Sneeze Fetish Forum

did having this fetish make anyone else a weird kid?

taway298

Being incredibly (or horribly šŸ˜…) sneezy, I used to think that everyone else was just really good at holding back all the time and that I was just rubbish at not sneezing. Yes, I genuinely thought that everyone else also felt like they needed to sneeze all the time and I used to marvel at their self-control šŸ¤­Ā 

5 hours ago, webmeistro said:

That's a bit hard to process given that your age is listed as 35.

Well let's process some simple math I was 35 when I created my account on here I'm 40 now . I didn't have a vcr growing up and let's see I graduated high school in 2001 and the internet and smart phone s were barely becoming available. YouTube wasn't launched till Feb 14 2005 . I got my first cell phone at the age of 22 and it didn't have the internet was just for making phone calls

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 11:33 PM, Femsnzspry said:

Well let's process some simple math I was 35 when I created my account on here I'm 40 now . I didn't have a vcr growing up and let's see I graduated high school in 2001 and the internet and smart phone s were barely becoming available. YouTube wasn't launched till Feb 14 2005 . I got my first cell phone at the age of 22 and it didn't have the internet was just for making phone calls

It was possible to play video and audio long before YouTube was launched.
Ā 

Videos and wavs have been around since the ā€˜90s. The first online video was posted in 1993, Ā Shockwave and Real Networks came out in 1995, MPEG-4 in 1998, Appleā€™s QuickTime and Windows Media Player in 1999.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_online_video

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2023 at 12:52 PM, taway298 said:

i was 7/8 ish when youtube started becoming popular and would look up videos of people sneezing and try so hard to hide it from my parents bc our computer was basically in our living room. i remember having an absolute meltdown because my dad asked me what i was watching and i wouldnā€™t tell him šŸ™ƒ

I did the same thingĀ 

• 1 month later...

Pretty sure I was weird in many other ways too but particularly cringey was a phase when I was probably about 8 yrs old and I got hung up on the fact that someone told me that bogeys were made out of dust in the air and I remember announcing to people that their house must be dusty because it was giving me bogeys up my nose šŸ¤¢ I mean wtf. Itā€™s a miracle I was loved šŸ˜‚ (I think I was already too self conscious to mention sneezing and this was the closest comfortable thing?! )

• 2 weeks later...

I have ADHD so I was already weird. But for sure my obsession of writing stories with sneezes in it was a weird thing

Oh Godā€¦ the horrors of remembering.

I remember being really young (7 or 8 ) and looking up videos of girls sneezing. Whenever I played with my dolls, they would ALWAYS get sick and take care of each other. Always. I think I remember looking up YouTube videos of LPS storylines with colds.

Absolutely the most mortifying though is that I always ā€œgot sickā€ when my friends and I were playing pretend, up until I was 11. When I was 10 I had a Peter Pan/Tinkerbell (ykā€¦ those Disney movies) phase and I played a game with my friends at recess where you had to gather as much ā€œsnotā€ (moss) from Captain Hookā€™s nose (trees) before he sneezed you out.

I have no idea how no one found me out. (To be fair, I didnā€™t realize it was a fetish until 12 or so when I stumbled upon this forum.)

I was (thankfully) never called out on it but I remember playing many games where I was sick/hurt in some way as a kid. I was however the weird kid in general but that's because I lived in my fantasy world and played fantasy games in general for way too long and I'm autistic.Ā 

I was 'the weird kid' for totally different reasons. XD Except that I tended to stare when someone had a sneezing fit cause when I was a kid I was mainly just fascinated by it. But nobody ever mentioned anything to me so I don't think they noticed.Ā 

I definitely was, but I donā€™t think anyone figured it out, thank goodness.Ā 
Ā 

I can remember being around 4 years old and almost like maladaptive daydreaming about being a grown man who was sick and couldnā€™t go somewhere because he was sick. I continued this daydream up until I was probably 10. The older I got the more private I got about it. The plot also changed and got more complicated over time.Ā 
Ā 

I would also play pretend with friends and when we would play house, I always wanted to play as my friends pretend boyfriend/husband and I was sick/had allergies. I only remember doing it 2-3 times with a different friend each time. I think I knew I couldnā€™t make a pattern out of it.Ā 
Ā 

I used to Google ā€œsneezingā€ and other related key terms all the time. I definitely remember searching ā€œ[Insert Celebrity Name Here] allergiesā€. For example, I specifically remember searching ā€œKristen Stewart Allergiesā€ and ā€œTaylor Lautner Allergiesā€ after Twilight came out.Ā 
Ā 

I think about these at like 2 AM when I canā€™t sleep and I just die a little more each time. šŸ˜…

• 1 month later...

Oh, gosh, unfortunately, yesā€¦

Iā€™m similar to a lot of people in this thread with the fact that I was already a weird kid before sneezing was involved, but it definitely did not helpĀ šŸ˜…

I remember I had a notebook underneath my pillow dedicated only to sneeze-related drawings, and I would tell my family members not to look at itā€¦ I highly doubt that it was fully a secret because I was so obvious about it haha. I threw it away a long long time ago out of embarrassment, but Iā€™m hoping to do the occasional sneezy doodle now that I draw on a laptop!

When I first got on the internet, I had no idea search history was a thing, eitherā€¦ I distinctly remember trying to convince my parents that the computer got ā€˜hackedā€™ when they found Iā€™d been looking at sneeze art instead of doing homework. Iā€™m so glad I learned to keep secretsā€¦

Iā€™ve been thinking that if anyone who knew me during that time brings it up, I could excuse it as a strange neurodivergent fixation rather than what it actually is and theyā€™d probably believe it. Lord knows Iā€™m not going to ever bring it up myself again though haha

Yess. I played so many games where I would make the characters sneeze and catch colds. It was really embarrassing now that I'm older.

One time I was playing Poly Pockets with my cousin and I told her that her character caught cold easily. I was baffled when she said she would put on a coat and dress warmly instead of making the doll sneeze.Ā 

I doubt other people remember me being weird with sneezing because I was weird in general, but I really hope they don't!

• 5 weeks later...

yeah people used to ask me why I would stare at them so much. I of course didn't have an answer lol.Ā 

Oh boy, reading through some of these answers brought back some weird memories. I remember being pretty young and asking my dad how often the Disney princesses get sick and if they have allergies šŸ˜…. I also did drawings of people sneezing (I soon stopped because Iā€™m a terrible artist), and I used to watch YouTube videos at night, and thinking about it now I didnā€™t have headphones so I guess I was just using low volume? Cringing hard lol

Joining the "didn't need the fetish to make me weird" crowd. I also don't think it really affected how I acted with others/in front of other until a friend of mine and I started RPing (you know, RPing in class, writing responses in a note book... but then also on MSN Messenger and later on on Skype)... until then all the fetish related weirdness was very... contained. Someone mentioned having been a maladaptive daydreamer and I guess that was also me. I knew people would find it weird if they caught me spacing out so I tended to grab a book and hide away somewhere not to read but to play hours long sickfic scenes in my head. The book was there so that IF someone were to walk in, I could pretend I had been reading there the whole time instead of just. Lying around while trying to perfect my daydream of the week...

And then when my friends and I staarted RPing, I just couldn't keep that shit out of the RPs. It's reaaaaaally awkward to think back to, especially considering I've still got the same friends...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 8:47 AM, ConstantlySneezing said:

I guess it depends on what part of the world they're from?Ā 

Omg i am literally crying rn! I did the worst!! I donā€™t wanna remember! šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£I hope all my childhood friends donā€™t remember lol

Going through all of these posts is unlocking memories for me. I remember as a kid, probably as early as 7 or 8, I would be so embarrassed to ever use the class supply of tissues to blow my nose. I would ultimately refuse to ever blow my nose in class, always waiting to do it in the bathroom or something. I realize now this was probably related to some mental block surrounding the fetish lol. I also remember at around age 10-11 I got curious on YouTube and would search up videos of people sneezing, like many people on here. I was so afraid of someone catching me watching those videos that Iā€™d always delete my search history, and would seclude myself to some remote corner of my house to make sure no one was watching over my shoulder or anything.Ā 

33 minutes ago, Snowy said:

Ā 

• When I was suuuper young, like couldn't fully speak yet, I got obsessed with the Frosty the Snowman movie. Specifically, I liked the scene where the girl gets sick. I'd make my dad tell me a story over and over about the girl getting sick and sneezing everywhere. My parents sometimes liked to bring this up as I got older, and it made me want to die on the spot.
  • Probably around the same age or a bit younger, I was a fan of the Backyardigans. There's this one episode whereĀ Uniqua gets dust in her face and sneezes. We had that episode recorded, and, when I was alone in the house, I'd put it on and watch that part over and over again.

I remember both those scenes! My family would always watch Frosty the Snowman together and I always wished I could watch that part again, but thankfully to my knowledge I never said anything šŸ˜…

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 11:06 PM, taway298 said:

i have sooo many cringy childhood memories related to sneezing. obviously i didnā€™t know what i was doing.

for example i would rope my friends into playing games that revolved around being sick. once i remember my friend saying to me, ā€œthis time can we not play the game with all the sneezing?ā€ šŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø i was obliviousĀ 

Oh I was born autistic so no matter what Iā€™m the weird kidĀ šŸ¤Ŗ