• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• untiluntiluntil

• katia

• Zane

• obsessed

AWWWW!!! This is the cutest, sexiest, most fantastic peice of awesome I have ever encountered. allergies, fever, asthma... holy crap you're gunna kill me (in a good way!!). LOVE!!!!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for posting this.

You guys rock. I'm going to try to write more tonight :( Don't worry...there will be loads and loads more. 'll make this thread a million pages long.

You guys rock. I'm going to try to write more tonight ;) Don't worry...there will be loads and loads more. 'll make this thread a million pages long.

:(:blushing::P

Glad to hear it!!

Edited by nnifer
You guys rock. I'm going to try to write more tonight :) Don't worry...there will be loads and loads more. 'll make this thread a million pages long.

Hurray!

~W.I.N.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww please please please some more!!! This is so good! :):heart:

and I kinda love like the asthma problem there :)

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww please please please some more!!! This is so good! :heart: :heart:

See, I'm super glad people are saying this, because I always thought I was the only one? Aaaaaand I felt like a freak. Now at least I know I'm not alone. :)

awwwwwwwwwwwwwww please please please some more!!! This is so good! :heart: :heart:

See, I'm super glad people are saying this, because I always thought I was the only one? Aaaaaand I felt like a freak. Now at least I know I'm not alone. :)

No, you're definitely not the only one. I've always had a fairly major 'thing' for asthma.

and I kinda love like the asthma problem there :heart:

No, you're definitely not the only one. I've always had a fairly major 'thing' for asthma.

Me too. It's awful. Yaaaaay for writing fics others enjoy, though! :)

“One more sip.” Charlie pressed the lip of the glass against Eric's mouth. “One more.”

“Don' wan' it.” Eric rubbed his nose and tried to push the glass away.

Charlie stumbled and frowned at Eric as some of the chocolate milkshake sloshed onto his hands. “Hey.”

“You drink it.”

Charlie licked his his hands clean and took a small sip of the milkshake before replacing it to Eric's lips. “See? Now you. Good boy. Thank you.” He set the glass down and pulled another pair of socks onto Eric's feet. Somehow they all went missing under the covers.

“Huh'ISH'uh!

“Bless you,” Charlie said gently, helping Eric back under the covers. “You're all done, you can relax.” He stroked Eric's cheeks and Eric closed his eyes. Charlie's hands were so warm and nice. Charlie was so warm and nice, and he made the awful cold a little better. And thank God he wasn't sick. Eric snuggled into his pillows while Charlie turned his head and coughed for awhile.

“Need t'go back to the allergist,” Eric mumbled.

Charlie nodded, sniffling. “H...ISH! K'ISH! ISH'uh!” He rubbed his eyes. “I know. It's too late in this year for me to be this bothered. Must be the dust.” He moved his hand up to his forehead and rubbed it with the heel of his hand. He was losing his voice, like he always did when his asthma was bad. Poor baby. He gave a wheezy sigh. “Mind if I lie down with you?”

“Uh-uh, c'mere.” Eric scooted over and tucked Charlie under his arm. Charlie seemed uncharacteristically hesitant to be touched, which made Eric frown. “Jus' wanna make your chest feel better, baby.” Charlie's breathing had been junky for the past two days. The stress of staying up with sick Eric probably wasn't serving him well. God, he needed to give the kid a break. He leaned on his elbow and rubbed Charlie's chest. “Y'have a headache?” He turned his face away quickly. “Huh'USH'uh!”

“Bless,” Charlie said softly. “A little one.”

“Y'should get some sleep.”

“Should get some sleep,” Charlie mumbled, and drifted off as soon as he stopped coughing.

Poor thing. His breathing was even worse now that he was asleep. Eric frowned. He should have made Charlie take his meds before he fell asleep. But he'd taken his inhaler at least five times today already, because Eric kept insisting on it. And every time it helped for ten minutes, and then he was right back where he was. He should have made him stop going up and down the stairs...

He put his hand on lower Charlie's back and rubbed in slow circles. Through Charlie's thin t-shirt, he could feel a bit of roughness to Charlie's usually baby-soft skin. He lifted the hem of Charlie's t-shirt and uncovered a small patch of hives.

Shit, that was no good. He touched them hesitantly; they were burning hot. A few hives was probably nothing to worry about. Maybe just his shirt rubbing against him, or from lying on the floor and getting bothered by the dust. It was only if there were a lot...Eric carefully pulled up the rest of Charlie's shirt and there they were, covering his entire back and chest.

Shit.

He sat up and shook his head quickly to clear it, but the sudden change in pressure just made his nose itch. He pushed his hand against it—he needed to think. He needed to wake up now and take care of Charlie.

Covered in hives meant he was either really sick or he was having a reaction. He bit his lip, remembering Charlie drinking the milkshake. If it had traces of peanuts or something...

“Charlie, up.” He put his hand on Charlie's growly chest and shook very gently. “Wake up, baby.”

Charlie rubbed his eyes.

Eric threw himself into a jacket and a pair of shoes and scooped Charlie off the bed. “Don't,” Charlie mumbled, “You're sick,” but he was already snuggling into the folds of Eric's coat. He curled up, knees to his chest, as he coughed.

“Huh-ISH'uh!” Eric groaned at himself and his runny nose that he didn't have time to deal with. He cradled Charlie downstairs, sniffling, and buckled him into the passenger seat. He climbed in quickly and pinched his nose with a tissue. “Hxht'ISH!”

Charlie looked around, wheezing. “Where are we going? Y'too sick to drive.”

“Hospital.”

Charlie, to Eric's immense, concern, didn't protest, just rested his cheek on the dashboard and wheezed.

Eric's hands shook as he started the car. “Honey. Inhaler.”

“M'fine 'sjust allergies.”

Eric felt his chin starting to shake. What if...God, all he could thing was what if. What if this was all his fault? He should have just drunk the fucking milkshake. What if they didn't get to the hospital in time? What if he should have been paying attention and now...He ran through Charlie's allergies in his head. Peanuts, tree nuts, shellfish--there wouldn't be fucking shellfish in a milkshake...

He cautiously put a hand on Charlie's back as he drove. He could feel the hives radiating heat. “Charliebear, what was in the ice cream?” He had a rule for feeding Charlie—read the ingredients three times first. Charlie was not always so careful.

“Ice cream was for the milkshake,” he said.

“I know, baby...”

Eric parked at the hospital and ran Charlie inside, keeping the boy's head carefully into his chest. He begged the triage nurse but had to show her the hives before she'd pay any attention. But they did the trick; ten minutes later, they had a gurney and an IV.

“God, I hate hospitals,” Charlie mumbled.

Eric sat next to him, holding a tissue to his streaming nose and stroking his boyfriend's hair.

“H'ixhst!” Charlie screwed up his face. “H'ish! K'hish! I'ISH'uh!”

“Just the reaction, hon,” Eric said, anxiously looking around for the doctor. Charlie needed help!

Charlie shook his head weakly. “It's not a reaction.”

Eric squeezes his hand. “Shh, baby. Doctor's coming.”

But the doctor confirmed Charlie's diagnosis—with a normal pulse and no swollen airway, this was not a reaction. He took some blood to confirm, but said the hives were probably viral, as evidenced by Charlie's 103.6 degree fever.

Eric stared at the doctor. “What?” He put his hand on Charlie's chest to roll him over. “What?”

Charlie watched him. “Sorry.”

“Why didn't you tell me?”

“Didn't want to worry you...”

The doctor held his stethoscope to Charlie's chest and listened to him struggle for air. “Sounds like pneumonia.” Eric mouthed the word along with him, arriving to the same conclusion even without a stethoscope.

“Have asthma,” Charlie said softly.

The doctor said, “Well, now you have asthma and pneumonia.”

Charlie croaked, “Cool—h'XH't! ISH! K'ISh!”

“We're going to keep you overnight,” the doctor said.

“Can y'take Eric's temp?” Charlie whispered. “He's really sick.”

The doctor looked at Eric, who immediately shook his head. “It's just a cold.” He rubbed Charlie's back in slow circles. “I'm fine.”

As soon as the doctor was gone, Eric hurried up on the gurney and spooned Charlie, wrapping his body around his as much as it would go. “How's the breathing doing?” he murmured into his ear.

“Sucks.” His exhales sounded like waves crashing.

“How's your nose doing?”

“Itchy.”

Eric wiped it gently. “Poor thing. I'm going to take care of you.” He buried his face in Charlie's shoulder. “How's your boyfriend doing?”

Charlie's face relaxed into a smile. “Perfect.”

Sooooo good! I've been checking this tread every like ten minutes for updates, and here it is! I think I've already read it three times. Lol. Charlie is so freaking cute. And Eric. Such a good boyfriend. I love these two. Wonderful as expected. Thanks!

OMG!!! SO CUTE!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! :( the newest one was just :) I'm pretty much at a loss for words at how amazing it was. thank you so much!!! hope this continues.

I love how many other teenagers/young adults are reading this. hey, guys. :P

more will come, probably wrapping up this little storyline, then i'll start something new with the boys (prolly back to allergies--it's my comfort zone)

YUM!!!!!! that sounds awsome! :P just a thought, you totally don't have to do this if you don't want to but is Eric going to have allergies later on? that would be cool! :twisted: haha..... :D

YUM!!!!!! that sounds awsome! :P just a thought, you totally don't have to do this if you don't want to but is Eric going to have allergies later on? that would be cool! :D haha..... :rolleyes:

He doesn't have allergies per se, but there are some things that make him sneeze...youuuuu'll see. Sometimes Charlie gets pissed he's the one doing all the sneezing :twisted:

Oh wow! Finals week and I discover this?! How am supposed to get anything done now?? Lol, these are amazing! Thanks for posting these! Perfect distraction and I LUVS Charlie! So cute!

Oh wow! Finals week and I discover this?! How am supposed to get anything done now?? Lol, these are amazing! Thanks for posting these! Perfect distraction and I LUVS Charlie! So cute!

Ha, it's finals week for me, too! Why do you think I'm writing so much?

oh aaaaand mkool I love your avatar.

Mod Note: Merged posts ~Mute

Edited by The Mute Poet

Ha, it's finals week for me, too! Why do you think I'm writing so much?

haha, finals week here too, hence why I check this thread every hour for updates. much better than studying. :P And it's good to hear that we'll be seeing more of Charlies adorable allergies.

finals week here too! BLEH!!!! :):bleh: well at least I only have 1 final that I'm worried about. the other 3 I think will be easy. B-P AND THEN IT IS BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTY TIME!!!! jk.... lol.

Just a little one to finish this plot line.

------

Heart pounding head pounding lungs pounding STOP.

“Hey. It's okay.” Charlie felt his body pulled roughly into Eric's. “Stop fighting me off, Charlieboy, wake up.”

Charlie opened his eyes slowly, his breathing coming down as his bedroom came back into a blearly semblance of focus. Okay. This was okay. This was...a little okay.

He whimpered involuntarily.

“It was just a bad dream,” Eric said. “Just the fever.”

Charlie wished he could blame the nightmares on the fever. Eric probably did, too; waking up to Charlie's screaming and wheezing twice a week couldn't be fun.

“Help me sit up?” Charlie croaked.

Eric nodded and scooped Charlie into sitting, keeping the smaller boy's back against his shoulder for support. Eric had nearly all of his strength back, and only a slight runny nose left as a souvenir from the cold from hell. Charlie, despite his pneumonia, had recovered quite well, thanks to the discovery of the only antibiotic yet he wasn't allergic to. He continued to run a fever and was still a congested mess, and his breathing wasn't perfect, but except one middle-of-the-night trek back to the emergency room two nights ago, all was going quite nicely.

Eric pressed his palm against Charlie's forehead and left a quick kiss on his temple. “Still burning up, sugar.”

“It'll pass.” The fevers always spiked at night. He moved Eric's hand to his chest, like his boyfriend could somehow slow his heartbeat.

“Just a nightmare,” Eric whispered. “Wasn't real.”

Charlie's breath caught. “Y-yeah, it was. H'ish! Kuh'ish! H'ISH!”

“Blow.” Eric kissed Charlie's nose, bringing forth another sneeze--“H'KISH'uh!” and held a tissue out to him. “I so want to fill you up with decongestants.”

“M'allergic.” He blew his nose. “H'KISH'uh!”

“Yeah, hence me not filling you up with decongestants. Your heart is still throbbing, baby. You okay?” He gave Charlie's cheek a brief nuzzle. “Your mom?”

Charlie hesitated, then nodded miserably. His head felt like it weighed a million pounds. And his nose still itched like crazy.

He watched Eric search for the right words; it wasn't as if he could say, “Don't worry, it was just a dream. Your mom's fine. She's not really dead.”

“H'ISH! ISH!”

“Bless you. You okay?”

He nodded, wheezing softly. “I'm freezing cold.”

“Yeah, you sound like it.” Eric swaddled Charlie in the blankets and wrapped his arms around him. “Better?”

Charlie snuggled into Eric. “Uh-huh.”

“This can't be good for the fever.”

“But it's good for the sneezing.”

“That's true.” Eric rested his head on top of Charlie's head. “And good for the nightmare, too.”

Charlie played with the pillowcase until he had the courage to say. “So don't...I mean, die or anything, okay? Don't you go anywhere?”

“I wouldn't dare.” He kissed the back of Charlie's head. “You'd hunt me down and kick my ass.”

“Pneumonia or no pneumonia.”

“Asthma or no asthma.”

“Five foot seven or...no five foot seven.”

Eric laughed. “Exactly.”

Good. “We can go back to sleep,” Charlie whispered, and he was there almost before the words left his fever-pink lips.