Sneeze Fetish Forum

"Doctor, Patience, Relationships" (m) - (8 Parts)

tma

Sorry.... it totally started with House being the avoidant one- but then somehow that changed. I think that House just likes to interrogate Wilson. I'm Really glad that you are still enjoying it though. House & Wilson are a fun pair (I think). And I don't care if they are slashed or not- I still think that their relationship is a riot.

Maybe it's just me, but I liked this turn in characters! I can absolutely see Wilson acting like that!

Wilson&House = LOVE :lol: And after Wilson's 'I'm on speeed!' sentence...I love him even more!!! Seriously, how funny are these two?!

*I love love love the story!* :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EEEEEEE......love it love it love it.

WHy do I have a feeling he's not going to last very long at work lol.

I can't wait to hear House say "I told you so."

Wilson rolled his eyes. “Yes. I’m a control freak because I want to do my job, not use a cold to ahhh… avoid werr… hehChmpt… ReeeiChmpt” he countered, breaking off with a harsh double that pitched him forward and made his eyes water with the effort of trying to contain them.

“Bless. No. You’re a control freak because you like helping people. You’re addicted to it.”

Wilson was incredulous. “Yeah… I’m an awful out of control addict because I like helping people. That makes sense.”

“You like our relationship the way that it is. Your role, as crappy as it is, is well defined and you feel like you get to be the “good guy” and the person that helps me out. You wouldn’t be able to handle it any other way.” House challenged; a penetrating quality now present in his gaze.

That hit a bit too close to home. Wilson nervously checked his watch and ran a hand through his hair. “This has been really interesting, but I’ve got to go. Look, if I promise to check in around lunch-time will you let me leave and stop with the warped psychoanalysis?”

House sniffed and sighed, throwing up his hands. “Whatever. I’m going to completely beat the crap out of my cold, so that maybe if you finally come to your senses or end up having to be admitting to the hospital, I’ll have all my faculties about so that I can fully appreciate the irony and enjoy having you say that I told you so and that I’m right.” And with that he sneezed a double into his robe and hobbled off to the bedroom

Of course you already know this dear, but I adore the way you write human relationships, and this is a perfect example of why! :)

Part VII

Wilson somehow managed to avoid running into anyone on the way to his office. He was thankful that his office had its own thermostat. He turned up the heat so that he could unclench his teeth, previously clenched to avoid chattering. Usually when he wore a sweater vest and a jacket, he tended to remove the jack and even roll up his sleeves when he was working. Not today. He heard House’s snide voice remarking that this was an auspicious start to the day. But I’m here I may as well get things accomplished, he reasoned to himself. He sat at his desk with his head in his hands, debating how to do what he knew that he needed to do next- tell Cuddy that he needed to cancel his appointments for the day.

He dreaded the prospect, not because Cuddy would be a hard-ass or would try to give him a guilt trip. In fact, it was just the opposite. The fact that Cuddy would be so kind and understanding would grate on his nerves and send him into self-inflicted guilt sessions.

Could House be right? That I can’t be on the receiving end? Wilson pushed the nagging thoughts out of his head and tried to work on what he’d say.

Then he quickly blew his nose, cleared his throat and dialed her office.

“Dean of Medicine…” she answered absently. Oh that’s right. She was swamped with donor meetings this week.

Wilson cleared his throat again softly, “This is Dr. Wilson…I umm…”

She cut him off, “Is House coming in tomorrow?”

Wilson was taken aback, “Ummm… yeah I think so. Anyway I needed to tell you I managed to pick up some of what House has and…”

“You need to take a couple of days off?” Lisa sighed.

Wilson started nervously rubbing his neck. “I’m still planning on being in the office, doing paperwork and I c..can check in on House’s team. I just don’t expose my pa…patients. ehXchmfpt…Schmpt” he viciously squelched the sneezes, and felt the heat rising in his cheeks.

“Bless you. Are you…” and then she paused slightly, and seemed to “toughen” her tone, “That’s fine, just be sure to keep me up to date with everything.”

Wilson shook his head, and wondered if he was running as much of a temperature as he thought that he must be running to have had that conversation. He felt certain that Cuddy was going to try to coddle him, tell him to go home, or at the very least how he was feeling. Very strange.

Wilson shook his head and took off jacket and turned down the heat. Of all the things that Wilson loved about being a doctor, paperwork was not one of them. But he was meticulous about getting it done, and doing it letter perfect.

Everything seemed to be taking longer than usual; it felt as if he was moving through sludge, both mentally and physically. Of course he knew that part of it was that he was having to stop every few minutes and sneeze or cough or blow his nose or massage his temples. Just thinking about it made his nose itch like mad. His nostrils began to quiver and he got out his handkerchief in time to catch two sets of two sneezes with a brief agonizing pause in between. Then he got up to stretch and heard a knock on his door.

“Doc” the oncologist cleared his throat, “Doctor Cameron. What can I do for you?”

James fidgeted a bit uncomfortably as he watched Cameron’s big brown eyes looking him over and assessing the situation. The preener in him had to squash the overwhelming urge to run over to the mirror to see how awful he looked. He knew that everything was being taken in and inventoried from the dullness in his eyes, to the paleness of his countenance, to the deep pink chapped rings around his nostrils, to the tiny beads of sweat on his brow. Suddenly, Wilson had the oddest sensation that she was torn between looking him over out of concern, and looking him over as one looks over a piece of meat. But that just wouldn’t make any sense at all.

He nervously cleared his throat and Cameron seemed to come instantly back to attention. “Well… we’ve run into a stumbling block over a diagnosis”

“Did you…” he began.

She nodded, “We already called House. He was sounded Really awful. In fact he probably shouldn’t have gotten the phone.” Wilson mentally rolled his eyes at that. “Anyway,” she continued, “He won’t talk to us. He said that we needed to talk to you today. Something about you being his stand-in, I’m not sure.”

Wilson sighed, he knew that he had offered to be available to consult be honestly hadn’t given the much thought to the idea that they would actually need him. He figured that he could stay tucked away in his little corner. Being a good little pathetic, passive-aggressive solider House would say. Wilson ran a hand down the length of his face, started packing up his papers, and put on his jacket. “I’ll be r..riiii” he sniffed and then continued, “right th..sc..cuse m.meee” Wilson said, turning away from Cameron and stifling a series of four harsh sneezes into his handkerchief. “heh-Rchmfpt… Chmpt… Ehhh.Rchmtp hmpt..” As embarrassing as being sick in front of House Could be, he still felt comfortable knowing that House generally ignored him. Well… not ignored per sey- but didn’t draw attention or sympathy to him. Actually the more that he knew that he was being ignored or left alone the easier he felt about being sick. But he knew that House couldn’t ignore him forever and this morning’s interrogation had proved that his instinct had been right.

“Bless you. Dr. Wilson, are you alright?” she said with a humorous expression on her face. It was as though she was fighting against her natural cuddling instinct and the resulting expression was an amusing compilation.

The oncologist knew that he was starting to blush. He nodded and cleared his throat. “Be right there.”

Cameron nodded, seemed to recollect herself and said that she’d see him in a bit.

Loved it. Hope House swoops in to save Wilson eventually, thoguh, as no one else seems willing to do it....

silentdreamer789

James fidgeted a bit uncomfortably as he watched Cameron’s big brown eyes looking him over and assessing the situation. The preener in him had to squash the overwhelming urge to run over to the mirror to see how awful he looked. He knew that everything was being taken in and inventoried from the dullness in his eyes, to the paleness of his countenance, to the deep pink chapped rings around his nostrils, to the tiny beads of sweat on his brow. Suddenly, Wilson had the oddest sensation that she was torn between looking him over out of concern, and looking him over as one looks over a piece of meat. But that just wouldn’t make any sense at all.

Somebody needs to care about him and send him home :laugh: *Snuggles him* If I were there, I'd be doing his paperwork and he'd be curled up on his couch.

He had to go to work looking sick.....I know that's hard for him. And why wouldn't Cameron look at him concerned and as a piece of me? I am. :laugh:

Part VIII "The Way Home"

Two and a half miserable hours later, Wilson dragged his body into his office and collapsed on his couch. His fever was now getting to the point where it was making him light-headed. He figured that he should take something- but honestly it just seemed like too much work. His arms felt like lead, scratch that, his entire body felt like lead.

House's team had been acting really weird. Wilson vaguely recollected, mind muddled with exhaustation. He had thought that they were brighter than that. He had to practically hold their hands through the whole diagnotic procedure. Which with being in less familiar territory in addition to feeling like death warmed over was either a testament to his brilliance or to their incompetance. James feared it was the latter.

As he lay hovering on the edge of sleep, the phone started to ring. He covered his ears and tried to ignore it.

He actually had managed to get a twenty minute cat-nap in, when he woke up with a kink in his neck and a flurry of persistant tickles assailing his nostrils. He groggily reached for the Kleenexs, and held them up his face with trembling hands as the sensation grew stronger. "heh... huReitchuh... EiTchuh... heeeeh.... ehhh.. reiiichuh... TsChuh...uhhh... god." he moaned a bit.

As much as it was killing him to admit- he needed to go home. Every fiber in his body was aching to go home. Because honestly, even if House interrogated him and gave him crap- he couldn't possibly have a worse time than he was having here. Now the tricky part would be to figure out how to get back home.

Wilson was just debating how he might get back when there was a knock at the door. Oh god- what now? He held his head his hands, then ran them down the length of his face- trying to ready himself for this next "adventure". "Cob ..." he cleared his throat, "Come in."

Chase peeked his blonde head into the room, taking in everything, commenting on nothing. Which was generally his style. "Dr. Wilson, get your things."

Wilson looked at Chase as if he'd grown another head. "What?"

"I'm taking you back to House's." Chase continued, matter of factly. There was no pleading, no bullying, no insisting, it was just a fact.

"But..."

"Everything is covered." He gave a faint smile and shook his head, "Dr. House was busy this morning."

"How... What.. huh..ReiShuh... EiTchuh..." Wilson sneezed into his elbow and then regarded Chase with damp brown eyes brimming with confusion. "Huh?"

"Bless." Chase solemnly pronounced, and then held a hand up towards his mouth, and from the grin in the intensivist's eyes, Wilson guessed that he was stifling a laugh.

"Did you really think that we didn't notice? Did you think that Cameron, Foreman, and I were really that thick?"

Wilson blushed, looking down and his shoes, and rubbing his neck, "Well... ummm."

"House warned us that you were coming in and seeing as how it was House." he rolled his eyes, "There was an evil plan. Sorry about working you into the ground like that. Oh and Cameron wanted to apologise too; she was nearly in tears. But I told her that I'd rely the apology on to you."

Wilson chuckled at that, but then started coughing.

"Anyway... I'm driving. So grab your gear and we're off." Chase continued matter-of-factly.

Wilson wanted to ask more questions but he was too tired. Besides, he had a feeling that Chase wouldn't answer them anyway. He'd have to ask House at some point how it was that he knew exactly how to get him to the point of giving in. And he supposed that Cuddy had been involved too. Well, I could play ignorant with her and see where that would lead, he thought with a cunning grin.

He sighed, knowing that the car ride would be peaceful. Chase would let him rest with his head pressed against the cool glass and wouldn't constantly be looking at him like he was going to expire at any moment. He knew that House had hand-picked Chase for the driving home part of the plan and that forced Wilson to grin.

They drove wordlessly back to House's place.

"Thaks." Wilson managed in a thick congested voice.

Chase merely nodded and gave him a goodbye wave, as the front door opened.

"There you are. It's about time. You're gonna miss all the good stuff." House exclaimed holding up a DVD of "The L Word"

Wilson gave a slow smile and stretched out on the couch.

"You know... you're awfully stubborn." House commented blithly.

Wilson rolled his eyes and gave House a look.

"Here." said the older man handing Wilson a couple of ibuprofen and a glass of water. Then Wilson noticed the steaming mug of tea sitting near his elbow. He cocked a brow.

House shrugged. "Don't blame me if it tastes like crap."

Wilson slowly sipped it and allowed his whole body to get comfortably warm and sleepy. "Hey..." he cleared his throat uncomfortably.... "Thanks. And ummm...." he looked away a bit abashed, "I suppose that you might have been right."

House rolled his eyes at the younger man, "Well obviously. Now- just lay back, watch women making out, and then you can make me pancakes in the morning." he said with a wink.

Wilson barely heard what House had said, he just felt the warmth of his words washing over him and the feel of a blanket being draped over his body. Thank god for relationships were his last thoughts before sleep overtook him.

FIN

OMG- I Finished it!!!! :unsure: I hope that you guys liked it. If I was totally unclear about what House's plan was let me know and I'll figure out how to make it more clear with still keeping it in character.

Awww. Loved the ending. I knew that there had to be something. There's no way that Cameron could have ignored his suffering. But House totally would have had to prove his point to Wilson.

I'm just glad somebody came in and finally rescued him. Go Team.!!

Loved it! As far as I could work out, the evil plan was that the Ducklings would keep Wilson distracted with easy things all morning while House organised cover for him etc. and a lift home? Is that right, or is there more to it?

Anyway, this was fantastic! Caring and sick!House in one. And I never knew how fun it could be to see Wilson suffer, too!

Looking forward to whatever you write next...

Silentdreamer789

Actually the thought was that House had threatened everyone within an inch of their lives to show No concern and to make things totally miserable, realising that Eventually that would force him back home. I know.... I generally think of House as evil..... sorry.

But... he Did arrange for coverage and had Chase give Wilson the ride home- (as opposed to Cameron... hehehe) so that was nice.

So... I edited the last section a little to make things clearer. :yuck:

I'm SO glad that you guys liked it- and I'll have to see what sort of story will come to me next. Actually- I had a thought for a Wilson one with Wilson/Cuddy that could be good- we'll see.

Actually the thought was that House had threatened everyone within an inch of their lives to show No concern and to make things totally miserable, realising that Eventually that would force him back home. I know.... I generally think of House as evil..... sorry.

But... he Did arrange for coverage and had Chase give Wilson the ride home- (as opposed to Cameron... hehehe) so that was nice.

So... I edited the last section a little to make things clearer. :clapping2:

I'm SO glad that you guys liked it- and I'll have to see what sort of story will come to me next. Actually- I had a thought for a Wilson one with Wilson/Cuddy that could be good- we'll see.

You know Wilson will let you know what he wants next. Although be careful not to make Chase jealous :yes:

Ohhhh....

I adored this ending, I really did. I think it's TOTALLY in keeping with House's character to do something nice (try to get Wilson to come home) but do his absolute best to ensure it looks as if he's being a total bastard (tell everyone to work him into the ground). Although admittedly I wish this went on forever, I know all good things must come to an end and I think how you wrapped it up was perfect.

And I can't wait to see who inspires you next and what they tell you to write!!

:wheels:

Thanks sooo much for this! I've just got into House recently and this fic was amazing!

I love House in the same evil, snarky bastard way that I love Snape - another fic favourite of mine! Maybe I'll have a go at writing a House fic one of these days... Until then, I'd loooove to read some more!

Thanks again!

Essie x

Thanks!! And go right ahead.... I think that it'd be great to see more House fics here. The more the merrier. :drool:

:drool: :drool:

Thanks!! And go right ahead.... I think that it'd be great to see more House fics here. The more the merrier. :drool:

:drool: :drool:

I'll have to second that. We can never have too many House fics.

• 1 year later...

TMA.... Have I told you lately how much I love this piece!!! Your Wilson fanfics are incredible!... ;) So well written... You can tell how much you love these characters. I adore you writing, just as I adore you!! Thank you for sharing with us!!!

:D

Evie

;) Thanks for adding the 2nd part! I liked it! :D

How obout some sneeze Chase after this ? :D Not that I'm not in love with House, but I possibly love Chase better :unsure::))) And your stories are just priceless!!!!!!!!! :laugh::boom:

Cool story ::hug:

Archived