Sneeze Fetish Forum

Bitter Tears - Complete (11 Parts)

Scion

“Yup. Ligke I said, Sibod. Bmucus. You ever read ‘Idt Cabe frob Bedeath the Sindk?’”

“No,” Simon said warily.

“Well, the mbodstder uder the kitched sidk is id by dose. Sobeode could wridte a book: ‘Idside Nicgo’s Dose.’”

Rubbing his palms together, Simon suppressed a shudder. “That’s…very nice. But like I said before, I prefer we not discuss the m-word if at all possible.”

“Oh. Righdt. Waidt, which emb-word? Bmucus or mbodstder?”

:twisted::laugh: omg sooo funny to read!!

i smiled over and over when i read the update :(

i´m so amoused right now!

your story just let me forget my reality for some minutes,

i´m watching it like i was nearly standing there by my own, laughing silently

about both, wondering what simon will do next and what hilarious words would

come out of nicos mouth :twisted:

i totally like what you are doing here!

can´t wait to read moar! :laugh:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ickydog2006: Glad you think so! :laugh::D Thank you!

Quite Contrary: Okay, you can totally beat them up! I'll reserve that pleasure for you. :lol: I like Brenna a lot, too, so don't worry! And thank you! Reeeaally appreciate your comments. :cryhappy:

Sen Beret: Yay! You like it! *squeals with joy* I like Brenna a lot, too, because she's doing just what I'd want to do if I were her...though I'd probably be too afraid! She's gonna get her own story, I think. And I can't wait for Simon and Nico to get together, either, especially knowing you feel the same way! :D :D Thank you SOOOOO much!

Aprilcot: I know! I love Nico so much lol. Yep, I know it seems like he's Autistic, but I promise there's another explanation that will explain it all. And I am leaving clues hahaha, so I'm sure you'll figure this out preeeeeeeetty quick! Your mind-reading abilities will kick in soon. Yeah, they DO need to be hugged! I just love huggable characters. I would write all m/m, but that wouldn't be fair to the people who don't like it but still want to read my stories. :yay: But I'm glad you like it!! :laugh: And thank you thank you thank you!

Ciuty80: Haha, I'm glad I can make you laugh and distract you from real life! That's what writing does for me! I couldn't live without it! Thank you so much! I love your comments! :cryhappy:

sillystarsmoons: Aw, I'm glad you want to hug them lol! Thank you! :) :)

Part Four:

He stroked a finger down the woman’s tear-stained cheek, loving the soft, silken feel of the feminine skin. Soon, he would feel her blood, feel the warm life of it trickling through his fingers. He would start small, with fingers and toes, then work his way up hands and feet… He’d enjoy her screams, revel in her fear, in the power he had, in the look in her eyes that would beg him for mercy, and her life would then be held in his hands and his alone.

But he was getting old--not slow or weak, but he could admit that his mind wasn’t what it used to be. He needed the boy…his son. Needed to pass on his legacy. He’d tried before and failed, but perhaps the boy had been too young then. Perhaps now was the right time. After all, the boy shared his blood; he’d have to understand. Like father like son, his old man had always said.

But there still stood the problem of finding the boy. It wouldn’t be easy. No, not easy at all.

Smiling, he unclipped his briefcase and scanned his options, humming “Oh, Pretty Woman” happily under his breath.

As he brought cold steel to womanly flesh, he thought to himself, I’ll find you, Gabriel. I’ll find you.

Daddy’s coming.

-------

Simon may have been able to tolerate Nico’s head on his shoulder if not for the tremulous bubble of snot that kept inflating and deflating with each inhale and exhale from the snoring Nico. He simply could not abide that…thing coming anywhere near his face.

Making a sour face, he picked up the napkin he’d been given with his drink and rolled it into a the shape of a straw. He brought it to the tip of the bubble…which was apparently indestructible. Simon poked harder, the end of the napkin delving deep into the cavernous nostril. When he drew the napkin back, a string of the m-word came with it and, whimpering, Simon dropped the thing like a hot iron and whipped out his sanitizer.

“Hehhh…”

No! Simon thought dreadfully…but it was too late. As he watched, Nico’s nostrils gave one, final, twitching splay before…

HikShishhm’uh!” Nico’s head snapped down a few inches, and Simon was hit with an absolute downpour, liquid splattering across the entire left side of his face.

For a few heartbeats, Simon merely sat there, feeling the moistness trickle down his cheek, over his chin. Then he was up like a rocket, bellowing in distress, stomach flip-flopping around, skin crawling with invisible ants.

Nico’s eyes popped open--blinked rapidly as he rasped, “Sibod? Whadt’s wrodg?”

But Simon was already gone, practically jabbing people out of the way with his elbows in his haste to reach the bathroom and smother himself in the sweet balm that was soap--preferably the anti-bacterial kind.

Back in his seat, Nico frowned, wondering what had gotten into Simon. He glanced to Brenna for explanation.

“You sort of…um…sneezed on him,” she offered, wincing in sympathy for both of them.

“Oh.” His heart sank. “Thadt’s dot good. He’s godda kill be.” He wasn’t stupid. He knew Simon was germaphobic--he’d looked it up online in an attempt to better understand his boyfriend. He gave Brenna a desperate look, saying wretchedly, “He already hadtes be, Bredda! Dow he’s really godda hadte be!”

“Oh, sweetie, no,” Brenna cooed, rubbing his shoulder. “He’ll get over it. He cares about you--I can tell. If he didn’t, he’d never have let you sleep on his shoulder like that.”

Instead of making him feel better, her words sickened him still further. “I fell asleebp!?” he demanded frantically, searching her gaze.

She nodded, frowning. “Yeah…sweetie, what’s wrong? You look pale. Are you okay?”

Pleadingly, he moaned, “Tell be I did’dt do adythidg stradge! I bean…I did’dt…well…”

“No,” she soothed, putting him out of his misery. “Sweetie, you didn’t do anything weird. Just slept. A little snoring, maybe--okay, a LOT of snoring, but that’s not strange at all!” She studied him closely. “Are you sure you’re okay? Is there anything I can do for you? You want something to drink, maybe?”

“Hihh…ugh.” Nico fumbled for his tissues, slapped them into place as the waves of breath battered the inside of his chest, rising up in a great, shuddering “ug’ZxShhkt’oo” that lacerated his throat in a flood of piercing flames. Wincing, he wiped his nose, attempting to pretend the fire in his stomach hadn’t started up again in hopes that it would thusly decide to go away.

Thusly, Nico thought with vague amusement. He really needed to use that word more often.

“Bless you. That sounded like it hurt,” Brenna whispered worriedly, her red lips forming a delicate pout.

“Id did, bud I’ve had worse,” he remarked without first stopping to think. He always did that, said things before wondering whether or not they should be said. Most of the time, none of what he uttered was necessary, and he knew it; he just didn’t have anything useful to say, so he said what sprang first into his mind. He needed to learn to censor his words.

Before Brenna could respond, Simon’s unhappy presence made itself known with a stern throat-clearing. Seconds later, he’d crammed himself back into his seat, practically plastering himself against the window, obviously trying to keep as far away from Nico as possible.

Nico knew he had no right to be hurt by Simon’s aloofness. But he was, and it made the pain in his stomach all the worse.

“I’b sorry,” he said, staring at Simon’s rigid profile. “I did’dt bean dto.”

At Nico’s whispered apology, Simon felt himself softening against his will. After all, it had been more his fault than Nico’s. “It’s fine,” he said formally, trying to dissuade further talk.

Uncertainty dominated Nico’s features. .”You still seeb bad.”

Simon forced his taut muscles to loosen. “Well, I’m not.”

“Hehh…ogkay. B-but, Sibod…I have…to…hehh…sdeeze agaid…” As Nico’s breath wound up for what could only be a very wet, very messy fit, Simon pulled his shirt-collar up and over his head and flattened himself against the window, holding his breath and pinching his nose shut.

HahISSHIH!” Nico’s shoulder bumped roughly against Simon’s. “Nnt’GssTtchiuh! ItzCHiieew!” A tortured breath and then one more squirting sneeze. “HitthSHIEEW-uh!” After a pleased breath, there came a squelching blow, followed quickly by two more.

Build up a mental wall, Simon. Come on, you can do this. Nothing can touch you. You’re immune.

“My God, bless you!” Brenna chimed. “Oh, sweetie…you kind of, um…missed a spot. Here--right here…yep, you got it!”

Simon gritted his teeth. He could not possibly be jealous of Brenna telling Nico just where his excess snot had been hiding. So then why was he steaming? Why did he want to grab Nico and yank him onto his lap?

Stop it, stop it, stop it! he scolded himself. He drew in a deep breath, swallowed back his irrational jealousy.

“Ugh,” Nico groaned throatily. “By bmucus kide of hurdts. I did’dt dow thadt was eved possible.”

“Neither did I,” Brenna joined in. “Is it, like, a sharp pain or a sort of dull pain…or what?”

Simon scowled. Somehow, Nico had managed to find the one person in the world who was willing to chat about his nasal fluids. Typical.

“Doe, id sordt of burdns. Id’s defiditely dot dull.” A squeaky sniffle. “Yup. Defiditely burdns.”

“Hmm, that is strange! And what about when you sneeze? Does….”

Simon blocked out Brenna’s cheerful voice, trying to mentally will the plane to go faster so that he could get the hell away from Nico and all his goddamn mucus.

------

When the plane landed, Simon shoved both Nico and Brenna out of his way as he flat-out ran all the way into the airport, not stopping until he was inside a bathroom with his head bent over a sink and his hands smothered in soap and hot, cleansing water.

When he’d finished scrubbing his hands, he glanced up into the mirror--and yipped in surprise as Nico’s face appeared, flushed and undeniably grumpy.

“You could have tdold be where you were goidg,” he groused, knuckling his nose.

“Did I really need to?” Simon sighed, wiping his hands with a paper towel.

“Thadt’s dot the poindt.” When Simon glanced over at him with raised brows, Nico’s scowl deepened into a glower. “Stop loogkidg ad be ligke I jusdt perforbed a dew dtrigck. I’b dot stupid, you dow.”

“I--I never said you were,” Simon spluttered, wondering where this had come from. Had he been condescending and not realized it?

“You did’dt have dto say id, Sibod. I--hehihh…” Nico ripped off a square of paper towel and smothered himself with it, turning his back on Simon. “HehISHhnkt!” Those broad shoulders hunched, juddered along with the muscles in his back. “Nk’GttssChiiew!”

Simon’s hands itched to scour those sculpted shoulders, that beautiful back, the gentle curve of that strong neck. Instead, he shoved his hands into his pockets and strode from the restroom--nearly colliding with a little boy.

“Gabriel!” the boy’s mother chided, shooting Simon an apologetic look. “Watch where you’re going!”

Ignoring his mother, the boy pushed past Simon and into the bathroom just as Nico emerged, looking a little wide-eyed.

In the next instant, the little boy was back, laughing as he hopped across the floor toward his mother. He grabbed her purse and pulled, giggling.

“Gabriel, stop it!” The harried mother shrieked, slapping at her son’s chubby little hands.

Beside Simon, Nico flinched, his gaze darting to the mother as a dazed, lost expression came over him.

“Nic?” Simon murmured, putting a hand to the small of the boy’s back, feeling him tremble. “Jesus, Nic? What’s wrong? Nic?”

Nico turned to look at him, his eyes glazed, unseeing. “Huh?” he mumbled groggily, his face a pale, chalky white.

As his chest tightened with concern, Simon took Nico’s face into his hands, allowing for their gazes to clash. “Nico, listen to me. It’s Simon. Please, tell me what’s happening. You’re scaring the hell out of me.”

Nico blinked, recognition finally gracing his eyes. “Sibod?” he rasped almost hopefully.

“Yeah, Nic,” Simon said hoarsely, his thumb caressing Nico’s cheek. “You back with me now?” When Nico nodded, Simon went on, “Can you tell me what that was? What just happened? Where did you go?”

“Sdot bubble!” Nico blurted.

Simon took a step back, frowning. “What?”

“SDOT BUBBLE!” Nico practically shouted, chest heaving.

“What the hell, Nic?” Simon made ‘calm down’ motions with his hands, which Nico ignored, growing more frantic by the second as he chanted ‘snot bubble’ over and over until Simon thought his head would explode.

“STOP IT, NIC!” He bellowed as a crowd gathered to gape openly at them. He clapped a hand over Nico’s mouth and began guiding him roughly through the melee, boiling over with anger--not at Nico, but at himself. He had no idea what to do in a situation like this, and that made him feel incompetent, and feeling incompetent pissed him off.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ALL LOOKING AT?” he growled to the crowd at large, spearing them with his glare and moving closer to Nico.

As soon as they pushed out into the fresh air, Nico quieted, jerking away from Simon and wrapping his arms around himself.

“Nic?” Simon whispered worriedly.

Nico said nothing, just stared stubbornly ahead.

“Okay, well, I’m going to get our luggage. You wanna stay here?”

Nico shook his head.

“Then come on.” Simon wanted to curl an arm around Nico, because he looked so damn sad, but Nico’s posture told him physical contact would not be welcome, so he simply strode back into the airport.

As Nico followed after Simon, he cursed himself to hell. If Simon had thought him messed up before, now he probably thought he was a complete mental-case. But that was the only thing he could think to do to get Simon off his back. He couldn’t answer Simon’s questions. He wasn’t really crazy enough to shout ‘snot bubble’ over and over like some kind of--of…

ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHH! Nico screamed inside his head. Simon will really wanna get back together with you after that lovely display.

But it was too late to go back now. He’d managed to ruin everything. Again.

It’s what he did best.

------

I swear, there is a logical explanation for this.

Awww... :yay: Poor Nico! I just wanna hug him... Gah! The suspense is killing me! I wanna know what's wrong with Nico so bad!

Ahh god, this story is hilarious. The beginning part with the tissue. I found that hilariously cute :yay: And I love how much of a germaphobe Simon is, adds to the funny :D

I think I like Brenna more than I liked Lena .

Ohh and Nico's congested voice is adorable . I just wanna take him and wrap him up and hug his cold away . I don't care if that sounds creepy .

The 'sdot bubble ' thing had me laughing ridiculously at the screen . Kudos, girl .

Ohhh and I will admit that I get on the forum repeatedly at around this time just to check if you updated .

Your daily updates + M/M + like everything about your writing = LOVE

Hahh yeahh . Well, good job and keep it up ! :laugh:

:blushing: AWWWWWWWW SOOO CUTE!!!!

:unsure: but what´s wrong with nico????? :heart:

hope we will get an explanation in the next update :laugh:

please more of your awesome stuff!!! :lol:

:blushing: AWWWWWWWW SOOO CUTE!!!!

:lol: but what´s wrong with nico????? :blushing:

hope we will get an explanation in the next update :blushing:

please more of your awesome stuff!!! :zippy:

poor Nico!!!! this is really good! I hope we find out what's up w/ Nico.\thanks for writing this

Quite Contrary: Aw, I know! I'll try not to draw the suspense out for TOO long! :D:blushing:

cupkake: HAHAHAAHA! I love your comment SO MUCH. I'm so happy you think this is so funny! And I know! I :heart: Brenna. And it's not creepy at all! I wann hug his cold away, too! I wanna hug ALL his problems away! I love ridiculous laughter! Ahhh your comments MURDER me completely. Seriously. I can't express how much they mean to me! Best comments ever. Just... :blushing::lol:

obsessed: Indeed. :D Suspense? What else is new? ;) Glad you like fast updates, 'cause I love writing them. Thank you. :)

sillystarsmoons: Haha, good! Huggable characters are the best! Thank you so much! :zippy:

Ciuty80: Hehe, thank you! I know, I know! I have to draw things out. :rolleyes: But you will find out more about Nico soon! Promise! :blushing:

Zane: Thank YOU for commenting! Glad you still like it, and yes...I promise it won't be TOO long to find out Nico's deal. :D

Part Five:

SIXTEEN YEARS AGO

^*^*^

He heard the footsteps from inside his crate. Fearfully, he pressed himself to the very back of the cage, trembling.

“Pretty woman, stop awhile…”

He squished his eyes shut, knowing what was about to happen and dreading it so fiercely he could barely breathe.

“Pretty woman, talk awhile…”

The footsteps drew closer…and that’s when he heard the whimpering. The man who claimed to be his father had found his next victim.

“Pretty woman, give your smile to me…”

“Mommy,” the boy whispered as tears seared his eyes. “Please, mommy. Help me. Help me!”

“Pretty woman, yeah, yeah, yeah…”

There was a click, a tiny whine.

On the man sang, even as he removed the duct tape from the woman’s mouth and she began to scream.

Deep and brimming with pleasure. “Pretty woman, look my way…”

Shrill and feminine and drenched in fear. “SOMEBODY, PLEASE HELP ME!”

“Pretty woman, say you’ll stay with me…”

“NO! STOP! PLEASE!”

“Pretty woman, don’t make me cry…”

------

PRESENT DAY

^*^*^

Once they’d retrieved their luggage, Simon and Nico went outside to catch a cab to take them to Tasha’s. Simon was aware that Nico hated taking cabs, but he’d have to suck it up, because it was pretty much their only option, as Tash hadn’t bothered offering them a ride.

After waiting in a very short line, they were directed to one of the cabs, and Simon headed toward it. He handed the driver his duffel with a muttered “thanks” and made to get in the front seat as to avoid Nico. He was halfway seated when he heard the scream, and suddenly hands were on him, yanking him out of the cab and out onto his ass.

“DOE! DOE! DOE! DOE! DOE!” Nico was screaming, dragging Simon away by the collar as he gasped and sobbed and choked. “DOE! DOE! DOE! YOU CAD’T! DOE! DOE! DOE! DOE! DOE! DOE! DOOOOOE!”

Simon managed to pull himself free as Nico tripped over the curb and went down onto his ass; weeping hysterically, he clutched his knees and rocked back and forth, his face a ghastly yellow-white hue. He balled his hands into fists and began smashing them into the sides of his head, wailing.

“Oh…Jesus,” Simon whispered, crouching in front of Nico and cautiously extending a hand out to him.

Nico’s wild, frightened eyes landed on him accusingly. He cried, “Dod’t bake be go! Please, Sibod! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!”

“God, Nic! You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to! We won’t take the cab, okay?” Simon moved closer, hesitantly drew Nico into his arms.

Nico responded immediately, latching onto Simon, burying his face in Simon’s chest as he wept and hiccupped and wept some more.

“Shh, sweetheart,” Simon soothed, cupping the back of Nico’s head, rubbing his back. “You’re fine. I’m right here. I promise you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to.”

When he’d cried himself out, Nico went limp in Simon’s embrace, completely depleted. Simon continued to stroke his back as Nico sniffled and hiccupped in turn, his germaphobia forgotten for the moment.

After a few minutes, Simon whispered, “I’m gonna call Tash to see if she can pick us up. Is that okay?”

Nico nodded weakly, then gave a sudden shiver. “S-Sibod…I…hafda…sdeeze--hih!”

Simon, with great effort, managed not to crawl out of his own skin. Instead, he said, “It’s fine. Just try to aim it away from me, okay?”

“Ahh…ogkay…hehh…” Nico lifted his head as though it weighed as much as three moons, and turned his face completely away from Simon, his chapped nostrils fluttering inelegantly as his lower lip wobbled. “Ut’Sssieeuw! IshhIueew! Huh…huh’HakTsschhoo!” Snuffling tiredly, he snuggled up against Simon again, his head nestling onto Simon’s shoulder.

Simon, who’d been holding his breath during the whole exchange, sighed in defeat. He’d play nice with Nico for ONE night, but after that…he was done.

Then it dawned on him. Nico was a compulsive liar. What if this whole…thing…had been some sort of act, a way to get Simon to forgive him for being an ass all those months they’d been together? And just like that he had Nico out of his arms and sitting alone on the curb, peering up at him with eyes that appeared confused, hurt, even--but Simon couldn’t trust that.

All those months. All those excuses. The blatant lies. Simon couldn’t get dragged back into that black hole. He wouldn’t.

“Nico? Is that you?” Brenna’s voice asked, her footsteps pattering up behind them. “Hey, sweetie--oh!” She gasped as she caught sight of Nico’s tear-glazed cheeks. Kneeling beside him she threw her arms around him, exclaiming, “Sweetie, what’s wrong!? Are you okay? Why are you crying?”

He sagged into her embrace, releasing a gusty sigh. “Dothidg. I’b ogkay dow. By stobach kida hurdts, though.”

Cooing to Nico, Brenna directed a questioning glance at Simon, who merely shrugged, at a loss.

“I dow you’re loogkidg ad Sibod for ad expladatiod,” Nico grumped. “I’b dot a baby ad I cad talgk for byself.”

Brenna winced. “I’m sorry, Nico. You’re right. But I wasn’t looking for an explanation about you. I just wanted to know why Simon kept shooting you dirty looks while you sat there looking utterly neglected. You clearly needed a cuddle, and I was willing to give one to you.”

“Oh,” Nico said as Simon rolled his eyes. “I’b sorry. I’b not really id a good bood righdt dow. I…hihh…” He plucked a tissue from his pocket, blanketing his nose and mouth as he angled his body away from Brenna’s, though their shoulders were still brushing. “Ng’Gtsschahh! Hehh…”

“Bless you,” she offered sincerely, gently massaging his shoulder.

HttCHshheew!” He didn’t bother to blow this time, just tiredly returned the tissue to his pocket as Simon tamed down a grimace.

“Do you guys need a ride somewhere?” Brenna asked Nico. “My boyfriend’s coming to pick me up and I’m sure he wouldn’t mind dropping you off wherever, if you want.”

“The bood?” Nico inquired.

“Your friend’s getting married on the moon? That’s awesome! She must be really rich, huh!?” Brenna teased, bumping her shoulder against Nico’s.

Lips tweaking up, Nico nodded. “Yup. Does your boyfriedn by ady chadce have a rogcketship? Tash was supposed to sed ode, budt she forgodt.”

Simon stared at the two of them in wonder for a seconds, processing what exactly he was witnessing. Nico wasn’t serious…he was being…sarcastic? But did that mean all those times…? Had he been making fun of Simon the whole time, knowing Simon would take him seriously? Nico had always said all those things with a completely straight, even severe expression…had that been part of the act, too? Nico was an excellent liar.

Feeling like the biggest buffoon in the history of the world, Simon bore holes into the side of Nico’s head with his laser-beam gaze.

Nico slid him a sly, smug look, arching one dark brow in a show of challenge as he continued to chat with Brenna.

Angry, hurt, Simon turned away. Just how much of Nico had been a joke? Did he really have any idea who the real Nico was? Would he ever? Did he even want to? Probably not, he decided as Nico coughed into a fist and sent Simon yet another smug glance. So all those times he’d claimed to have ‘forgotten’ something Simon had told him had been more lies. Simon felt sick.

“But seriously,” Brenna was saying. “Do you need a ride?”

“Thadt would be good, Bredda,” was Nico’s response. “HugNishh’ooo! Ugh, I thidk I deed bore tdissues. The bmucus has retdurd with bagckup.”

“Cool!” Brenna grinned. “Keane’s really nice. I mean, I’ve known him practically my whole life, and we’ve been best friends since we were little, but then he had to go off to college and leave me back at home to finish my senior year of high school.” Briefly, she pouted. “But it’s okay, because I’ve already been accepted to BU and so next year I’ll be able to see him as often as I want.”

Nico was listening with half an ear, most of his attention on Simon’s rigid back. He was clearly pissed. At Nico. Again. What else was new? It wasn’t entirely his fault that Simon had taken him for an idiot. He knew most people smiled or laughed when they made jokes, but for him…smiling wasn’t habitual; it was a conscious effort that took quite a bit of strength on his part to maintain.

Brenna smoothed circles over his back, murmuring, “You okay, sweetie?”

“Huh? Oh, yup. Just sigck.”

“Aww, I know. Poor baby,” she crooned, smooshing him in a tight hug. “We can stop at a drug store if you want and pick up tissues and whatever else you might need.”

He nodded. “Ogkay. I’b godda buy all the tdissues they have. Baybe we should stop ad bore thad ode store jusdt id case I deed even bore.”

Brenna laughed. “Good idea. We wouldn’t want you running out of tissues with all that mucus going on in there.” She tapped his nose.

You. Will. Not. Be. Jealous. Simon instructed himself. You are mad at Nico. He is a liar. He made a fool out of you and tried to give you his Cold of Death.

None of that mattered. He still wanted Nico all to himself. But that didn’t matter either. Nico was off limits from now on. Nico was the plague, and if Simon wanted to get out of this ordeal alive, he’d have to stay far, far away from him.

------

"Cold of Death".....lol :blushing: I seriously love all of your stories because your writing is EPIC, but I think this is my favorite. So intriguing! Love, love, love for Nico... This just gets better and better all the time! After reading every update, I immediatly want another :blushing: I am addicted to this story.

Lovinggg this... It's... a little dark, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Also, Brenna and I are practically neighbors! Like, seven stops away on the green line >:D

I agree, this is getting darker than I expected, but I'm glad there's something mysterious going on. I absolutely love your sneeze spellings and descriptions.

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIMON NEEDS TO HAVE AN AMAZINGLY LONG CHAT WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT HIM TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NICO WANTS HIM TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ALL WANT HIM TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS SOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY DO NEED TO BE HUGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPECIALLY NICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO GLAD HE'S GO ONE HUG FROM SIMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That, 'ONE Night,' will soon turn into another, Simon!

POOR BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED MORE OF THIS FANTASTIC COUPLE WHO OBVIOUSLY NEED EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted::twisted::twisted::innocent::D:drool:

“God, Nic! You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to! We won’t take the cab, okay?” Simon moved closer, hesitantly drew Nico into his arms.

Nico responded immediately, latching onto Simon, burying his face in Simon’s chest as he wept and hiccupped and wept some more.

“Shh, sweetheart,” Simon soothed, cupping the back of Nico’s head, rubbing his back. “You’re fine. I’m right here. I promise you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to.”

When he’d cried himself out, Nico went limp in Simon’s embrace, completely depleted. Simon continued to stroke his back as Nico sniffled and hiccupped in turn, his germaphobia forgotten for the moment.

After a few minutes, Simon whispered, “I’m gonna call Tash to see if she can pick us up. Is that okay?”

Nico nodded weakly, then gave a sudden shiver. “S-Sibod…I…hafda…sdeeze--hih!”

Simon, with great effort, managed not to crawl out of his own skin. Instead, he said, “It’s fine. Just try to aim it away from me, okay?”

“Ahh…ogkay…hehh…” Nico lifted his head as though it weighed as much as three moons, and turned his face completely away from Simon, his chapped nostrils fluttering inelegantly as his lower lip wobbled. “Ut’Sssieeuw! IshhIueew! Huh…huh’HakTsschhoo!” Snuffling tiredly, he snuggled up against Simon again, his head nestling onto Simon’s shoulder.

:laugh: ohhh soooo adorable, crying nico and holding simon

they would be a very good couple :drool:

wonderful update!!! :twisted:

please more!!!

AWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIMON NEEDS TO HAVE AN AMAZINGLY LONG CHAT WITH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WANT HIM TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NICO WANTS HIM TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ALL WANT HIM TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS SOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY DO NEED TO BE HUGGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESPECIALLY NICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SO GLAD HE'S GO ONE HUG FROM SIMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That, 'ONE Night,' will soon turn into another, Simon!

POOR BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I NEED MORE OF THIS FANTASTIC COUPLE WHO OBVIOUSLY NEED EACH OTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted::twisted::twisted::drool::twisted::laugh:

I agree completley! thanks so much for this!

Hee, I just read the first couple of parts so far but I'm loving this story! I like the description of the sneezes (and yummy pre-sneeziness) and poor, congested miserable Nico. I like your characters, too:)

Quite Contrary: Aww, thank you so, so, so much! :cryhappy: And you know I love your writing, too. And I have lots of love for Nico, too lol. But seriously, you're so sweet and your comment kills me in the best way possible! :lol:

SomethingClever: Yay, thank you! I know, it is pretty dark, but I'm trying to sprinkle the humor in so lighten it up a little! Don't want it be TOO dark hehe. Haha, well, say hi to Brenna for me...Okay, worst joke EVER. ;) Sorry.

sillystarsmoons: Thank you! I love to hear that. :lmfao:

AnonyMouse: Thank you. :rofl: It's a bit darker than I expected as well, lol. I won't make it TOO dark, though. It's mostly gonna be lots of hugs and love and all that haha.

Aprilcot: I know, really! Simon and Nico need to open up to each other, because Simon's right...Nico really is a liar haha. Well, Nico will get all the hugs he deserves! I bet you know that much already hehe. And you're SO RIGHT; that "one night" is gonna turn into more lol. Oh, Simon. :angelsad::drool: THANK YOU! And I look forward to your future awesome comments. :heart::laugh:

Ciuty80: Glad you think so! I love hugging/cuddling scene lol. My favorite. And I love your comment, as always! :inlove:

Zane: Thank YOU for commenting! I love/appreciate it so much!

27jaredjensen: Thank you! I really appreciate it! And I'm glad you like my characters, 'cause they're my babies. :cryhappy::lol:

Love all you amazing people!

Part Six:

ONE MONTH AGO

^*^*^

Nico sat down on the edge of his bed. His dorm room was a closet and it reminded him of things he didn’t want to be reminded of. He hadn’t wanted to go to college at all, really, but his friend had insisted, poked and prodded at him until he’d agreed. They were disgustingly inseparable. Any time she was out of his sight, he worried for her. He ended up texting her every time she went to class just to make sure she was still all right.

But now he was expected to go to Tasha’s wedding…without her?

“Hey, sweetie. You okay?” And there she was, coming in through the door to sit beside him and curl her arms around him.

“I have to go to Boston,” he whispered, feeling pathetic.

“Oh. Well, then, I’ll just have to come with you. What is this lovely excursion going to entail?”

“A wedding. Tasha’s getting married.”

“Ah, Tasha. The friend from high school. Well, that should be fun. I love weddings! Plus, I’ll take any excuse to go see Keane.”

Relief washed over him and he gave a tiny smile to her. “Thanks, Brenna.”

“Any time, sweetie.”

“Tash told me Simon’s flight and seat number,” he said wistfully. “Think we should?”

She grinned. “Absolutely.”

------

PRESENT DAY

^*^*^

Sitting next to Nico in the back of Brenna’s boyfriend’s car, Simon brooded without shame. He felt stupid, tricked…used. And Nico’s constant sniffling and coughing was not helping to ease his black mood. On top of that, Nico had been inching progressively closer him since the drive had begun. Now, he was mere centimeters away and moving closer.

Nico’s breath caught, wavered. As his left hand came down on Simon’s thigh, his head snapped to the side. “ut’Nttschoo! Huh…huh’NgtChhuh!” A forceful spritz of clear fluid partnered each powerful sneeze.

“Bless you!” Brenna cheeped from up front. “Hey, Keane, can you stop at C.V.S.?”

“Sure, Bren,” he agreed. Keane, Simon thought, was the whole package: handsome, polite, honest, agreeable, intelligent…so why was it that Simon didn’t find him remotely attractive?

“HahITSCHh! Ghhuhh…ow.” Nico put a hand to his abdomen, wincing.

Do not ask if he’s okay. Do. Not. Do. It. “Are you okay?” Simon asked, hating himself.

Nico’s gaze scoured him. “By stobach hurdts really bad.”

Simon didn’t allow his concern to show in his voice. “How bad?”

Nico blinked at him. “Really bad, Sibod.”

“Well, we can get something for that, I’m sure.” With effort, he resisted putting his hand to Nico’s stomach.

Brenna flipped radio stations suddenly, and from the speakers floated: “Come with me, baby. Be mine tonight…”

Nico gasped, and his grip on Simon’s thigh doubled in pressure as that look of paralyzed terror came over his face again, sapping it of color.

“Pretty woman, don’t walk on by…”

Nico’s mouth opened, and a hoarse rasp emerged. A film of sweat iced his entire face and neck. “Doe,” he croaked brokenly. “Doe…” He crawled to the opposite corner of the seat and folded into a tight ball, shaking.

“Pretty woman, don’t make me cry…”

“DOE! SHUDT UP! SHUDTUPSHUDTUPSHUDTUP!!!” Nico howled, grabbing large clumps of his hair and pulling, slamming his head against the inside of the car door. “STDOP ID! STDOP, STOPD, STDOP! DOE!”

“Pretty woman--” The song cut off abruptly as Brenna stabbed the stereo off, turning in her seat to get a good look at Nico, concern furrowing her brow. “Nico, sweetie, I‘m so sorry! Keane, pull over!”

As Keane did so, Simon approached Nico with caution, not wanting to spook him. If not for the trembling, for the layer of sweat and the pale, sickly white skin, Simon would have thought Nico was playing another joke. But no one, not even Nico, was that good an actor.

“Nic? Nic? It’s Simon. I’m gonna touch you, okay? Don’t be afraid. I just want…I just want to help.” He traced his fingertips along Nico’s spine, causing the boy to flinch violently, a whimper catching in his throat. “Shh, Nic. Please, come back to me. I’m here. You’re here. It’ll be okay.”

Brenna exchanged a worried look with her boyfriend, then with Simon. “Has this happened before?” she whispered, and Simon gave a half-shrug.

“Sort of, but…it’s never been this bad before.” He turned his focus back to Nico, trying to come up with a way to reach him, to bring him back. Gently, he pressed his forehead to Nico’s back, kissed the fabric of his shirt. “You’re safe, Nic. Everything’s fine. You’re fine. I’m fine. Brenna’s here, too, and she’s fine. Right, Brenna?”

“Yeah! Yeah, sweetie, we’re all okay!” Brenna lulled.

“Should I call someone?” Keane asked. “An ambulance, maybe?”

Simon considered. “No, I don’t think so. But thanks.” Slowly, gradually, he snaked his arms around Nico’s waist, felt Nico’s chest expand with a ragged breath.

nntzGSHH!” A shudder jolted through Nico’s frame, and he grunted. “Ugh…Sibod? Sibod, where are you?”

“I’m here!” Simon blurted, curling himself around Nico. “I’m right here, Nic. I’ve got you.”

“I did id agaid, did’dt I?” came Nico’s remorseful whisper. “I did’dt bean dto, Sibod. I swear, I did’dt! I’b sorry!”

“Shh, it’s okay, Nic,” Simon murmured through his constricted throat. “There’s nothing to be sorry for. Just relax, okay? Will you let me hold you for a while?”

When Nico’s face appeared, he looked as if Simon had just granted him his greatest wish. “Will you? I bean…you dod’t have dto. I dow I’b sigck ad gross ad everythidg.”

“Oh, Jesus, Nic. Come here right now.” Determinedly, he tugged Nico all the way onto his lap, Nico’s arms coming to slither around Simon’s waist. He dipped his chin down to the top of Nico’s head, murmuring, “There you go. That better?”

“Buch,” Nico yawned, cheek resting on Simon’s chest.

“I agree,” Brenna said, and received a dry look from both Simon and Keane.

“Maybe we should mind our own business, Bren,” Keane suggested mildly.

Rolling her eyes, she relented. “Fine. But you’re such a downer.”

“How does that make me a downer?” he scoffed.

“I don’t know how. It just does,” Brenna chirped, batting her lashes at him.

Nico shifted. “Ubb, Sibod…I…I’b godda…Heh…Hih! Hihhh…”

Clenching his teeth, Simon lifted his head. “Okay, just…same as before. Aim away from me, please.”

“Gkay…” Nico ducked his head over his left shoulder, mouth hanging open, glossy eyes narrowing. “Ih’Nnk’tzchoo! NxgCHH! Chhxngshh! Mbb, this is jusdt dot by dighdt.”

Simon agreed. It hadn’t been much of a night for him, either.

In the front seat, Brenna closed her eyes, her stomach roiling. When she’d heard that song, it was like she’d been paralyzed. She couldn’t have changed the station even if she’d wanted to! Her hands had frozen and her mind had gone blank. If it hadn’t been for Keane, she‘d have simply sat there, unmoving. He could have turned the damn song off himself, but he hadn’t because he’d known she had to be the one to do it. So she had…and it had been the hardest thing she’d ever done to then pretend like she had no idea what had just occurred when it was taking quite a bit of effort not to throw up.

She wanted to crawl into the back seat and hug Nico for all he was worth, but that would seem strange--and, besides, he had Simon.

Keane’s hand landed on her knee, and she laced their fingers together, the band around her chest loosening.

Simon quirked his brows as Nico smooshed his face into Simon’s chest and began wiggling it back and forth. “What are you doing?” he asked quizzically.

“By dose itdches,” was his muffled response. “Budt I dod’t wadt dto sdeeze agaid, cause I wadt to stday righdt here.”

Simon exhaled slowly so as not to wince. “Nic…you don’t have to go anywhere. Just stay right here.”

“Budt…”

“What?”

“Dothidg. Deverbide.” He slid a hand up to his nose, pinched it shut. HhNxxt-uh!”

His body shook almost imperceptibly.

“Nicholas,” Simon said slowly, drawing out each syllable. “You did NOT just do what I think you did.”

“I did’dt do adythidg,” Nico replied innocently.

“No?” Simon grated.

“Doe. I…hiccupped.”

“Oh really?” Simon was amused despite himself.

Nico peeked up at him, the picture of innocence. “Yup.” Then a sheen descended over his eyes and his brow puckered as his nostrils flared. “Ubb…dabd…hhuhh…”

Simon gripped the top of Nico’s head and turned it around, rolling his eyes. There was absolutely no way he wasn’t going to acquire Nico’s germs. He supposed if he had to soak up anyone’s germs, it might as well be Nico’s.

“Hb’NCHHuh! Huh…Hah’CHH!”

As not to see the liquid spray frizzing the air, Simon closed his eyes. His plan was spoiled by the syrupy squelching noise that accompanied each sneeze.

“I did’dt sdeeze,” Nico said breathily, snuggling up to Simon again.

“No, you didn’t,” Simon allowed. If he couldn’t prevent the actual sneezes, he could damn well pretend he could.

God save me from Nico. He will be the death of me.

-------

Tomorrow. :heart:

I love love love this. Normally when fics veer off into dark territory, I stop reading, but you've got me hooked. The way Simon can't help wanting to take care of Nico, even though he's disgusted by germs, is totally adorable. And the double meaning in that "He will be the death of me" line is excellent. I want to hug them both and see them get back together, but not before Simon catches Nico's cold... ;)

More please!

Oh. My. God. :lmfao: THEY ARE SO CUTE!!!!!! :drool: Seriously?? I want them. Forever. Character theft. ;) I suggest you guard them well. I can't wait to read more! And yay, Simon is finally cuddling Nico! Nico needs cuddles. Oh yeah, and..."His dorm room was a closet" LOL! Fact. I know it wasn't during a really funny moment, but...it was still funny. Cuz it's true. :angelsad:

-fangirl squeal-

OHMYGOODGODTHATWASAMAZINGLYADORABLEICAN'TSTOPSPAZZINGILOVEYOU.

And since I don't get how quoting works on this thing, Nico's "hiccup" made me sqeeeee beyond belief. Of course, I'm already not very composed, but you, sir, you have made me unable to contain myself. Excuse me as I turn into a puddle of liquid...

.............................. I think you killed me........ :dead::heart: I seriously love this story! It's addicting! thanks soooooooooo much for writing it! they make such a cute couple! that was so cute when Simon was like " You did not just do what I think you did" haha and Nico's reply was so cute! :boom::wub: and the sneezes were :laugh::blushing::laugh::drool: haha thanks again.

YesyesyesyesyesyesYES. The way Simon is warming back up to Nico and holding him is just ashsdfjkhklfa ohh, I love it! When he was holding him and everything. Ahh! Oh, and Brenna! She's definitely my favorite. I mean, like, ever. And I love her and Keane together! Like, a lot. I'm so so excited to read more! Yes yes yes!

sillystarsmoons

Scion ahhhh this is just amazing! I loved that chapter just everything about it made perfect. I can't wait to read the next chapter.

Archived