Sneeze Fetish Forum

Bitter Tears - Complete (11 Parts)

Scion

nntzGSHH!” A shudder jolted through Nico’s frame, and he grunted. “Ugh…Sibod? Sibod, where are you?”

“I’m here!” Simon blurted, curling himself around Nico. “I’m right here, Nic. I’ve got you.”

“I did id agaid, did’dt I?” came Nico’s remorseful whisper. “I did’dt bean dto, Sibod. I swear, I did’dt! I’b sorry!”

“Shh, it’s okay, Nic,” Simon murmured through his constricted throat. “There’s nothing to be sorry for. Just relax, okay? Will you let me hold you for a while?”

When Nico’s face appeared, he looked as if Simon had just granted him his greatest wish. “Will you? I bean…you dod’t have dto. I dow I’b sigck ad gross ad everythidg.”

“Oh, Jesus, Nic. Come here right now.” Determinedly, he tugged Nico all the way onto his lap, Nico’s arms coming to slither around Simon’s waist. He dipped his chin down to the top of Nico’s head, murmuring, “There you go. That better?”

“Buch,” Nico yawned, cheek resting on Simon’s chest.

Nico shifted. “Ubb, Sibod…I…I’b godda…Heh…Hih! Hihhh…”

Clenching his teeth, Simon lifted his head. “Okay, just…same as before. Aim away from me, please.”

“Gkay…” Nico ducked his head over his left shoulder, mouth hanging open, glossy eyes narrowing. “Ih’Nnk’tzchoo! NxgCHH! Chhxngshh! Mbb, this is jusdt dot by dighdt.”

Simon agreed. It hadn’t been much of a night for him, either.

Nico peeked up at him, the picture of innocence. “Yup.” Then a sheen descended over his eyes and his brow puckered as his nostrils flared. “Ubb…dabd…hhuhh…”

Simon gripped the top of Nico’s head and turned it around, rolling his eyes. There was absolutely no way he wasn’t going to acquire Nico’s germs. He supposed if he had to soak up anyone’s germs, it might as well be Nico’s.

“Hb’NCHHuh! Huh…Hah’CHH!”

As not to see the liquid spray frizzing the air, Simon closed his eyes. His plan was spoiled by the syrupy squelching noise that accompanied each sneeze.

“I did’dt sdeeze,” Nico said breathily, snuggling up to Simon again.

“No, you didn’t,” Simon allowed. If he couldn’t prevent the actual sneezes, he could damn well pretend he could.

God save me from Nico. He will be the death of me.

:cryhappy: i MELTED from so much cuddling and helping!!!

simon is such a good boy although he hates nicos germ attacks :laugh:

i love simon for to be so kind and nice when nico needs it the most! :omg:

*hugging nico carefully* :blushing: he is sooooo loveable!!!

please more Scion even MORE!!!

thank you for the every day updates and the happiness which fills my heart, when i´m able to read more of you!! :lol:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could have sworn I posted a reply last night...guess I didn't. Did I ever mention that your vision of Simon is like really hot? In my head, I, of course, totally forgot how your version looked like so I was thinking the whole time that Simon should have a habit of fidgeting with his glasses and be extremely OCD about keeping off every single speck of dust on it. But of course, I get to page 1, see the extremely gorgeous Simon and realize that he hasn't any glasses to fidget with. LOL Basically my opinion of Simon's visuals after considering the hot individual on page 1: blond, black square glasses that he hates wearing but has to wear anyway because he's too germaphobic to get contacts, impeccably white teeth because he does everything his dentist tells him to. I'd also imagine that he hates going to the dentist because he's a germaphobe and all and he wouldn't want a creepy old dude probing his mouth with a metal thing that's been everywhere. He's also awkwardly tall so he doesn't know what to do with his height but he's on the lean side too because he was always afraid of playing team sports. (who knows where that basketball's been eh?) Heh, I'm a very big fan of Simon. :)

coffeepot: Wow, thank you so much. That's totally flattering, and I LOVELOVELOVE to know which aspects of the story you like best, so your comment was like drinking a white choclate mocha from Starbucks...in other words, the best thing EVER. And don't worry, I'm sure Simon will be getting the sniffles sometime soon. I can't let him get out of this unscathed muahaha!

Quite Contrary: Do you have ANY idea how happy your comment made me? Seriously, it was the best thing that happened to me all month. I love them, too, and I'm so glad you do as well! Thank you! Haha "Nico needs cuddles." SO SO true! :heart: And oh yesyesyes. My first dorm room...was actually SMALLER than my closet at home. Literally. I don't miss it, mostly because the building was old and had plumbing problems and the halls used to flood with...well, you don't need to know that, sorry lol.

Emily: You did comment, but it was on the last page I think. HOWEVER, being greedy, I'm soaking up both comments with glee. I would continue writing these stories my whole life JUST to read your comments. And you "my" Simon is hot haha. I do have a stash of pictures of hot guys on my computers, so... :) :) I like your glasses idea. I kinda picture him with glasses as well, mostly because his name is Simon lol. I'll have to bring up the glasses at some point. Hahahahahaa, the way you imagine Simon is just GREAT. Loooove it. Awkwardly tall? Yep. Yep. :laugh: I can't believe you've thought about him so much lol. I love you. We definitely need to have an affair.

Zane: Ha! Yay, I killed you! :lol: You...make...me...the...happiest...girl...ever! THANK YOU! All the time spent writing these stories is so worth it with comments like these. Hehe, the "hiccup" scene was my favorite part. :blushing::laugh:

Sen Beret: Haha, we really do like the same things lol. And wooooow I'm glad you like Brenna so much! I'm probably going to write her story next. Don't have any ideas yet...but...I will. :D Thank you thank you thank you and add about fifty more to that.

sillystarsmoons: Thank you!!!!!!! I really liked that last update, too lol. :) Really appreciate your comment. :cryhappy:

Ciuty80: Yep. Cuddling/helping/holding...love it all, and it's the most fun to write. :D I know! I like Simon all the better for being nice even when he's grossed out. :lol: But awwwww you're so sweet. Every time I see that you've commented it makes my day brighter. :wub:

Thank you for all the love, guys! You amaze me. I was feeling...kind of stupid today...heh-heh...so I hope this isn't too crappy.

Part Seven:

TEN YEARS AGO

^*^*^

He awoke to the sight of the monster’s big, handsome, disgustingly ugly face. It seemed larger than life, and it made him want to scream, but he couldn’t. His throat was too raw for that. All he could do was make a soft croaking sound.

The man’s mouth wrinkled up into a leering grin. “I’ve got a present for you, Gabriel, my big boy.”

He backed into the far corner of the crate, trembling, sick to his stomach, and terribly, terribly afraid.

The monster opened the door to the crate and swung it open. “Come on out, Gabriel. You’ll want to see this. She’s a pretty little thing. And just for you.”

Without leaving the false safety of his crate, he peered out into the open, not wanting to see and yet needing to see.

Big, blue eyes stared back into his, wide with a terror and confusion that matched his own. Raven black hair framed a heart-shaped face with bow-lips.

With a sudden jolt of paralyzing dread, he realized just what the monster had planned.

He wanted to turn Gabriel into a monster, too.

------

PRESENT DAY

^*^*^

When they pulled up to Tasha and Remi’s condo, Simon sighed. Nico was asleep on his lap, snoring heartily, but--strangely--he didn’t feel like moving. He liked the sensation of Nico’s warm body tucked up against his, all nice and safe.

“Sibod?” Nico yawned without lifting his head. “Are we there yedt?”

“Yeah, Nic,” Simon breathed, combing his fingers through Nico’s loose waves. “You awake?”

“Ughh, tdell be I did’dt fall asleep agaid!” Nico groaned plaintively.

“Lying’s your specialty, Nico. Not mine,” Simon quipped.

Nico’s puppy eyes made their reappearance. “Are you bad ad be?” he asked in a small, sad voice.

Oh, God. That was BEYOND unfair. “Nico, you know very well that I cannot possibly be mad at you while you’re making that face.”

Nico’s shadowed eyes cleared immediately, but he didn’t smile, and Simon was suddenly struck by the strong desire to see Nico smile--a full-out, brilliant smile of happiness. Once again, he was being ridiculous.

Extracting Nico from his lap, he hurriedly retrieved his duffel from the back and made for the condo’s front door without a second glance.

Nico stared after him, heart sinking. Simon only ever seemed to like him when Nico was either distressed or in pain--so he supposed it was a good thing his stomach felt like it was on fire and his head was pounding.

“He’ll come around, sweetie,” Brenna said, coming up beside him.

Nico wasn’t so sure, but he nodded anyway, a tingling sensation working its way down to the tip of his nose. He wished he could stop sneezing so that Simon would be less disgusted by him. Disgust didn’t exactly promote feelings of ‘hey, let’s get back together.’

Opening one of the tissue packets they’d picked up from C.V.S., Nico buried his nose in the softness. “AhNuxshuu! Huh…heh’dtTSCH’ish!”

“Bless you,” Brenna said. “Now can I please have a hug while Simon is otherwise occupied?”

Nico grabbed her in a bear-hug, murmuring, “Are you godda keep your cell phode with you?”

“Of course, silly boy.” She drew back, pulled his head down, and kissed each of his cheeks. “I love you, Nico.”

“Love you, dtoo, Bredda.”

“What about me?” Keane grumped, putting on a look of pretend-hurt. “Don’t I get any love?”

Chuckling, Brenna threw herself at her boyfriend, her arms going around his neck, her legs around his waist. “I missed you,” she said before kissing him.

With a miniscule smile, Nico collected his duffel and started for the house.

“Whoa, hold on a second, Nico,” Keane called, releasing Brenna to give Nico a quick back-slapping man-hug. “I love you more than she does,” he whispered conspiratorially.

“Oh, I dow,” Nico said seriously. “You’re a love machide, Keade.”

Keane flashed a grin, then sobered, clasping Nico’s shoulder. “I mean it, man. I do love you. And not just because you saved Brenna’s life.”

Nico tried to return the smile, but wasn’t sure he succeeded. “I dow thadt, dtoo.”

“Good.” Keane slapped him on the back once. “Then good luck.” He cast a meaningful glance at the door Simon had disappeared through.

“Oh, Keane, he doesn’t need luck!” Brenna exclaimed.

“Bren?”

“Yeah?”

“Shut up.”

She laughed and punched him lightly in the side. “Remind me why we’re dating, please. I deserve much better.”

As the two continued to drool over each other, Nico slunk after Simon, wishing he were back in the boy’s lap. Cuddled up to Simon, he’d felt okay--better than okay, but now the sharp stabbing in his belly was back and he felt cold and alone and pathetically afraid.

Inside the condo, he found Simon and Tasha sitting at the kitchen table, chatting away. Remi was nowhere in sight.

“Hey!” Tasha rushed to him, arms open. They hugged, and Nico could feel her vibrating with happiness. “You look so handsome, mister!” She pinched his cheeks while Simon groaned and put his head in his hands.

“I’b sigck,” was Nico’s response. Emphasizing his point with a gurgling sniff, he dug a tissue from the C.V.S. bag and blew his nose, which resulted in a rather abrupt attack of sneezes. “Uh’TZSHHooo! ISHieew! ISHU! Heh…hah’xxstChew!”

Simon’s hand went automatically to his pocket, feeling the comforting coolness of his sanitizer. He wouldn’t use it now…but it helped to know it was there.

“Bless you,“ Tasha said to Nico. “Oh, hun, I’m sorry you’re not feeling well. Here, come sit and I’ll make you some tea.” She ushered him into the chair beside Simon and he sat.

“You should wash your hands,” Simon stated coolly. “I’ve already washed mine twice.”

Nico put a hand to his stomach, screwed his eyes tightly shut. He’d forgotten to get something for the pain, but now that Simon was back to being Mr. Cool and Aloof…it was hard to focus on anything but his own doubts and fears.

Simon saw Nico make a pained face and clutch his stomach; guilt came up to slap him in the face, but he pushed it back down. He watched as his own hand made its way to Nico’s belly, wondering if his hand had somehow grown a mind of its own.

Nico peered up at him almost shyly. He inched his chair closer to Simon’s--then closer, closer, closer, until they were touching. His palm crept up onto Simon’s thigh. Simon kept one hand on Nico’s stomach, the other coming down to cover Nico’s.

“Here you go, hun.” Tasha plopped a mug down before Nico.

Simon elbowed him, jerking his head toward his sister. Nico appeared puzzled, then his gaze cleared and he nodded.

“Thadgs, Tdash.”

“No problem.” She sat down across from him, beaming from ear to ear. “So, how was your flight?”

“It was okay,” Simon replied, gaze fixed on the large, unidentified stain that marred the wood of the table. “Where’s Remi?”

“Sleeping.” Tasha’s smile dimmed slightly. “He’s exhausted. He’s a full-time student, now, and he’s working a part-time job. Luckily his boss is an actual human being, so his hours are pretty flexible.”

Nico leaned away from Simon, hunching over his knees and sneezing without removing his hand from Simon’s thigh. “Huh’Etthhsh’nuh!”

“Bless you,” Tasha offered sympathetically as Simon fished out his trusty bottle of hand sanitizer and put it to good use. “Now who wants dinner?”

-------

“You’re kidding, right?” Simon asked, gaping down at the pull-out sofa. “What happened to the guest room?”

Tasha put her hands on her hips. “Shane and Cade are in the guest room. All that’s left is the couch or the floor. It’s your pick. I’m off to see my fiancé.” That said, she promptly quit the room, leaving Simon and Nico both staring down at the small bed that unfurled from the sofa.

“I’m gonna go get changed,” Simon announced, wanting to put off the inevitable for as long as possible. He took a long, soapy shower--then got out of the shower and washed his hands. Twice.

When he came back out in his cotton pajamas, Nico was curled under the covers, his coppery eyes tracking Simon’s every move.

“Try not to sneeze on me.” Simon climbed into the bed, moving as far away from Nico as possible. His feet dangled off the edge of the mattress.

The bed squeaked as Nico began slowly wriggling closer to Simon. After about five minutes, there was only an inch of space between them. Simon didn’t move, just lay there stiff as a statue. Nico erased the remaining distance, his front pressing up against Simon’s back. Nico wasn’t wearing a shirt. Simon imagined that he was naked except for his boxers, and tried not to care.

“Huh…Hd’kchh!” Nico’s frame shuddered, tensed, then: “Ubb…higk-up?”

“Is that a question?” Simon asked drolly.

“Doe.”

“Another hiccup?”

“Yup.”

Simon turned onto his other side, yanked Nico forcefully into his arms with a grunt of annoyance. “I thought so.”

------

And now I must go borrow someone else's brain.

Ooh...things are starting to become clearer! ...I think. :) Btw, I really like your stuffed-up spelling. I feel like that's hard to do, but when I read yours, I can hear it perfectly. Its cute :) Aww...poor Nico...he has tummy troubles... :laugh: I hope he's okay... Oh, and I totally get the dorm thing, I have experiences of my own :D I can't wait to read more! Nico just pulls at my heartstrings...such a sweetie.

The bed squeaked as Nico began slowly wriggling closer to Simon. After about five minutes, there was only an inch of space between them. Simon didn’t move, just lay there stiff as a statue. Nico erased the remaining distance, his front pressing up against Simon’s back. Nico wasn’t wearing a shirt. Simon imagined that he was naked except for his boxers, and tried not to care.

“Huh…Hd’kchh!” Nico’s frame shuddered, tensed, then: “Ubb…higk-up?”

“Is that a question?” Simon asked drolly.

“Doe.”

“Another hiccup?”

“Yup.”

Simon turned onto his other side, yanked Nico forcefully into his arms with a grunt of annoyance. “I thought so.”

o3o First, I'll discuss this wonderfickle piece of art right here...Nico's "hiccups" are the cutest thing evar, next to Simon and his glasses OCDness. And I believe that i may be very slow, but I still haven't figured out exactly what's up with Nico. No sleep does that to a person, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm so flattered that you'd write just to read my comments! :) I'll comment more often to make you write more lol. ♥ I think Simon = glasses too lol. Cause I know a Simon and he's got the roundest glasses I've ever seen. Except he's dark-haired and "your" Simon is blonde so he needs black rectangular glasses. OH MY GOD, AND THEY SHOULD BE PERCHED ON THE TIP OF HIS NOSE [which ought to be sniffling soon ;D]. I have this fetish involving hot guys and glasses too, in case you haven't noticed.

Dude, affair? Definitely. Love without commitment is the freest kind there is. ;D Let us be birds and fly away with a pen and lots of paper cause you'll write lots for me.

Ok so Ive decided to comment cause I'm going to stop reading this story if something doesn't let up soon. I really don't know why I've avoided commenting. I probably really won't stop reading. I'm just frustrated. Ok bye

Scion - Ahhh... wow, I love your stories! I came back here and read like 3 or 4 updates.. ALL worth it, even on the update where you felt stupid.. it didn't suck. it was ALL great. And I can't wait to read more..noticed Remi, Shane, Cade, .. I love how you bring your characters full circle like this. I know I've said that before, but it bears repeating. :ninja:

I won't even BEGIN to try and figure out Nico... I'll just happily go along for the ride. :ninja:

Quite Contrary: Good! They should probably be clearer now. :ninja: And even more with this update, I think. Wellll, if you hold your nose and then say the sentence aloud, that pretty much gives you what someone stuffed-up would sound like lol. That's what I do, anyway. :blushing: Awww, I love how you're worried about Nico haha, sooooo cute. Yay! :hug: Thank you so much! :cryhappy:

Emily: Hahaha I love the way you talk about Simon. So funny/cute. Hmm, I THINK you should have some idea now...with this update, I mean...about Nico. Hopefully! It doesn't explain everything, but...Ohhh, more comments from you!?!??! :ninja: :happybounce: Yes, please! Same goes for the affair. Much will be written from me! Hahahahahaa, black rectangular glasses perched at the tip of his nose! Wellll, Simon is gonna be getting sick soon I think. I'll bring in the glasses then lol. Thank you for another amazing comment.

Ciuty80: THANK YOU!!!!!! :heart::hyper::inlove: I'm relieved that you liked it heehee! :blushing:

Tassielli: Why are you frustrated? Oh, and I'll answer your question here, cause I feel awkward still posting on my old story. I slammed the door in that guy's face 'cause he was a jerk and was trying to make a fool out of me. That's pretty much it.

Mims: Haha, thank you! Glad you love them and that my last one wasn't crappy! I felt a bit smarter today, so hopefully that shows. :lol: And yes, the connections! They're so fun, as you know, so I'll probably never stop doing them. :omg: Ha, yep, Nico is hard to figure out! I like complicated characters, I guess. I think they're more interesting. :cryhappy:

Part Eight:

TEN YEARS AGO

^*^*^

Gabriel was crawling out of the crate before he made the conscious decision to do so. He was drawn to the girl, to her big blue eyes, so innocent and sweet.

“That’s my boy,” said the monster, his face alight with glee. “I knew you’d come around.” He opened his briefcase, displaying its contents to Gabriel. “What do you think, son? Do you have a preference, or would you like some guidance?”

Gabriel kept his eyes on the girl; her hands and feet were bound, her lips parted to emit a soft keening of terror.

He swept his gaze over the contents of the briefcase, and suddenly knew what he must do.

------

PRESENT DAY

^*^*^

Simon wasn’t sure at first what had roused him. But then he heard it: a strip of broken breaths, choppy, despairing. The body in his arms trembled against his as though in a constant state of cold.

Simon picked his head up from the pillow to get a better view of Nico’s face, saw the mirror-pale droplets of moisture cascading down the sloped cheeks. His heart withering in his chest, Simon watched as Nico sputtered for breath between low, chesty snores and tight, guttural sobs. Somehow, through all waterworks, he still slept, if fitfully.

Tenderly, Simon skated his lips across Nico’s tear-kissed skin, feeling the salt tickle his sensitive skin. He then kissed Nico softly between the eyes, whispering, “Wake up, sweetheart. It’s okay. I’m here.”

Nico’s dewy lashes lifted, his sleepy eyes unfocused. He blinked a few times, steadying his gaze on Simon. He then thrust his face back down into Simon’s chest, groaning melodramatically.

“Nic?” Simon prompted, lightly stroking the other boy’s back.

“I’b sorry,” came Nico’s timid reply, the sound smothered against Simon’s pajama top. “I dow I’b beidg really addoyidg. I’b dot tryidg dto gedt attdedtiod, I swear.”

Simon nuzzled Nico’s hair. “Better not be,” he joked.

Nico’s form coiled suddenly, his legs coming up toward his chest, his chin dipping low as his forehead bounced against Simon’s chest. “Nxsh! Hicg-up! Hic-up!”

Simon laughed, even though part of him wanted to get up and run for the shower and its glorious bars of new soap. “It’s funny how your first hiccup never sounds like a hiccup.”

“Dot all higgups soud the sabe, Sibod,” Nico pointed out. “Hip! See, thadt was differedt. TzzCHshha!”

Simon cringed, biting his tongue. “That was a very strange sounding hiccup, Nic. In fact, it sounded nothing at all like a hiccup.”

“Well, whadt is a higgup supposed dto soud ligke?” Nico pouted sulkily.

“Not like that,” Simon deadpanned.

Nico was silent for a moment, then: “Bmucus bodster?”

Simon rolled his eyes. “No, Nic. No mucus monster. Thank you for the offer, though.”

“Sure thidg.”

Simon added a serious edge to his tone. “Hey, Nic?”

“Yup?”

He delicately kissed the top of Nico’s head. “Are you okay?”

Nico snuggled closer to Simon. “I ab dow.”

Simon detected the waver in the boy’s voice and asked, “But?”

“Budt…I’b sorry, budt my stobach really hurdts agaid.”

Frowning, Simon queried, “How long has this been going on?”

Nico shifted almost guiltily. “A…while. Baybe…ubb…a year?”

A year. The significance of that wasn’t lost on Simon. But it had to be just coincidence. “Have you seen a doctor?”

“Huh…ihhh…Sibod…” Nico panted, pulling away reluctantly. “EhggXSHAhh!” The light spray arced through the air like a winged demon as Nico swiveled his head completely away from Simon. “Tcshh’iuu! TCHSHh! TchhShh-uh!”

Simon slid to the edge of the bed, holding his breath; he didn’t know why he bothered. He knew he was going to get sick. He could feel it coming.

“I’b dode,” Nico whispered, coming up behind him. “You can tdurd bagck aroud dow.”

Beyond frustrated, Simon flopped back around and grabbed Nico up almost angrily, jerking their bodies together. “I hate you, Nico. I really, really hate you.”

Sorrow carved itself into Nico’s features. “Sibod…I’b sorry. I waddedt dto stay with you thadt dighdt. I jusdt…”

And Simon suddenly understood--he didn’t know why or what it meant, but he knew why Nico hadn’t wanted to spend nights with him, why he was always so upset every time he fell asleep in Simon’s presence. He hadn’t wanted Simon to see him…cry. But…why?

“Nic?” He breathed into the tense silence.

Nico hid his face in Simon’s neck, clearly knowing exactly what Simon wanted. “Sibod…”

“Nicholas,” Simon shot back, unwilling to back down. If they were to have any chance of working things out, this needed to be addressed.

Nico sighed, then murmured quietly, “Thadt’s dot by dabe.”

Simon’s brow wrinkled in confusion. “What…do you mean that’s not your name?” he asked, cold dread gnawing at his bones.

“I’b sorry,” Nico squeaked wretchedly.

“Dammit, Nico, stop saying that!” He sat up, dragging the other boy with him, framing Nico’s shocked face between his hands. “Just tell me what the hell is going on! PLEASE!”

Nico looked down as a tear slipped from the corner of his eye. “Prombise you wod’t hadte be.”

Simon swallowed down his impatience. “I won’t hate you, Nico. I promise. Now will you please talk to me!?”

“By…dabe…is…” He wet his lips, flipped his gaze up to Simon’s. “Gabriel Zicaro.”

For a few moments, all Simon could do was stare, trying to work out what this meant. Nico…had…lied about…his name? But…”I don’t understand,” Simon hissed harshly. “Why the hell would you lie about that--? What…wait…wait…” His mind reeled and reeled, getting nowhere…nowhere…but he knew he’d heard that name before. It had been years ago, but he’d heard it. Where…?

Then it clicked into place, and Simon felt the ground open up beneath him, felt the world shift… And there was pain…in his heart, in his soul, deep and cutting and inescapable.

“No,” he rasped desperately. “No…you’re lying! This is another one of your lies! Well, guess what, Nico, I’m not falling for it this time! I’ve had enough of you and--and your--” He flung himself from the bed, seething, steaming, so pissed-off his vision actually started to blur. He spun back to face Nico, blood screaming in his ears. “I’m done with you!” he snarled. “You…GOD, NICO! I could deal with all your other lies, but this one? No. I’m sorry, but this is too much.”

Nico sat there, staring up at him, silent tears gliding down his cheeks, face ashen, lips caught between his teeth. Simon studied his caramel eyes, the coffee-colored locks of hair that tumbled over his brow, the small scar beside his right eye.

The resemblance was there. It was undeniable, but that didn’t necessarily mean anything.

Instead of defending his innocence, Nico mutely huddled under the blankets and stuffed his head beneath one of the pillows. The blankets rose and fell abruptly with a stunted breath. “Ishhmmphh! Ihh…Itssiichh’uh! Uhh…Ptschhoo!” The muffled sneezes were followed by an actual, real-life hiccup--but Simon didn’t smile, because he knew what that hiccup meant: Nico was no longer simply crying, but sobbing…because of Simon.

“Oh Jesus, Nico, do you ever play fair?” Simon groaned, dropping back down onto the bed to gather Nico into his arms. For once, Nico didn’t cling to him; he was limp as week-old spinach, shaking and weeping and…broken.

Simon’s mind flashed back to the airport, to the little boy named Gabriel, and to the look on Nico’s face. “Oh…God…no.” The words were wrenched from his constricting throat, raw with pain and fury. “Nic,” he moaned, wrapping his entire body around Nico’s, wanting to protect him, to shield him from…everything. “Nic, baby…baby, I’m so sorry. I’m so, so sorry. Don’t hide from me, sweetheart, please. I…”

That’s when Nico’s arms came around him, when he burrowed into Simon as if Simon was the only thing in the world that could keep him safe.

‘I’b sorry, Sibod! I’b sorry! Please dod’t hadte be!” Nico wailed into Simon’s chest. “I wadted to tdell you, budt I jusdt…I wadted dto predtend…idt--idt--” He broke off into another sob, and Simon smothered him with kisses.

“Oh, Nic. I don’t hate you,” Simon vowed. “I could never, ever hate you.” He closed his eyes, his mouth finding Nico’s ear. “I could never hate you, sweetheart. I love you.”

-------

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I knew it! Poor, poor Nico! Simon better hold him forever and not let go, because if he lets go, I am taking his place. <_< Aww...Nico crying like that....is just too sad! :wub: He's so cute, I don't want bad things to happen to him. He's too sweet! :wub:

SIMON. SIMON, OH MY GOD. His comforting despite his germophobia, and his sweetness and calling Nico "baby" and "sweetheart" and them sleeping together and oh my god Simon is so sweet and Nico is so helpless and perfect for comforting and oh oh oh god this is too perfect. TOO PERFECT. Your writing! I love it so so much! It's so sweet and lovely and the sneezes and congested voice and the way your characters connect ajdhfajkdfhjk moremoremoremoremore!!

asdfgjhasdhak; :omg: . That is seriously one of the most precious things I have ever read.

Scion , how do you do it ? Cause' I have been waiting for a scene like that all my life and you wrote it to absolute perfection.

I read it and I was pretty much speechless, just. WOW. <_<

I love it how Simon trys to set his germophobia aside for Nico, and how Nico trys to hide his sneezes in like this pitiful yet adorable way, leaves me going 'Awwwww :wub:'

Ooh and then how Simon points it out ? Too cute.

And then I find Nico's constant stuffy apologies adorable yet crushing.

The part where Simon says I hate you to Nico and then after where he just blows up on him. Ahh , dear god I felt so sorry for poor Nico.

Then where theres just that little moment of silence as Nico cries, it. Freaking. Killed me. My heart just sank for a fictional character on a sneeze feitsh site.

Okay and then when he just breaks down and sobs and Simon regrets what he just did and holds him, god it was just perfect. Most adorable moment ever. I was honestly sad when the part ended.

Okay. I went on for a while today. :lol: Ahah I think its safe to say I loved all of it.

Oh, and I'm happy my comments kill in a good way, thats the first ive ever heard that :wub:

Haha carry on; this is amazing.

:huh::blink::innocent::omg::blushing::o

i´m kind of really really really uhhmmmm

CONFUSED!!!

why the hell is nico lying about his name???

..................????

but ggghhaaaaaa simon days: "I could never hate you, sweetheart. I love you." :blushing:

please more... :wub:

i WANT to understand what´s freaky going on there between them :laugh::D

Hooray! Simon loves Nico! I mean, it was obvious he loved Nico, but he admitted it! This makes me very happy.

Oh my GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT GIRL WAS TASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POOR BABY NICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OR GABRIEL, WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY THEY HAVE TALKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY THEY UNDERSTAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I GUESSED HE WAS A CAB DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT WAS AN AFTER THOUGHT! A SHOT IN THE DARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing you will now go on to tell of the massive newspaper story concerning Gabriel Zicaro, and then so many others will understand... AND...

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POOR BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY HEART IS BEING TORN IN TWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY POOR LITTLE BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ADORE HOW SIMON DOESN'T CARE ABOUT GERMS ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WILL WE GET TO SEE HIM SICK??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE HOW NICO NEEDS TO BE CLOSE TO HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE CONTINUE THIS FABULOUS STORY SO MY HEART IS NOT LEFT BROKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha :blushing::innocent::blink::huh::o:D:wub::blushing:

Haha, it's just cause Simon is such a real character that I can ramble on about him. And about Nico...right, I'll wait for the next update... ; _ ; I really am slow with unraveling complicated plots after all. :T So long as you spin out more stories for me I'll write comments. ♥ :P You bet Simon's going to get sick. "He knew was going to get sick. He could feel it coming." And I don't how this fits in the story, but I can totally imagine Nico trying to get Simon to wear contacts and Simon = fear of putting stuff in his eye + Nico's mucus monster which spells out disaster and an extremely beautiful scenario.

sillystarsmoons

Oh my gosh! The chapters are beautiful. Wow! I loved reading them. So perfect, I love how you write! I cant wait to read the next chapter! :)

Oh my GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT GIRL WAS TASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No way. I bet you it was Brenna.

I agree with Coffeepot (which, that is quite an awesome name by the way :hug:)

Wahhh, I've been gone so long, too much homework lol...this story has gotten long and amazing in my absence, it was great to catch up! Geez Scion, I don't know how you write so well, but you know how to both make a girl happy and pull at her heartstrings, something I will never understand :) Thanks for sharing, as always, and keep up the awesome work :blushing:

I was just in a frustrated mood. I read this while starving and waiting for the results of my pregnancy test. I'm not pregnant and I'm very happy about it. I'm Also done with sex until marriage and quitting drinking. Cause alcohol and sex do not mix well. I wanted to know what was going on with your characters and stuff and undr saud stress and hunger I was really mrrrrrgggggg.... I guess you slamming the door in his face makes sense. I would have opted for a frying pan. I really want to see someone fall on their ass like that now. I might just break somebodies nose trying. Ok bye

Quite Contrary: Hahaha, yes, Simon is going to smarten up now and not let Nico go! And I know, it was so sad...but at least he gets huggles lol. :D I love that you love Nico. Have I said that before? Well, if so, it needs to be said again. Thank you so much! Love your comments!

cupkake: So, I think I could just die right now and be satisfied with my life after your comment. Yep. Seriously the best compliment I could ever get, and the best comment of all time. I literally read it ten times 'cause it made me so happy. I'm SO GLAD I could write such a perfect scene for you! I completely loved every single thing you said. Just. Kill. Me. Honestly...I don't know what you're trying to do to me lol! Thank you does not cover it. It's the best thing ever knowing which parts you really liked and I can't explain why but just...as a writer...it means a lot. :wub:

Ciuty80: Aww, I'm sorry you're confused! I'm trying to explain things! This part might help a bit I think! If not DEFINITELY the next part! Nico didn't so much "lie" about his name as...change his name, so people wouldn't know who he was. :hug:

coffeepot: Haha, I'm glad, too. AND I'm glad you could tell Simon loves Nico. :D And now you're happy, yay! :lol: Oh, and you're right about the girl. ;)

Aprilcot: Yup, you're a genius! I'm not surprised you guess he was a cab driver! You're always getting inside my characters heads lol. I love your enthusiasm for Nico haha. It makes me very happy that you like my character so much. And oh yesyesyes Simon is going to get sick! I think people would revolt if he didn't haha! Don't worry I would never leave your heart broken!!! I could never be that mean! And thank youuuuuuuuuuu!

Mims: Thank you! :D Glad you still like it!

Emily: Works out well for me~ I love your Simon ramblings! Haha, still haven't figured it out? Well...I have been pretty obscure, so I'm not surprised! It'll make sense soon I hope...Ohh, then I'll definitely be writing lol. Aha! You caught that little bit about Simon, huh? Yep. It's coming. :blushing: HAHAHAHA! I like that idea! I'll have to think on it. There is some glasses action going on here, though not much. :lol: It's just for you. ;)

sillystarsmoons: That's so flattering! It really means a lot to me that you like my writing. Thank you so much! :D :D

ichixshiro14: Ugh. Homework is evil! I must go finish it after this. :) Haha, thank you so much! I think the only reason I write well is because I read...way too often. Especially when I should be doing homework. Haha. Glad to know I can make you happy and sad! :lol: Very flattering and I love the comment, of course.

Tassielli: Ahh, I see. That makes sense. Lol, sorry I added to your stress with my mega-stressful story. I like to purge myself in my writing. Yep. I like your frying pan idea. Too bad I didn't have one handy at the time. The best I could have done would be a dustbuster...or a pen. Which wouldn't have worked out. Maybe I should walk around carrying a frying pan. It would certainly be useful for all the jerks prancing around, ya'know?

Part Nine:

TEN YEARS AGO

^*^*^

Gabriel Zicaro held the knife in his hand as he advanced upon the girl. Her sapphire eyes pleaded with him for mercy.

The monster, chuckling to himself, came up behind him as Gabriel let the blade of the knife drift over the girl’s pearly midriff. She whimpered, but didn’t scream. Perhaps she couldn’t. Fear could do that to a person, take away their voice.

Gabriel waited until he could feel the monster’s breath burning the back of his neck before he acted. He gripped the knife in a sweaty palm, felt it slide through flesh and muscle, saw the blood bubble up around it, heard the gasp of shock from his victim.

Then the monster fell to his knees with the knife still in his gut and the look on his face made Gabriel’s blood freeze in his veins; the monster was…pleased.

------

PRESENT DAY

^*^*^

The next time Simon awoke, it was to the sound of Nico’s phone buzzing demandingly away from its spot beneath the boy’s pillow--or what was meant to be his pillow; Nico was currently using Simon’s chest as a pillow, which worked just as well for Simon.

“Hey, Nic,” Simon said in a scratchy rasp, gently nudging the other boy. “Wake up and answer your phone. If someone’s calling at three in the morning it must be pretty damned important.”

“Mbbbb,” Nico moaned, wrapping himself around Simon, burrowing his head under Simon’s shoulder.

“You can’t exactly hide under the person you’re trying to hide from, Nic,” Simon said reasonably as the phone beeped, signaling a missed-call.

“I cad tdry,” he mumbled sullenly. Then, swiftly, he shot a hand out to the pillow, snatched his phone, and flipped the thing open in less than a heartbeat. His troubled eyes scanned the screen.

Simon caressed his arm. “What’s wrong, sweetheart?”

Nico bit his lip. “Seved bissed calls frob by bob.” He punched in a number and held the phone up to his ear.

Simon sat up and offered Nico his chest. With a twitch of lips, Nico leaned into him, plastering their bodies into one.

“Bob? Are you ogkay? Whadt’s wrodg?” Nico stiffened, clutched Simon’s thigh. “Whadt? Whadt do you bean? Thadt’s ibpossible. He cad’t--”

Concerned, Simon looped his arms around Nico, kissed his temple. Whatever was being said, he could tell from Nico’s stricken expression that it was bad.

“Bob…I cad’t cobe hobe righdt dow, I--I--I cad’t…” Nico shuddered, whimpered as he pressed his forehead to Simon’s cheek. He was losing it. The phone fell from his hand as he turned in Simon’s arms, curling into himself even as he tried to attach himself to Simon like a burr.

“Shh, sweetheart. Tell me what’s wrong,” Simon crooned, swaying slowly back and forth with Nico cradled against him. “I’ll make everything better if you just tell me…”

“S-Sibod,” Nico croaked, before ratcheting off into sobs again, his grip on Simon lessening as he succumbed to the fear or grief or whatever it was.

Desperate now, Simon pleaded, “That was your mother, right? Please, baby, tell me what she said. I have to know. God, Nic, please stop crying. It’s killing me.”

Nico struggled to tamp down his tears, whispering, “H-he escaped…frob p-prisod. By…by bob…” His breath rattled once, then grew still. A tiny ripple of motion snaked through his limp frame, but he didn’t seem to notice. His face still glued to Simon’s chest, Nico huffed out a feeble little sneeze. “Hih’Ikshh!”

Simon did not acknowledge his aversion, but, with all his fortitude, focused all of his attention on the boy in his arms. There would be time later to rub his hands raw and pour ten cups of honey-lemon tea down his throat.

“Bless you, sweetheart,” Simon murmured into Nico’s hair. “Now, please…help me to understand. By ‘he’ do you mean…?” He couldn’t bring himself to put a name to the monster. Dear God, Simon’s heart ached for Nico and all he’d been through, all the pain… On the one hand, he wanted Nico to tell him everything about the time he’d spent as…his…prisoner, but on the other he didn’t want to make Nico relive such a horrible part of his life.

Nico nodded miserably. “Sibod, I’b…afraid,” came his nearly inaudible whisper.

A boulder of anger and despair settled itself on Simon’s chest, crushing his ribcage. He wished he could go back in time and undo all that had been done to Nico. But, Goddammit, he couldn’t. And it killed him. “Oh, baby,” he rasped intensely. “There’s no need to be afraid. I’m right here, and I swear on my life I won’t ever let anything happen to you.”

Nico curled his fingers into Simon’s pajama top. “Probise?” he breathed.

Simon kissed the tip of Nico’s ear. “I promise.”

“Nic…I mean, I saw the news…I know what they said about you…but I just…can I ask you…a few things, do you think? You don’t have to answer any of them right now, but just…can I ask?”

Nico hesitated, then sighed, “Ogkay.” He sniffled unobtrusively. “Hhcxxt-ih!” Another soft sniffle. “Sorry.”

Simon chose to ignore this. It was difficult, but he managed. “So…is it true that you were his…prisoner…for…six years?”

A nod. More sniffling.

“And he…he mutilated the women…with you…there?” Simon went on, feeling more than a little sick.

Nico made a little squeaking sound through his nose, which Simon took to mean ‘yes.’

Biting back his rage, Simon asked, “Did he…make you…hurt…any of them? I mean, I know you didn’t!” he rushed to assure the boy. “But…did he try? That’s what they said on the news…that you were…that he was trying to train you…?”

Nico nodded, shivering, his bare arms erupting with gooseflesh. “S-Sibod, cad we p-please stop t-talgkidg aboudt this? I d-dod’t feel g-g-good.”

“Sure, sweetheart. Let’s talk about something else. God, you’re so cold--here, bring your feet up here.”

Nico folded his legs up toward his chest, and Simon grabbed hold of them, wrapping his hands around them. “Jesus, Nic. I’ve heard of ‘cold feet’ but this….”

Nico attempted to smile, but failed, instead pressing his brow to Simon’s cheek in a show of appreciation for Simon’s pathetic attempt at humor. After only a second, he turned his face away and sneezed tiredly. “Itschh!” The action was so…feeble that Simon almost pitied the sneeze.

“Bless you.” Simon cupped the back of Nico’s head, bringing the boy’s face back to rest against his own.

“Cad I asgk you a quesdtiod?” Nico wanted to know.

“Of course!” Simon exclaimed, slightly startled. “Ask me whatever you want.”

Nico’s eyes narrowed slyly. “Cad I tdry od your glasses?”

Simon’s eyes popped wide. “What? You want to--why would you want to do that?”

“I dod’t dow. I jusdt wadt dto dow whadt idt’s ligke dto be you,” he said meekly, sounding almost…embarrassed, which was new for Nico.

“Okay, Nic,” Simon said reluctantly. He didn’t like for anyone else to touch his glasses, let alone wear them, but for Nico…he’d do anything. He reached over to the coffee table and scooped up the glasses. He squinted through the lenses, checking for smudges. Then, satisfied, he handed them to Nico. “Be careful,” he cautioned.

Nico gave him The Look. “I’b dot a baby, Sibod. I thidk I cad tdry od a pair of glasses withoudt hurdting byself.”

“It wasn’t you I was worried about,” Simon grumbled.

Nico ignored him, slipping the glasses into place. He made a cute, disappointed face. “This kide of hudts by eyes,” he lamented.

Simon smiled. “What did you expect?”

Nico shrugged. “I wadted dto see the world through your eyes. I dow thadt souds stdupid.” He blinked rapidly a few times, wrinkling his nose. “Th-this kide of dtigckles by dose,” he said breathily. Before Simon could save his poor glasses, Nico was off, one hand raising to his twitching, pink nose. “Itg’Tchhew! Hehh…heh’Gsshchhuh! Ih…ih’dtsCHhieew! Ubb…” He slid a wary glance at Simon. “I’b…sorry?”

Simon sighed feelingly. “That’s what I was afraid of. Give them back, please, so I can clean them.” He held out his hand.

Nico passed him the glasses, flashing his puppy-eyes. “You’re dot…bad ad be, are you?”

Simon rolled his eyes. “No, Nic. It’s impossible to stay mad at you for more than a ten-second time span.”

Nico’s tense features relaxed. “Sibod…” he whispered shyly. “I love you, dtoo.”

Simon was in the midst of grinning like a fool when he felt it--the distant itch, growing more intense by the second, making its way down his nose in a tingling rush. He felt his nostrils begin to flare, and--breath hitching--he glared at Nico. Bringing his elbow up to his face, he succumbed to the inevitable with great reluctance. “Huh’IDttsShhhah!” Simon glanced up at Nico with a slow blink.

“This,” he said gravely. “Is all your fault.”

-------

Ahahaha, Nico finally got Simon sick! :D Lol, I was waiting for that. Hmm...I wonder what a germaphobe will be like when sick?

"Nico nodded, shivering, his bare arms erupting with gooseflesh. “S-Sibod, cad we p-please stop t-talgkidg aboudt this? I d-dod’t feel g-g-good.”"

That was so sad! :laugh: I loved the glasses thing though...Nico's just such a sweetie. I know I say that EVERY time, but...it's true. So. Whatever. Dundundun....more suspense! Can't wait for more!

You just totally set off my glasses fetish right there, woman. ♥ And the one single sneeze that it all came down to, good god, I love you! And of course I caught the previous bit about Simon; I've been waiting for him to contract Nico's cold. And I think I finally understand it somewhat now. Sort of. But I'm making progress! GYAAAAAH PLEASE DO CONSIDER IT! :laugh: I'll be forever grateful and stupefied beyond words.

Glasses action = love ♥ That whole scene was perfectly beautiful and and and and AWEVHNNVLOGJEOGHGBKE :foamingatthemouth: And just for me? ♥ Let's make that affair happen already ;D

God, they are so SWEET. And I loooove the dark theme of the story, too! Super awesome. Very interesting and pleasantly morbid. I am so enjoying this! Ahh!

Archived