Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sneeze fetishist dating?

YiffySneeze

I've been thinking about how so many communities have dating websites specifically aimed at them. Furries, gay and lesbian, certain fetishes, religious, and even less common internet communities. However, sneeze fetishist dating is one I have yet to find. I once found a link to a supposedly sneeze fetish dating group, however, the link was broken.

I find it sad that we do not have this opportunity. Even fetish dating sites with lists of fetishes do not list sneezing as one of them. Given how surprisingly common this fetish is, I feel it is only right that we have a sneeze fetish personals site. I was looking online for ways to create one, but I was unable to find a free way (the only way I can set this up) to make a sneeze fetish dating site. So, I'm bringing up the idea. I think we should have a sneeze fetish dating site.

Now some of you may argue that it might be unsafe, but I think it would be no more dangerous than all the other personals sites. We can probably keep it more or less safe if we put a lot of effort into it. It may actually turn out to be more of a benefit than a problem, as we often crave another with the same sort of feelings.

So what does everyone say? Should we start one? I think so.

-Yiffy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to date a sneeze fetishist, hang around this forum (or the "other" one), get to know other people who post on here, make friends, chat on IM and then in time...

No guarantees, but I think that's as likely to be successful as any more formal route. It's worked for a surprising number of members of this community. :wacko:

Having been an online dater for about 9 months now, I see what you're getting at, Yiffy. I don't think online dating is unsafe, if you take certain precautions, and there's no reason that sneeze fetishist dating would be any more dangerous than non-fetishist online dating. One difference here is that many people do not list on their profile their country/state/city of origin, which makes it hard to determine initially whether the person lives near you, or not. Long-distance relationships are difficult, unless you have a lot of money to fly back and forth frequently.

I do agree with S L -- I have heard of quite a few on our forums who have linked up, so I think that's possible even without a special fetish dating site.

My impression is that it would take substantial resources to start a sneeze fetishist online dating site. If you look at the big players in the industry -- Match, eharmony, Yahoo, Nerve, some of the special sites like JDate -- they are run by big companies that charge fees for membership and are making a lot of money doing so. These sites are policed, to a greater or lesser extent, to knock off people who are predators or otherwise abusing the system, like people who are still married but looking to start an extramarital affair. The sites also try to knock out the psychopaths and sociopaths, but sometimes are not fully successful at that.

While it's somewhat of a long shot, you might want to approach Hypnos and see if there is any way to expand this forum to add a subboard for singles who are interested in dating other fetishists. I'm doubtful that would happen, but there's no harm in asking.

Okay, I should probably keep my mouth shut, having dated more than one person from this forum, but I don't think a dating site would be very helpful. I found the three people I dated by chatting with them, discovering common interests, and becoming attracted to them with *outside* the forum stuff (i.e. I wouldn't date anyone from here who was ONLY interested in the sneezing aspect of a relationship and to be honest, rarely even chat with people who are stuck on that one track). I just don't think there would be enough interest for a dating site, and some of the interest generated would be the type we'd want to avoid (sharking and the like). But that's just my own personal 2ΓΈ.

Realizing the obvious I think is very critcal for this post. For those that open about the fetish why not organize something within the freakin forum. DUHHH! :( I'm only a member so my voice is puny compared to others, but I would suggest a moderator like LYNNE mention it since she has actually dated here.

I've never used a dating site, so I don't have any expereince with them, but I do think it could be a good thing, if there are fetishists here who specifically want to be involved with another fetishist. I'm sure there are people who would like that. Having a few real-life fetishist friends, it can be a lot of fun to mutually enjoy a fetish. And dating can bring people closer together (i mean physically, like actually seeing one another, at least sporadically, if not regularly)

I'm just not sure it should be part of this main forum. I think that would require a great deal of consideration and all options and ramifications should be weighed and decided upon by Hypnos. In the mean time, I agree with what S_L and Lynne say. Start talking to people, get to know them, find out if there are any common interests/attractions and go from there. Yes, it can be difficult, as you may not know if someone is available or even interested in dating, but thats the same with meeting any new person.

Lynn, the site doesn't have to be focussed ONLY on sneezing. There could be a lot of other things included to make matches better.

-Yiffy

Realizing the obvious I think is very critcal for this post. For those that open about the fetish why not organize something within the freakin forum. DUHHH! :P I'm only a member so my voice is puny compared to others, but I would suggest a moderator like LYNNE mention it since she has actually dated here.

I don't think a dating site within the forum would be appropriate, and I certainly wouldn't want to have anything to do with it. I've simply found people I was compatible with while chatting with friends on this site. I've made several close friends that I now talk to more offline than I ever did online. I wouldn't recommend going off and dating someone *just* because we shared a fetish, but then again, I wouldn't *NOT* date someone for that same reason (gotta love double negatives).

Okay, I should probably keep my mouth shut, having dated more than one person from this forum, but I don't think a dating site would be very helpful. I found the three people I dated by chatting with them, discovering common interests, and becoming attracted to them with *outside* the forum stuff (i.e. I wouldn't date anyone from here who was ONLY interested in the sneezing aspect of a relationship and to be honest, rarely even chat with people who are stuck on that one track). I just don't think there would be enough interest for a dating site, and some of the interest generated would be the type we'd want to avoid (sharking and the like). But that's just my own personal 2ΓΈ.

Yeah, I agree with this. Every shark that finds out I'm dating a fetishist always, without fail, asks if we "sneeze for each other." Okay, curious question I guess, and yeah...we have our fun, but by no means is the relationship based on the fetish. We just happened to meet through it. It's a pleasent coincidence. :) With a dating site, it wouldn't be a coinicidence, and I don't think it would be as "natural." That's my opinion. I guess a dating site would benefit some because they'd know that the other person is in search of the same thing they are....well, maybe. Depends on if you want a date or just someone to sneeze with. Let's just be honest here.

On the subject of dating a sneeze fetishist, I (somewhat to brag and somewhat not to brag) am dating the one you know as "Elle" and we just passed our 6 months together as of 2 days ago. In my honest opinion, it's the most interesting relationship I've ever been in. The one thing about our relationship is I never got the chance to ever work up the courage to say the whole "I have a sneezing fetish" to her...since she already knew from the get go. The biggest downside of it is that whenever someone asks us how we met, we give each other a very awkward slow look and say "uhh...we met on facebook."

The friends of mine who DO know about our fetish ask us about the whole "do you sneeze for each other" issue. I'm always one to be honest, so I tell them "Yes I do as much as I can for her, and she's got allergies...so I'm already set." Both Elle and I often forget that we met each other from the forum, because it seems like we have been great friends for a long while before. The fetish isn't the main part of our relationship, as I see it...our compatibility is the Business portion of the relationship, and the fetish is the Pleasure portion of it. Sorry if this was a bit long, I really have quite a bit to say about it. (So does Elle but she's shy...but she does say hi)

really, i don't see sneezing for each other as being different from any other thing you would do to please a lover/SO. if you knew something would turn them on, wouldn't you do that for them? wouldn't you like them to do it for you? however, if sneezing is the ONLY basis for the relationship, like many other insufficient bases (sex, money, etc) the relationship may be doomed to fail. all relationships take work....and those that have an element of fetishy-goodness are no different.

thinking about it, i would have to wonder if any fetish based dating sites are setting relationships up for a similar situation. now, understandably, there would have to be other compatibility elements, but, well, im still not sure about the whole thing.

Okay, I think I'm being misunderstood. This dating site would be like any other dating site. Just for sneeze fetishists. It WOULD have places for people to enter other info for a good match. No offense to anyone, but frankly, I'm getting really fed up with people not understanding that it's not just about "someone to sneeze with". That's only part of it.

-Yiffy

EDIT: Sorry for the semi-nasty post, I've had a rough day, and am impatient right now. (Especially since when I tried to comfort a "friend", she responded with a quick "F U" for not "comforting, but lecturing".) I'm a bit moody right now. :twisted:

Okay, I think I'm being misunderstood. This dating site would be like any other dating site. Just for sneeze fetishists. It WOULD have places for people to enter other info for a good match. No offense to anyone, but frankly, I'm getting really fed up with people not understanding that it's not just about "someone to sneeze with". That's only part of it.

-Yiffy

EDIT: Sorry for the semi-nasty post, I've had a rough day, and am impatient right now. (Especially since when I tried to comfort a "friend", she responded with a quick "F U" for not "comforting, but lecturing".) I'm a bit moody right now. :twisted:

uhm i'm down for that

On the subject of dating a sneeze fetishist, I (somewhat to brag and somewhat not to brag) am dating the one you know as "Elle" and we just passed our 6 months together as of 2 days ago. In my honest opinion, it's the most interesting relationship I've ever been in. The one thing about our relationship is I never got the chance to ever work up the courage to say the whole "I have a sneezing fetish" to her...since she already knew from the get go. The biggest downside of it is that whenever someone asks us how we met, we give each other a very awkward slow look and say "uhh...we met on facebook."

The friends of mine who DO know about our fetish ask us about the whole "do you sneeze for each other" issue. I'm always one to be honest, so I tell them "Yes I do as much as I can for her, and she's got allergies...so I'm already set." Both Elle and I often forget that we met each other from the forum, because it seems like we have been great friends for a long while before. The fetish isn't the main part of our relationship, as I see it...our compatibility is the Business portion of the relationship, and the fetish is the Pleasure portion of it. Sorry if this was a bit long, I really have quite a bit to say about it. (So does Elle but she's shy...but she does say hi)

Nice story - well told.

Yiffy, I do understand the direction you're trying to go with this... however, I stand by my original assertion. I think it's too narrow a common interest (and too sexual in nature) to base a dating site on. At most you'd probably have a dozen girls interested and maybe a hundred guys (most of whom you probably wouldn't want to get involved with either - no offense to our posting members... I'm referring to the type of person who leaves inappropriate messages on youtube vids and such). I just can't see it being a good idea.

And I'll shut up now.

Yeah, I agree with this. Every shark that finds out I'm dating a fetishist always, without fail, asks if we "sneeze for each other." Okay, curious question I guess, and yeah...we have our fun, but by no means is the relationship based on the fetish. We just happened to meet through it. It's a pleasent coincidence. :winkkiss: With a dating site, it wouldn't be a coinicidence, and I don't think it would be as "natural." That's my opinion. I guess a dating site would benefit some because they'd know that the other person is in search of the same thing they are....well, maybe. Depends on if you want a date or just someone to sneeze with. Let's just be honest here.

Anyone would think there was something wrong with sneezing with someone; or that it was "unnatural " in some way; not that I'd know because obviously I've never experienced it [with another fetishist, that is].

Am I very naive or just missing something, or perhaps the fact that I don't know what dating is and how it would differ from just sneezing with someone, but how can it be a bad thing to go out with a fellow fetishist? At the very least you would have at least one common interest, and would be sexually compatible. Most pairings naturally are pure chance, and many people spend their whole lives with sexually incompatible and often completely unsuitable partners. And it's always struck me that though looks may fade, a sneeze lasts for a lifetime.

You might as well say that if you are sexually attracted to people of the same sex, it would be silly only to go out with other homosexuals.

However, the practical difficulties do make the idea an ideal rather than feasible, at present...

While there is no problem with a fetish partnership, it would be better to have complementary rather than identical fetishes.

With a fellow fetish holder, there is no question about if its a good idea to out yourself, or how they will take it. On the other hand, many of us dislike sneezing, and that may be a negative for the relationship. I think I would prefer that my partner did not know I enjoy seeing her sneeze, makes it more naughty ;)

For me, its a question not of sharing a fetish, but rather of making a good couple. For one night of no strings wild fun through, maybe someone who "gets it" could make things go smoother?

I think it would be cool but it might be a lot of work because it would have to be policed pretty well. There are probably some nasty creepers around here who could turn the whole thing into a fiasco. The reason it would have to be policed, i feel, is because of peoples ages and stuff, by that i mean the minors. I don't know if minors would even be allowed to use it (the dating site thingy i mean), but i've had some older guys try to talk to me on here and so yeah....that could possibly a problem lol.

SweetP ;)

Yeah, I agree with this. Every shark that finds out I'm dating a fetishist always, without fail, asks if we "sneeze for each other." Okay, curious question I guess, and yeah...we have our fun, but by no means is the relationship based on the fetish. We just happened to meet through it. It's a pleasent coincidence. :laugh: With a dating site, it wouldn't be a coinicidence, and I don't think it would be as "natural." That's my opinion. I guess a dating site would benefit some because they'd know that the other person is in search of the same thing they are....well, maybe. Depends on if you want a date or just someone to sneeze with. Let's just be honest here.

Anyone would think there was something wrong with sneezing with someone; or that it was "unnatural " in some way; not that I'd know because obviously I've never experienced it [with another fetishist, that is].

Am I very naive or just missing something, or perhaps the fact that I don't know what dating is and how it would differ from just sneezing with someone, but how can it be a bad thing to go out with a fellow fetishist? At the very least you would have at least one common interest, and would be sexually compatible. Most pairings naturally are pure chance, and many people spend their whole lives with sexually incompatible and often completely unsuitable partners. And it's always struck me that though looks may fade, a sneeze lasts for a lifetime.

You might as well say that if you are sexually attracted to people of the same sex, it would be silly only to go out with other homosexuals.

However, the practical difficulties do make the idea an ideal rather than feasible, at present...

There's nothing wrong with dating another fetishist (just as there's nothing wrong with dating someone of the same sex if you're gay, obviously).... what I'm trying to convey is that it should not be the BASIS for a relationship. Just as I wouldn't recommend dating someone simply BECAUSE they were the same sex if you're gay. There needs to be more to a *relationship* than that. And as we're talking about a dating site, I'm assuming people aren't looking just to hook up for a one-night stand. Just trying to clarify my point ;)

I'm trying to convey is that it should not be the BASIS for a relationship. Just as I wouldn't recommend dating someone simply BECAUSE they were the same sex if you're gay. There needs to be more to a *relationship* than that.

You're getting way, way ahead of yourself. The dating site isn't even up, it's just an idea, and already you're giving relationship advice? Come on, Lynne.

Yiffy, I think it's an excellent idea and you have my 100% support. If there's anything I can do to make it happen, please advise.

For those who are against this idea, my advice is to take it for what it's worth. Dating is fun. Why wouldn't a person with the fetish want to connect with another person with the fetish? Commonalities are a key driver to good relationship-building in any way. Yiffy, I think your idea is brilliant. It'd basically be a specific, targeted dating site. It's fantastic. Let's get on it!

I personally think that this is a GREAT idea. I feel as if we have at least one common turn on that gets us going, the relationship will skyrocket.

Hopefully this site will go through :laugh:

~Merodii

I think Lynne is saying that she does not think this is a good idea. She could be wrong, but its a fair comment.

It isnt relationship advice, its a response to the rest of the discussion.

Many of us, including myself, and Lynne, (though not with each other :laugh: ) have had, or are in relationships with people from the forum, and I dont thin many people think its a bad idea as such. The question is, does a site devoted to dating betwen ourselves make sense.

My personal opinion, and I *think* what Lynne is also getting at, is that a dating site is a lot of work, and it isnt really worth it. Of course anyone who feels differently is more than welcome to put the effort in. I think its a nice idea, but I fear that it will be a large amount of work, and end up with quite a sharky nature. The experience of most of the women I have spoken to on the forum is that far from it being hard to meet men, its hard to avoid them, and whilst I could be wrong, I doubt it will be any easier if they are registered on a dating site.

Let me say again, to make 100% clear, I think its a nice idea, I think it would be nice if it comes together well. I have enough concerns that I wouldnt make the effort myself, but I respect anyone who does, and I would be pleased if it works. I dont think Id use it, but that does not mean I have a problem with it :P

Also, I dont think this forum has the right functionality for a dating site. Does anyone have an idea of what it might be like, or how it might work?

Archived