Sneeze Fetish Forum

A profile in caring - (31 Parts)

krazykat

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PART 31

Mulder sat in the conference room, his right hand desperately scribbling out notes on a yellow legal pad, as his left hand raised the mug of coffee to his lips. He grimaced slightly at the taste of the cold, bitter liquid, immediately regretting the fact that he hadn't gone in hunt of sugar after finding the jar next to the coffee pot empty. He was absolutely exhausted, but as much as he longed to go upstairs to the dormitories and crawl into bed, he couldn't even begin to justify sleeping to himself when he knew that their UNSUB was escalating and could be out there stalking another victim as he slept.

Putting the mug of coffee back down on the table he pulled his glasses off, dropped the pen down on the desk and scrubbed at his eyes with the heel of his right hand.

God, he hated profiling. Hated the way it suckered him in. Hated the way he lost all sense of perspective, getting lost in the need to stop the UNSUB at all cost and knowing that there was nothing that he could do to stop this self destructive behaviour. It was why he had had to leave the ISU all those years ago. He smiled wryly, remembering the furious look on Patterson's face the day that he had handed in his resignation. The look of rage as he realised that his goldn boy was leaving him in the lurch, the angry tirade that had ensued and the chaos that had resulted when in response he had lost his temper and assaulted the ISU Unit Chief, breaking the older man's nose.

And yet here he was again, falling into those old traps, the learned behaviour of no sleep, no food, too much caffeine, too much sugar and the crushing sense of guilt and failure that yet another person had died because he wasn't good enough at his job, wasn't quick enough at putting together the pieces of the puzzle. If it wasn't for the fact that Scully would kill him, he would have gladly reverted to another self destructive coping mechanism from his days as an ISU profiler: nicotine.

He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath, trying to piece together what he had read in the case files. Nine unsolved murders with elements of their UNSUBs MO. Nine murders which, after reviewing the case files, he was 99.9% positive had been perpetrated by their UNSUB. Unfortunately, as with the newest murders, there was no

forensic evidence in the files that would help them to identify the UNSUB. However, there was something about the way the first victim's body had been placed that was nagging at the back of his mind, something that he couldn't quite put his finger on, something that if he could only work out what it was, he was sure would be crucial to helping them identify their killer.

Reaching for the cup of coffee again he took another gulp of the cold acrid liquid, grimacing at the taste. "Well at least Scully won't be able to bitch at you for being hopped up on sugar as well as caffeine" he muttered to himself as he lowered the mug back towards the table, visibly jumping out of his skin when a female voice replied, "No, but dohb't think that I wob't bitch at you for sdaying up all dight to read dhose case files".

"Jesus Scull', you trying to give me a heart attack?" Mulder asked, glaring at her before taking a deep breath, trying to counteract the adrenaline that had flooded his system in response to her unexpected presence.

"Sohry, didhb't bean to startle you" Scully replied, smiling apologetically before launching into a sneezing fit, her feminine hiiitchSHEEEEWs echoing slightly in the quiet room.

"S'no problem, just give a guy some warning the next time will you?" he replied, the glare that he had thrown her way softening to a look of concern when he took in the dark circles under her eyes, the pinkish tinge to her nostrils and the generally rumpled look his usually immaculately dressed and presented partner was currently

sporting. "How you feeling Scull'?" he asked, walking towards her and gently pressing the back of his right hand against her forehead, his eyes widening slightly as he

felt the heat emanating from her skin.

"I'b fihd, I juhhhhh huuuuuh huhhhhhhtSCHEEEEEEW hiiiihtschOOOOO, wish I cubd stop sneezing. You seeb better though".

"Well I wouldn't say that I'm completely over it, but at least I can go five minutes without sneezing and my throat doesn't feel like it's got a broken glass lodged into it anymore. And, you are not fine Scull', I've seen corpses that look healthier than you do right now. Why don't you go back to bed, we've still got a few hours until the morning briefing and you look as though you could do with the sleep".

"Bulder, do the words pot, kehtle, black bean adything to you?" Scully asked, chuckling softly as she watched him grimace at her cold induced mangling of his name.

"I am going to regret saying this, but I think Fox might actually be preferable to being called 'Bulder'" Mulder said, laughing at the shocked look on Scully's face.

"What happenhd tuhhhhHETSCHEEEEEEW, tuhhhh tuhhhhhhHETSCHOOOOOO, to I eben bade by parents call be Bulder, Bulder?"

"Let's just say that I can make an exception until you can form consonants again, but that if I hear you calling me Fox after that, then I reserve the right to shoot you Scull'". Smiling at her, he gently turned her by the shoulders and went to guide her out of the conference room, saying "but for now, let's get you back to bed" as he did so. As they walked out of the conference room, his right hand resting in it's usual spot against the small of her back, he tried desperately to control the shudder of arousal that ran through his body in response to the way in which her voice, slightly deeper than usual with congestion, replied "Alright, but only if you come to bed too, Fox".

Bulder and Scuddy!

Oh dear, poor Scully, so much suffering! :laugh:

:bleh:

Ugnnnnnfdsfja;owihoafdfggg <speechless>

Wow. I am a recent X-files convert, thanks to a friend of mine...and I think your fic just exploded my brain. Sneezy Mulder... :laugh:

Thank you, looking forward to more when you have time!!

Part Thirty-one... that is IMPRESSIVELY long. Also, I adored the Scully chapters. Picturing a sneezy, cold-ridden Gillian Anderson is always good for the soul. :laugh:

Thanks all!

I'm glad that you are still enjoying this fic despite the length. I hadn't intended for this story to reach 30+ chapters but torturing this sexy duo is just far too much fun :twisted:

I have been out doing family Christmas things and catching up with friends during the last week but will try to get the next few chapters up soon!

KK

• 2 months later...
Thanks all!

I'm glad that you are still enjoying this fic despite the length. I hadn't intended for this story to reach 30+ chapters but torturing this sexy duo is just far too much fun :)

I have been out doing family Christmas things and catching up with friends during the last week but will try to get the next few chapters up soon!

KK

Hey! Just offering you some encouragement to finish this story, if you're so inclined. I really liked where it was heading! :D There are far too few X-Files sneezefics out there.

Thanks all!

I'm glad that you are still enjoying this fic despite the length. I hadn't intended for this story to reach 30+ chapters but torturing this sexy duo is just far too much fun :cryhappy:

KK

Hey! Just offering you some encouragement to finish this story, if you're so inclined. I really liked where it was heading! :) There are far too few X-Files sneezefics out there.

Ooops... completely forgot about this! Am sorry but it might be a while before I am able to post something new as I am completely swamped at work right now and will be for the foreseeable few weeks. Will try to get something posted soon, I promise :D

Archived