Sneeze Fetish Forum

A Not-So Enchanting Plague (Disney's Encanto, F, M) PART 8/8 FINISHED

sneezingfun894

Hi, everyone!

My latest obsession is Disney's most recent film, Encanto. My favorite characters are Bruno and Pepa Madrigal, so I decided to write this one focusing on Pepa, then it spreading throughout Casita.

DISCLAIMER: Though there are many characters under the age of 18 in this movie, only adults sneeze in this story, obviously. 

Feedback is appreciated!

-----

A NOT-SO ENCHANTING PLAGUE

“You are going to catch a monstrous cold, it’s gonna tie you in bed for some time” Bruno hesitated, but finally managed to pronounce these words, after his sister Pepa’s insisting.

“Oh, that’s what you saw? I don’t believe it, and you know why? Julieta’s healing hands could take care of it in a heartbeat.” – Pepa concluded, defiantly.

Bruno decided not to say anything else; after all, it had been just a little over a month since he was accepted back into the family. He did not want to start an argument with his sister that could potentially send him back to the dungeon he’d been living in for the past years. But he knew what he saw. It was a bad resfriado. But maybe Pepa was right: even if she does catch it and his vision turns out to be true, Julieta can instantly cure her.

Or... can she?

A couple days passed since this exchange, and both Bruno and Pepa forgot about it. But, as Pepa went down to the village to get groceries – Julieta was making Sancocho for dinner – she stopped at Señor Gonzalez’s Tienda to get potatoes and bananas. She was in such a rush she didn’t really notice the raspiness in the man’s voice and his cough. They chatted for a bit, then he handed her the bag with the fruits and vegetables with the same hand he’d carelessly sneezed on just a few minutes before. Pepa returned home with the infected bag, completely unaware that her brother’s vision was about to come true.

It was past 3AM when Pepa woke up feeling really cold, which was unusual, since this was Colombia and it rarely got this cold. She looked around to see if they’d left a window open, but to no avail. She pulled the covers on herself as Felix, her husband, snored like a damn sierra. She pulled her body closer to his in order to get some warmth, but that didn’t work either. She felt the need to cough, but she knew if she did, her daughter Dolores would probably hear her and be concerned. Shivering, she couldn’t hold it in anymore and she let out a very silent cough, which was loud enough to wake Dolores up. She opened the door with a look of concern in her face. She went into her parents’ room whispering,

¿Mama? ¿You okay?”

Pepa reponded back whispering as well, “Sí, mi vida. Don’t worry, I just choked on some water”

Though Felix was a heavy sleeper, he couldn’t help but wake up to the chatter going on beside him. He said, sleepily, “¿Qué pasa? ¿Is Antonio hurt?”

“Go back to sleep, mi amor, everything’s fine” Pepa reassured, but the last word was followed by a coughing fit, which she tried to stifle but failed. Outside, the sky was raging violently with thunders.

“Thunder?” Now Felix was wide awake. He knew full well his wife controlled the weather according to her mood, but he couldn’t really understand why she would be nervous right now.

“Pepa, mi vida, are you sure you’re okay?”

“Y-Eeepschew! I’m fine!”

As she sneezed, rain started pouring heavily outside and on the bed. Felix and Dolores looked at each other, knowingly.

“Mom, I can hear your body shaking. You’re enferma. Let us take care of you.”

“Should we get Julieta?” Felix asked, already getting up from the bed.

“No, no, no. It’s 3 AM, she would kill me. If I still feel sick in the morning, I’ll ta—IIIISCHEW! E-TSCHEW!

As she sneezed, the rain got progressively worse, combined with strong winds. She continued,

“I’ll talk to her. Now, Dolores, go back to your room. I’m sure I’ll be feeling better once the sun rises”

But, predictably, there was no sun to rise on that particular morning. Rather, with Pepa’s fever rising and her body chilling, the Madrigals woke up to snow falling.

“What the – “ Mirabel peeked through a window to find the ground covered in white. “Snow? In here? Are we in Arendelle?”

Like his niece, Bruno was an early riser. He paced slowly to where Mirabel was standing in astonishment, looked through the window and:

“Oh no. No no no.” He stepped away and started walking in circles repeating these words.

“What is it, tío Bruno?”

“This can only mean one thing,”

--

Inside Pepa and Felix’s bedroom, the remainder of the night was anything but a peaceful slumber. Neither of them was able to sleep much, due to Pepa’s constant sneezing, coughing and shivers. Felix was trying his best to keep her warm with his embrace, but it was useless. He hated seeing his wife like this. He couldn’t wait until morning so Julieta could help her sister get better.

“EH-TSCHEWW! TSCHEW!” Though it was snowing outside, the sneeze caused a small but rapid rainstorm that got both awake. She moaned. “I’m sorry, mi amor. I can’t help it”

“Stop, Pepita, it’s fine. Buenos días”.

They got up and started getting ready for breakfast. Pepa’s throat was burning and she didn’t feel like eating anything, but she knew she had to in order to feel better. Especially since her sister’s hands were cooking the meal.

They were the last ones to arrive to the breakfast table, and both felt like everyone knew what was going on.

Luisa stood up and said, “Here, tía Pepa, I’ll get you to your seat”. She lifted her aunt effortlessly and placed her in a chair.

“Is it true you’re sick, aunt Pepa?” Mirabel asked, concerned.

“A little, Mirabelita, but I’b sure I’ll feel better very soon.” She eyed her sister.

“Say no more. When Bruno told me you were sick, I rushed to make your favorite from when we were niñas: ajiacos. There are also some leftover arepas. Take a bite.

As she was about to eat the arepa, one thought came to mind.

“Hold od. How does everyone know I’b udder the weather?”

“Uh, why don’t you take a look outside?” Isabela snarked.

She did as she was told and saw the snow.

Díos mio! I’d better eat this fa—” She turned away from everybody as quickly as she could. “I-TSCHEEEW! EH-PTSCHEW! UH-TSCH”. Then, she bit a piece of the arepa.

“Salud!” the entire family chanted.

“Now eat up and I’m sure you’ll be back on your feet in no time” Julieta said, expectantly.

Gracias, hermana”. Pepa ate one arepa and some of the soup, but she still felt miserable.

Even after finishing, she let out a few sneezes. “A-TSCH! EEEETCH! TISHEW!

“I don’t understand. She was supposed to feel better instantly. Am I losing my powers?”

"It's probably not that, don't worry about it, cariño". Agustín, her husband, comforted her.

“Come on, Antonio, let’s have a snowball fight!” Camilo pulled his brother’s arm.

“Wait for me! I’m coming too!” Mirabel said, excitingly.

“Me too!” Luisa cheered.

They went outside as the grownups stayed inside.

“I think I have an explanation as to why my mother isn’t feeling better yet.” Dolores started.

“Oye, let’s hear it.” Abuela said.

“TSCHEW! *sniff* Tell us, corazón”

“I don’t think anyone saw it, but when she was about to eat the arepa, she turned away from the table not to sneeze-storm all over us, so she sneezed into the arepa, making it unable to heal her.”

“That’s brilliant, mi hija! So, all we have to do now is give her another arepa that hasn’t been sneezed on.” Felix said, cheerily.

“Cad we try this lader? I feel tired, let be just lay in bed for a bit”.

“Sure, amor! I’ll take you” Felix took his wife by the arm and led her back to their bedroom.

As her fever went higher and lower, the weather also changed from snow to extreme heat, putting an end to the Madrigal children’s fun snow day.

Pepa tried to rest for a bit, and when it was time for lunch, she went to the kitchen wearing gloves to stop her from contaminating her source of wellness. Julieta made fresh arepas especially for her sister. Pepa took a bite and could already feel her body going back to a regular temperature, her nostrils declogged and she no longer needed to sneeze again.

"Julieta, I feel much better. Thank you for getting me healthy again."

"You don't need to thank me. That's what sisters with healing gifts are for." They hugged, and as they did, they were interrupted by a....

“Heh—hehp- HETSCHUH!” Now all heads turned towards Bruno, the author of that sneeze. He turned red from embarrassment and “Uh.. sorry?”

“Oh no”, Antonio sighed. “Here we go again”

Edited by sneezingfun894
Not a “one-shot” anymore
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sneezingfun894

• Katzoo12

• RipleyToo

• MIN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This was fun! I always enjoy it when sneezing interferes with magic. The reference to Arendelle was cute, and everyone being like, "Um, look outside," when Pepa wondered how they knew she was sick.

Thanks for your feedback! I was wondering if the Arendelle reference was too much, but I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I wanted to make Pepa suffer a bit longer (sneeze-wise) but it wouldn’t be as “realistic”, having Julieta right there to help.

4 hours ago, sneezingfun894 said:

Thanks for your feedback! I was wondering if the Arendelle reference was too much, but I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I wanted to make Pepa suffer a bit longer (sneeze-wise) but it wouldn’t be as “realistic”, having Julieta right there to help.

It was great! I especially love the way the sneezes were written out. Would you be willing to do more for the adults in Encanto? And hey, if you’re worried about reality, I headcanon that Julieta’s food can’t COMPLETELY cure illness, just dull the worst symptoms for a time and give the immune system a boost.

21 hours ago, Katzoo12 said:

It was great! I especially love the way the sneezes were written out. Would you be willing to do more for the adults in Encanto? And hey, if you’re worried about reality, I headcanon that Julieta’s food can’t COMPLETELY cure illness, just dull the worst symptoms for a time and give the immune system a boost.

This was originally thought as a one-shot, but I think I could work on something this weekend with more sick Madrigals… and the boost thing can totally work as an excuse to make Pepa sick just a liiittle longer. She’s not free from it just yet. I wanna make sick Bruno so bad

3 hours ago, sneezingfun894 said:

This was originally thought as a one-shot, but I think I could work on something this weekend with more sick Madrigals… and the boost thing can totally work as an excuse to make Pepa sick just a liiittle longer. She’s not free from it just yet. I wanna make sick Bruno so bad

YAS. And honestly I would also love to see sick Isabela, Luisa, and Julieta too. But hey, do what you can. I think you’re the first one to write an Encanto sneezefic tbh

Not an update on the story yet, but I was reading about it and came across this:

"I have this headcannon that Julieta can heal anything EXCEPT colds and flus but she can just lessen the symptoms? If ya know what I mean. Like if someone’s throwing up and is all sweaty, just a bowl of soup can fix that but they’ll still have mild symptoms like feeling their hands get a bit wet or their stomach may gurgle a bit but not as extreme until the bug is gone from their system.(Another small headcannon that Julieta makes everyone who has the cold/flu to drink water to drown out all the germs/bacteria and everyone just thinks she has this special holy water)"

So yeah, Pepi's suffering is not done. And expect this plague hitting more Madrigals!

On 2/5/2022 at 4:48 PM, sneezingfun894 said:

Not an update on the story yet, but I was reading about it and came across this:

"I have this headcannon that Julieta can heal anything EXCEPT colds and flus but she can just lessen the symptoms? If ya know what I mean. Like if someone’s throwing up and is all sweaty, just a bowl of soup can fix that but they’ll still have mild symptoms like feeling their hands get a bit wet or their stomach may gurgle a bit but not as extreme until the bug is gone from their system.(Another small headcannon that Julieta makes everyone who has the cold/flu to drink water to drown out all the germs/bacteria and everyone just thinks she has this special holy water)"

So yeah, Pepi's suffering is not done. And expect this plague hitting more Madrigals!

Remembering the fact that you said that Bruno is another one of your favorite characters, (plus the ending of the first part) I can only assume he’ll be next. But I won’t mind, I think it’ll be great! And something tells me you’re going to use the “holy water” headcanon too…

My, my!! How lovely!! This is a wonderful fic!! I must’ve read it at least 4 times already. It’s just so good! I wonder how Bruno would deal with the cold. Okay, yes, that is me practically begging for a part 2. If you’re up to it of course. But I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed this fic!

Sorry for the delay, it's been a hectic week. But at least I managed to write a little more tonight. It's not much, but I do intend to continue. As always, feedback is appreciated ❤️

This part contains M sneezing/allergies. (I tried to edit the title to add M and more tags, but I can't). 

PART 2

“Guess this thing is taking all of us down, isn’t it?” Isabela said, looking at her red-nosed uncle who was wiping his nose.

“It’s kinda funny”, Bruno added, “For all those years I’ve spent in hiding, not once did I get sick.”

“Lo siento, hermani—TSCHEW!” Pepa sneezed unexpectedly and had no time to cover. “Sorry, everyone....”

“It’s okay, Pepi” her husband made sure she wouldn’t get worked up for silly reasons.

“Well” Julieta proclaimed, standing up, “Guess I should head back to the oven to make more healing food.”

“Mama, wait” Maribel said, slightly pulling her mother’s arm, “I don’t think you need to go right away, right, tío Bruno and tía Pepa?”

As both were about to answer, they sneezed at the same time.

“IIITSCHEW!”, sneezed Pepa.

“UHRSHOOO!”, sneezed Bruno.

“Um, I’ll take that as a ‘no’, but” Mirabel continued.

“Come on, mi vida. Let’s get you back in bed. It seems like you still need some recovering to do.” Felix took his wife by the hand and let her place her head on his shoulder as they walked back to her bedroom.

Mirabel knew Bruno had no one to take him back into his bedroom, so she decided to step up and do it.

“Come, tío Bruno. I’ll tuck you in.”

“You don’t have to, really.”

“Come on, don’t be stubborn.”

He caved and let her lead him into his bedroom.

The afternoon went on eventlessly. Julieta made a pitcher of herbal tea and their favorite foods for her sick siblings . She stopped at Bruno’s bedroom feeling he needed some company.

“Hey, hermanito” she said, while opening his door slightly. “How are you feeling?”

Bruno was pale from running a fever, he was shivering and kept a beat-up handkerchief under his nose to keep it from dripping.

EEEERSHOO! I’b the picture of health, as you cad see”, he said, jokingly.

“Pobrecito. Here, have some tea.” He took a sip from the cup she handed him. It felt soothing. “Remember when we were like eight and we would play house? You and Pepa were my ‘niños’ and I cooked for you”

He smiled at the memory and added, “Yeah, and remember that Pepa always got mad because she wanted to be the mamá? That would eventually turn into a literal rain on our parade”

They both laughed, which triggered Bruno’s cough a bit. “Excuse me” he said, blushing. “You should, uh, you shouldn’t... stay here. You’re going to catch this. It’s not a prophecy, it’s science.”

“It’s okay, I don’t mind. As long as my brother feels better.”

“You are the best.”

“No such thing. Now – she added, while getting up to leave – I gotta check on my other paciente.”

“She’s probably feeling a bit better, no change in the weather in sight.” As he ended this sentence, a strong thunder ripped from the sky. “Oops, too soon.”

“I’d better go. Feel better! If you need anything, you know where to find me.”

A while later, Bruno got another visitor: his niece Isabela. She felt like she didn’t know much about her uncle, and she was feeling guilty about it. She’d been so egotistic she only saw herself. But, with everything that had happened in the past month, she was learning to see others too.

Permiso” she said, with her angelic voice. “Tío Bruno, can I come in?”

“Of course! Come on in”

“Here, I brought this arrange of flowers to make you feel better.”

However, Isa didn’t know her uncle was severely allergic to the polen of flowers. As soon as his nostrils felt the polen, they started twitching heavily and he had no time to warn his niece of what was coming.

EEEEETSCH! IIIHSHEEW! YEETCH” He opened his eyes to see a baffled Isabela holding the now drenched array. “Oh my God, Isabela, I am so sorry, I—”

“It’s—it´s okay, tío. You don’t need to worry.

“I think I – ETCHOO! I’m allergi—TCHOOO! Allergic to the fl—EEEEEETSHOO!”

Isabela put the flowers as further away from her uncle as she could, while still feeling sympathetic. She knew he didn’t mean to sneeze on her. And she could tell he was miserable”

“To this day I remember when you told me about my power” she said, while gently grabbing his hand. He was embarrassed and his cheeks were red from the fever and now from shame. “I felt invincible.”

“You are. It’s too bad things didn’t work with Mariano.”

“It was never meant to be. He deserves happiness, and I could never give him that. Dolores can. I’m sure I’ll find my soulmate one day.”

“Yeah....” he looked away with a touch of sadness in his expression.

“And you will too.” She smirked at him as she knew what was going through his mind.

“Right, a fifty-year old man with rats along his back who can give you the worst propecies about your life. Who would want that?” he dabbed at his nose.

“Stop it, tío Bruno. You are way more than this and you know it. I know when you find this person, they’re gonna be the luckiest to have you.”

“Thank you for this, sobriña. And sorry for sneezing on you.”

“Like I said, don’t worry. I’m pretty sure everyone here will catch this sooner or later. Well, I’m going to let you rest for now. Adiós!”

EEETSCHEW! Bye”

Edited by sneezingfun894
7 minutes ago, Katzoo12 said:

I AM LOVING THIS! THE SNEEZES THE PLOT, EVERYTHING! 😍

Oh, and judging by Julieta and Isabela visiting Bruno, I bet I can tell who gets sick next…😏 thanks for taking my suggestion by the way! 

I absolutely love this! It's so well done! I love bruno and pepa, but I really wasn't expecting to love them in this as much as I do! I won't say no to Julieta catching this if you decide to continue! Just a thought 😃

Thank you all for your responses! I honestly wasn’t expecting this much feedback! I changed the title to add male sneezes too. Feel free to make requests! This can be interactive: do you prefer Isa or Julieta getting sick next?

15 minutes ago, sneezingfun894 said:

Thank you all for your responses! I honestly wasn’t expecting this much feedback! I changed the title to add male sneezes too. Feel free to make requests! This can be interactive: do you prefer Isa or Julieta getting sick next?

Honestly, it would be more realistic for Isa, since Bruno sneezed all over her. But I also love Julieta! You do whatever you want!

35 minutes ago, sneezingfun894 said:

Mmmmhm, I love Julietta, but Isa’s seems more likely. Then, Julietta.

I like the idea of Isa getting sick then Julieta catching it shortly after, but the worse she gets the more she Denys it and tries to hide the fact that she's sick as she's supposed to be the one who heals and helps everyone else. Or something similar with Pepa where Julietas recipes don't work as well for her as she's now caught the bug. Just a couple thoughts 

4 minutes ago, MIN said:

I like the idea of Isa getting sick then Julieta catching it shortly after, but the worse she gets the more she Denys it and tries to hide the fact that she's sick as she's supposed to be the one who heals and helps everyone else. Or something similar with Pepa where Julietas recipes don't work as well for her as she's now caught the bug. Just a couple thoughts 

YAS those are great ideas! I totally agree!

I really enjoy your ideas!!!! But I was thinking of doing something before all of this can happen. 😏 no spoilers, but I think this way it’ll turn out great!

I’ll try to get more writing done by the middle of the week (Mondays and Tuesdays are dreary), and I promise not to disappoint 🤗

11 minutes ago, sneezingfun894 said:

I really enjoy your ideas!!!! But I was thinking of doing something before all of this can happen. 😏 no spoilers, but I think this way it’ll turn out great!

I’ll try to get more writing done by the middle of the week (Mondays and Tuesdays are dreary), and I promise not to disappoint 🤗

Ok, we'll be looking forward to it! OOOO I CAN'T WAIT! 😍

Before the week gets all chaotic again, I had this idea for PART 3. To be honest, I really liked this part.... it was really fun and effortless to write. I hope you enjoy it. And yes, of course there will be more. 

PART 3 

Julieta walked over to Pepa’s room with a tray of orange juice, ‘holy’ water (as her family called it – but, as a matter of fact, was only regular water, enhanced with Julieta’s healing powers) and some snacks. She knew her sister could use some caretaking too. Though she had Felix, a little sisterly love couldn’t hurt. She knocked and was let in by Felix.

“How’s she feeling?” Julieta asked, in a hushed tone. She could see Pepa had her eyes closed and she didn’t want to disturb her.

“Better than earlier. Come in!”

Hola, Juli...” Pepa Madrigal said with a weakened voice. “Oh, for me?”

. Let’s see if we can get this bug out of your body.”

“Thank you.” The first thing Pepa grabbed from the tray was the ‘holy’ water. It helped lessen the burning feeling in her throat as soon as she drank it.

“I knew you’d go for the agua first” Julieta pointed out.

“Of course! It helped me with my labor pains all three times!”

“Now, some orange juice for that vitamin C boost...” Pepa picked up the juice glass and drank it, obediently.

“T--SHEEW! Ugh, excuse me. But I think this was the last one. I feel so much better already.”

“That makes me really happy, hermanita. Here, have a snack. Let’s hope our girls don’t catch this.”

“Or you! Poor thing, you’ve been so good taking care of your siblings, I hope your healing powers can shield you from this.”

They chatted for a bit about life, about Dolores and Mariano, among other things.

Another couple days passed, and Pepa was already feeling completely healed, showing no symptoms. Bruno had an occasional cough and sneezed once in a while, but all in al lhe felt okay. However, this bug wasn’t done feasting with the Madrigals. Its next victim was the one who’d been sneezed on all over by her uncle.

It was the end of the afternoon when Isabela was writing a letter to someone when she felt a pounding in her head. She thought it could be because she hadn’t eaten anything since lunch, so she went to the kitchen to get some bread and milk. As soon as she drank it, her throat burned like she’d just eaten something really spicy. She flinched at the feeling, and tried to mask it by eating a piece of bread. But that was useless. She then felt an uncontrollable tickle in her nose, which she knew would make her sneeze. She rushed out of the kitchen and let out a single

“IIITSHAH”.

Dolores, who’d heard her, popped up and,

“You’re next.”

“What?” Isabela looked confused.

“You’re the next to catch what my mother and tío Bruno had. Good luck.”

Isabela sighed heavily, remembering what had happened two days ago when she visited her uncle.

Tío Bruno” she mumbled under her breath, “Te mato*! IIIIITSCH-EW!! TCHEEW!”

Though Isabela was trying to be less ‘perfect’, one can’t change their ways overnight. So, she had a malicious plan in mind.

“Oh, Dolores, Dolores” she said to herself, while swinging from the flower swing and picking a rose apart, “You think you’re immune just because your mom had it and you didn’t catch it? We’ll see...... we’ll see.” She grinned.

Dinnertime went on normally. Bruno sneezed a couple times and was met with sympathetic bless yous from his family. He liked being blessed. He hadn’t for the last ten years. Isabela was doing her best to conceal her incoming illness. It was part of the plan. She struggled to eat without wincing, but since it was soup, it was easier to push down without making it obvious. Luckily, she didn’t feel the urge to sneeze during dinner. After they ate, they all went to their bedrooms, except for Dolores. She had made plans to take a walk with Mariano.  Which was perfect for Isabela, because....

After everyone went to bed, Isabela also went back to her own, but not for long. She picked up a few flowers that had peduncles and started putting her plan into action. She tiptoed around the hallway, made sure no one was watching her and proceeded to Dolores’ room. Before touching the doorknob, she placed a peduncle inside her nostril, tickling it. The urge to let out a huge sneeze was thrilling, but she knew she had to be as quiet as she could. She aimed her mouth at the knob and,

“TSHHHHHHHHHHIH” the doorknob was drenched with her sneeze particles and as soon as Dolores would touch it, she would probably be as miserable.

But Isa wasn’t done. She turned the doorknob and opened the door to her cousin’s bedroom. She had to be quick. She knew many Madrigals were light sleepers. She directed herself to where she knew her cousin would most likely go first: her wardrobe to change into a nightgown.

She repeated the procedure, but this time she teased her nostrils a bit longer, since Dolores’ bedroom was a bit soundproof. When she couldn’t take it anymore, she let out five spraying sneezes.

AAAATSCHEE! IIITSCHEE! IIITSCHU!” TSHEESHHH! ESSHHHEW!”

She went on to do the same with the vanity, bed and pillows.

When she was done, she made sure no one was around before leaving the germ-filled bedroom. She left with a smile on her face, but she desperately needed to blow her nose.

--

Desayuno!” Julieta said loudly, calling every family member to the table. Isabela had woken up a few minutes before that, and she was feeling worse than ever. There was no way she could conceal her symptoms today, so she just decided to let everyone know. It was hopeless trying to hide it. She came to the breakfast table carrying a silk handkerchief. She had black round circles around her eyes and they were sort of teary.

“Buenos días, cariño” Julieta looked at her oldest child and knew right away. “Are you ok?”

“Not so much, mamá...I think I caught what tía Pepa and tío Bruno had...” she sniffled.

Dolores whispered to herself, “I knew it.”

“Oh, my poor baby girl. Here, take your seat. I’ll bring you some tea.”

TSHEE! Excuse me.” She wiped her nose.

“Sorry, kid. My fault.” Bruno said, apologetically.

“It’s okay, like I said, we’re all gonna catch this.” She eyed Dolores discreetly.

* Isabela says 'I'll kill you'.

--- 

Now I'm anxious for you to read this part, please tell me what you think ❤️

Edited by sneezingfun894

WHAT A TWIST!! This was soo good! I was not expecting that! Absolute perfection! Isa of all people trying to pass it on to her cousin, it seems so unlikely yet so very likely at the same time! I was really struggling to picture what isas sneezes would sound like, but you've definitely done her justice!

4 hours ago, sneezingfun894 said:

Before the week gets all chaotic again, I had this idea for PART 3. To be honest, I really liked this part.... it was really fun and effortless to write. I hope you enjoy it. And yes, of course there will be more. 

PART 3 

Julieta walked over to Pepa’s room with a tray of orange juice, ‘holy’ water (as her family called it – but, as a matter of fact, was only regular water, enhanced with Julieta’s healing powers) and some snacks. She knew her sister could use some caretaking too. Though she had Felix, a little sisterly love couldn’t hurt. She knocked and was let in by Felix.

“How’s she feeling?” Julieta asked, in a hushed tone. She could see Pepa had her eyes closed and she didn’t want to disturb her.

“Better than earlier. Come in!”

Hola, Juli...” Pepa Madrigal said with a weakened voice. “Oh, for me?”

. Let’s see if we can get this bug out of your body.”

“Thank you.” The first thing Pepa grabbed from the tray was the ‘holy’ water. It helped lessen the burning feeling in her throat as soon as she drank it.

“I knew you’d go for the agua first” Julieta pointed out.

“Of course! It helped me with my labor pains all three times!”

“Now, some orange juice for that vitamin C boost...” Pepa picked up the juice glass and drank it, obediently.

“T--SHEEW! Ugh, excuse me. But I think this was the last one. I feel so much better already.”

“That makes me really happy, hermanita. Here, have a snack. Let’s hope our girls don’t catch this.”

“Or you! Poor thing, you’ve been so good taking care of your siblings, I hope your healing powers can shield you from this.”

They chatted for a bit about life, about Dolores and Mariano, among other things.

Another couple days passed, and Pepa was already feeling completely healed, showing no symptoms. Bruno had an occasional cough and sneezed once in a while, butt all in al lhe felt okay. However, this bug wasn’t done feasting with the Madrigals. Its next victim was the one who’d been sneezed on all over by her uncle.

It was the end of the afternoon when Isabela was writing a letter to someone when she felt a pounding in her head. She thought it could be because she hadn’t eaten anything since lunch, so she went to the kitchen to get some bread and milk. As soon as she drank it, her throat burned like she’d just eaten something really spicy. She flinched at the feeling, and tried to mask it by eating a piece of bread. But that was useless. She then felt an uncontrollable tickle in her nose, which she knew would make her sneeze. She rushed out of the kitchen and let out a single

“IIITSHAH”.

Dolores, who’d heard her, popped up and,

“You’re next.”

“What?” Isabela looked confused.

“You’re the next to catch what my mother and tío Bruno had. Good luck.”

Isabela sighed heavily, remembering what had happened two days ago when she visited her uncle.

Tío Bruno” she mumbled under her breath, “Te mato*! IIIIITSCH-EW!! TCHEEW!”

Though Isabela was trying to be less ‘perfect’, one can’t change their ways overnight. So, she had a malicious plan in mind.

“Oh, Dolores, Dolores” she said to herself, while swinging from the flower swing and picking a rose apart, “You think you’re immune just because your mom had it and you didn’t catch it? We’ll see...... we’ll see.” She grinned.

Dinnertime went on normally. Bruno sneezed a couple times and was met with sympathetic bless yous from his family. He liked being blessed. He hadn’t for the last ten years. Isabela was doing her best to conceal her incoming illness. It was part of the plan. She struggled to eat without wincing, but since it was soup, it was easier to push down without making it obvious. Luckily, she didn’t feel the urge to sneeze during dinner. After they ate, they all went to their bedrooms, except for Dolores. She had made plans to take a walk with Mariano.  Which was perfect for Isabela, because....

After everyone went to bed, Isabela also went back to her own, but not for long. She picked up a few flowers that had peduncles and started putting her plan into action. She tiptoed around the hallway, made sure no one was watching her and proceeded to Dolores’ room. Before touching the doorknob, she placed a peduncle inside her nostril, tickling it. The urge to let out a huge sneeze was thrilling, but she knew she had to be as quiet as she could. She aimed her mouth at the knob and,

“TSHHHHHHHHHHIH” the doorknob was drenched with her sneeze particles and as soon as Dolores would touch it, she would probably be as miserable.

But Isa wasn’t done. She turned the doorknob and opened the door to her cousin’s bedroom. She had to be quick. She knew many Madrigals were light sleepers. She directed herself to where she knew her cousin would most likely go first: her wardrobe to change into a nightgown.

She repeated the procedure, but this time she teased her nostrils a bit longer, since Dolores’ bedroom was a bit soundproof. When she couldn’t take it anymore, she let out five spraying sneezes.

AAAATSCHEE! IIITSCHEE! IIITSCHU!” TSHEESHHH! ESSHHHEW!”

She went on to do the same with the vanity, bed and pillows.

When she was done, she made sure no one was around before leaving the germ-filled bedroom. She left with a smile on her face, but she desperately needed to blow her nose.

--

Desayuno!” Julieta said loudly, calling every family member to the table. Isabela had woken up a few minutes before that, and she was feeling worse than ever. There was no way she could conceal her symptoms today, so she just decided to let everyone know. It was hopeless trying to hide it. She came to the breakfast table carrying a silk handkerchief. She had black round circles around her eyes and they were sort of teary.

“Buenos días, cariño” Julieta looked at her Middle child and knew right away. “Are you ok?”

“Not so much, mamá...I think I caught what tía Pepa and tío Bruno had...” she sniffled.

Dolores whispered to herself, “I knew it.”

“Oh, my poor baby girl. Here, take your seat. I’ll bring you some tea.”

TSHEE! Excuse me.” She wiped her nose.

“Sorry, kid. My fault.” Bruno said, apologetically.

“It’s okay, like I said, we’re all gonna catch this.” She eyed Dolores discreetly.

* Isabela says 'I'll kill you'.

--- 

Now I'm anxious for you to read this part, please tell me what you think ❤️

I’m LOVING this! Especially Isa trying to pass it on to Dolores…like you said, no one can change overnight. One nitpick though: Isabels is Julieta’s eldest at 21. Luisa is the middle child at 19. Other than that, it’s great!

13 hours ago, Katzoo12 said:

I’m LOVING this! Especially Isa trying to pass it on to Dolores…like you said, no one can change overnight. One nitpick though: Isabels is Julieta’s eldest at 21. Luisa is the middle child at 19. Other than that, it’s great!

Oops! My bad, I knew that 🤦🏼‍♀️ That’s what I get for writing too fast lol. Changed it