Sneeze Fetish Forum

did having this fetish make anyone else a weird kid?

taway298

i have sooo many cringy childhood memories related to sneezing. obviously i didn’t know what i was doing.

for example i would rope my friends into playing games that revolved around being sick. once i remember my friend saying to me, “this time can we not play the game with all the sneezing?” 🤦‍♀️ i was oblivious 

OH. Oh my gosh. That post unlocked so many cringy memories that my brain had hidden somewhere deep lol

I definitely remember including illnesses in imaginary games too. Annnd my mom told me once that I used to ask a bunch of weird medical questions as a 5 or 6 yo (like, what's the difference between a cold and the flu? What's a fever and how do you get one?). I have zero memories of doing that but there's a real possibility that I asked about sneezing at some point... 

I'm autistic so I was already a "weird kid" during my childhood but my sneeze fetish certainly didn't help things. It was even the cause of a couple of my meltdowns back then.Text Pride GIF by Ashanti Fortson

Yepppp. Once I figured out what inducing was I used to try and get friends to induce when I was like 10-12. Cringey as shit. 

I was weird as hell as I child because of the fetish: I would force my friends to play a sick person (complete with fake sneezing, sniffling and coughing) and I would have to take care of them, I would ask my mum a lot of questions about colds and stuff and as soon as I found out what internet was, I started actively searching for episodes of cartoons where someone got sick and rewatched them over and over again.

Edited by Italiangirl
6 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I was weird as hell as I child because of the fetish: I would force my friends to play a sick person (complete with fake sneezing, sniffling and coughing) and I would have to take care of them, I would ask my mum a lot of questions about colds and stuff and as soon as I found out what internet was, I started actively searching for episodes of cartoons where someone got sick and rewatched them over and over again.

i was 7/8 ish when youtube started becoming popular and would look up videos of people sneezing and try so hard to hide it from my parents bc our computer was basically in our living room. i remember having an absolute meltdown because my dad asked me what i was watching and i wouldn’t tell him 🙃

Oh yeah. Grew up pre-internet, pre-vcr. All you could do was observe. I couldn’t possibly set foot in a school reunion. 

Omg this feels so cringey now but when I was like 7/8 (and didn't have a clue what a fetish was) I was so obsessed with sneezing I would have my mom give characters colds or allergies when she was telling me stories 😅

I think I must have said a few things early doors, but soon I realised that my fascination with sneezing was something that other people didn't share and by the age of about 7 I'd clammed up. 

God yeah, I definitely have vague memories of playing sneeze related games with friends when I was probably 6-7. Luckily I seemed to gain enough self-awareness that this wasn't 'normal' from about the age of 7, cos I remember sneakily watching someone in school having a sneezing fit but knew I had to be subtle. I was also lucky enough, when I was about 10, to have a friend who was really good at inducing sneezes by sticking a blade of grass up her nose (I must've asked her to do this though I don't remember). She was into it too (obviously not in the same way lol) so it never seemed weird at the time, but looking back it obviously was!

Ugh, I've got a doozy. In middle school, I told the girl I considered my best friend (I don't think she felt the same way about me) that I had a secret fantasy about shrinking and climbing into someone's nostril to make them sneeze. She was very weirded out and now I won't even comment in passing if the topic of conversation revolves around sneezing. Hell, I don't even say bless you if someone near me sneezes. I jus pretend it didn't happen, really

I also vaguely remember in kindergarten I had a best friend (different girl) who was really easy to make sneeze. Two specific occasions. One was during circle time. I had something in my hand and when I waved it in her face, she sneezed, but it was like a test? I think she told me that's what would happen so I wanted to know if it was true. Another time she was at my house and we were playing with my cat. I ran her tail under my friend's nose and she sneezed. Thinking on it, I wonder if she was just playing, like they were fake sneezes? Idk, I moved school districts for first grade and never saw her again. I'm not even sure this actually happened, there could've easily been dreams.

Another thing I just remembered is collecting clumps of dust and shoving them into my nostrils to make myself sneeze. It didn't work.

😅

Edited by LapidotLover22
On 7/9/2023 at 12:52 PM, taway298 said:

i was 7/8 ish when youtube started becoming popular and would look up videos of people sneezing and try so hard to hide it from my parents bc our computer was basically in our living room. i remember having an absolute meltdown because my dad asked me what i was watching and i wouldn’t tell him 🙃

I did this too, but I was in middle school, and I had headphones, and it was wavs so I would open another tab and play computer games while I listened. My parents also had a healthy respect for my privacy.

In kindergarten, there’s some songs and playing music like ring around the rosie. When the teacher says everyone sneeze AH-AH-ACHOO and everyone started sneezing loud, I became really embarrassed and didn’t join that moment. Plus when I was puberty, I thought it works, my bestie playing with a feather, so I asked her to make ourselves sneeze. Ofcourse she cringed and strongly embarrassed and rejected. I feel bad for her. We are still besties, but seems she knew I have fetish for that moment.

When I was a kid I started looking up videos/audios on my grandpas old computer before I knew search history would show to anyone who looked since I didn’t think to delete it. One day he told me that I shouldn’t be watching that kinda thing as a young lady (it wasn’t anything inherently inappropriate for my age back then, I think he just picked up on my fetish before I even knew what a fetish was). I also always insisted my friends would be allergic to something in our make believe games. Then sometime while playing along I would say whatever they were “allergic to” was nearby.

On 7/13/2023 at 9:29 AM, Melody said:

man i didnt need this fetish to make me a weird kid 🤣

:lol: I was just about to post exactly the same thing. Yep, I certainly didn't need the fetish to make me a weird kid, but I suspect it didn't help. I'm quite sure I used to act pretty weird when anyone started sneezing around me. Hopefully the fetish was just to bizarre and unknown for anyone else to suspect me :D 

On 7/14/2023 at 1:07 AM, Dukesdaisy said:

When I was a kid I started looking up videos/audios on my grandpas old computer before I knew search history would show to anyone who looked since I didn’t think to delete it. One day he told me that I shouldn’t be watching that kinda thing as a young lady (it wasn’t anything inherently inappropriate for my age back then, I think he just picked up on my fetish before I even knew what a fetish was). I also always insisted my friends would be allergic to something in our make believe games. Then sometime while playing along I would say whatever they were “allergic to” was nearby.

I found videos at a pretty young age and of course would watch them on the family computer, I remember my aunt coming in one day and asking me why I was watching a video of a lady blowing her nose 🤦‍♀️ Hopefully she thought it was innocent 

On 7/8/2023 at 7:06 PM, taway298 said:

i have sooo many cringy childhood memories related to sneezing. obviously i didn’t know what i was doing.

for example i would rope my friends into playing games that revolved around being sick. once i remember my friend saying to me, “this time can we not play the game with all the sneezing?” 🤦‍♀️ i was oblivious 

OMG Yes. Absolutely. I just cringed so hard thinking about this.

Oh, absolutely. I was such a weird kid. 

When I was in elementary school, there was a classmate of mine that was always sneezing. I assume she had allergies, but it made me so uncomfortable that I resented her for it. My family couldn’t understand what I had against this nice girl, and I couldn’t even begin to explain it 😅

Ironically, to this day, girls that fit said classmate’s description (sneezy redheads) are a weakness for me.

I was a maladaptive daydreamer as a child and I'd go through endless sneeze scenarios in my head, especially when I was alone. For some reason I knew that my obsession with sneezes was not 'normal' so I kept it to myself until I signed up to this forum (so a long time 😂)

When a character in a show that I was watching with others would sneeze I would become incredibly embarassed and the people I was spending time with had no idea... 

Yes 100% when I was about 7 or 8 I had these next door neighbors that were around the same age as myself and I asked them multiple times to ask their mom to fake sneeze. Looking back on that I feel like I was such a weird kid asking her to do this. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2023 at 7:40 PM, RB said:

Oh yeah. Grew up pre-internet, pre-vcr. All you could do was observe. I couldn’t possibly set foot in a school reunion. 

I can totally relate to this no internet no vcr just sneezing observations from school that were absolutely amazing

5 minutes ago, Femsnzspry said:

I can totally relate to this no internet no vcr just sneezing observations from school that were absolutely amazing

That's a bit hard to process given that your age is listed as 35.

2 hours ago, webmeistro said:

That's a bit hard to process given that your age is listed as 35.

I guess it depends on what part of the world they're from?