Sneeze Fetish Forum

Just a little morning cold

sneezysunshine

The sound of his alarm brought him back to reality and he managed to get a hold of his phone and turn it off before he slumped back into bed, letting out an exhausted sigh. With the palm of his right hand pressed against the skin between his eyebrow, a feeble attempt to try and suppress the hammering going on from the inside of his forehead, he took in the terrible state of his being. The night before he’d gone to bed early, feeling run down and unable to shake the shivering from being outside in the rain. He had not expected to wake up all bright and happy, but the state he found himself in this morning was surprising and a bit undeserving, at least if one were to ask him about it. The viruses had been multiplying despite his immune system working overtime.  Every breath made him feel about twice as heavy and the shivering from last night hadn’t stopped one bit. He squinted at the sun, the light making his eyes hurt even more. As he made an attempt to sit up, pushing with his palms against the mattress, he could feel how every joint in his body complained, his muscles screaming with dissatisfaction against the sudden movement. Ignoring his mind yelling at him to stay in bed he swung his legs out from under his sheets, letting his toes touch the ice cold wooden floor underneath. Standing, he could start sensing the slightest little tickle in the back of his nose, making him sniffle hard in order to make it go away. It didn’t. 

He moved through his room, pulled his robe from the hanger and put it on as the tickle grew larger. Once the band was neatly tied around his waist, keeping the fabric at place so he didn’t expose himself, he opened the door. The metal handle sent a painful chill through his body, feeling 10 degrees colder than usual. Most likely it was him who was running quite the fever, but hey he could always blame it on the door. He walked through the hallway, moving towards the kitchen and more importantly, the coffee that he knew would be ready for him even though he couldn’t smell it in his current state. His continuous sniffles didn’t do anything to aid him as the helpless tickle only continued to grow, now making it more and more difficult for him to one, think and two, breathe normally. He resorted to trying to massage it away, lifting his hand to put his thumb and index finger on each side of his nose, gently rubbing up and down. 

“Hey there sleepyhead!” Her voice distracted him from the increasing discomfort his nose had decided to give him this morning. She looked absolutely stunning where she stood, in the midst of making a sandwich for herself. The blonde curls barely touched her shoulders, bare except for the thin band that held her yellow nightgown in place. 

“He-hey.” He hitched before he sniffed again, pressing hard against the bridge of his nose with his fingers to try and press away the tickle. Once it started he wasn’t sure he would manage to stop. It didn’t help

“I made some coffee for you.” Ah what sweet words. His roommate had always been kind, but lately she had been even more so. So much that he had started to wonder if maybe, just maybe there was something more behind it. 

“Thank you.” His voice was raspier than usual, a roughness to its edges like stones grinding against each other. “Did you sleep alright?” He said as he walked towards the coffee machine, grabbing a cup and started to fill it up with the wonderful brown liquid. There was nothing that made him happier than that first cup in the morning. A well… almost nothing. 

She simply hummed as an answer, a slight shrug of her shoulders. 

“Okay, I guess.” She turned around and took one step closer to him, her finished sandwich in one hand. “You, however, look like you could use a couple more hours. Are you feeling good?” As if her words were the cue his nose had been waiting for, or maybe it was just her reminding him of his terrible state, his nose suddenly flared up despite his previous efforts. 

“I eeeh I huh-” He tried to answer her, it would have been rude not to, but the irritation in his nose only seemed to get worse. “I-ihhh do f-feh-feel aa aah aaAATCshooo.” Just in time he managed to put his cup down and get his hand in front of his mouth, covering the majority of spray from getting all over her. “I’m sorry aah hah ATCHnnngt.” He muffled the sneeze, this time using both of his hands, which had been a good idea considering he could feel every ounce of the wetness on his palms. Shyly, he opened his eyes to look at her, still covering the majority of his face with his hands, not daring to move them away just yet as the tickle was still very much present. He could see something, just a little sparkle of joy passing over her face before she seemingly collected herself, a look of concern in its place. 

“Oh sweetheart.” She took a step closer, surprisingly enough as he was nothing but a great cloud of contagion at the moment. Fire and tingles shot out from his skin as she put a hand on his upper arm, gently stroking up and down. The butterflies starting to act up in his stomach made him hot, hotter even than the fever. 

“Here.” She had reached out and grabbed a tissue, now holding it up in between them. 

“Thank you.” He sniffed hard, grabbed it with his right hand, the left still covering his face. Lucky was that, as he didn’t have time to catch the next one in the tissue before it decided to burst out. "ATCHOO." He quickly put the tissue to his nose to minimize the damage. “A-aaATCHnggt iisnngt nnngt.” The last two he managed to stifle into the tissue, leaving him a hot breathing mess once they were over.

“You, my dear, should get back into bed. I’ll make you some breakfast, come here.” She gently put one of her arms around his waist and started to lead him back towards his room. As he walked beside her he wiped his face with the soaked tissue, the blush burning hot on his face. He had really made a mess of this morning, and still she managed to make him even more intrigued by her. 

“You really dobt habe to.” All the sneezing had made him congested, and his next sniffle just sounded like a messy gurgling. 

“Nonsense. Just let me take care of you, I don’t mind.” She said with a soft voice, her small fingers pressed against his side where she held him. She led him all the way to the bed and stood closely as he got back down under his duvet. With gentle, calm movements she tucked him in and leaned over to place a kiss on his clammy forehead. Hot lips against even hotter skin. The butterflies started flying like crazy, his skin tingling under her touch. That was, unfortunately, when his nose decided to erupt again with zero warning. 

“ATCHOO!”

Edited by webmeistro
5 hours ago, solitaire-au said:

This was adorable! Please continue! 🙏 

Oh I didn't think about continuing but now I just might!

Okay so I could't just stop writing about these characters. This is my first time posting anything content wise on here so please be kind haha. Open for all types of feedback though! I tried to tag the first post but managed to fuck it up and it got posted instead. Ah well, will do better next time!

The extremely unlucky sneeze was immediately followed by another one, however this time he managed to duck away and direct it towards the side, away from her. “ATCHEEUUW.” If he had felt embarrassed before it was nothing compared to how he felt now. 

“Ib so sorry. I cabt believe I sneezed on you!” He desperately reached out and grabbed a tissue, not really thinking straight he started to dab it at her face in an ineffective way to save her from the mess. Feeling the panic rising within him, his heart not a calm tump tump anymore but more of an intense tumptumptumptump. He actually felt sick to his stomach and he could feel the burning blush on his cheeks. Once again she surprised him by giving him a warm smile and a cute little laugh in response. How did she manage to be so kind? Was she just this ray of sunshine and warmth and everything else that was good in the world? He didn’t quite understand it. Had someone sneezed like that on him, with or without a cold mind you, he would have been furious. But no, she just continued to smile and reached up and placed her hand on top of his where he wiped the tissue over her cheek, stopping his movement. 

“Don’t worry about it.” She gently stroked her thumb over the back of his hand, sending shivers through his entire body. “It wasn’t that bad.” She laughed again, not at him, or at least it didn’t feel that way. It was warm and lovely and oh, how he loved her laugh. It was like candy floss and fluffy grass. It made him feel at home, safe and sheltered. It almost made him forget about his mess. Almost. He opened his mouth again, planning to continue his excuses but she just shook her head, the blonde curls dancing around her head. 

“No, no more of that. Stay here, I’ll go get you some breakfast.” Without giving him a chance to answer she pulled away, leaving him with his hand raised, tissue still in hand, looking like a complete idiot. 

Whilst she rummaged around the kitchen he stayed put, just as he had been told to. Maybe he should take a shower? He felt incredibly gross, sticky and sweaty and generally feeling incredibly icky from the illness that seemed to ooze from every pore of his entire body. Even if he probably should take a shower, it would most likely make him feel a little bit better, he really did not have the energy for it. Maybe the coffee would help. He damned hoped it would. Taking the opportunity whilst she was away he snatched a fresh tissue from the box on his bedside table, folding it as he always did before putting it over his nose. Blowing hard, he was rewarded with a wet gurgling noise as he cleared his sinuses. His nose apparently had decided to give him no break this morning and after a second of quick relief after the blow it started to tickle, forcefully. 

“Oh no, n-ah-not aa-aha-again…” He hitched and tried to steady his breath, pinching his nose into obedience. Do not sneeze. It didn’t work this time either. Why did he even try? 

Quickly he reached out again at the box of tissues, this time he had no time to fold it. Closing his eyes, holding the tissue up towards his face he let the sneezes get the best of him. 

Uh-hhu hah hah haTCHEUUW T’CHEEW AATCHggnn.” The last sneeze he muffled inside the tissue, attempting to blow but only managed a halfway attempt before he started hitching again, the shaking breaths taking over his entire body. Between the sneezes he managed to prompt himself up a bit, it was difficult to sneeze whilst lying down. Grabbing another tissue, letting the previous one just drop on top of his duvet, he immediately put it up against his nose as a new wave of sneezing hit him. 

“haTCHEUUW  ehTCHEW AH-AH ATHCHeeeuw.” 

“Bless you.” Her voice startled him, he had been so busy sneezing that he hadn’t noticed her coming back into the room. He looked up, still hunched over, face half covered by the tissue. Shy over the messiness of his current state, even though she didn’t seem to mind it at all, he looked up at her with his glassy eyes only to notice that she, in fact, was blushing. Why? She was not the one who should be embarrassed in this situation. All blame should most definitely be put on him and this nasty head cold of his. How he had managed to catch it was really not a mystery. He was well aware of the cause, and quite frankly it was his own god damned fault so he really had no one else to blame but himself for his misery. 

“I come bearing food!” She exclaimed proudly, making a point of showing off the tray on which she had put a neat little sandwich, his cup of coffee and a peeled orange. Quickly, he made sure to wipe his nose clean from the mess those sneezes had left, putting the tissue to the side of the bed. 

“You are too kind, really.” He gave her a small smile, hoping that it translated to his eyes even through his exhaustion. 

“And an orange for extra vitamin C.” She winked at him which left his chest, despite the tightness and heaviness the cold brought, sparkly and bubbly with happiness. What was it with this girl that left him so incredibly weak? Maybe it was just the cold. It had to be. 

“You know what, a happy roommate makes a happy life, or so I’ve heard.” 

“I don’t think that's quite how the saying goes…” She let out another little laugh as she put the tray on his bedside table. 

“Well, now it is.” She left his room again only to be back a second later with her own breakfast, a small plate with the half eaten sandwich from before in one hand and a large cup of tea in the other. Careful not to spill it on him she placed the cup and the plate on his windowsill, which was next to the bed on the opposite side from where he was currently laying. He eyed her curiously, them sharing breakfast in his bed had never happened before and he wondered where this newfound intimacy had appeared all of a sudden. He didn’t complain about it, he was just not sure what to do with it just yet. 

“So”, She placed some runaway hair strands behind her ear and looked at him, suddenly a bit shy under his curious eyes. “I was thinking, maybe we could continue to watch that show from a few days back? We can watch it on your laptop?” He couldn’t help but smile at her, at the slight blush on her pale cheeks and how she was just adamant at caring for his sick ass.

"That sounds lovely.” He sniffed, a wet sound that made him cringe, and reached for another tissue, realizing he was about to start dripping everywhere if he didn’t do anything about it. 

“Great!” She went over to his desk and grabbed his laptop, giving it to him before she jumped onto the bed and snuggled down beside him however, staying on top of the duvet. Just as well, he didn’t know if he could’ve handled her actually going in under it. 

It took just under a minute for him to log into the computer and set it up between them on the bed with the next episode of the show running. He tried to finish his sandwich, the progress ridiculously slow as he really did not feel very hungry, another thing he credited the cold for. After a few bites he gave up and instead, took the cup of coffee, sipping it lazily as he sunk further down in between his pillows. Suddenly the itching in his nose started to act up really bad again, and he started to hitch frantically once more. 

Heeh, sniff, haah hah haatc-.” His chest, slightly exposed due to the loosening up of the knot he previously had tied on his robe, heaved with every staggering breath, as he was trying really hard not to sneeze and spray his mess everywhere. Putting down his cup and putting the palm of his hand against the tip of his nose he rubbed it hard, trying to rid himself of the tickle. 

“This–aha aah hah fu-uh-fucking sucks.” He managed to get the words out in between his breaths, his eyes watering as he continued to fight the sneeze. 

“It’s okay. Just sneeze. You’ll feel better after.” He turned his head so that he faced her, meaning to say something funny back but instead he furrowed his eyebrows and closed his eyes. 

I-Ihh ne-hed to sneECHEW ASHEEUW ASHEW ASHnnngt ahaa.” With one hand covering his face he sniffed hard which only aggravated his nose even more, sending him into another fit. “I-I´tcshew tschew I´tcsshew.” He tried to contain them a bit, collecting them inside the palm of his hand and desperately trying to reach for a tissue with his other hand but not really succeeding as his sneezes continued to interrupt him, leaving him dizzy. Instead she reached forward, he could feel her skin against his as she decided to lean over him and grabbed the tissue box, lurking one out and handing it to him. He just about managed to hold back his next sneeze until she was safe, back at his side. “ATSHEUuuw. Thabk you.” He grabbed the tissue and could feel her cold skin once more as her fingers touched his. Maybe he was just really hot. He sure felt like it. 

“I’m sorry.” He squeaked out before putting the tissue up to his nose and blowing hard, relieving himself of some of the congestion and mess. Pulling away, folding the tissue again to blow once more, he could feel her gaze fixed on him. Shy before her blue eyes he turned slightly to the side, closed his eyes before he blew again. 

“Bless you.” Her hand was touching his shoulder, giving it a slight squeeze, once more sending the butterflies into a rampage. “You must feel awful. Poor thing!” 

• 2 weeks later...

As the first episode came to an end he looked down at her only to be met by her wonderful blue eyes. 

“One more?” She proposed, smiling softly. It was an intriguing show, he really enjoyed it and it wasn’t like he had anything better to do. On a normal Saturday he would most likely have gone to the gym and maybe met up with his friends later on in the evening. As no such things were going to happen he might as well stay in his robe the entire day and, as long as she wanted to stay and keep him company she was more than welcome to stay. In fact, he really wished she would. 

“One more.” He nodded and she was quick to start the next episode, however this time she chose to come a bit closer to rest her cheek on his shoulder. This was new. He didn’t hate it. Taking his shot, she basically gave it to him so he had to at least try, he draped his arm around her pulling her ever so slightly closer. Carefully watching her reaction he was left happy by her body relaxing against his. He could feel her as she breathed, her chest heaving slightly with every small breath. Feeling himself relaxing against her frame, he put his cheek against her head, gently rubbing it against her hair as a sign of affection. At least, he hoped she would take it as that and not think he tried to scratch an itch using her as his tool. 

They stayed like that for the rest of the episode, only breaking off on a few occasions as his nose acknowledged its presence. Once they got back into position after one specifically loud sneezing fit, one that left him quite out of breath, she spoke. 

“You don’t have to turn away every time, you know.” She said. “It’s such a hassle getting comfy again afterwards.” 

“It would be rather rude not to.” He said teasingly, gently squeezing her tighter for a second to put emphasis on his words. 

“Well, I don’t mind.” 

“You don’t?” Surprised about this fact his eyebrows shot up in his forehead. He could probably have figured that out as she seemed extremely chill regarding the whole contagion aspect of his cold, but still it was unexpected. 

“Nah, try not to blow my eardrums out, is all.” She said playfully, chuckling slightly against his shoulder. 

“I’ll try my best, but I don’t know if I can make any such promises.”

“I’ll take my chances.” And with that the discussion came to an end. 

Soon his nose started to itch again and as he started to hitch he almost instinctively started to pull away from her. Then he remembered what she had said, stopping in his tracks as the hitching got more intense. 

Ah-aha ahhh heh eh eh’HIETCHKKkk hehh-k'tshhhIEW ehh hhha uh Heh'kkSHEW!” The spray from his sneezes hung in the air in front of them. Shiny droplets made visible only by the sunlight that shone in through the window. As they began to make their downfall, slowly starting to accumulate on top of the duvet, he realized that she might still have wanted him to cover them. Like, that would definitely have been possible if he’d just lifted his hand and covered his mouth. Why had he not thought about that? Slightly embarrassed about the fact that he’d sneezed straight out into the air he reached out his hand and grabbed a tissue, gently dabbing on his sensitive nose. At least he could avoid coating her hair in a thick layer of snot, that might be a bit too much for her to handle. 

“Bless you Jakey.” She said with her soft voice. Jakey. How he hated that nickname however, when she said it, the way she said it, was just. Damn. He would let it slip. 

“Thanks.” 

That was how they stayed most of the morning. She left his side to make some lunch, insisting that he did not need to help, so he ended up taking that shower in the meantime. The water burned its way over his skin, leaving it tinted slightly red and finally relieving him of the shivers he had been experiencing the entire morning. It was nice. It melted away the lead that had coated his joints, making him feel all fresh and new. Healthy. Well, almost. That almost became very prominent as he stepped out of the shower.  

Hhheh-hhhi ihh-I’TCHEUkk ee’ITCHuuw ehh-eeheh’HHCHIEEkkk.” The steam had released some of the stuffiness in his nose and the spray hit the mirror with full force, splattering on top of the mirror-image of himself. Great, now he had to clean up his mess. Taking some toilet paper he wiped the mirror carefully to remove all traces of his sneezes, after all they shared the bathroom. When he was happy with the look of the mirror he threw the paper in the trash can, washed his hands quickly before he started to dry off using his towel. Soon he opened the door and stepped out with the towel securely wrapped around his waist. 

“Great, you're done just in time! Lunch is ready!” There she was holding a tray in her hands with two bowls of steaming hot soup. He couldn’t really smell it, but it looked good. 

“Lovely, I’ll just go and put on some clothes.” The blush had started to climb on to his cheeks at his almost nudity. Well she couldn’t see anything too dangerous, the towel covered it all, but he still felt naked under her gaze as she looked at him with those beautiful eyes. 

After he’d gotten dressed they had their lunch on the couch in front of the tv, and that’s where they stayed for the rest of the afternoon. At some point she had put a pillow on her lap and nudged him to lay down, which he happily did. Soon her fingers had been in his curly hair, gently massaging his scalp in a way that made him relax, so much so that he almost fell asleep. 

“he’ttcchuu.” Taken by surprise he suddenly sneezed, the first one soft as he was only barely awake. “hhi-hhi’TCHEHUU ITCH’ITCHKkkue!” The next two however were forceful enough to make up for the first one. The spray shooted out, mainly landing on the beige fabric of the pillow but some managed to reach above the edge, landing on the skin of her bare knees. 

“Bless you.” Her hand, cool and gentle against his burning skin, swept over his forehead and pushed away the hair from his face. 

“Thank you. Ugggh I’m so tired.” He kept his eyes closed, the light from the window hurt his head and all he wanted was to rest. Have a break from his own body and enter the world of the sleeping minds for real. 

“Do you want to stay here or get back into bed?” 

“Hmmm… I want to stay with you.” She chuckled, just a small little laugh, and soon he could feel her lips as she pressed them against the skin off his cheek. 

“Then we stay here. It’s okay, you can go to sleep.”

“Night Leah.” His voice was barely a whisper. The deep fluffy sleep slowly wrapped him in its arms and took away all of his pain. It was only a matter of seconds before he was fully asleep, his head on her lap and her hands in his hair.

11 minutes ago, 20andsickfic said:

this is so good! Would love to see some contagion :)

That is coming her way very soon! I promise 😇

Aww love it. Both characters are so cute 🥰.

This part has me melting 🥵🔥⬇️

8 hours ago, sneezysunshine said:

Soon his nose started to itch again and as he started to hitch he almost instinctively started to pull away from her. Then he remembered what she had said, stopping in his tracks as the hitching got more intense. 

Ah-aha ahhh heh eh eh’HIETCHKKkk hehh-k'tshhhIEW ehh hhha uh Heh'kkSHEW!” The spray from his sneezes hung in the air in front of them. Shiny droplets made visible only by the sunlight that shone in through the window. As they began to make their downfall, slowly starting to accumulate on top of the duvet, he realized that she might still have wanted him to cover them. Like, that would definitely have been possible if he’d just lifted his hand and covered his mouth. Why had he not thought about that? Slightly embarrassed about the fact that he’d sneezed straight out into the air he reached out his hand and grabbed a tissue, gently dabbing on his sensitive nose. At least he could avoid coating her hair in a thick layer of snot, that might be a bit too much for her to handle. 

“Bless you Jakey.” She said with her soft voice. Jakey. How he hated that nickname however, when she said it, the way she said it, was just. Damn. He would let it slip. 

“Thanks.” 

Excited to see where you take it next. I also wonder how much longer Leah can keep her fetish 'secret' for 🤔

The rest of the day passed by in a tired haze. The tiredness had him in its claws and did not let go no matter how much he slept. During the short time he spent awake he was left with no energy, completely drained and sore from the cold that had overpowered his entire body. To say that he had an unproductive day was an understatement. The time he didn’t spend sleeping he spent cuddled up on the couch, almost sleeping. The only bright part was her. She stayed close to him for the remainder of the day, making sure he took fever reducers and made him food during the evening. He was very thankful for her efforts, he would never have been able to gather the energy to get up and actually cook for himself. Once he managed to drag himself from the couch back to his own room he was more than ready to get back to sleep. Hopefully he would wake up feeling better, he really hoped he would. The chances of that happening was rather slim if he was being realistic about it, but hope was the last thing to leave a person. He forced himself to brush his teeth knowing it would be worth it in the morning and ended up almost falling asleep whilst he did so. Somehow he managed to undress, the clothes falling beside the bed in a mess for him to deal with some other time. Not now. Sleep hit him before his head had reached the pillow. 

When Jake had gone to bed Leah was left sitting on the couch, her lap still warm from where he had rested his head. She tried to comprehend the day that had developed to become more and more… beautiful was perhaps the right word? What had started as a caring gesture with her making him breakfast had ended in her being his full-on caretaker for the rest of the day. In her defense he had needed someone. Right? He would not have managed to get much food down if she hadn’t cooked for him. He definitely was better off by her caring for him, so he would probably not find it very suspicious that she had done so. His misery did not change the fact that she almost couldn’t handle how hot he had been. He was always attractive, she had found him good looking ever since that first day when they moved in together, but this?! This was something completely different. It made her insides tingle and her entire being wished for him to sneeze on her just one more time. Sitting there, she felt a bit exhausted from the constant teasing on her being and she felt like her edges had become a bit smudged. Like her body was slowly melting, her insides almost starting to spill out on top of the fabric. It was good that he had gone to bed, she honestly didn’t know if she would have been able to handle his sickly sneezyness any longer without exploding. 

She closed her eyes and pictured that first sneeze where he completely uncovered had sprayed her with full force. Her heartbeat picked up its pace a notch as she remembered the feeling of droplets hitting her skin. Her cheeks. Her chest. Her lips. A small sigh slipped out of her as the spark inside of her started to burn. The thought of it all made her blush. It left her feeling weak and hot. Flustered maybe was the right word. Blessed world that let her care for her secret crush like this. She let herself sit with her thoughts for a while, slowly replaying the day's events in her mind in an attempt to grasp it all. For his sake she wished he would feel better the next day. For her own sake… well, that was a completely different thing. Lucky for him that her will could not decide what was about to come. 

✿✿✿

She was aggressively snapped out of her sleep the next morning by a high sound that managed to make its way into her sleeping mind. It wasn’t long until she realized what was causing the noise. 

EE’ITCHuuw eh-eh’ITTTCCHuu hihhh-hi’iiTSHEW! Ughh.” She had left her door a bit open, why she couldn’t remember anymore, a decision she both regretted and was thrilled about now as he continued to endure his morning sneezing fit. 

iiTT’SHEW iihhHHI’TCHEEW eehh-ET’HSCHEEuuuw!” She slowly sat up in her bed and instantly noticed how her head complained about the sudden movement. Crap. The headache spread like a fire on the inside of her skull. It felt like something was trying to push its way out using her eye sockets as its escape door. Maybe her wish about continued illness had backfired a bit. Karma, some would call it. Bad luck, maybe. She could only blame herself if she got sick, she all but made out with him the day before. It had been worth it though. 

Ignoring her headache, curious and intrigued as she was, she got out of bed. Once she had put the fluffy slippers on her feet she slipped out of her room and went to search for him, hoping to catch him before the sneezing fit ended. This time she was lucky. Just as she rounded the corner to enter the kitchen she almost bumped into him. 

Oh-ohhh I-ih-I’m sohh-sorry iih-IT’CHEEW ITCH’EUUW hi-hi’ITCH’chhuh.” He barely managed to get the words out before he ducked his head into the bend of his arm to cover. The sneezes shook his body and she noticed how he had his free arm up against the wall in an attempt to steady himself. 

“Bless you! That sounds like it hurt.” She kept her gaze on him, curiously eyeing him and attempted to evaluate the state of his being. He looked rough. His dark hair in a curly mess on top of his head and his sharp nose looked red and irritated. That last part was not very surprising. It sure sounded irritated. 

“It do-oh-es ahh ughh.” She heard him sniffle, the congestion very obvious. “I thidk I’b dode. I deed to blow by dose.” He grabbed a few tissues from the counter and turned away from her. “Excuse be.” Then he blew, softly, but still he couldn’t escape the wet noise that came out. It was kind of him to be considerate enough to turn away, although she would rather have him facing her. He could not possibly know that, however. 

When he was finished he turned around again and she met his hazel eyes for the first time that morning. They were filled with tears threatening to spill over any minute, most likely from the pure pressure of the sneezes. He was pale apart from his nose and cheeks, like all blood had accumulated there overnight, leaving him in a dreamy, rosy state. All in all, he looked like he was feeling absolutely terrible and it made her insides tingle. She was an awful person for enjoying this as much as she did. 

“You look hot.” She smiled jokingly, a bit daring, and took a step closer to him and leaned forward to put her hand on his forehead. “You are hot.” She was surprised about the smile he gave her at that comment. At least he had gained some energy during the night. That was an added bonus, he was funnier this way. 

“Well thank you, I am trying my best.” Shaking her head she removed her hand she laughed softly at his joke. 

“Maybe you should try a bit less. I think you might actually burn down the place if you keep it up.” He just shook his head, almost mirroring her, still smiling as he pulled a hand through his hair. Most likely in an attempt to make it a bit more tamed and to erase the traces of all the sleeping. It didn’t really work. 

“Maybe you just need to learn how to handle it. I seem to be doing just fine.” 

“Are you, now? Who was it that just woke me up by his sneezing?”

“You know, that's just unfair. It was you who left the door open and a man must be able to sneeze in his own home!” The glimmer in his eyes made her happy. That sparkle had almost been completely missing from him the entire day before. 

“You got a point, young man.” She admitted, resting her case. “That does not mean you should not take a fever reducer, however.” As he laughed he held up both of his hands, palms facing towards her in a gesture of defeat. The used very soaked tissue still in is right hand. 

“Your will is my law. A happy roommate makes a happy life, a wise man once said.” He winked at her before he left to go grab the pills leaving her behind, knees weak and her chest in a crazy flutter.

23 hours ago, sneezey2023 said:

Aww love it. Both characters are so cute 🥰.

This part has me melting 🥵🔥⬇️

Excited to see where you take it next. I also wonder how much longer Leah can keep her fetish 'secret' for 🤔

Oh thank you so much! I'm glad you like it! 

I have been thinking about that one a bit, haven't really decided yet how I'm gonna go about it. She isn't really that shy about it as it is now haha. If you (or anyone really) has any suggestions or wishes feel free to give them to me and I might use them. 🥰

Hi! Felt inspired so wrote some more. A bit of coughing in this one, so you know. Hope you enjoy ☺️

--------

“I do believe it was a wise woman who said it, but you almost got it right.” Her words made him chuckle quietly where he stood, currently rummaging around the bathroom cabinet looking for the package of fever reducers. 

“Aha!” He exclaimed happily once he managed to find the bottle with the small pills. He grabbed it, quickly opened it up and shook out two pills into the palm of his hand. Only one wouldn’t cut it today, that’s one thing he knew for certain. The entire day yesterday had been wrapped in a tired haze, but today he felt more achy than he’d been in a very long time. He turned on the faucet and ducked his head under it, filling his mouth with some water. Once he’d swallowed the pills together with the water he took a peek inside the pill bottle, only to realize that he would need to swing by a pharmacy to get some more. The two lonely pills left at the bottom wouldn’t be enough to push him through the day, he just knew it. 

He brought the nearly empty bottle with him as a piece of evidence and walked out from the bathroom and into the kitchen. A small smile spread across his face at the sight that met him when he rounded the corner. She was already by the coffee machine preparing coffee for them both. The sight made him happy. Her lovely yellow nightgown made her look like an angel with the beams of sun reflecting on the shiny fabric, enhancing her curves in a way that almost made him blush. Well, it did make him blush, but his already flushed appearance from the fever worked as an effective cover. 

“Are you making coffee for me too?” He aimed at sounding innocent, but the raspiness to his voice made it a rather failed attempt. 

“Maybe.” She said, turning her head around and giving him a quick glance, eyes sparkling teasingly. 

“Pretty pleaseee. I will do whatever you want.” She giggled and turned around so she was facing him, her back leaning against the kitchen counter. 

“Hmmm, okay then. I will make your coffee, and I’ll get back to you on that whatever I want.” She smiled a dangerous smile, making him wonder what she possibly had in mind. 

“You do that, I’ll wait for my command, my dear.” He bowed deeply, grinning up at her the entire time. 

“You better.” She turned back around and reached for the fridge, opening it and eying its content. “What do you want for breakfast?” 

“I’m not that hungry yet.” Food was not something that he was longing for at the moment… Not with her being so incredibly beautiful, her light blonde hair dancing around her head in playful curls. No, it wasn’t food he longed for. 

“You should eat something tough, not good to take those pills on an empty stomach.” She nodded towards the bottle still in his hands. Ah, right. That might also be why he felt a bit nauseous. 

“You are right. As always.” He sighed and put the bottle down on the bench. “We’re almost out of them. You want to join me for a little walk to the pharmacy? Or maybe you have better things to do today?” 

“Not really, I can also go out and buy that for you. I don’t mind. You should probably take it easy today as well, champ.” He laughed softly and just shook his head, refusing to agree with her even though she was probably right. 

“I think it would be good for me to get some air. And the pharmacy is like five minutes away.” 

“Fine. If you say so. And sure, I can join you. Someone has to make sure you don’t die on the way.” Then it was decided. No matter what she thought about it he almost always felt better when he spent some time outside, especially if the sun was out like today. 

A little while later, after she forced him to eat some breakfast, they were out the door walking side by side to the pharmacy. The sun was high in the sky, the warm beams of light hitting him in the face making him feel a little more alive than before. Their breaths created white clouds in the brisk autumn air that, despite the sun, was cold in the type of way that November air often was. As much as he enjoyed the fresh air it also made his tight chest feel even tighter. Like it closed in on itself, giving the cold too little space to exist in. The change in temperature made his throat more irritated with every breath, and it wasn’t long until he had to try hard to suppress the coughs. 

“You okay Jake?” Her soft voice, filled with concern was a sure sign that he looked as horrible as he felt. A soft hand was placed on his upper arm, her small fingers squeezing slightly. 

“Y-yes.” He cleared his throat. Bad idea. A harsh cough escaped him and he muffled it tightly in the bend of his elbow. 

“I knew I should have forced you to stay home.” Her words made it through his hacking and he would have huffed at her if he’d been able to. Obviously his coughing didn’t allow for that. Once the cough settled he straightened up, pulled a hand through his hair in an attempt to collect himself. 

“Sorry. It’s just the air.”

“Mhmm.” She sounded very skeptical and he didn’t dare to meet her eyes. “Lucky for you we’re so close to the pharmacy.” Knowing she really didn’t mean to be angry and was just concerned made it feel a little bit better, but he still couldn’t help feeling like a little boy that had done something bad. 

“Let’s be quick about this, I don’t like you being out in the cold for too long.” Her tone was more soft now, as if she realized she’d sounded a bit harsh before. 

“Yes, mom.” She huffed, sounding a bit offended and nudged her elbow in his side, making him laugh slightly. He had the good idea to stop before he would succumb into yet another dreadful fit though. 

“Shut up.” Although she tried to sound harsh he could see the little smile in the corners of her mouth. However, he was smart enough to stay quiet the rest of the way to the pharmacy. Once inside she quickly managed to gather all of the necessary supplies. Tissues, fever reducers and cough drops. He was happy about her efficiency since the temperature change once again annoyed him. A lot. This time it was his nose that, upon the warmth of the shop, had started to tickle. Frantically. With a constant hitching breath and a slight squinting of his eyes he followed her around trying really hard not to sneeze. For some reason, even though pharmacies held supplies for all kinds of illnesses he always felt bad wandering in there actually being sick like a dog. 

He managed to hold off the sneezes for a while, not until they had placed themselves in line to pay did the tickle make it impossible for him to hold back. 

Uhh uuh eh eh-gnnntxxx UHhh huunnngxxt.” Trying to be as quiet as possible he stifled the sneezes in the bend of his elbow. Unfortunately for him, the sneezes did little to ease the tickle and the release was only for a millisecond.

“Bless you.” Her soft voice beside him. Once again she reached over, gently squeezing his arm. 

“Th-hhanks ehh ugh.” He sniffled, the wet sound making him cringe. The tissue box she was holding looked really tempting right about now. 

“You know it’s okay to sneeze, right?” He just shook his head, squinting his eyes shut as he tried to fight the next round of sneezes from escaping and spreading his germs all over the busy pharmacy. 

“Not in hhhe-here.” Her laugh made him blush. It was so wonderful even though she was laughing at him. Before she had any time to notice however, he ducked back into the bend of his elbow and sneezed four more times. 

hnnnn’xxt aaaah ah’nnnkkkkt huuussshnngt huhh hutchxxxkt.” Fucking hell. He could feel her gaze on him and the temperature once again rose on his cheeks. This girl did really make him feel like a nervous teenage boy all over again. She didn’t have any time to comment on his state as the person in front of them just finished their payment. 

“Hello!” Leah handed over their supplies and once he felt secure no more sneezes would escape him, he removed his arm from his face and started to search for his wallet. 

“Hello, the cold season is really hitting hard this year, I see.” The middle aged lady standing behind the counter nodded towards him, a sad smile on her face as if to say I’m sorry you feel so bad. He could feel the blush once more and could just hope it was hidden behind his fever. 

“Yeah.” He just said, attempting a small smile towards the nice woman before he paid. 

“Here you go hunny. You take care of him now.” She handed the bag to Leah. 

“I’m planning to.” 

As soon as the door closed behind them he snatched the bag from her, the tickle almost making it impossible for him to see anything at all.

“Giiiihh-ve thaahht to me.” He quickly reached down inside the bag and opened, rather desperately, the tissue box. Just in time he managed to grab a couple of tissues and held them to his nose as he jerked forward in an intense sneezing fit. 

iih-IT’CHEEW ITCH’EUUW hi-hi’ITCH’chhuh.” Oh, how good it felt to let those out. Finishing the whole ordeal by turning away from her, he gave a long blow to get rid of the congestion. 

“You done?” He met her eyes and nodded, slowly removing the tissues from his face to make sure he’d managed to wipe away all of the mess. 

“Yes, for now at least.” 

“Good, let’s get you home and into bed.”

Such an amazing update! I love how she was telling him to just sneeze rather than suffering the pain of stifling them! Good work and I can’t wait until the next installment! 

Just found this and I absolutely love theses two. They're soo cute 🥰. I can't wait for the next update.

Edited by 2SHY222
  • 2 weeks later...

Quite short but more will come soon! A bit more mess in this one. I'm thinking it's about time that Leah also starts getting a bit sick soon, what do you think? 

-----

Once they managed to get back home he felt absolutely awful. The small energy he had woken up with that morning was gone, blown away with the wind on the short walk from the pharmacy. As he closed the door behind them he stopped for a second, leaning his back against the cold wood and closed his eyes in an attempt to catch his breath after the climb up the stairs. The weight of the coat on his shoulder, the pure pressure of it, made him ache and he felt like it tried to push him through the floor all the way down to the basement. His head did not just hurt. Thousands of angry gnomes were hammering on the inside of his skull, working tirelessly to come out. The twenty minute, and that was almost stretching it, expedition to the pharmacy had sucked all the life out of him. It was tempting to drop down on the floor and just stay there with his misery as his only company, but luckily she woke him from his thoughts. If he would have sat down he wasn’t sure if he’d be able to muster the strength to get back up. 

“Jake…” Her soft fingers were cold against his hand as she gently grabbed hold of it, squeezing it carefully. “Come on, let’s get you into bed.” Her voice was sweet like sugar and it was impossible to resist her. That, and the bed sounded like a wonderful idea. His eyes fluttered open and he looked into her bright blue eyes. 

“Mmmhm, sounds nice.” He agreed and sniffled wetly in an attempt to stop his running nose from making a huge mess. The brisk air outside had cleared up his sinuses sort of like when one turns on a faucet. He was too tired to know if his attempt at turning it off worked. 

As she nudged him forward he pushed his back off the door to make it easier for her to take off his jacket. His movements were painfully slow, like he was moving through water. All thoughts were muddled together in a squishy cloud. He would probably have been able to get into bed on his own, but it was really nice to have her help him do it. 

“Now, take off your shoes.” Obeying her words as if they were the law, he managed to kick off his shoes. He let her lead him, a gentle hold of his hand, towards his room. His shoes in a messy rumble left behind on the floor. 

“”I think I’m gonna take a nap.” He said as he sat down on the side of his bed and looked up at her behind heavy eyelids. 

“You don’t say?” She smiled and chuckled a little to herself. “I think that's a great idea, but first we need to do something about that running nose of yours.” And as she said that he saw how she grabbed a tissue. Before he had time to to anything about it she folded it in half and put it up to his face, gently wiping his nose with it. The soft fabric brushed at his nose, effectively removing the wetness that had accumulated under it. Apparently the sniffling hadn’t been as successful as he’d hoped. The very intimate moment of her caring touch, her blue eyes glowing with something that he found extremely sensual, didn’t last long. The touch of the tissue had an almost instant effect, it was like pressing a button. He tried to suppress the tickle for half a second to allow her to finish, but it was completely impossible. 

AAAH AAAH’TCHEEuuu.” Before he knew it he had sneezed straight into the tissue she was holding in front of his face. The tissue collected some of the spray, a quick movement to cover him up from her at his first gasping inhale had helped a lot. Still, the sneeze shot out of him with such force that she could see the spray escaping at the sides of the tissue. The droplets landed on her bare arms and the tiny mists hit her all the way up to her chest. She could feel every hair on her body standing up, a deep shiver in her core. 

After another gasping breath the second sneeze came, just as forceful and wonderful as the first one. She took a step closer and made sure to press the tissue lightly against his nose. 

aahhh-HAT’CHEEuuuww.” This one also partly collected inside of the tissue. As he sneezed the second time she could feel the tissue becoming fully soaked, some mess slipping out on her fingers. That’s when she made the decision, partly for her own sake, that the tissue was too full to have any use. She removed the tissue from his nose and made sure to not spill his mess over other parts of his face as she did so. His reaction was instant. The blush to his cheek rose in a second, which stirred the butterflies in her stomach into a rampage. His lips were partly separated as the hitching increased in force once again, his cupid's bow glistening with the remnants of the snot.  His eyes were squinted shut in the most intense pre-sneeze face she had ever witnessed up close and all she could do was wait. Unfortunately she only got a glance at his entire face before he took matters into his own hands. Rather quickly, in lack of other options, he resorted to pulling up the collar off his hoodie to cover up his face. 

hhhehh hhee hhiiiET’CCHEU  hhhhiiie’TCHUUU aahhhh hhAATC’HEEIItcuuu.” Another three sneezes escaped him and she could do nothing but look at him, completely mesmerized by him. The newly formed darker spots on the green fabric was evidence enough of how incredibly wet they had been. Once he realized that he was finished he sniffled wetly and shyly looked up at her with the splashed hoodie still covering his face. 

“I’b sorry. Could I get a tissue?” He sniffled again. She had no trouble imagining why he would need that tissue. Quickly she reached for the tissue box again, pulled out a few tissues and handed them to him. 

“Here you go, and bless you.” He grabbed the tissues, turned away and gave a long, gurgling wet blow. After he’d made sure to wipe away all the mess he dared to look at her again. 

“I’m so-”

“No you couldn’t help it. I’m sorry I set you off.” She broke him off and gave him a sweet smile. It was a lie. She was not very sorry at all. “Lay down. Get some rest. You know where to find me if you need me.” Putting a hand on his shoulder she gently nudged him down and soon he was laying on top of his covers. After she’d thrown away all the used tissues, and wiping away some of the mess still on her hands with a new one, she grabbed his blanket and draped it over him. 

“Try to get some sleep now. Goodnight." With a soft touch she caressed him over his cheek before she bent forward to place a soft kiss on his forehead. The touch shot tingles and fires through his body. Maybe it was just the fever. He found it harder and harder to keep telling himself that and actually believe it. Maybe he should get sick more often if this was how she would treat him every time. 

Wow! I'm obsessed with his sneezing, especially his self-consiousness in public haha, the way you spelt his stifles was so endearing! 

Thanks for the kind words!!! This one does not contain a lot of sneezes, however some sweet relationship development and a little cold denial. Enjoy!!! 

------ 

By the time he woke up from his nap it was late afternoon, almost stretching into early evening. With a big yawn he stretched his arms, trying to get rid of the stiffness in his joints only to be rewarded with a throbbing pain from his joints as he did so. Guess he hadn’t been able to fully sleep this hell of a cold off. He did however feel slightly better than he’d done before, so at least that was a step in the right direction. As the weekend soon was over he would probably need to muster up the strength to go to classes the next day. If he remembered correctly he had a compulsory discussion. How lovely. At least he still had his voice pretty much intact, apart from it being a little raspier than usual. He would just have to manage it. Some ibuprofen for the fever and a little willpower would have to do. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and dragged himself up to a sitting position with his back against the pillows. Everything. Fucking. Hurt. How wonderful. He probably should have avoided Adrian during the past week, the guy had been sniffling constantly and had sounded more often than not like he was about to cough up a lung. The fact that he was his best study buddy had been the reason why he hadn’t. They had been cooped up in a small study room the entire week, and the guy had basically been oozing with germs. So he was really only to blame himself. Despite this, he did feel like shit and he wanted to curse his friend for coming in when he obviously had been a walking cloud of contagion. Well, nothing to do about it now except to push through. He still had a couple of hours before he needed to be somewhere, so he might as well soak in his misery for as long as possible. 

Looking to his side he found the bottle of ibuprofen and a glass of water. Leah. How thoughtful of her. He took a pill and swallowed it down with a big gulp of water. His mouth was so dry. Most likely he had been sleeping breathing through his mouth, his nasal passages were as clogged up as ever. As he swallowed it felt like a thousand sharp knives simultaneously stabbed at the inside of his throat and he couldn’t help but wince at the pain. He really wished for this to start becoming better sooner rather than later. 

As he got out of bed and went for his soft slippers he remembered the sneezing action from right before the nap. He couldn’t help but grimace at the thought of him being so incredibly gross and sneezing into a tissue that she was holding. It was horrifying really. He felt ashamed, but on the other hand she hadn’t seemed to mind it. Maybe she had a thing for taking care of sick people, or perhaps she just didn't care about catching whatever this plague was that he’d brought home. As he thought about the horrifying turn of events he realized that he was still wearing that huge snotty mess of a hoodie on him. How nice to sleep in your own snot, he thought as he quickly made sure to take off the hoodie, dropping it in the laundry basket to avoid risking putting it on again before having it thoroughly washed. He felt incredibly gross. From sleeping in a pool of snot to feeling sticky with sweat from the fever he was still fighting. It was just plain nasty. Taking a shower to cleanse him would have to wait though, he needed to eat something first. His stomach was roaring, fully empty now. The small piece of toast she’d forced him to eat in the morning was long gone. Yes, first food. Then shower. With that thought in mind he opened his bedroom door and headed for the kitchen. 

“Good morning sleepyhead.” She said from her place on the sofa as he entered the room. “How are you feeling?” He shot a glance at her. She looked all snuggled up, their biggest fluffiest blanket draped around her in a cocoon sort of manner. A steaming cup of tea in front of her. 

“I’ve been better.” Stopping in his tracks he crossed his arms, leaning one shoulder against the doorframe that separated the kitchen and living room. “I think a better question is how are you feeling?” The whole scene in front of him just screamed sick person, and honestly that she would end up getting this cold wasn’t really a surprise. 

“I’m okay. Just feeling cozy.” She said, in an easy breezy kind of way that made him look at her with skeptically raised eyebrows. 

“Mhm. Really?” She nodded and gave him a big smile. He found her incredibly endearing, the blond hair barely visible under her little blanket nest. A slightly pinkier tone than usual was spread over her cheeks, making her look as beautiful as ever.
“Really. You hungry?” Changing the subject. He realized what she was doing, but he let her do it anyways. 

“Yes, starving actually. I’ll go get something real quick. But then I’m joining you in that cozy fort of yours.” He pointed at her in a way that said you just wait before he turned around and made his way into the kitchen. After just a few short minutes he was back with, you guessed it, one more sandwich. That seemed to be all he had eaten for the last couple of meals, but hey, at least it was something. 

“I think you will become a piece of bread if you eat any more of that.” She said with a devilish grin. 

“Let a man eat in peace.” He muttered as an answer and placed the plate on the sofa table. “Let me in.” Without asking for permission he grabbed one corner of the blanket and unwrapped her before promptly sitting himself down next to her. After wrapping them both up again he leaned back against the sofa. “I’m freezing.” 

“You are, in fact, not freezing my dear. You just have a fever.” She noted matter of factly, only getting a huff in response. Smart ass

“You can warm me up.” Maybe he was taking big risks now, but he had to shoot his shot whilst he still was deliriously feverish. He might never have the courage again. 

“Sure thing.” She made an attempt to move to embrace him, but before she got the chance he had draped one arm around her, pulling her closer to him. Too close. Maybe not close enough

“This is perfect.” He mumbled with his cheek pressed against the top of her head. Her curly hair tickled him on the edge of his chin. “Don’t you dare move.” A small giggle came out of her as she relaxed against his surprisingly not very hot body. Like, temperature wise. Appearance wise, well that was another thing entirely. Let’s just say she felt very content about this sudden spurt of action and closeness. 

“Your words are my law.” The words were only small whispers, landing on the top of his chest where she had her face. She couldn’t help the blush from rising on her cheeks as he pulled her ever so slightly closer, snuggling up against her body. This was for sure not only friendship anymore. 

After sitting like that for a little while a loud noise coming from his stomach reminded him about how hungry he was. He pulled away slightly, only to reach for his sandwich, before pulling her closer again. They continued to watch the show that she had been looking at before his arrival. Neither of them paid much attention to what was happening on the screen though. He could barely think, her presence so close to him made his being all tingly. His pulse thumped hard, making him feel almost a little bit dizzy. It was probably a good thing that he was so congested, being able to smell her this close to him would have been too much to handle for his fragile heart. She, on the other hand, had started off much the same way but the longer they’d been sitting there the more she had to fight off the tickle in her nose. She tried really hard to not succumb to the urge to rub at her nose, revealing the itchiness that it held. The fact that she had started to feel more and more run down throughout the day was not something that she felt like sharing. It would only make him feel bad for getting her sick too. The longer she could avoid it the better. 

His sniffling and hitching for the past couple of minutes had been a tell tale sign that he was about to sneeze. So she just waited, longing for that sneeze, but not for the usual reasons. So when he finally turned away to sneeze, she was quick to pull up her hand to her nose, rubbing hard with her closed fit against her flaring nostrils and praying that he was too busy with his sneezing to notice. 

aaahHHTCCC’eeeuuw.” His first sneeze bopped his head forward, shooting out towards his palm that he tried using as a shield. Her feeble attempts at suppressing her own tickling nose failed. The rubbing only made things worse. So, she resorted to trying to induce whilst he was busy. She gave him a quick glance just to make sure he was still turned away. With his eyes squinted shut and his nose twitching in the way that it did made her sure that she had a little bit of time. Quickly she slid her little finger up in the nostril furthest away from him, in order to make it as discreet as possible. She didn’t even need to wiggle it around before she was rewarded. The effect was nearly instant and she was fast to press her knuckles hard up against her nose once again to quench the sound. 

ahhh haaa HIEATCC’eeeuuww uuugh.”

hnnggt hmmpf.” Just as his second sneeze erupted from him she managed to stifle two nearly silent sneezes against her knuckles. Hopefully he hadn’t noticed. As he scrambled for a tissue she leaned back, content over the fact that she had managed to stop the tickle. 

For now at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the kind words! Here comes another part. The first section is not very sneezy, however I hope the second section makes up for it! Warning for some slight mess in the second part (below the flowers). 

---------

The rest of the evening was spent in much of the same manner. Even though he had slept for the majority of the day he soon felt drowsy again, the weight of his clogged head making it hard to keep his eyes open. He fought it for a while, determined on prolonging this moment of closeness as long as possible. The previous fast thumbing of his heart had steadied a while back and now he felt more relaxed than he’d done in a long time. He could feel her small breaths against his neck, a soft breeze that told of how incredibly close she was. With his arm still wrapped around her he held her tenderly, the fingers of his left hand were spread over the soft skin of her upper arm. With small gentle strokes he let his fingers move slowly up and down, almost absentmindedly playing at her skin. Plucking softly at it like he was picking at his guitar. The desire to kiss her had appeared in his thoughts a while back. He wanted nothing else, and as soon as the thought reappeared he pushed it away. It was simply not possible, he told himself forcefully, over and over again. For starters he was sick as a dog, a sniffling congested mess that was all but attractive. In fact, he was actually really gross. The shower he so desperately needed forgotten, the desire to stay close was far greater. Secondly, they were roommates. If he tried to kiss her that might become a real issue if she rejected him and he was really fond of his current living situation. It was simply a situation set up for failure. Still, he couldn’t quite shake the want, the need, to press his lips against hers. Tasting that sweet breath of hers that kept teasing the skin on his neck. No, stop it. He kept himself together, settled with the cuddles and stopped himself from doing anything else. It was enough for now. It had to be enough, for he couldn’t risk it. 

Utterly aware of her movements, attentive at her every move and the change in her breaths. He almost stopped breathing as she moved her hand, slowly placing it on top of his in the most gentle touch he had ever experienced. His heart rate picked up its pace again at the touch, even though they sat so very close, fabric against fabric, skin against skin, this new contact made his chest flutter. How she was able to undo him like this was beyond him. He had always seen himself as somewhat of a cool and collected guy when it came to flirting and girls, but she had him in such awe of her that everything she did made him melt. It was impossible to resist her. Impossible to resist that soft blonde hair that tickled him on his cheek, impossible to resist her soft warm skin and her bubbly laugh. A soft, quiet sigh escaped him as she intertwined her fingers with his, a small release of the anticipation he had held within him as she gently held his hand for the very first time. Her fingers fit right between his own, the skin so soft and warm against his. He wanted to kiss her

Instead, scared of ruining the moment, he placed his cheek against the top of her head and closed his eyes to get a moment of pause from the radiating glow that seemed to come from her very being, a moment of stillness to steady his fluttering heart. The movie playing on the TV long forgotten. 

Even though he wanted to hold on to the moment forever, his tiredness soon won over his will to stay. After yet another big yawn, he slowly lifted his head from where it had rested on top of her curls. 

“I think I need to go to sleep if I want any chance to be able to go to school tomorrow.” He said as he looked down at her, meeting the blue eyes of the small girl beside him. 

“That’s probably a good idea.” She eyed him closely and he felt almost naked under her gaze as she seemed to take in the state of his being. “You look a bit tired.” The small smile that spread across her face was impossible to resist, and a small smile matching hers spread across his face too. 

“I’m exhausted.” He admitted with a small sigh and, even though he hated it, slowly withdrew the arm he had held around her. 

“I’m heading to bed too, I think.” Once she was free of his arm she stretched with both arms above her head and let out a yawn big enough to match his previous one. The movement made the blanket that had been draped over them both fall down, the fabric collecting on the small of her back instead. 

“Looks like you need it.” He teased, a soft smile still on his face. 

“It’s exhausting business taking care of you, you know.” She winked playfully at him before getting up. “Night Jakey. Hope you feel better tomorrow.” And once she stood she gently pushed back his dark hair from his forehead, leaned forward and placed a small little kiss on his forehead. The action made him freeze, and he had to fight the urge to lift his head up and kiss her properly once again. Lips against skin made it almost impossible. Her touch set fire to his skin, her soft lips sending shivers throughout his entire body. 

“Night Leah.” Was all he managed to get out amidst the rampage inside of his chest once she had taken a step back from him. Wow, he had so much game. Once she’d left the room he shook his head, pulled his hands over his face in an attempt to remove some of the feelings and collect himself before he got up too and headed for his bed. 

✿✿✿

The next day he managed to drag himself out of bed at the sound of his alarm. While the warm shower helped with the ache in his limbs it definitely also aided in the releasing some of the congestion in his nose. 

aaahh hhahh hiiiehhh hhhhahh hhhhe hHHAAAT’CHEISHhhieeew!” The first sneeze teased its way out of his nose, but once it came it was as forceful as ever. His head bobbed forward, the spray shooting out of him, mixing with the droplets of water on the tile. The first sneeze seemed to open up his nose, and from that point onwards he was constantly interrupted by teasing, hitching breaths as he tried to quickly wash himself off and get out. His irritated nose didn’t seem to let him. Furrowing his brows into a deep V shape, his eyes closed and mouth slightly open he hitched as the itchiness completely took over his being. 

iiiihhhi hhhha hhHIETCHSSSUUuuu iiiiaa’TCHUUuu ehhhh ehhh eeeSHUUUuuw!” He had to place both of his soap lathered hands on the cold tile in order to steady himself as the sneezes just kept coming. “haaah hhhha for fuuh-uuks saa-haakeeeEISHUU essSSHUUw eei’TCHUUww!” He aimed his sneezes down, his face and mouth directed towards the floor. Snot dripped down from his nose, becoming more liquid as it mixed with the steaming water from the shower. As he continued sneezing he could feel the light mist of spray hitting him on his ankles and feet as the sneezes kept coming in full force. After the most intense part of the fit was over he was quick to rinse away the shampoo and soap. Before getting out of the shower he blew his nose hard in the palm of his right hand. The slightly yellowed snot oozed out in a wet gurgle, filling his palm with the warm, thick mess. When he was done he let the water rinse the mess away before turning the water off and stepping out of the shower reaching for his towel. Even once he had dried off and put on some clothes the sneezing had only subsided a little bit. The shower really had left him a sneezing, dripping mess. As the block in his nose had cleared it had left space for the snot to come dripping out, and blowing his nose only kept it at bay for a couple of seconds before he had to resort to sniffling to keep it from seeping out. How on earth was he supposed to make it through the day if he kept this up? After gulping down two ibuprofens together with some water he cleared his throat and went back to his room to get dressed. He did not, at all, look forward to the six hours of school he had ahead of him. 

Her door was still closed shut when he entered the kitchen, no signs of any life or light on the other side of it. Most likely her classes started later. He envied her for it, how he would have needed some extra hours of sleep. He cleared his throat again, it really bothered him, and went to put on some coffee in the hopes to make himself feel a bit better with some warm, dark caffeine. A while later he stepped out of the door, prepped with packages of tissues, ibuprofen and nose spray. Maybe that would make today a bit more durable. He highly doubted it, especially since he left the house in the midst of a deep, wet coughing fit. Today was going to be great… 

He pushed through the day by pure willpower. Adrian had laughed at his sorry state once they had met up at school before the first class, and simply squeezed his shoulder with the words sorry about that. Although the words didn’t make him feel any better, the apology was not unnecessary. Adrian was definitely the source of his irritated nose and clogged up chest. After lunch, when the time for the mandatory discussion arrived, his voice was hoarse from the continuous sneezing and coughing fits that he had succumbed into throughout the day. He could feel the glares of the two girls sitting closest to him, and he couldn’t blame them. But then again, he couldn't leave if he wanted to pass this course. 

“So, the phages will enter the cell by binding to the cell membrane and then injecting its own genetic information into the cell, aaand deh-depending onhh ahhhnn ohh soh-hhhrry I neeeehhd too eh hhh hhienx’gt nxgt ngggxt.” He sniffled embarrassingly loudly, cringing at the wet sound that it made, before clearing his throat. “Sorry. So, the cells machinery will then be hijacked by the virus DNA or RNA to only produce more viruses, and that's the only thing it will do until it’s so filled with new virus particles that it explodes, which lyses the cells and releases the viral particles that goes on and infects new cells.” He sniffled once again as he finished his sentence before clearing his clogged throat. The irony in talking about how viruses multiplied as he sat there with his own cold viruses oozing out of his every pore. He could feel the sweat dripping down his back, his entire body felt clammy despite his continuous intake of fever reducers throughout the day. His head throbbed with a headache that only seemed to get worse by the second. Yeah, for sure one could see the irony in the entire situation. 

“Good, and bless you.” The teacher said and shifted focus from him towards the rest of the group, asking another girl a question about how to use phages to test specific binding properties. Real interesting stuff... Once he wasn’t the focus of attention anymore he fished out a tissue from his last package, it was almost empty by this point. Lucky for him he got to go home in about ten minutes. He didn’t feel comfortable blowing his nose surrounded by so many of his classmates, instead he resorted to simply wiping his nose before pressing the tissue up against his dripping nostrils. That sneezy sentence was the last thing he contributed to the discussion before it ended, apart from another stifled sneezing fit and a few silent coughs that is. As soon as it was over he quickly gathered his things and headed for the door. He couldn’t wait to get home. Get home to his bed. Get home to Leah...

Edited by sneezysunshine