Sneeze Fetish Forum

Who do you feel comfortable blessing (if you feel comfortable at all)?

peach2218

For close to two decades, I never blessed anyone at all. It was so horrifically uncomfortable that I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. 

Now I’ll say it to friends and coworkers if they’re directly next to me and I feel like I don’t have much of a choice, and *maybe* the occasional stranger, but they have to be relatively young. If they are more than 15-20 years older than me, I can’t/won’t say it. It grosses me out. Gender doesn’t really matter to me. I’m hetero, but I still enjoy saying it to and hearing it from both genders. Oddly enough I don’t bless my husband. He doesn’t know about the fetish and he doesn’t say thank you if he’s blessed, so I gave up on that years ago. 

I hate blessing people who don’t say thank you! I feel comfortable and almost enjoy blessing everyone except family members. I only bless strangers if they’re relatively close to me because I don’t want to be obvious about focusing on their sneeze. 

It just doesn't form part of my vocabulary in real life. It must be under 5 times my entire life I've ever said it to anyone and even then it would have to be gender specific (the same as liking being blessed is gender specific for me) and ideally someone I'd never see again as well as being pretty much unavoidable. 1 time someone specifically called me out asking if I'm going to bless them or not?! 😅😭

It is part of the overall package for me, I like it a great deal so not something I can drop into every day life routine. 

I would rather appear rude by not saying it than actually saying it. The times where something just has to be said I may do the ...laugh...are you ok? routine instead. 

Why am I like this?

31 minutes ago, Superman said:

1 time someone specifically called me out asking if I'm going to bless them or not?! 😅😭

I HATE when people call me/other people out for not saying bless you. I think that’s more rude than not saying it. If you insist on something being said after a sneeze, how about you excuse yourself? 😅 

Since blessing someone when they sneeze isn't a part of the culture in Sweden, it has never become a part of the act of sneezing. When I'm in a country where you bless people I do, since it has no emotional meaning to me.

3 hours ago, peach2218 said:

I HATE when people call me/other people out for not saying bless you. I think that’s more rude than not saying it. If you insist on something being said after a sneeze, how about you excuse yourself? 😅 

RIGHT! I'm totally scarred by this episode from many years ago. It was in a public place too for extra soul destruction. 

She will have probably spotted that I noticed it because..... even with discretion I def noticed lol but you know.... don't do this!

1 hour ago, EveP said:

Since blessing someone when they sneeze isn't a part of the culture in Sweden

I was today years old when I learned about this!

I know the roots of where it comes from etc but it is a strange thing for those around you to be compelled to say something post sneeze. 

Is there any acknowledgement of it in Sweden at all or has the same response as a cough or a yawn etc. I.E - literally nothing?

This is a good question since blessing is a part of my fetish. I haven’t blessed anyone in years and it’s something I would like to get comfortable with. I am comfortable blessing fellow fetishists at the moment.

Actually, I’m so focused on the sneezes that when someone sneezes I immediately say : “Bless you ! Are you sick ? Do you need a tissue ?”

So, I bless people very easily but no one does in return TwT But it’s okay I don’t really like to sneeze in public and be noticed by that.

I don’t mind blessing people bc I feel like they will be super sus if I didn’t bless them and start questioning me

i do get shy when people bless me though since I already feel weird sneezing in public 

8 hours ago, peach2218 said:

OMG I agree

For a long time, I just didn't bless people unless I was right next to them and absolutely had to do, although even then, I often didn't do it. On some level, it felt a little disrespectful to me, despite the uncomfortableness of such an action, so I trained myself to be able to say it and then go about my day like normal instead of melting into a puddle and disappearing into a sewer grate.

I bless everyone, every single individual sneeze, because I have OCD and it feels impolite/immoral (yay moral scrupulosity) to say nothing. To be honest, I don’t understand the thing about only blessing someone once? Like apparently (according to my parents growing up when I would bless them too much) if you bless someone once and they continue sneezing, you’re not supposed to do it again.

I do have a friend that has specifically requested not to be blessed though, so I do my best not to for them.

18 hours ago, Superman said:

Is there any acknowledgement of it in Sweden at all or has the same response as a cough or a yawn etc. I.E - literally nothing?

It's the same as a cough or a yawn. Swedes are probably percieved as rude by English speakers because we don't bless, we rarely say "please" and we address everybody with their first name (except for the members of the royal family). We're not though, it's just part of our culture in the same way as it is normal for us to take off our shoes when we enter a house or to ask evertbody who comes to visit if they would like some coffee.

Mostly no one but I would say my boyfriend and my closer friends (like 3 or 4 of them)

I used to really hate saying it because it feels super intimate to me. My partner always blesses me, like every single time, and it's made me feel so awkward that I just had to get used to saying it back to him lol. Anyway, that forced me to be better with it so now I'm able to bless my partner, my friends, and other fetishits ofc. But most of the time I just ignore it in strangers.

In Canada, or at least in my experience, literally nobody cares whether you bless them or not. Now that I am living in Spain people bless each other almost all the time and it seems rude not to say it, so I'm trying to say it at my workplace. When I lived in Ireland and Italy in the past, I noticed people really said it there most of the time too. I find it very interesting how it varies by culture and country. Since I keep finding myself in places where everyone says it, I better just get used to saying it or else someone around here is going to think I'm rude or something LOL.

I actually don't have any problem blessing most people. I won't avoid blessing people even if I don't want to see them sneeze, because I'm polite like that 😇 I might be angry at people I find unattractive if they sneeze, but I won't let my anger show. The only people I won't bless are strangers because I find that kinda creepy and I wouldn't like it if strangers blessed me either. 

I can speak four languages, and I don't remember ever saying "bless you" to anyone (or myself) ever in my entire life in any of the four languages hahahaha.

I just find it incredibly awkward. I think it goes back to the fact that for as long as I can remember, my parents would make a huge fuss whenever I would sneeze. I believe this is the reason why I developed a mental block and why I don't say "bless you" (to avoid embarrassing others).

34 minutes ago, Jessica said:

I can speak four languages, and I don't remember ever saying "bless you" to anyone (or myself) ever in my entire life in any of the four languages hahahaha.

I just find it incredibly awkward. I think it goes back to the fact that for as long as I can remember, my parents would make a huge fuss whenever I would sneeze. I believe this is the reason why I developed a mental block and why I don't say "bless you" (to avoid embarrassing others).

It’s really cool that you can speak four languages, what are they?

4 minutes ago, bingochime7 said:

It’s really cool that you can speak four languages, what are they?

Hahahaha thanks 😊

My native language is Arabic. My second language is English (level C2). I've been learning it since kindergarten, and I'm actually majoring in English at uni right now. The third language I learnt is French (level B2). I was learning it throughout my school years. The fourth language which I'm currently learning is European Spanish (level A2). I've been learning it for three years since I started uni.

Anyway, learning more languages has not helped me to say "bless you" hahahaha 🤣.

Just now, Jessica said:

Hahahaha thanks 😊

My native language is Arabic. My second language is English (level C2). I've been learning it since kindergarten, and I'm actually majoring in English at uni right now. The third language I learnt is French (level B2). I was learning it throughout my school years. The fourth language which I'm currently learning is European Spanish (level A2). I've been learning it for three years since I started uni.

Anyway, learning more languages has not helped me to say "bless you" hahahaha 🤣.

This is so funny lol. Well if you ever want to say it one day, you got options!! 

1 minute ago, Melody said:

This is so funny lol. Well if you ever want to say it one day, you got options!! 

Hahahaha yeah having options is nice... But I doubt that I'll ever want to say it 😅

I usually bless friends and family of course (Have to keep the facade up!). Usually in public, I'll stay quiet. If there is someone that's having a sneezing fit right there, I'll bless them.

It's the least I could do.

On 11/9/2022 at 12:52 PM, Jessica said:

I don't remember ever saying "bless you" to anyone (or myself) ever in my entire life

I was like you before, but I tried to say it sometimes to prevent my mental block