Dani before heading out to her car to go home and get ready for dinner. As she drives away from Bly Manor, she thinks of the au pair. Yeah, she’s definitely got some kind of bug.

Yeeess

5 hours ago, jem said:

Well, hello! I've finally prepared another chapter for this story. I'm really enjoying these characters and I'm excited to keep this story going. 

As always, comments are more than welcome, and deeply appreciated! I love to hear from everyone. Makes this a bit more fun ;)

Like before, ever so slight spoilers for Bly Manor are in this chapter. Like, super minor. I would recommend watching the show, though. It's fantastic! 

CHAPTER 5

Dani stands up with a sway, trying desperately to ground herself on the wooden floor. She most definitely has some kind of cold and going outside with Jamie will only make it worse. She should stay inside and rest, but her desire to see Jamie is very strong. Dani goes into the bathroom and washes off her makeup from last night before jumping in the shower. The steam breaks up her congestion and clears her sinuses a bit. She steps out of the shower and grabs some tissues, feeling her nose beginning to run. 

“Hhtkxshh!”

Dani blows her nose and throws the tissues in the trash. She wipes off the steam-covered mirror and looks at her reflection. Her nostrils and cheeks are red, her eyes are glossy, and she has dark bags under eyes. 

“Ah, geez..”

Dani grumbles as she leaves the bathroom to put on some clothes. She puts on boots and blue jeans. She pulls her pink sweater over her head with a wet sniffle and swipes her hand under her nose. She sniffs again then coughs into her arm. She clears her throat, annoyed by the tickle that’s lurking. Dani lowers her arm, looking ahead with a glossy stare. Her nostrils twitch for a moment then she takes a deep breath in..

“Heh… Aahtchxiiew! *sniff* Hhhtxishh!!”

Her nose is really running now. She blows her nose, feeling an irritating ache in her sinuses and her throat. A quick, brittle cough surprises her. She puts her hand on her chest, thinking about one simple thought. Water.  She goes into the bathroom and slurps desperately from the sink faucet, letting out a satisfied sigh as the tickle withers away. Dani stands in the bathroom, leaning on the sink with a hand on her throat. She massages the sides of her neck with her eyes closed. She feels sore, which isn’t a good sign. She purses her lips at the ache and when she opens her eyes, she sees the same reflection of a man with glowing eyes in the mirror. 

Dani jumps and yells, causing her to cough. Hard. She rushes to the door, slams it shut and thuds against it, coughing heavily as she leans over. Just then, a soft knock rattles at her bedroom door. Dani tries to catch her breath and stifle her cough. 

“Dani?” It’s Jamie. “Hey, you alright in there? Sounds like you’re about to be one lung short here in a minute.”

Dani gulps. “Yeah,” her breath catches and she aggressively clears her throat. “I’m okay, don’t worry.” 

Dani opens the door, revealing a very concerned-looking Jamie. 

“You okay?” Jamie leans against the door frame, arms crossed, her eyes locking with Dani’s. 

“Oh, yeah, I’m fine. Just choked on some water.” Dani chuckles, but Jamie continues to look at her, a curious expression on her face. 

“Hm,” Jamie says after a moment. “Hate when that happens. Uh, I heard Miles say he needs your help with some schoolwork? Seems like your afternoon is booking up… Did you want me to show you around the grounds another day?” 

Jamie feels disappointed, but doesn’t show it. She has thought of nothing else besides spending time with Dani. Hell, even seeing Dani improves her mood. It was starting to frighten her a bit. She hasn’t felt this excited about a woman for years. Blimey, Jamie thinks. 

“Oh, no! Or, I mean, we still have plenty of time. What, it’s only about 11 or so, right?”

“Erm, no, it’s about 3 in the afternoon.”

Dani’s jaw dropped. “3 o’clock! You’re joking!” Dani looks toward her bedside table and sees the time. She runs her hand through her hair. “Gosh, I didn’t mean to sleep that long.. Someone should’ve gotten me up. The kids– who’s been watching them?”

“Oh, I’ve been keeping them busy, ya know. Played in the snow, got cold, brought ‘em inside. We were just hanging out ‘til they asked me about their homework, which isn’t really my thing, I’ll admit.” 

“I’m so sorry, Jamie. I really didn’t mean to sleep that long. I didn’t mean to bother you with them.” 

“No bother at all. They’re good kids. Miles tests me here and there, but they’ve been through a lot, so, what can ya do?” Jamie shrugs. 

Dani looks at the gardener, a gracious and caring expression on her face. Dani reaches out and holds Jamie’s hand. “Thank you, Jamie. Really. I appreciate it.” She squeezes Jamie’s hand and rubs her thumb slowly back and forth. The brunette smiles shyly. 

“No problem.” She nods at Dani, really enjoying the feel of Dani’s hand in hers. Dani lets go and they both drop their hands. 

“Well, now I owe you big time,” Dani says. “Seeing as it’ll be dark here in a couple hours, how about you have dinner here with us, then after I put the kids to bed, we can have some wine and hang out? If you’re not busy, of course.” 

“Oh, I’m never too busy for you, Poppins.”

Dani grins. “Who’s the flirt now?” She giggles. 

“Mm, that’ll still be you. I mean, you did just invite me to dinner and wine, which is a date, if I’m not mistaken.” Jamie’s voice is low and playful. She stands up straight and steps closer to Dani, their hands barely grazing. Dani’s breath catches, which Jamie notices. She smirks at the young blonde. 

Dani lowers her head and laughs, a deep red filling in her cheeks. “I didn’t say the word date, but I wouldn’t be opposed to using it…” Her voice stutters as she stumbles on the word “date.” She looks up at Jamie and smiles with a hopeful look in her eye. 

“Well,” Jamie says, “you’re in luck because it just so happens that I am free tonight and would love to go on a date with you.”

Dani’s whole face lights up at Jamie’s response, prompting Jamie to smile widely in return. 

“Great, it’s settled! I just need to go help the kids with their homework and then…” Dani rubs her nose and sniffs, disrupting the deep-seated tickle in her sinuses. “Heh.. heh… Hhtkxshh!” Dani whirls around and buries her face in the crook of her arm. 

“Whoa, bless you,” Jamie says, surprised. Dani’s not quite done yet. 

“Htchxshiew!” 

“Bless you,” Jamie says again, her tone soft. 

Dani turns back around and fidgets with her hair, trying to hide her embarrassment. “Thank you, sorry about that. Dusty up here I think.” She waves at the air in front of her face. 

“It’s okay. You’re feeling all right, Dani?” Jamie inspects the blonde, who has become a bit sniffly. 

“Oh, yeah, I’m fine,” Dani responds. “Okay, I’m gonna go help the kids with their homework. So… I’ll see you at dinner?”

“Wouldn’t miss it for the world.” 

Jamie smiles at Dani before heading out to her car to go home and get ready for dinner. As she drives away from Bly Manor, she thinks of the au pair. Yeah, she’s definitely got some kind of bug.

Yeesss all the caretaking Jamie. Each part just keeps getting better and better! Great writing and I love the detail in the hitches. Jamie's blessings are just the icing on the cake 🤌 Can't wait for Chapter 6!

6 hours ago, MIN said:

Yeeess

Yeesss all the caretaking Jamie. Each part just keeps getting better and better! Great writing and I love the detail in the hitches. Jamie's blessings are just the icing on the cake 🤌 Can't wait for Chapter 6!

Hey! thank your for reading and for your nice words! Chapter 6 will be coming soon 

Hello, everyone! I am back with yet another chapter *whoo hoo!*. I'm having a blast writing this. I hope you are all having a good time reading. 

As always, thank you very much to those who take the time to comment. I truly appreciate it! So, tell me what you think, offer suggestions, whatever you like! 

And, you know, enjoy!! 

CHAPTER 6 

Snow falls in Bly as Jamie walks up and down the aisles of the pharmacy searching for some cold medicine. She squints at the various bottles, her eyebrows furrowed and arms crossed. 

“Let’s see…” Jamie says. 

She thinks back to when she saw Dani. Her eyes were a bit watery, her nose runny, hands warm. And soft. Delicate. She has the cutest little freckle– Focus! Jamie shakes her head, surprised at how her mind wanders when she thinks of the au pair. There’s something about her that’s just so magnetic and enthralling. It’s hard to not constantly daydream about the young blonde. 

All right. She was sniffly, feverish, and had a cough. Jamie inspects the contents on the shelves. She grabs a few things, pays, and leaves the shop. 

Back at the manor, Dani helps the kids with their schoolwork in the large classroom. It’s only one of the many large rooms in the house. The manor seemingly went on forever. Dani wishes she could find a quiet room and just lay down. She’s having a harder time trying to hide her symptoms. She’s constantly sniffling, clearing her throat, and suppressing coughs. The brief relief from congestion that her shower provided is quickly fading. After one too many wet sniffles, Flora looks up from her paper at Dani. 

“Miss Clayton,” she says, “Are you all right? You seem a bit sniffly.”

Dani smiles warmly at the young girl. “I’mb okay, Flora. Thank you for asking. I think my room is a little dusty.  I’ll ask Hannah to let mbe borrow some of her cleaning supplies so I can clear it out. Bothering my allergies is all.” 

“Is there anything we can do to help?” Miles asks. 

“I’mb okay. Really. You two are so sweet. How did I get so lucky to get to spend time with two amazing kids like you?” Miles and Flora giggle and Dani gives each of them a pat on the shoulder. 

Dani sniffs again, this time igniting a tickle in her sinuses. She steps back from the children and ducks her face into her arm. 

“Hhtkxshh!”

She tries to muffle the sneeze as much as possible. She wipes her face in her clothing, sensing a bit of moisture. She sniffs again, a slight gurgle sound accompanying it. Oof, she thinks. 

“Bless you,” the kids say in unison. 

“Thadks, guys. I’ll be right back.” 

Dani quickly exits the room to find the nearest bathroom. She walks quickly down the hall as the incessant itch in her sinuses grows stronger. Her nostrils flare and her breath hitches, teasing her. She paws at her nose in an attempt to massage the itch away. 

“Heh.. heh…*sigh*”

Dani’s breath hitches and right as she’s about to sneeze, it fades away. She continues walking, then again, her breath hitches and she turns her head into her shoulder. Her eyes close and she takes a deep breath in…. Nothing. No sneeze. Dani mutters, cursing this stupid cold. She finally makes it to a bathroom, hurries inside, and grabs a fistful of toilet paper. She blows her nose, clearing out some of her congestion. Just then, a dull ache started to creep from within her temples. Dani leans over the sink and rubs circles on each side of her head. 

“Ugh…” 

Jamie walks into the manor, grocery bags in hand. She shuts the door behind her and looks around for anyone. 

“Knock, knock,” she says, announcing her arrival. 

Hannah walks around the corner, smiling warmly at the gardener. 

“Jamie, hi! Are you joining us for dinner?” 

“Oh, yeah, Dani’s invited me, if that’s okay?”

“Well, of course. The more the merrier!” Hannah looks down at the bags Jamie’s holding. “Want me to take those to the kitchen, dear?”

“No, that’s okay. I got these things for Dani. She’s got a bug or something, so…” Jamie trails off, feeling awkward. She didn’t want Hannah to assume anything about them. Jamie shouldn’t even be assuming anything about their relationship. Of course, Jamie wants them to be more, but she doesn’t want to rush Dani. Jamie’s had a tough go of it herself, so she can sense when others have as well. Dani’s experienced pain. Jamie’s not sure what’s happened, but she’s intrigued by Dani and she can’t help but want to know everything about her. She cares for her. 

“A bug, is that right?” Hannah says. “I hadn’t noticed. I’ve been a bit lost lately. Don’t know where my head’s at!” Hannah chuckles. Jamie does too. 

“So, uh, is Dani in the kitchen?”

“She’s not, actually. Owen’s just finishing dinner now. Do you mind going and fetching her and the kids?” 

“Sure, you got it.” 

“Thanks, love.”

Jamie smiles and nods. 

As she walks down the hall, Jamie peeks her head in various rooms looking for Dani. Oh right, and the kids. Christ, she thinks. There’s not a minute in the day she’s not thinking of Dani. After scanning several rooms, Jamie hears some coughing behind a closed door. Jamie shuffles closer to the door, placing her head against it. She hears some sniffling and rapid breaths. 

“Hehh… hhITChh’ew! *Snff!*

Jamie knocks lightly on the door and Dani freezes in place. 

“Oh, uh, just one second!” Dani scrambles to throw away her used tissue. She looks at her reflection to make sure she looks okay. Her nose is very red. She presses her fingers against her face, trying to think of something she can do to disguise her cold symptoms. There’s not really anything she can do. Shoot, she thinks. Dani swings open the door with a tired smile on her face. To her surprise, she sees Jamie, causing her smile to be less forced and more genuine. 

“Bless you.” Dani stares at her with a blank look on her face. “For the sneeze,” Jamie says with a smirk. 

Dani chuckles. “Oh, thank you. Heard that, huh?”

“I did. Is there dust down here too, huh, Poppins?” 

Jamie raises her eyebrows at the young blonde. She just wishes Dani would admit to not feeling well so she could care for the au pair. She needs to rest, not bustle around taking care of the kids. Jamie isn’t usually so in tune to other people’s well-being, but when it comes to Dani, everything’s different. Jamie may have a cool, relaxed, seemingly careless exterior, but inside, she’s very kind, caring, and compassionate. She really wants Dani to feel better and to be happy. She wants to be the one to make Dani happy. She really would, given the chance. 

Dani’s cheeks turn red and she smiles, casting her eyes towards the floor. She sighs. 

“Ahh, I don’t know. I might be coming down with a cold or something.” She punctuates her softly spoken sentence with a sniffle and swipe of her nose. 

“Dani,” Jamie says. “It’s okay. Nothing to worry about.” Dani’s still looking down, embarrassed. Jamie puts her finger under Dani’s chin, giving it a soft lift so their eyes meet. “Really. Nothing to be embarrassed about. You’re actually in luck because I provide excellent care to more than just plants.”

Dani smiles and Jamie beams at her. 

“Is that right?” Dani asks through a grin. 

“Mhmm, that’s right. So, until you’re better, you’re stuck with me. We can replace our wine date with a rest-on-the-couch date. I mean, I’m still gonna have wine, but you don’t have to. I’ll make you some tea. God knows your tea wouldn’t make anyone feel better.” 

Dani giggles at Jamie’s dry humor. 

“How bout it, Poppins?”

“Sounds amazing.”

Ohh goodness yes!! Such a great part, I loved the teasing in Dani's sneeze and Jamie's thought process in the pharmacy when she was picking up cold meds. Beautifully written! 😍

Soooo happy for an update to this fic!! And it just keeps getting better! I hope now that’s she’s admitted it there’s room for some good caretaking 🥰❤️

5 hours ago, MIN said:

Ohh goodness yes!! Such a great part, I loved the teasing in Dani's sneeze and Jamie's thought process in the pharmacy when she was picking up cold meds. Beautifully written! 😍

Thank you!! I really appreciate you replying :)) 

3 hours ago, Mems said:

Soooo happy for an update to this fic!! And it just keeps getting better! I hope now that’s she’s admitted it there’s room for some good caretaking 🥰❤️

Thank you so much! I’m a sucker for caretaking, so there’s a very good chance that’ll be coming up. Thank you for reading !

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2022 at 4:54 AM, jem said:

Thank you so much! I’m a sucker for caretaking, so there’s a very good chance that’ll be coming up. Thank you for reading !

Ooh love a bit of care taking! Looking forward to that!  Also I have an unrelated idea to pitch to you as I'd love to see your take on it (wasn't sure where else to put this so youd see it) - I have searched high and low and found absolute zip on one of my absolute faves, Avalance  (DC's Legends of tomorrow) its all cool if you've not heard of/seen the show/don't like it, but you're writing style + these two beautifully written chaotic lesbians would honestly be every single Christmas and birthday present combined for me! Absolutely no pressure, but you would make this Avalance loving bean very happy!