Sneeze Fetish Forum

fevers??

blairwaldorf

does anyone else have a particular love for fevers?? It's definitely my favorite 'sub fetish' of the 'cold fetish' if that makes sense. I just love them so much, probably more than any other cold symptom though I do love all aspects of colds. I love how in anime people always seem to get fevers...I wonder if Japanese culture has a collective fever fetish? hah that would be really interesting!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't post all I want to, because my 'Net keeps going in and out, but...YES! I love fevers, especially when they're part of colds (but I like them even when they're not), and especially when they're easily visible: that flush of color and sheen of sweat on a guy with ordinarily pale skin? Oh! Yeah! :blushing:

But, y'know, it's not as though I've ever started writing a story about that, or anything.... :)

~Me

I also love fevers. I think its wonderful when they are above 101.

Its such a fantasy to soothe a fever with a cool wet cloth! Yummy indeed

sneezeingfetish
does anyone else have a particular love for fevers?? It's definitely my favorite 'sub fetish' of the 'cold fetish' if that makes sense. I just love them so much, probably more than any other cold symptom though I do love all aspects of colds. I love how in anime people always seem to get fevers...I wonder if Japanese culture has a collective fever fetish? hah that would be really interesting!

Really?That's must be fun.I never heard this before. :bday:

Haha, if I start watching an anime series, it's very likely that at some point I get impatient and go and "find the fever episode". :lol: I've been thinking actually that we could complie a list of those episodes....

I love fevers too. :group: Especially as a part of a cold, but without the cold as well.

Which is one more reason to love Crime and Punishment. Not only is Raskolnikov otherwise incredibly hot; he also spends considerable part of the story being all feverish and agitated and adorable.

*SIGH*

:bday:

Yes, I like fevers...but then, I like sickness in general :group: Fever also tends to involve the sick one lying around feeling miserable and being taken care of...and I love the whole caretaking thing, I would die happy if I got to look after some cold-ridden, feverish guy :bday:

...I feel so sadistic...xD

I like fevers because unless it gets just unbelievably high, it's actually best NOT to treat them. So it's kind of more realistic to see someone toughing things out, really achy and dizzy from a fever, than if they were that sick from anything else (when you'd cart them to a doctor unless they were stupid-stubborn.)

For some reason I like to have my little excuses for why things make sense. :] And also, I just love watching to see how characters handle it, if they whine or gripe or get petulant or go stoic and enduring. PLus, struggling with higher emotion than usual, ditto. Everyone gets like that when they're feverish, I love to see what comes out, and how it's handled.

Fevers, aside from sneezing, are my favorite aspect of a cold/illness. I think they're the main reason why I don't go for allergies as much (despite being a touch germaphobic).

The achy-ness that comes with them, the hyper-sensitivity, the chills, lightheaded-ness...gah. They are freaking awesome. :P Always something I hope for when I start reading a fic.

I pity anyone who gets a fever. Ever since I got one that was over 107 F.

I agree. Usually at least once a year I get a throat infection with a fever of 104 that lasts a few days. The one I had last year I lost 9 pounds 2 about 48 hours just from the fever. I barely even knew whee I was and got close to being hospitalized.

So while they might work in fantasy, in reality they are the worst form of torture!

Haha, if I start watching an anime series, it's very likely that at some point I get impatient and go and "find the fever episode". :o I've been thinking actually that we could complie a list of those episodes....

:o I've definitely done that a couple of times. I bet I can think of a few episodes off the top of my head but it would be great to have a list of the ones I haven't seen!

it's actually such a weird quirk of anime. I mean, obviously I support it so much :o but I just want to know WHERE it comes from?? It's not even just fevers, although I think that's the most common one that appears. There's just so many more random (and awesome) instances of illness in anime, than I've seen in anything else, I mean why? Are Japanese people just sickly in real life? Or do they just have sickness fetishes? Or is it just such a traditional plot device that everyone just puts it in their shows/ movies without thinking about it, the way soap operas always put in amnesia? What??

haha sorry for the rant XD

Which is one more reason to love Crime and Punishment. Not only is Raskolnikov otherwise incredibly hot; he also spends considerable part of the story being all feverish and agitated and adorable.

I never knew that about Crime and Punishment, I think I'll read it now!

haha ok because I'm bored, I'm going to look up the ones I remember...this might get moved to the 'media' section but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post it there either since it isn't an 'official' related fetish..

anyway here goes...it almost always seems to be guys that get them lol, or maybe I just have selective memory?

Gundam SEED, episode 15 (m)

Vampire Knight episode 10 (m) (the fever part is only a small part of the episode but still really cute) [[actually I would recommend this anime in general to anyone who likes illness, one of the main male characters spends a good many episodes struggling with his vampire 'illness' and is in obvious physical distress quite often, especially in the first 4 or so eps from what I remember...gah I'm so mean :o ]]

SA Special A episode 12

X TV episode 3 or 4 (maybe both?) (m)

fruits basket episode 10 (m)

fruits basket episode 19 (f) (I can't remember if she gets a fever or just a cold...I think she gets both)

lol i know i'm a little late on this one but i thought i'd add that i, too, have a thing for fevers. not too high, but like 100-103 where i can say to the person (usually my gf) "aww, sweetie no wonder you feel bad..." :o i think i like the vulnerable aspect where the person feels so bad they just want to be comforted and/or held, possibly while sneezing. :)

thanks for bringing this topic up blairwaldorf, which by the way is one of my absolute FAVORITE tv show characters ever. her, buffy, and spashley. :D

I think you were catching a bad cold.

You're a fool.

This is a fever where I was hallucinating and was very ill for a fortnight.

Kindly grow a brain.

Oh my dear~

I LOVE FEVERS! :P

One of the sexiest things ever to happen since colds... <3 <3

I know of one manga that has it - it is rather cute~

A.I. Love You, volume...Erm.. either 3 or 4, near the end. ^^ I rented it out from my local library, and I think I almost had a nosebleed.

It only works in someone I find romantically attractive (in other words, it can't just be a random good looking guy, or even a friend I love) but a fever can be enormously appealing. It certainly makes my heart thump harder, but it's not really a sexual thing. There's just something beautiful and almost poetic about seeing the vulnerability of a man who is usually strong and confident. My heart just kind of melts at that, and of course the whole care taker thing kicks into frantic overdrive. But yeah, it's just fevers, not generic colds or anything.

Fevers are my fave. If I come across a fic full of one of my fave characters being all feverish and wobbly, I might just enjoy it as much or more than a sneezefic, even though I don't enjoy fevers in the same way as I enjoy sneezing, at all. And if I come across a sick!fic (fever, cold or flu, chills, the works, PLUS sneezing) I AM IN LOVE.

Like someone said on the previous page, I'm really interested in the heightened emotions that come with a fever, the way you're made vulnerable in that way. You can get some great stories out of that.

Oh god, I just adore fevers! I keep a personal list of all the (male) fetishy anime episodes I've come across. I tried to pick out ones that are specifically fevers but there may be some that are just sneezes in here. Sorry, I need to mark them with better descriptions. And sorry if anything is a repeat! All Male.

Hana Yori Dango- 36

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien- 10, 11, 12

Yakitate!! Japan- 61 and 62

Yamato Nakeshiko Shichi Henge- 2 and 3

And please, let's not forget that jdorama have their own special fever episodes too. :D:wub: (some more fever-focused that others)

Hana Yori Dango- 4

Hana Yori Dango Returns- 11 (same situation as the other one but it's too cute, I swear)

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e- 7

Zettai Kareshi (Absolute Boyfriend)- 10

Mei-chan no Shitsuji- 7

Kimi wa Petto- 1 (bit at the very beginning)

:D

I think it's like The Tom One said: fevers are horrible in reality but as long as they are just fictional, I also love to see/ read about them.

I'm (sadly :) ) not reading a lot of mangas but the few I read had all fevers in them, so I can definitily confirm this observation!

I think it's like The Tom One said: fevers are horrible in reality but as long as they are just fictional, I also love to see/ read about them.

I'm (sadly :) ) not reading a lot of mangas but the few I read had all fevers in them, so I can definitily confirm this observation!

Ok this is more just wishful thinking but maybe this trend is crossing over into north america because I have read 2 new young adult fantasy type books recently that have some really fetishy girl-takes-care of feverish-guy type scenes in them XD....if anyone is interested , "The Forest of Hands and Teetch", and "The Hunger Games" (they're both really good even without that stuff)

I agree it's way better in fiction, in real life it just sucks lol

Ok this is more just wishful thinking but maybe this trend is crossing over into north america because I have read 2 new young adult fantasy type books recently that have some really fetishy girl-takes-care of feverish-guy type scenes in them XD....if anyone is interested , "The Forest of Hands and Teetch", and "The Hunger Games" (they're both really good even without that stuff)

I agree it's way better in fiction, in real life it just sucks lol

oops I meant Teeth haha

Archived