Sneeze Fetish Forum

One Prompt, # Authors Writing Event

Reader

In 2018, we first started this writing event with five authors. In 2019, we doubled that number to ten. Now in 2023, as we want to get the forum moving again, please join in the 3rd year of this event and let’s break that record! Introducing …………. :drumroll:

….. :drumroll: …. ONE PROMPT, # AUTHORS!!!

So the idea is to have authors sign up and each of us write the same prompt. The prompt comes from one person (me) drawing four names out of the number of authors that sign up. Each of the four authors would be assigned one part of the prompt to answer. Once the prompt is complete, all authors that signed up will write that prompt. 

This is the general template of the prompt. 

Occupation, scenario, sneeze cause (allergy/illness/other), and a random word.

In 2018, the prompt became museum curator, ice skating rink, illness, and heat. 

In 2019, the prompt became doctor, vineyard, allergies, and fog. 

You would be so surprised to see how different the stories came out. My 2019 story based on the prompt was about a psychologist with allergies that evaluated whether prisoners should be released early and a police officer that was strongly against early release and arguing about it. They both went to a club called The Vineyard to clear the air and the club was foggy with smoke. And I included illness as a bonus because that was a must. 

So you see how you can twist it to whatever you want? The whole point of this is for you to have fun and enjoy what you’re writing. So interpret these prompts as loosely as you want to fit your preferences.

Say the occupation is a banker. It can be an actual banker, a “banker” in charge of Monopoly money on game night, or a sneezy limousine driver telling a story about his banker. 

So don’t worry about staying within some box. Have that box there and then think outside of it! Most importantly, have fun! 

You’re not writing for anyone else besides yourself.…..and your audience. But mostly yourself!!!

You can write original fiction or fan fiction. You can choose any writing perspective you want whether that’s first person, second person, third person, breaking the fourth wall, etc. You can write a drabble or you can draw a piece of art based on the prompt. Your story can be a one-shot or multiple parts. 

Please sign up below! We will have a month to write it but we won’t start right away. We’ll see who joins and then give details. And if we have a large number, we can add in one more part to the prompt. Perhaps mood. 

If you have any questions, reach out to me here or in pms! Thank you for reading! 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reader

• solitaire-au

• Chanel_no5

• sneezysunshine

This was fun the last time I did it, I'll totally go for it again.

Honestly I feel like we should try to do stuff like this more often, something to get people's creativity going. Thanks for organizing!

I participated in the first event and still remember how much fun it was. I'd like to give it another try. 

Thanks to @Chanel_no5 for bringing this to my attention and thanks to @Reader for hosting this event and keeping the idea alive 💕

6 hours ago, Selene said:

Thanks to @Chanel_no5 for bringing this to my attention

You're most welcome, I'm so thrilled that you decided to join in!!  :dancesequence:

I'm currently directing all my creative energy (and time, mostly time) towards ideas I'm either already working on or ones that are just popping into my head unexpectedly and need to get out. Just wanted to drop by and say that this is a wonderful idea and that I'm glad people were inspired by a discussion on the forum's activity level to create such a fun and engaging initiative. Well done 👏👏

We're already more participating this time (yay!), but surely we can coax a few more into joining us in this writing challenge...? :happysmiley: It'll be fun! 

Edited by Chanel_no5

Wow WoW WOW!!! There are 15 of us so far!!! Look at us breaking records! That’s 15 new stories for the forum!!! Thank you to all those who joined! And it’s not too late for anyone else that wants to join in! 

Let’s chat details! 

We’ll post our stories on January the 15th! That gives us at least a month and there’s a little extra time on top of that to account for the holidays. You don’t even need to have the story finished on the 15th if it’s a multi-part one. Just the first part. 

I will be sending out messages to 4 out of the 14 of you. I’m not including myself in the drawing. I will have 14 scraps of paper with numbers 2-15, and without looking I will pick 4 scraps. Whatever order you signed up in is your number. If you get picked and you don’t want to come up with part of the prompt, let me know and I’ll draw another number. It’s all anonymous. But again, the fun part of this is how everyone chooses to interpret the prompt so no pressure! I’ll do that this weekend and post as soon as I have the prompt! 

Thank you, @SleepingPhlox, @Chanel_no5, @solitaire-au, @Skylacticon, @aggedy_ann, @Blah!?, @SneezeLucario, @Selene, @Femilloween77, @jano, @sneezysunshine, @LazyExplorer, @Random Magic, and @Inducer!

@SleepingPhlox @Chanel_no5 @solitaire-au @Skylacticon @aggedy_ann @Blah!? @SneezeLucario @Selene @Femilloween77 @jano @sneezysunshine @LazyExplorer @Random Magic @Inducer

We have our prompt!!!

Occupation, scenario, SC, random word. 

Cashier, space station, allergies, and basket.

Good luck everybody! January 15th is when we will post! Thank you so much for participating in 1 Prompt, 15 authors!!! 

Wow that's crazy, I was thinking if I got picked for the occupation prompt I was gonna put down "astronaut" or something. I think this'll be a fun one, I have some ideas bouncing around already, and I'm excited to see what everyone else comes up with.

7 hours ago, Blah!? said:

Wow that's crazy, I was thinking if I got picked for the occupation prompt I was gonna put down "astronaut" or something. I think this'll be a fun one, I have some ideas bouncing around already, and I'm excited to see what everyone else comes up with.

Fellow space enjoyer 

Oooh I'm so excited for this!!! Gonna need to sit down and do some proper brainstorming. Thanks for organizing this 👏

I have known about these prompts for 20 minutes and the wheels are turning so hard that waiting until I get a chance to write everything down is going to be the hardest thing in the universe.

Hahaha, I first read the prompts and thought "how the hell am I going to come up with something that combines all of these into something that I'm also into myself??" and then it took me all of five minutes to come up with an idea. 😅 Needs some tweaking still but yeah, I know where I'm going... 😏