Sneeze Fetish Forum

Am I the only fetishist that’s aroace?

Katzoo12

Like I DEFINITELY have the fetish, it just…doesn’t show up when I’m interacting with people in my daily life. The only times I get really horny/turned on is when I’m reading some stuff on here or watching some sneeze videos online, 

I'm no expert either, but that seems pretty contradictory. Normally a fetishist can't be aroace, but I could be wrong. From my point of view in any case, an asexual is a person who does not feel erotic attraction, but maybe I did not have the right information on the subject. :unsure:

Aromantic definition on Google : Aromanticism is a romantic orientation that consists of the inability to experience romantic attraction, regardless of the sex or gender of the person. Aromantic people cannot "fall in love" but can develop friendly or queer-platonic relationships.

Do you feel excited when you share intimate moments with a person, that this one has a cold and sneezes ?

Now to answer your question, if the two together are possible, I would say no, you must not be the only one. Have you ever tried the forum search engine ? By using keywords like "aroace, aromantic or asexual", you will surely find other people who are aroace like you and who have already talked about it on other forum topics. ^_^

for those not sure what aroace means, educate yourself.  It’s a spectrum, not black and white, just like how the fetish is different for each one of us.    See links below   

https://www.healthline.com/health/what-is-asexual

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/aromantic

And @Katzoo12, I am.  And it runs pretty much the same way for me.  This is the only thing that will trigger any level of sexual response for me - fics, obs & vids only.  Real life encounters don’t really do out for me unless it’s heard and not seen.   While they’re may not be others that link up exactly the same way as you, I’m pretty sure there are other aroace members here.    They just may not have identified themselves.  
there is this thread, in which people have identified their sexual orientations.  Haven’t read through it all since I posted in it, but here it is. 

3 hours ago, aggedy_ann said:

for those not sure what aroace means, educate yourself.  It’s a spectrum, not black and white, just like how the fetish is different for each one of us.    See links below   

https://www.healthline.com/health/what-is-asexual

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/aromantic

And @Katzoo12, I am.  And it runs pretty much the same way for me.  This is the only thing that will trigger any level of sexual response for me - fics, obs & vids only.  Real life encounters don’t really do out for me unless it’s heard and not seen.   While they’re may not be others that link up exactly the same way as you, I’m pretty sure there are other aroace members here.    They just may not have identified themselves.  
there is this thread, in which people have identified their sexual orientations.  Haven’t read through it all since I posted in it, but here it is. 

Thanks for defending me. Yeah, a lot of people don’t seem to realize that it’s a spectrum. Also, thanks for the lgbt post, I’ll check it out!

8 hours ago, webmeistro said:

I'm not really an expert but doesn't aroace mean asexual as well as aromantic? So if you are getting turned on...

It does…but it’s a spectrum. That means that some asexual people masturbate/feel pleasure, but only in specific circumstances. For me, I can’t imagine having sex with people irl, and being witness to sneezing irl doesn’t do it for me, while it may do it for a lot of other people. Like I said, the only way I feel sexual pleasure is when I’m reading stuff on here or watching specific videos

3 hours ago, Katzoo12 said:

It does…but it’s a spectrum. That means that some asexual people masturbate/feel pleasure, but only in specific circumstances. For me, I can’t imagine having sex with people irl, and being witness to sneezing irl doesn’t do it for me, while it may do it for a lot of other people. Like I said, the only way I feel sexual pleasure is when I’m reading stuff on here or watching specific videos

same, wanna chat? haven't met anyone like me lol. What's your snap?

On 9/18/2022 at 12:50 PM, SneezeGarlicBread said:

same, wanna chat? haven't met anyone like me lol. What's your snap?

I don't have snapchat but I do have instagram, tumblr, and facebook. We could also chat on here tbh

19 minutes ago, webmeistro said:

Just a quick reminder not to post snap or insta or any personal information in the main board.

Fair enough. Thank you for reminding us of that 

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, A4o said:

I'm ace, but i'm not out yet.  Seeing your post made me feel less alone.  Thank you 

No prob. Yeah for the longest time I didn’t even know I was aroace. It was actually thanks to one of my irl friends that I finally put a name to my sexuality. 

Hi, just saw this post. I am just like you (nos desire unless specific circumstances) and i think it's called aegosexual. Nice to see i'm not alone😊.

59 minutes ago, SneezeLucario said:

Hi, just saw this post. I am just like you (nos desire unless specific circumstances) and i think it's called aegosexual. Nice to see i'm not alone😊.

Huh…never even knew there was a term for it under the asexual spectrum. Anyway, nice to meet you!

2 hours ago, SneezeLucario said:

Sort of? I mean, let me say, I am absolutely in favor of everyone using whatever term works best for them!!! But since it sounded like maybe you weren’t sure, I’ll say this:

Graysexual/Gray-A: not being attracted to people except for occasionally/under specific circumstances/etc.

Aegosexual: being attracted only to people in theory (characters, musicians, people walking down the street, etc). 

Asexual (as an individual sexuality, rather than an umbrella term): not being attracted to people…but you can still be attracted to other things that go with people, like sneezing!

I’m aegosexual; I’m basically only attracted to people I don’t know (mostly actors and fictional characters), but I can also be attracted to people I do know WHEN AND ONLY WHEN they’re doing something I’m attracted to (like sneezing).

Edited by MyOwnPrivateSFC

I'm asexual but not aromantic. Asexuals can still get turned on, but even when I'm turned on I don't desire sex. I also usually fall nearer to the sex-repulsed side of the spectrum. 

9 hours ago, Katzoo12 said:

Huh…never even knew there was a term for it under the asexual spectrum. Anyway, nice to meet you!

Thanks😊.

I'm asexual and sex has never been a big deal for me. I don't hate it nor do I particularly enjoy it, in fact, I find it rather boring. I can feel arousal on occasion if it's around shark week and if I listen to certain WAVs but at the same time I'm not interested in irl sneezing so that rarely happens as is, my kink is entirely in a fictional context.

Asexuality is such a broad spectrum and it's indeed tiring when others try to black or white it.

That's very interesting, and it's great that the world seems to be acknowledging sexuality is a broad spectrum, not just black and white definitions. A couple of things in that Healthline article are a bit confusing though. It says:

An asexual person might want to have sex for plenty of reasons, including:

and the reasons listed are

• to satisfy their libido
    • to conceive children
    • to make their partner happy
    • to experience the physical pleasure of sex
    • to show and receive affection
    • for the sensual pleasure of sex, including touching and cuddling

The reasons I've highlighted sound rather like the reasons a non-asexual person would want sex to me. If those motivations can be included in the definition of asexual, it seems difficult to see how you'd define a non-asexual person.

The rest of the reasons and article do seem to make sense though.

Edited by Heathcliff
  • 3 weeks later...

Holy shit, I thought I’d be completely alone. It’s so nice to know I’m not the only aroace in the community ;-; Especially because I had such a huge sexuality crisis because of my fetish.

I only really get turned on by stories (sometimes videos and obs) and myself sneezing/being taken care of (which is probably mostly because I never had someone taking care of me growing up). A sneeze fetish gets a little complicated when you have OCD and are aroace :,)

Also, adding to the discussion on asexuality above: libido (sexual drive/desire) is different from sexual attraction. An asexual person can experience the desire to have sex in general without having any specific attraction to a person or gender. Like the difference between feeling hunger  and craving a specific food. 

An asexual manifestation of the fetish should not be difficult to understand considering the fact that most fetishists develop an interest in sneezing when they are very young children i.e. before puberty and sexual interest emerges. Technically, the asexual version of the fetish is the first one we all had. It is only sexualized later on, if at all.

42 minutes ago, resolution said:

An asexual manifestation of the fetish should not be difficult to understand considering the fact that most fetishists develop an interest in sneezing when they are very young children i.e. before puberty and sexual interest emerges. Technically, the asexual version of the fetish is the first one we all had. It is only sexualized later on, if at all.

True. I definitely remember taking an interest to books and visual media with sneezing in it early on…as well as always asking dad to tell me bedtime stories with sneezing in them.

8 minutes ago, 47Bears said:

I’m not sure if I’m Aro but I’m definitely ace

Interesting...so how exactly does your fetish work? For me I still pleasure myself and get turned on, but it's really only when I'm reading stuff on here/watching videos. If I watch someone sneeze in my day to day life, it doesn't really GET me. I definitely can't imagine having sex with someone irl.