Sneeze Fetish Forum

Things you dislike, that others find normal

AntheaHolmes

Okay, I'll go first. The thing I dislike the most that others find perfectly normal is the ticking of clocks on the wall. Ticking clocks in general. Big ones, small ones. I just hate it. I can't stand it. It's so noisy and unnecessary for me. I don't have a clock at home. I only use my phone! 

Interesting topic, @AntheaHolmes! I don't mind ticking clocks, but I can't stand them at night when I'm trying to sleep, so I don't have a ticking clock in my bedroom.
Here's mine: I don't drink beer! Everybody I know loves it, even those who are not crazy about it do drink it when everybody else does, but I can't even stand the smell.

2 hours ago, kiku said:

Here's mine: I don't drink beer!

Yup. I found, over the years, sipping my mom's and/or husband's that it tastes a smidge better when it's warm ... But overall, yuck.

Also, I don't like driving. I do it because I have to, but I don't like it at all. I don't get my license until I was past 20.

Mayonnaise.  There's not a lot I won't eat.  I have a broad range of tastes when it comes to food, and I'll give most anything a chance at least once.  But holy crap I cannot even touch that stuff with my lips without feeling immediate revulsion.  People who know me who know that I love all kinds of food can be surprised that I have such an intense dislike for such a commonly well-loved food item.  But it's nasty.

Being poked on the arm.  People seem to feel the need to do that to get someone's attention or when they want to emphasize teasing and I Just. Cannot. Deal with it.  I'll ask people nicely not to do it and apologise and explain that I know it's weird but I can't stand it the first time they do it.  But if people keep doing it, thinking they're now being funny, I will lose my shit. I just...I hate it so freaking much and I have no idea why. (Also, people who do things after you say it bothers you because they think they're being funny are the W-O-R-S-T.)

4 hours ago, kiku said:

Interesting topic, @AntheaHolmes! I don't mind ticking clocks, but I can't stand them at night when I'm trying to sleep, so I don't have a ticking clock in my bedroom.
Here's mine: I don't drink beer! Everybody I know loves it, even those who are not crazy about it do drink it when everybody else does, but I can't even stand the smell.

I don’t drink it either!! I think getting drunk is a waste of one’s time and health! 

49 minutes ago, SleepingPhlox said:

Mayonnaise.  There's not a lot I won't eat.  I have a broad range of tastes when it comes to food, and I'll give most anything a chance at least once.  But holy crap I cannot even touch that stuff with my lips without feeling immediate revulsion.  People who know me who know that I love all kinds of food can be surprised that I have such an intense dislike for such a commonly well-loved food item.  But it's nasty.

Being poked on the arm.  People seem to feel the need to do that to get someone's attention or when they want to emphasize teasing and I Just. Cannot. Deal with it.  I'll ask people nicely not to do it and apologise and explain that I know it's weird but I can't stand it the first time they do it.  But if people keep doing it, thinking they're now being funny, I will lose my shit. I just...I hate it so freaking much and I have no idea why. (Also, people who do things after you say it bothers you because they think they're being funny are the W-O-R-S-T.)

Mayonnaise is the WORST!!! I’d rather eat ketchup and I don’t even like that but at least it’s better tasting lol! 

11 hours ago, kiku said:

I'm sober for about 5 years so yeah. I get it about the smell of beer or any other alcohol. 

8 hours ago, Just Older said:

Yup. I found, over the years, sipping my mom's and/or husband's that it tastes a smidge better when it's warm ... But overall, yuck.

Also, I don't like driving. I do it because I have to, but I don't like it at all. I don't get my license until I was past 20.

Oh I love driving but it took some time for me to love it and get used to it. Getting my driver's licence here in Germany where I'm from is really costly and takes a long time and effort. It's so complicated! 

7 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

Oh the Mayonnaise thing is really interesting to me. I personally like it but I get if people don't like it. I just learnt recently that most people in the US eat their fries mostly with Ketchup instead of Mayonnaise. 

I also get the poking on the arm thing, I have a similar thing with being touched from behind on the back. It's just so weird and I really dislike it, being touched there or even being pushed. Wishing you all the best. 

17 hours ago, sneezefan222 said:

Mayonnaise is the WORST!!! I’d rather eat ketchup and I don’t even like that but at least it’s better tasting lol! 

I am convinced that the idea of putting mayonnaise on food was a practical joke that spiraled out of control.  It is the only possible explanation for that stuff.  :laugh:

People who walk up to you to start a conversation when you're clearly reading, writing something, or playing a video game.

I mean I get how social people could do this, and if you can then good for you, but I prefer to be left to my own devices most of the time. Granted if it's for a reasons like you need to ask me a work related question, or you want to tell me something that you'd KNOW I'd want to hear about, that's fine, I can let that go. But if you see me minding my own damn business, and decide YOU want to talk to ME for YOUR own reasons....yeah that's what pisses me off. Like this one former co-worker who just HAD to fill the silence EVEN WHEN THE SILENCE WAS NECESSARY.

I mean what kind of person wants to show me pictures of her deceased husband and ask if I think he's handsome?!?
1.I'm a guy

2.I'M AT MY COMPUTER WORKING

Why in the blue hell would you think I'd WANT to talk about your deceased husband while I'm working?!? Oh wait...I don't! YOU WANT TO TALK, NOT ME!

Thank god for the Grey Rock technique.

7 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

I am convinced that the idea of putting mayonnaise on food was a practical joke that spiraled out of control.  It is the only possible explanation for that stuff.  :laugh:

Exactly it’s like putting castor oil on something and then eating it 🤮

@SleepingPhlox I’ll never understand the popularity behind it.

5 hours ago, sneezefan222 said:

Exactly it’s like putting castor oil on something and then eating it 🤮

I am a huge mayonnaise lover so can't relate but that made me laugh for a looong while

I hate the applause at the end of a show. The sound of clapping makes me super anxious for some reason. Thankfully there's an equivalent in sign language that I can use instead when I'm at the theater or something.

Earlier I couldn't think of any, but wait: Mangoes. 🫣

Also, I have this thing where I can't stand people being behind me. If it's a close friend or someone I know then it's fine, but it just gives me the icks sometimes. My back is also ticklish so that may be a contributor. I got a small tattoo done between my shoulder blade and deltoid and even then I could barely sit still.

1 hour ago, Femiline77 said:

I am a huge mayonnaise lover so can't relate but that made me laugh for a looong while

I hate the applause at the end of a show. The sound of clapping makes me super anxious for some reason. Thankfully there's an equivalent in sign language that I can use instead when I'm at the theater or something.

It grinds my gears when people clap more than ten claps.  
btw mustard is better.  Don’t deny it, you know I’m right 😏😂

Okra. Can't stand the stuff, the taste OR the smell....which might be a bit blasphemous since it's an African vegetable, but still....
I know people who LOVE the smell of steamed okra....the smell that sends me running for the door, desperately trying not to puke.

This is another food one, but I’m not a huge fan of onions. I don’t hate them or anything, like I can tolerate them if necessary, but I’m really not a huge fan of the texture of them, like on a sandwich or a pizza. I don’t think the taste is that bad, I’m just not a fan of the texture.

On 7/17/2023 at 2:51 PM, LastCarpet said:

Okra. Can't stand the stuff, the taste OR the smell....which might be a bit blasphemous since it's an African vegetable, but still....
I know people who LOVE the smell of steamed okra....the smell that sends me running for the door, desperately trying not to puke.

Barf. 

On 7/17/2023 at 4:53 PM, sneezefan222 said:

It grinds my gears when people clap more than ten claps.

Honestly, I can’t quite wrap my head around ten claps as an upper limit (maybe a lower one). I do have a pet peeve of a somewhat related nature, though.

The convention with chamber music is for the audience to clap from the time the performers walk onstage to when they sit down (and, I mean, it applies for orchestras, etc., as well, but there are so many members in the larger ensembles that the following isn’t as apparent), and I always find it infuriating when people go and put their music on the stand and only then turn back around to bow. If you want to bow (and, admittedly, I think it’s preferable to do so), do it first! Don’t go fiddle around with your sheet music and make us keep clapping throughout; show some consideration for the audience; if you’ve gone to put it down already, just sit down and forgo the bow until the end.

38 minutes ago, PantheraPardus said:

Honestly, I can’t quite wrap my head around ten claps as an upper limit (maybe a lower one). I do have a pet peeve of a somewhat related nature, though.

The convention with chamber music is for the audience to clap from the time the performers walk onstage to when they sit down (and, I mean, it applies for orchestras, etc., as well, but there are so many members in the larger ensembles that the following isn’t as apparent), and I always find it infuriating when people go and put their music on the stand and only then turn back around to bow. If you want to bow (and, admittedly, I think it’s preferable to do so), do it first! Don’t go fiddle around with your sheet music and make us keep clapping throughout; show some consideration for the audience; if you’ve gone to put it down already, just sit down and forgo the bow until the end.

😂 I have that drilled into me from JROTC.  You were only allowed ten claps so that the award ceremonies wouldn’t take forever

People who do not wash their hands after leaving the bathroom. I only recently discovered that such monsters exist. 

Cold beverages. I would much rather drink everthing room temp- water, juice, and especially beer. Cold drinks are physically uncomfortable for me and not enjoyable at all, although if I'm at a restaurant or someone's house or something I will sip them to be polite. 

i really hate peeling oranges or clementines and the smell lingering on your hands for hours after. Can't stand it, drives me insane.

All of your dislikes are very interesting, and some of them made me laugh.

Mine would be long, fake nails and more specifically these long, manicured nails clacking against each other or on anything those nails touch. I knew someone who always wore long, fake nails as a fashion statement I suppose and when I was in class with her, I’d hear it clacking every few seconds and I really had to resist the urge to say something about it.