Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sneeze fetishist dating?

YiffySneeze

The ironic thing is that if such a site were to exist the best way to sift the sharks out would be through a secondary forum like this one, but too many powerful people are against the idea of any connection between this site and the proposed site; I can't say that their opposition is entirely without merit, it's a complex question.

If im understanding you correctly, you are referring to the Staff, as well as some long standing members of the community. While I cannot speak for the other members, the Staff are here to ensure that this community runs smoothly, and SAFELY for the members. We strive, daily, to ensure that the people who step into our electronic foyer enjoy the resources, and are free from exploitation and aggravations. No, we cannot remove all the dangers, especially from actions that happen off the forum, but we do try, and as with any anonymous community, there is always the possibility for deception. Many of us share the view that the compounded dangers of a dating site would be detrimental to the members of THIS forum, and in effort to ensure a pleasureable experience here, we do not wish to be connected directly to such a site.

It is not to say that we do not find it to be a good idea, or to have its own merits. However, we find it to be too risky a proposition, and would prefer not to be assocaited with it. Utilizing the internet to find common ground with potential partners has its advantages and disadvantages. It is the decision of each adult member to decide whether they would participate in a site geared towards uniting those with a common fetish. However, this site is not composed of strictly adults.

Resolution is right. This is a complex question. Dating another fetishist could be a wonderful experience. I would recommend forming friendships with other members of the site, and proceeding through communications in that manner, should both be ammenable to furthering the relationship.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"powerful" people? *snort*

Machiavelli indeed! :drool:

Should Hypnos ever decide to take the site in that direction, my opposition would mean precisely NOTHING. However, as he has no intentions of doing so... powerful *snicker*

"powerful" people? *snort*

Machiavelli indeed! :unsure:

Should Hypnos ever decide to take the site in that direction, my opposition would mean precisely NOTHING. However, as he has no intentions of doing so... powerful *snicker*

:laugh: Well this may just be a minor internet site, but hey, the word "power" isn't just designed to represent the idea in it's most impressive forms.

A good owner respects the opinions of the managers he/she "employs" so I would say that you do indeed have power.

While i don't share all of your concerns (atleast to the extent that you do) I do believe that there is alot to be said for your conclusion. There has been bickering and gossip in this community in the past, and everyone knows that the worst bickering and gossiping on the planet is that which is born out of romantic relationships. This, along with a host of other imaginable issues would accompany such a project. On the other side there is the possibility that the creation of enduring long term love relationships, and perhaps even families years in the future, could add to the strength and closeness of the community. Whether the SF community here would be worse or better off, it is certain that it would become something pretty different from what it is now. I don't fault any conclusion except one that thinks that it's a simple issue, and I am undecided on it myself.

Thing is, this community already HAS produced many long-term relationships that aren't based solely on a predilection for sneezing :P No dating site required LOL Thing is, those who have ended up in happy, committed relationships don't tend to blab about it all over the forum.

The idea of a dating site might be a complex issue, but most of the posters who are "pro" aren't making any bones about what they want - not a dating site, but a hook-up site. "if you get together with a fetishist, you know where the date is going" "don't give relationship advice" as a response to a simple statement that it's not all about the (fetishy or non-fetishy) sex. The main problem being predicted - a lot of guys looking to get some bombarding a few women women looking for *dates* - has already been illustrated in this thread.

I've been here ten minutes (lurker on the stories and art for years), so what do I know? Only what I've just read. That decent people meet and talk on the forum, get to know each other, and have relationships. That people looking to hook up aren't managing it as fast as they'd like, and want another site. I'm really not being a smart-aleck - I'm summarizing what I just read.

(I don't know Lynne from Adam's house cat, but the patronizing tone directed toward her for mentioning "not just about the sex" was kind of a creepy introduction to the forum.)

Thing is, those who have ended up in happy, committed relationships don't tend to blab about it all over the forum.

Well yeah, that's why I said things would change.

Dude, if you want a dating site, create one. No one is trying to stop you.

It will not happen on this site, it will not be financed by this site. Its not what this site is for, we dont have infinite time or money, and the staff here, generally, are not interested in spending their free time working on it. So its not going to happen unless you make it so.

So, lets make it black and white clear: If you want it, you must go do it without direct support from the staff here. You are free to do so. Please lets stop debating it, if you want it, you go do it. Thats what Hypnos did when he created this place, its what Bondi did with his, and its what Aku/Tori did when they created their places. Seize the day.

A sneeze dating site would be no more dangerous than any other dating sites. You meet anyone that you only know from the internet, then you meet them in an open, public place, you let people know where you've gone and you can even bring a chaperone along for that first meeting to be extra careful.

That's internet dating common sense. SFs are no more sharks than people on standard dating sites and shouldn't be portrayed otherwise.

However, I don't think there's a need for such a site - experience (personal) tells me you engage with people on forums like this whose posts you find interesting. You then start to PM each other, maybe you move on to MSN, phone calls etc., and eventually you meet up if that's what you both want to do.

I suppose with a dating site you'd display photos and stuff, so for the more physical side of things and for people looking to just hook up for casual fun then that might be more appropriate.

Doesn't really seem to be something a forum like this is set up to do, so it seems a bit of a moot point to debate whether this forum should be allowing a section for dating. There do appear to be a decent amount of people interested in using such a site ... so if you want it to happen people, go out there and do it. :nohappy:

(I don't know Lynne from Adam's house cat, but the patronizing tone directed toward her for mentioning "not just about the sex" was kind of a creepy introduction to the forum.)

Ah, don't fret about that... Putting the "moderator" vest on automatically puts a big bullseye on your back, especially when you're as outspoken and intolerant of inanity as I am :D

Archived