Sneeze Fetish Forum

fevers??

blairwaldorf

Fevers are definitely part of the whole fuzzy-warm-yummy care-taking side of the fetish for me, but honestly, if they are way too high, it kills it a bit for me because then it gets too serious! I guess I just start imagining how scared I would be if my husband had a super high fever. If he has a slight fever with a cold, that's adorable and I can take care of him. But 107 O_O Holy crap. I would call 911 right away and die of panic.

Weird fact: when I get a slight fever with a cold (like 100-100.5), I become super chatty and playful, as if I'm tipsy or something. My husband always wonders why the hell that happens, since when he gets even the slightest raise in temperature, he says he "feels like he's dying" and can't do anything :P Of course, anything over that and I become a zombie. I've always wondered if I was the only one with that "quirk".

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, definitely.

I'm more on the caretaking side of the fetish, for sure.

There's something about somebody being unwillingly vulnerable that is just nnghh.

• 3 weeks later...

It's really odd, I like fevers, but I don't like to think to hard about them. I don't want to read a fic about a person who is really suffering. I think this makes me different from a lot of people, because it means I don't really like colds or illness (I'm an allergy girl all the way), or things like denial, and trying to suffer through it. It's hard for me to like the sneezes if I empathize with the person, and feel bad for them (even fictional people). Still, I like fevers, I think mainly because I never seem to get them, and don't spend time with people who have fevers, so I can pretend they're not really awful.

• 2 months later...

It's the fever for me. There is no doubt. Fever makes my skin crawl. My fingertips hurt. My heart stops when I just read the word. I feel it all over my body and deep inside. It's always been like that and I'm sure it will ever be. Just love it - no idea, why.

• 2 weeks later...

@hedgehog, oh my God, that is me exactly! I just can't understand why, but that's one of the main parts of the fetish for me. Do you guys like them high, or low grade, or somewhere in the middle?

It depends, Sunshower: I like them low when they're part of a cold (for my sneeze fetish / sickness fetish), mid-grade when they're the main symptom (for my fever fetish), and high when the main thing is a more major illness (for my caretaking fetish). So...let's just go with "Yes." ;)

A low temperature as you have it normally with a cold leaves me cold (*haha*). It should be at least 38°C to make it interesting for me. My heart starts racing if the temperature is above 39. It gets boring again when the temperature is life-threatening high (like 41°C); because this would only leave the hospital/intensive care unit as only logical consequence. And I don't like hospitals. So I would say a fever between 39,1 and 40 would be the most "interesting" for me. (As I remember - only in stories/movies etc. Although I somehow like it when I have a high fever myself. I find it fascinating. But if it's one of my family I'm much too worried to *like* it...)

• 1 year later...

I don't have a sneeze fetish; it's all about fevers for me. Sickness in general is exciting but if it doesn’t come with a fever I must admit that I'm a bit disappointed. rolleyes1.gif I especially like forehead feeling and temperature taking and people trying to hide that they have a fever (but fail eventually and have their temperature taken). blushsmiley.gif

I don't have a sneeze fetish; it's all about fevers for me. Sickness in general is exciting but if it doesn’t come with a fever I must admit that I'm a bit disappointed. rolleyes1.gif I especially like forehead feeling and temperature taking and people trying to hide that they have a fever (but fail eventually and have their temperature taken). blushsmiley.gif

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyess blushsmiley.gifblushsmiley.gifblushsmiley.gif

• 5 weeks later...
does anyone else have a particular love for fevers??

I really really do. Forehead feels, thermometers... dizziness and fainting are all well and good (for my favourite fictional characters), but somehow a fever makes everything... it solidifies their need for comfort. Legitimizes their claim, maybe. And I love the way it can mess with their head and upset them when otherwise maybe they'd be all stoic and tight-lipped. A fever on top of a cold (which really I guess makes it the flu) is bliss. biggrin.png

I agree with mads3rv3r. Personally I love it when they get the forehead feels or if there's a thermometer sticking out of their mouth, but I usually don't see dizziness and fainting in shows/real life. For me a sneeze filled cold with sniffling and fever is perfection at it's finest. wubsmiley.gif

As long as it's not life threatening.

• 3 weeks later...
does anyone else have a particular love for fevers??

I really really do. Forehead feels, thermometers... dizziness and fainting are all well and good (for my favourite fictional characters), but somehow a fever makes everything... it solidifies their need for comfort. Legitimizes their claim, maybe. And I love the way it can mess with their head and upset them when otherwise maybe they'd be all stoic and tight-lipped. A fever on top of a cold (which really I guess makes it the flu) is bliss. biggrin.png

I agree with mads3rv3r. Personally I love it when they get the forehead feels or if there's a thermometer sticking out of their mouth, but I usually don't see dizziness and fainting in shows/real life. For me a sneeze filled cold with sniffling and fever is perfection at it's finest. wubsmiley.gif

As long as it's not life threatening.

THIS, exactly this. heart.gif:heart:

Archived