Sneeze Fetish Forum

The Lone and the Loner - Complete (9 Parts)

Scion

Scion! your tales never fail to stun and interest me, and clearly many others. everything about this story is beautifully flawless, i love you characters, especially Talbot :D who i adore more than anything, and your glorious plot lines make me feel like im reading the world greatest novel! i love it, cant wait for more!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

obsessed: Haha, so happy to hear it!

Bubbles!: Aw, thank you! You make me so happy!

Rachiella44: Thank you so much! And I agree, Tal needs a big hug.

AwesomeGalaxy: AH. Do you know how insanely, incredibly happy your comments make me? Really. !!! Haha, glad you like Cindy. She is mean, but can be nice as well, thank god! She and Kara are gonna come into play again as well, which I'm kinda excited about hehehe.THANK YOU!!! Ummm, yeah. The lump costume was supposed to be for the babysitter, but since she bailed...muahaha, poor Tal had to take her place. And yes I LOVE YOU for picking up on that. There is a definite connection between the lump costume and Tal's past lump-woes.

Tassielli: Ahahaha, chloroform! You scary, scary girl! Mason clearly has no chance. I sure hope you have a good place to hide the bodies. Oh, and be careful on the full moon, or Tal might eat you. Or I guess he could just bite you, and then you MIGHT survive the Change. But you're badass, so I'm sure you would. Lololol, I'm gonna hafta bring Cindy and Kara back just to see your reaction. And I will make them even more annoying than ever! I can't wait!!! I would recommend not readint the next update while in class. Why is being evil so FUN!?!!?! (Also, thank you! You are clearly just as awesome!)

EliGirl: Haha, I'm mean like that. Sorry. :wub: But I'm glad you like it! And Faerie Tale. Thank you so much!

Ciuty80: Hehe, thank you! Tal is quite the sweetie. I'm so happy you like the sneezes as well. I secretly spend about ten minutes deciding how to spell each one. :drool:

Sen Beret: LMAO, I love you. My ego loves you as well. SOSOSOSO incredibly happy you like my writing/characters. I just think ANYTHING written around Halloween is better, 'cause Halloween is freaking awesome. THANK YOU!

CrushCrush32: Aw, thank you! That means so much to me - you have no idea. Your comment made me SO SO HAPPY. I don't think I deserve to be this happy, LOL. :twisted:

Part Four:

An hour and thirty-six minutes after his first Change, Talbot Frost sat coiled in on himself in the corner of his room, shaking with sobs.

No. That wasn’t right:

An hour and thirty-six minutes after his first attempted Change, Talbot Frost sat coiled in on himself in the corner of his room, shaking with sobs.

He hadn’t been able to do it. He’d made it halfway, his body a disgusting cross between man and beast. Everyone had been there, watching; they were either laughing (Brad and his gang), glaring their disappointment (his parents), or looking on him with pity (everyone else).

But at least he’d managed not to cry until he was alone. Not that everyone didn’t already know what a useless waste of space he was.

His bedroom door swung open suddenly, and Mason stood there, panting and red in the face. He looked wild…wolfish.

Tal cried harder, hating himself for being so pitiable. He was so pitiable he even pitied himself, which just made the whole thing that much worse.

Mason didn’t say anything as he walked over and sat down next to Tal. He just held out one arm in welcome; Talbot couldn’t resist sinking against the other boy, biting his tongue to silence his cries. Mason folded him in his arms, still not saying anything. It was enough just for him to be there, for Tal to feel the comfort of his warmth and the feel of his strong arms holding Tal close.

“S-sorry,” Talbot whispered into Mason’s chest. “I’m such a pansy. Brad’s right. I should never have been born a Were. I’m - ”

“Um, no.” Mason affectionately swatted the back of Tal’s head. “I didn’t just hear that load of, of-- I can’t even think of a word bad enough to describe it. You need to take that back, Tal. Right now.”

A weak smile found its way to Talbot’s lips. “Sorry. You’re right. I’m being pathetic, as usual.”

A look of exasperation tugged at Mason’s features. “Honesty, Talbot. It’s like talking to a parrot. All I hear is you repeating what those bastards say. Don’t do that. That’s not you. It seriously kills me to hear you say crap like that.”

Talbot opened his mouth -

“Oh, and do NOT say sorry again,” Mason cut in severely.

Heat suffused Talbot’s cheeks. “S--I mean. Okay. You’re right. I just…”

Mason shook his head, saying gently, “Don’t. There’s nothing wrong with you. It was your first try. You’ll get it on the next one. You know how many times it took me?”

Tal shook his head, rapt.

“Three,” Mason revealed, then grinned. “So I’ve got you beat.”

“We’ll see,” Tal scoffed. “But I somehow doubt it.”

- - -

PRESENT DAY

- - -

He was being beat up by someone half his size. Fighting the urge to roll his eyes, Mason made a grab for the Lone’s left ear as the guy’s hand tightened around his throat, squeezing with enough pressure to make Mason’s eyes bug.

The Lone’s free hand shot out, clasping Mason’s wrist in a grip as solid as stone. He bared his teeth in a growl, twisting Mason’s wrist almost to breaking point. “Bad little wolfy,” he hissed between gnashed teeth, his navy blue eyes swallowed in a lake of black rage. “Never try to kill someone you don’t know.”

This was it. The end. Mason was going to die without ever confronting Tal. He was going to die alone, on some random street in the middle of nowhere Massachusetts, because of his own stupidity. His parents would find his body and - airairairairairairair! Where was the air? He needed - needed…to breathe. Swirls of black fogged his vision, death coming to claim him.

I - can’t - die - yet.

Suddenly the crushing pressure was gone and oxygen was flooding his lungs and he was on his knees, gasping, clasping his raw, burning throat as tears streaked down his face.

“Another one?” Mason heard the Lone drawl in an annoyed bite. “Honestly, will this night never end? Just how many of you little toddlers are there? A whole pack? No, wait, don’t tell me: you’re the Alpha, right? What do you call yourselves? ‘The Pups?’”

Mason bashed tears from his eyes, squinting into the night, the harsh light from the streetlamp making pain lance through his skull. When he focused his vision, his heart performed a surprised somersault.

Standing there, arms akimbo, choppy hair plastered to his red, sweaty face…was Talbot. And his eyes…oh, his eyes were…Mason’s brows kicked up when he noticed the boy’s outfit: a pair of navy PJ pants and a white t-shirt. His feet were bare.

“You do not get to insult me, Lone,” Talbot said calmly, his steely, confident voice at odds with his current nighttime get-up. “I’m done with that crap.”

The Lone laughed. “You’re going to make me kill you, aren’t you?”

“I was actually hoping I’d be the one to kill you,” Tal admitted.

The two stood still, sizing each other up. Talbot may have been taller and fitter than the last time Mason had seen him, but he was still nowhere near as tall as Mason. Still, the Lone wasn’t exactly a giant, standing only about an inch taller than Tal.

It was a fair fight.

Or would have been. Except the Lone was considerably older than Tal, maybe in his mid to late twenties.

“What do you say we all come out of this alive?” the Lone said conversationally, raking an easy hand back through his coppery waves. “There’s really no need for violence now, is there? What did I ever do to you?”

“It’s not personal,” Tal told him, tense, ready. “It’s either you or me. I choose me.”

The Lone nodded glumly. “Well, if we must fight, let’s at least get it over with.” With lightning speed, he flew at Talbot, sharp, black claws extending from the tips of his fingers. He hit Tal in the chest, and the two of them crashed to the ground with a loud thwack!

A slash of the Lone’s claws across Tal’s cheek had blood spurting forth as a grunt of pain ripped from the boy’s throat. Mason, dizzy, lurched to his feet and began staggering toward the pair with no idea what he was going to do when he reached them. But he had to do something, something to end the fear curled around his chest.

The Lone landed a punch to Tal’s face. An instant later, Tal spat a mouthful of blood straight into his combatant’s eyes, giving him the brief chance he needed to sink his own claws into the Lone’s neck - only the Lone jerked away, and Tal’s claws merely grazed a path along the other guy’s chin.

Droplets of red dripped down the Lone’s chin and onto the top of his hand where it was curled in the white of Tal’s t-shirt. As Mason reached them, he saw the Lone’s pupils eclipse the blue of his irises, saw the now fully black eyes track the blood to its source, saw the Lone’s hand come up to brush his chin, saw the fingers come away stained scarlet.

“Oh. Fuck,” he whispered. Those pitch dark eyes rolled back and the Lone slumped forward onto Tal, completely unconscious.

- - -

Talbot gasped under the solid weight pressing him into the gravel. Before he could even attempt to draw in a breath, the weight was suddenly gone and Mason’s face was there, blocking out everything else. Honeyed eyes squinted in a way that made Tal’s heart clutch with a desperate hope, with longing.

“Tal?” A big hand came to rest on Tal’s forehead. “Are you hurt?” The voice was strained, rough.

“I - hhh - ”

. . .

Mason watched Tal’s eyes grow heavy, took note of the pink-rimmed nostrils as they expanded in sync with the slow rise of his chest. Talbot’s jaw slackened, his brows netting together as he bolted up to a sitting position, turning his head and raising the waist of his shirt to his face while his breath stuttered out in jerky spurts.

His body curled slightly inward as an impatient sneeze escaped. “hG’sIHjshhumph!-ihh.” He sniffed, paused, hitched cautiously. “Hihh…? Hhh…mB’pSSHTch-hoo! Mh.”

A blessing was at the tip of Mason’s tongue - and then all at once reality came smashing down and he stood, backing away from Talbot in horror. He’d slipped. Started thinking of Tal as a friend instead of an enemy. That couldn’t happen again. Ever.

“Mase?” Talbot breathed, frowning. “Are you okay?”

Was he…OKAY? Was Talbot insane!? Of course he was so not freaking okay! He’d never be okay, thanks to - “No! No! I’m not. I’m not okay. What the hell are you doing here? You’re not supposed to be here. You’re asleep, in your bed!”

Talbot put a hand to his head, sighing. He glanced at the prone form of the Lone, obvious dread entering his expression. “I can’t…I can’t kill him while he’s…unconscious.”

A scornful laugh slithered up Mason’s throat. “Oh, really? Oh, REALLY, Tal? Is that something you couldn’t POSSIBLY do?”

Talbot blanched.

Mason guffawed. “What’s with the face? It looks like I’ve offended you. I’m truly sorry. I’d never want to cause you any kind of grief. Please forgive me.”

Before Tal could respond, the Lone groaned, stirring. Slowly, he sat up, blinking. He glanced down at the blood on his hand, and the color he’d gained drained away immediately.

“What’s…?” Talbot extended a hand to the Lone, as if he were trying to HELP him, of all things.

“NO!” the Lone screeched, flailing away.

Tal dropped his hand, looking bemused. His lashes fluttered, and something in Mason cracked at the look of utter helplessness on Tal’s face. Tal’s shoulders tightened as he ducked his head to his chest, body shuddering with another set of sneezes. “Hd’zXSH’iU!-uhh. Hh…Hah! Hp’URktzshIUh! Ahhh.” He pinched his nostrils together, tilting his head back and massaging his nose.

Mason’s first instinct was to run to Tal and pull him close, to protect him from everyone and everything, including himself. Then his brain kicked in and he scowled. And Talbot thought HE was pathetic.

The Lone got unsteadily to his feet, eying Mason and Tal warily. “Just let me go,” he said, sounding shaky. “I don’t want trouble. I’ll leave.”

Mason stared at Tal, waiting to see what he’d do.

“You’re not…what I expected,” he said finally. “You’re not…”

“Evil?” the Lone scoffed. “Oh, but I am. I’m simply not in the mood. Even evil-doers sometimes need a break, you see.”

Tal ground the heel of his hand against his brow, looking like he might sneeze again. “I…I…hhh…” Knuckling his nose, he blinked up at the Lone; he appeared incredibly vulnerable, but Mason wasn’t fooled. “Hehh…” He tented both hands over his nose, leaving himself completely open to attack.

Mason stiffened, ready to defend Tal with his life if - wait, what in hell was he thinking? Defend Tal with his LIFE!?

Huh’tCHUSSH!--heh! Huh!-Hihh…nXSHttchuhh! Hhh.” He rocked forward with each blast, letting out a low, hoarse whimper at the end.

Mason gritted his teeth in an effort to keep himself from reaching for him. God, he couldn’t think straight, couldn’t focus. He was going to lose it. He had to -

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

- - -

Ahhhhh. What? I'm confused.... And he should too defend him with his life. I'm sure whatever the hell his parents did, Talbot has nothing to do with it. Grrr. They should just have sex and make up. Heh. Yup. Or maybe just kiss.... And if you dare to being them back I'll kill you. I'll go down to Florida(?) and kick your butt. I'll have an effin' conniption. Because I hate them that much. Meh. You anger me. I don't even want to think about them. Cindy and Kara deserve death. But only after much torture via Tassi. I'll gouge their eyes out! Mmrrpphhh! Hmph! It's not even funny. Keenan just told me I'm pouting. And Mason doesn't stand a chance. I'm 97 pounds 4'11" inches of pure muscle. And I have 6 inch stilettos. Those mother ******s hurt when I hit you in the head with them. As for the bodies... Hehe. I'm not an amateur. They'll all be gone. By morning. And no one will ever find them. And of course I'll survive the change. Which is why I am heading over to that wolftown for the next full moon and sitting out all night. In the woods. With a few fresh steaks. And some chew toys. It's bound to work. Now, while I am not one to deny my awesomeness, it's not nearly as amazing as your awesometacular- ness. Because your writing makes me want to beg you for more. On my knees. With cookies. Homemade from stratch. And shoes. And jewelry. And a lot if over fancy shiny things until you agree o make Talbot and Mason Gt together and to kill off the little girl and her mother. Grrr. Please continue!

<3,

Tassi!

Suspense! Action! SNEEZES. Ohhh, such bloody MARVELOUS sneezes. :wub: Excellent update, as usual, my dear! I was on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading it! The flashback...ohhh, poor Tal. His past seems to be pretty messed up. Poor darling, I would totally cuddle the crap out of him. >< And Mason! He's just so...endearing with how he totally loved Talbot, but won't admit it to himself. It's just SO fantastic, and I love it to bits.

Update soon, dear girl, else I shall go mad with the suspense!

Talbot and Mason are both so adorable. And poor sneezy Talbot...I have an idea! They should get together, have mad hot sick Talbot sex and then Mason can make him feel all better....yup....

Ah! Another gorgeously wonderful update! I think I must have read this one five times, as usual, you keep me hungry for more hehe.

O v O I have a new favorite now. Ohoho, I think I'm going to have me some werewolf tonight. 8D I feel like writing now.

:laugh::o:):(:cryhappy::boom::rolleyes:

sooo damn adorable

can´t find more words to express my joy which i feel right now...

i´m hooked...so extremly HOOKED!!!!

please more...fast! :wub::D

I love this. So much. Words can't even describe the amout of love I have for this. This is the awesomest thing ever. It's better than anything in the entire universe. Update soon.

BYE! :)

P.S. SOON!

BYE! Again! :(

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!!! I just watched an episode of Supernatural Season 3 and learned something. Bela's last name is Talbot!!! OMG!

Well done so far!! Sorry I havn't been araound. I was on vacation when you started this story. so now for all 4 comments

Part 1: Awwww Mason at the end!!sooo cute! Talbot's sneezes are so adorable!!

Part 2: Aww Talbot is soooo sweet! Mason's thoughts are so cute!!

Part 3: Talbot is sooo darn amazingly cute toward mason even though is soo sick.. mason is awesome as well. This story is so awesome. I always love your stories!!! ♥

Part 4: Poor Talbot! sooo damn cute!! ♥♥ Mason is incedibly confused and it makes him sweet in a way.

You write amazingly, you should be proud!!!!

Tassielli: UMMM, please don't kill me! If you do I won't be able to write anymore, and um, maybe you wouldn't like that? Huh? I mean I know you're really experienced at assassinations and all that, so please spare me. I found it necessary to bring Kara back. But no Cindy. However...she could still make an appearance. ;) But don't worry I'm sure you will hate me less when you read the last sentence of this update. Whoa, if yoou're this formidable now, I'm kinda scared to think how awesomely kick-ass you will be as a werewolf!!! Nooooo! Your awesomeness is just as awesome as my awesomeness, if not MORE awesome!!! And no need to give me anything. I will always write more and more and more just 'cause I love ya so much!

obsessed: Haha! :yes:

Awesome Galaxy: THANK YOU!!! Did I mention how happy your comments make me? Seriously, when I see a comment from you it's like CHRISTMAS/HALLOWEEN combined. I'm soooo glad you like Tal and Mason, too. Seriously. So GLAD. :D

Rachiella44: Bahahaha, I like that idea a lot! But first...hugs...then kisses...the speed at which I'm devleloping their relationship is torturous for me!

CrushCrush32: Oh, thank you so much! That seriously means the whole world to me! *hugs*

Emily: Haha, is that an owl? It kinda looks like an owl. Also: AN EMILY COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!! *freaks out* Ahhhhhhhh!

Ciuty80: Aww, thank you thank you thank you thank you! I'm so thrilled you're liking this, darling. :D

Bubbles!: Ahahaha, I'm glad! Thank you!!!!!! And oh, is it? I haven't seen that show in a long time. ;)

sneezytwilight: Hope ya had fun! And, awwwwwww thank you so much for commenting on each part. That's so sweet, and made me so happy! You're the best!

Part Five:

Both Talbot and the Lone spun to stare at Mason with matching looks of astonished confusion as he clenched his fists, threw back his head, and screamed for all he was worth, screamed until he ran out of air, until his throat burned.

It helped, if only a little.

“M-Mason?” Tal asked, paling.

“Shut up,” Mason growled, shaking his head ferociously. “I can’t hear anymore. Not now. I just can’t. Do you get that? Do you really understand how freaking insane you make me?”

Tal only stared, mouth agape.

“Of course not,” Mason muttered. “Why admit the truth when it’s just as easy to lie?”

“Lovers quarrel?” the Lone commented, one lean hand clamped over his injured chin.

As Tal reddened, Mason barked a dry laugh. “You really are evil, man. Kill any babies lately?”

The Lone rolled his eyes. “I wish. But, alas, I’m too lazy. I prefer to wait for my prey to come to me.”

- - -

As Mason and the Lone bantered like lost lovers, Talbot rose to his feet, dizzier than ever, a hard knot forming in his stomach. He’d been an idiot to think he actually had the guts to kill someone, let alone the skill.

No, he couldn’t kill this…man? Wolf? Something in between? He simply could not do it, and that left him only one option: death.

Trembling as a sudden cold spread through his bones, Talbot strode back to his car, which he’d parked carelessly in front a lightless antique shop. He paused as he opened the door, feeling the need to sneeze arise and wishing his nose would just give him a break. What was the point of sneezing if he was just going to die in a few weeks, anyway?

“Heh…hihh…” He propped himself against the car door, weak. “Hh’KshhUHshh! Hm. MmphYfshhiU!” He felt himself sway as his nose twitched, preparing itself for another round. “Huhh…huh! Hhh…” Pressing his face to the cool glass of the window, he dipped his eyes shut. “Hh…Hj’nXGtshaah!-uh.”

Talbot’s knees buckled, and he flung himself into the car before he could collapse to the ground and display his inadequacy to all. He hunched forward, resting his forehead on the steering wheel.

- - -

Mason tore his gaze away from Talbot, contemplating punching himself. Kid had Mason wrapped around his finger, and Mason did NOT do crap like that. He turned his attention to the Lone, who was slowly and silently creeping away.

“You’re just gonna let him go!?” Mason called to Tal.

The Lone froze.

Tal didn’t so much as lift his head. “Yes.”

“But…why?” The kid made no sense whatsoever. “Seriously, man, you’re giving my brain a headache.”

“A brainache,” Talbot shot back.

Mason rolled his eyes. “Whatever. Do what you want. I’m outta here.” To the Lone, he added, “Try not to kill any babies, will ya?”

“I’ll do my best,” the Lone returned, slinking into the shadows.

“Ugh,” Mason muttered, running a hand over his face as Talbot drove away. “Just…ugh.”

- - -

Talbot woke the next morning to the sound of someone banging on his door. He groaned as he rolled out of bed and stumbled to the door, shivering as the chill air hit his skin.

“Hi, Tal…bot,” Kara said uncertainly when he opened the door. She smiled hesitantly. “Oh, no. You’re still sick, aren’t you?”

He grunted, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. “Yeah. Uh.” He cleared his throat. “What do you need?”

“Well…” She winced, making his heart sink.

“Can’t,” he told her quickly. “Gotta work in, uh - ” He glanced over his shoulder at the microwave clock. “In an hour. Sitter bail again?”

Coaxing an upbeat expression onto her face, she admitted, “I may have fired her. I just - I don’t know - she gives me the creeps. And she used to eat all my tomatoes.”

Talbot nodded. “Tomatoes. Yeah, that’s…not good. Maybe - uhh. W-wait a s - hh - a sec.” He pivoted around, braced a hand on the door frame, and folded at the waist. “Hihz’iSHhCHxxsh! Hih!-Hih!…hH’uRttjsshEEW!-ahh.” He squished his runny nose between two fingers. “H-hold od. I deed…”

Without finishing the thought, he rushed to the kitchen and used a napkin to blow his nose. After he’d gone through four, he washed his hands and slunk back to Kara, embarrassed. “Sorry about that.”

“It’s okay,” she smiled, concern touching her brow. “Maybe you should take the day off? You really don’t look good, hun.”

He clenched his teeth. “I appreciate your concern, but I’m fine. Now, what do you need?”

A blush flared in her cheeks. “Well, this is really stupid, but I was just wondering - I mean, I know it’s really not a good time, but… - I thought maybe you’d - that we could maybe…have dinner sometime? Or, um, lunch?” She looked away, biting her lip.

What the…? Was he dreaming? He pinched his arm. Could you feel pain while dreaming? “Uh, Kara…”

“Oh - no, it’s okay.” She held up a hand. “I get it. I know Cindy can be a handful. You don’t have to make up an excuse. It’s really…fine.”

Oh, man. He was not equipped to deal with this at the moment. He seriously felt like he was going to either pass out or puke at any moment. “No, it’s not…” It was what, exactly? He’d never thought of Kara in that way, and not because of her kid. He just…wasn’t interested in anyone that way, except…

“It’s not Cindy. And it’s not you. It’s that I’m - ”

She laughed, a coldness in her voice he’d never heard before. “It’s not you it’s me? Is that what you were going to say? Talbot, I at least thought you’d be more original than that. Don’t you think I’ve heard it before? A million times? You know, I’m not ‘used goods’ just because I have a daughter and I refuse to be ashamed. You…”

She went on and on and on and he tried to focus on what she was saying but he couldn’t. His vision was narrowing, the world seeming far away. “M…?” What had been about to say? He couldn’t remember - couldn’t…

More darkness.

Everywhere…

…gone.

- - -

“Talbot? Talbot! Oh my God, Talbot, wake up!”

Wake up? Was he asleep? When had…?

“Hey. Honey, come on.”

Kara? What was Kara doing…here? Where WAS here?

“Kara?” Damn, he sounded like an old man. “What’s…going on?”

Her hand, lightly calloused, slid along his brow, brushing the hair from his face. “You fainted, I think. God, you scared me! Can you open your eyes for me, hun?”

Could he? “Uhn. Don’t want to,” he breathed. “S’wanna…sleep, ‘kay?”

“No, no-no-no!” She sounded panicked. “Honey, I need you to stay awake and talk to me, okay? You don’t feel warm. Actually, you feel kind of cold.”

“I - th-think I’m gonna hihh sneeze.” But, man, he really didn’t want to. It wasn’t fair he had to sneeze when he was this damn tired.

“Here,” Kara murmured. He felt his head being lifted, then lowered gently down onto something soft - a pillow?

Forcing his eyes open a slit, Talbot stared blearily up at her only to have the itch return to his nose. Kara pushed a tissue into his hand; his arm felt like it weighed a million pounds as he lifted it to press the soft paper to his face. “Hh…hih…h’itsschNG!-hh.” Icicles of pain jabbed behind his eyes, making him wince.

“Bless you.” Kara’s heated fingers combed through his hair. “I’m so sorry I yelled at you. You didn’t do anything wrong. I was…upset, and I was taking it out on you. I do that. It’s, well, it’s where Cindy gets it, I think. I’m sorry, you probably don’t want to know any of this so I’ll shut up.”

Out of nowhere, a low, furious growl cut the air, followed by a voice hot enough to melt a glacier. “Get. Your hands. Off. Of. Him. Right. Now.”

- - -

<3

So maybe I won't kill you. Because she wasnt as bad here. But I still hate her with burning passion. And Im sure I would only be doing that world a favor by killing her. But if Cindy even dares to show her ugly malicious abnormally small child face again, I may not be so fine. In fact, I might be come a serial killer and kill everything that gets in my way on my warpath to her. Cause I really really really really really hate her! Hehe. And are you saying that you don't want by nomads from scratch redudant cookies? Cause that would just be insulting. And everyone likes cookies. Except aliens. Have you heard that shampoo Is made from their snot? I love my niece. Anyway... If that was mason at the end then yay! I love the territorialness. Yes I do! And I forgot/ am way to lazy to go back and check what you said, so where have ferryn and Alan been this while time? And how are they gonna save talbot? Am I finally gonna get to know what happened with his parents? Will the pack except him and Mason? What about the lone? Can they become Lones? I wanna know. Talbot and Mason should go get married in San Francisco! And I would be the most kick ass werewolf ever! I would be like their knew freaking alpha! Cause I would have killed the old one with my awesome ninja Assasin skills. And then I would let talbot and mason out of their tower. And then it would all be happily ever after in the world of Tassi. Yay! Okay then. We are equally awesome. Great job. On this. Me lovest your writingith. Yup. Byebye!

Don't be wigged out by this, but I want to steal your mind. SO freaking much. I want to be able to combine suspense and action and flawlessly descriptive fetishy material and absently romantic vibes in one go. When you get published, love, the world is going to be so grateful. Your imagination and wit is just spectacular, and I can't imagine a future for you where you aren't a huge name in the literary world. It's just astounding how you're only 21 and can write so marvelously! You're going places with that mind of yours; massive places.

And now for the squealing teenage girl in me to take over.

Talboooooot! I just want to rape snuggle him! The poor dear, when he was thinking about how sneezing was useless when he would die in a few weeks...made me want to cry. I can't even imagine knowing that I would die in a few weeks, and he's handing it greatly. And Kara! I knew she had a thing for Tal! If I weren't so excited to see some Mase and Tal action, I would totally want them to get together.

And I can't help but have a soft spot for the Lone...Maybe I've misread him terribly, but he doesn't seem that bad of a guy. To me, at any rate. Maybe you picture him to be completely vile, but I think he's secretly a softie. :)

Can't wait for the continuation!

Uhhh..Bad ending...

That is either Cindy or Mason at the end. I think.

But OMG!! I love Mason and Kara!!!

Don't stop writing soo well and amazingly!! ♥♥

GYYYYAAHHHH his sneezes are sooo HOT!!!! :rolleyes::lmfao::wub::hug:

“Heh…hihh…” He propped himself against the car door, weak. “Hh’KshhUHshh! Hm. Mmph’YfshhiU!” He felt himself sway as his nose twitched, preparing itself for another round. “Huhh…huh! Hhh…” Pressing his face to the cool glass of the window, he dipped his eyes shut. “Hh…Hj’nXGtshaah!-uh.”

Talbot’s knees buckled, and he flung himself into the car before he could collapse to the ground and display his inadequacy to all. He hunched forward, resting his forehead on the steering wheel.

this passage made me melt!!!! :cryhappy: so much detail to get a PERFECT image in my fangurl mind :laugh:

and kara is sooo kind and cute in taking care of tal :cryhappy::blushing:

*hugs* Ahhhh!!! my brains are mushed! this was beautifully gloriously wonderfully perfection! I adored it so much, and the suspense! Cannot wait for more!

Here's another one coming your way, then. :rolleyes: Um, I'm not sure what it is. But it's an interesting face. O v O I think it's like being awkwardly eager?

On with the rabid fangirling.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG FAINTING FETISH MODE ON. YOU REMEMBERED DIDN'T YOU. EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T, THEN IT WAS SUBCONSCIOUS. EITHER WAY I'M HAPPY. CAUSE HE FAINTED. AND HIS SNEEZES ARE SO. DAMN. SEXY. -dies and goes to heaven- No, wait, I can't. Cause a hurricane's hitting in like an hour. ==;

MASON! Oh god! I love him so much! Talbot too! They're both so adorable!!! THIS. IS. AWESOME!!! Great chapter! Update soon!

BYE! :bleh:

obsessed: Ahahaha! Care to test that theory? Jk, jk! :bleh:

Tassielli: THANK YOU!!!! Seriously, "abnormally small child face?" I don't think that will ever not be funny. Really. Still I can't promise she won't return, but if she does return you can always just kill her, if it would make you feel better. Oh, no. I'd love you to make me some cookies. The more the better. But they aren't necessary, just...a bonus. So, yesss, Alan and Ferryn are coming in the update after this one, and....you're gonna find out how Lones are made as well in the next update, so...almost there!!! Oh, yeah, for sure. You'd be an unstoppable Alpha. People would try to challenge you and you'd just laugh and beat them in one second flat. Aliens! Your alien comment has inspired me for some reason. Maybe. We'll see.

Awesome Galaxy: Um, I'm not wigged out, but you did pretty much kill me. Honestly. Your comment...just...I don't deserve such praise, especially from someone as amazing as you. And by the way, your writing is WAYWAY better than mine was at your age, by about a million percent, so I'm interested to see how freaking amazing you are when you're 21. Clearly you will have far surpassed me by then. I am EXCITED. In my dream world, I will be published, and, um, you will too, because that would be awesome, and anyone with an imagination like yours NEEDS TO BE. But, really, thank you does not cover it. I'm so incredibly happy you like my writing so much. It means more than ANYTHING in the world to me! :lol: Oh, and your insights into my characters is pretty unbelievable as well! As for the Lone...we have not seen the last of him!

sneezytwilight: Sorry, sorry. I'm addicted to cliffhangers! And, erm, this update may have one as well. :unsure: But thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Ciuty80: Hehe, glad you think so! Thank you a hundred times over for always reading and commenting on my stuff - it means so much to me. :wub:

CrushCrush32: Haha, thank you so much! Your comments make me so happy, and that you're enjoying this is so important to me!

Emily: YAYAYAYAYAY! Awkwardly eager works for me. Umm, I may have thrown that fainting bit in there for a certain someone, muahaha, as bribery. Not really. About the bribery part, not the first part. It was sort of secretly to see your reaction LOL. Don't die in the hurricane!!!!!!!!!!!!

queenie: Lol! :D

Bubbles!: I'm so G.L.A.D.!!! I think it's funny how everyone all in love with Mason now, muahahaha!

Part Six:

FOUR YEARS AGO

- - -

“I know.”

Talbot froze, a fork of spaghetti halfway to his mouth. He knew what was coming, but still he hoped that maybe, possibly, he was wrong.

He wasn’t.

“When were you planning on telling me?” Talbot’s mom asked, cutting off a chunk of saucy meatball and placing it delicately on her tongue, the very picture of calm. “You know I know, and I know you know I know you know I know.”

“Oh, for God’s sake, Sandrine!” his dad snapped, banging a fist on the dinner table. “I’m trying to eat here and you’re going to start spouting riddles? No thanks.”

Her frost green eyes narrowed even as her mouth smiled. “So you’re going to do that, are you? Not that I’d expect any more from a lying, cheating bastard like you,” she said pleasantly. “It’s her, isn’t it? The Lone? Rowena. Yes? With the fake breasts?”

Tal’s dad scoffed. “What do you care, anyway? I should think you’d be more than satisfied, what with Hal North kissing your feet and lavishing you with gold jewelry. Really, how many bracelets does one woman need? And your wrists aren’t that great to begin with, so I don’t see why you’d want them on display.”

Talbot closed his eyes, feeling extraneous. He wanted to be anywhere else in the world. But he wasn’t. So he had to deal. “I’m gonna go to my room.” Or not.

They didn’t acknowledge his presence, or lack thereof, as he quit the room to the sound of their accusations and not-so-veiled threats.

He’d known his mom had been screwing around with Mason’s uncle, but hearing it confirmed was just…wrong. And his dad? The LONE? That was even worse. But it did explain the black eyes and bloody noses he often came home with.

Uck.

Talbot shuddered, thoroughly disgusted.

“This isn’t good, Mase,” he muttered to himself, flopping down on his unmade bed. His room was completely empty…ironic, really, considering how he felt. Trite, even.

Stupid freaking life. Life.

Who the hell needed it, anyway?

- - -

PRESENT DAY

- - -

Mason gritted his teeth as another growl wriggled up his throat at the sight of Talbot flat on the floor, some random chick’s hand in his hair. It looked they had just - like they were about to - like they - …

“GET OFF HIM!” Mason roared, lunging for the woman without restraint. “NO ONE TOUCHES HIM BUT ME! GETOFFGETOFFGETOFF!”

The broad gasped, rocketing to her feet, hands flying up as she stumbled back against the wall. “Wh-wh-”

Mason crouched beside Talbot, ready to unleash all his pent-up rage - and then he saw the kid’s face: gray, pinched, sweaty. He meant to grab Tal by throat, meant to squeeze until those puppy-dog eyes bulged…but when the skin of his palm made contact with Tal’s throat, he sucked in a startled breath; it was like touching an ice-sculpture.

Tal’s eyes were closed, but now he labored them open - just a crack, to peer blurrily up at Mason. “Don’t hurt her,” he said, his voice like the rustling of autumn leaves. “Mase, don’t. Just - ” The eyes shut, like he had no strength left in his body. “…kill me, hurt me, whatever you want to do, but leave her out of it.”

“What!?” the woman exclaimed, glowering. “Don’t you touch him!” she barked at Mason, all traces of fear gone. “I’ll - I’ll - ” She backed up, spun on her heel, and vanished, only to return a second later, brandishing a big serrated steak knife like a sword. She held it steady as she hissed, “I mean it. Try to hurt him and I cut off your pearls.”

Pearls? Mason almost laughed. Who the hell said that? “This is none of your damn business, lady,” he told her, deliberately turning his attention back to Talbot, as if he didn’t for one second consider her a threat.

Mason threaded his fingers through Tal’s hair, at war with himself. Every single cell in his body screamed for him to scoop the kid up into his arms and rock him until everything became okay again, until the chill left his heart, and until Tal was well - because even Mason couldn’t deny something was wrong with his--with Talbot.

He almost looked dead, lying there all ghostly and still. It scared the crap out of Mason, so he hunched over Tal, curling around him as if shelter would magically zap away whatever was wrong with him.

It didn’t, and Mason’s worry went up a notch.

He murmured into Tal’s ear, “What is it? Tell me what’s wrong with you.”

Talbot’s lashes glimmered, but didn’t rise. “Need…pack…sick.” A slight grimace. “Dying. Can’t…so tired, Mase.”

“What?” Terror, dark and unmistakable, punched him right in the face. “Tal, what the hell are you talking about? ‘Dying?’ Is this some kind of sick joke, because it’s not remotely funny. You get that, right? That is so, so, so, so, so, so not funny.”

Tal’s mouth quivered. “Sorry. But…” He licked his lips, exhaled through his nose. “…you know how it goes. Can’t…uhh…s-survive on my o-own.” His face crinkled up, nostrils flaring just a little. He tried to angle himself away, but Mason held him fast until Tal finally had no choice but to sneeze openly, his face turned slightly into Mason’s knee. “Hhh…hk’TCHshh!-uhh.”

Mason cupped the back of his head, keeping it in place as Tal geared up for another sneeze, tiny shivers running though his frame. “Hhh…ihh…nG’gUSHmphh!-hh. ‘Scuse…me.” He shivered, teeth clacking together.

“You’re excused,” Mason said gruffly, his demonic, traitorous hand petting Tal’s hair as he spoke. “Just don’t do it again.”

Another infinitesimal jump of the lips. “Can’t…make any…promises.”

“Talbot?” the lady spoke up, still clutching the knife, but now with less certainty. “What’s going on? Who is this? I don’t - I don’t know what you want me to do, here.”

“It’s okay, Kara,” Tal murmured drowsily. “You can…go. M’fine. Mase…he’ll take…care of…everything. Don’t ” - he yawned - “worry, ‘kay?”

“Hun, that’s pretty much out of the question at this point,” the lady--Kara--remarked. “But are you sure? I can call the police, you know.”

“No. Please, Kara. It’s…fine.” Tal’s breathing grew labored. “I’ll call you. Later.”

“You do that.” She gave Mason a threatening glare, then left, taking the knife with her.

“A’right. Move your skinny ass.” So saying, Mason picked Talbot up and deposited him on the couch, helping to fold Tal’s legs so they didn’t dangle over the edge. “Now. Let’s get this dying thing sorted out, because the only way you’re dying is if I kill you.”

“Love you, too,” Talbot whispered, and yawned.

Mason tensed, then sighed, kneading his brow with a fist. “You’re going to be the end of me, Tal. You really are.”

Talbot looked up at him, blinking sluggishly and yawning again. “Call Alan. I need - ” another yawn - “…Ferryn. He can…help.” Tal’s lips parted, and Mason thought he was about to yawn yet again, but then he saw the blue eyes go unfocused, saw the brows knit together. “Hhh. Ugh, Mase.”

“What?”

“Alan.” He reached into his pocket, pulled out his cell. “Tell him…I need Ferryn.”

Possessive anger swamped him. “You don’t need anyone, Tal. You have me.”

A flicker of a smile. “Just do it. Please. Huhh…”

“Sneeze?”

Tal’s head dipped in a brief nod. “Ihh…hihh…” Mason reached down and pinched Tal’s nose lightly between his fingers. Tal’s eyes flipped open and closed in surprise, his head snapping up as he sneezed: “Hg’nTCHzshiiU!-hah.” He blinked, body tightening. “uHP’hiuNXkSHoo!-nxggCHMshh!” A sigh escaped his lips, one of relief.

Mason almost smiled. He released Tal’s nose. “Okay. I’ll call. But no one’s touching you. I mean it. If anyone even tries - ”

“I ged id, Base. Thagks. Ugh.” Muffling a groan, he hid his face in the sofa cushion. His shoulders rose, then dropped down as a half-stifled sneeze slipped free. “hMPFFttCHu! Uhhhhhh. By life…sugks.” He let out a weird little laugh. “Dot ligke id’s godda badder adyway. If I’b dead.”

Shaking his head, Mason scrawled through Tal’s phone until he got to Alan’s number. He pressed SEND, and put the phone to his ear. While the phone rang, he absently traced a finger down the side of Tal’s face; the cold of the kid’s skin seriously unnerved him.

“Talbot?” came the voice on the other end. “Your lack of a social life is more pathetic than mine. You do realize that, don’t you? Every time my phone rings it’s you. How sad is that?”

Mason felt his hackles rise. No one got to insult Tal except for him. “First off, Alan or whoever you are: never insult Tal again or I end you. Second: it’s my great displeasure to inform you to get your ass over here. Tal apparently ‘needs’ someone named ‘Ferryn’ or some dumbass name like that. So get over to his apartment now.” He hung up.

Tal stared at him. “You worry be, Base. You really do.”

Mason grimaced. “Join the club.”

- - -

Kara Klein had never been so freaked-out in her entire life, not when Del had gotten her pregnant, asked her to marry him, and then dumped her on her wedding day, not when she’d given birth to Cindy, and not even when her baby girl had spoken her first word: “Choc-it!” Chocolate.

Leaving Talbot alone with some maniac? That was bad. Leaving Talbot alone with some maniac while the poor guy was clearly sick as a dog? Beyond bad. On top of that, she’d had to leave Cindy with a sitter she’d just met, something she never liked to do.

Since it was a Saturday, she was on her way to The Puppy Spot. She worked there part-time (on the weekends) from five to nine PM. Honestly, she much preferred it to her waitressing job, since there was less pressure, and she liked her coworkers at the Spot, Nyssa and Cam, a lot better than the catty little died-blonds at TGI Fridays.

She got though the first two hours of her shift before taking a break to call the sitter, and then - when she’d spoken with Cindy - Tal’s cell. He didn’t pick up. Dammit.

She was standing on the sidewalk just outside the shop when Nyssa poked her head out. “Everything okay?”

“Oh.” Kara considered lying, then thought better of it. Nyssa would understand (her on and off boyfriend, Cian, had been in and out of the hospital for the past few months, and it was taking its toll on the poor girl). “Actually, no. I’m worried about a friend of mine. He wasn’t feeling well and I just left him alone with some--some really weird guy I’ve never met before. I’m a terrible person, aren’t I?”

Nyssa arched her brows. She was a short, kind of curvy girl with brown hair streaked purple and pink. Today she had on a pair of hot pink leggings, a jean skirt frayed at the edges, and a low-cut black sweater that hugged her figure. Kara felt dull in comparison.

“Did you try calling?”

Kara held up her phone. “He’s not answering.”

“Damn. That’s not a good sign, huh?”

“Not so much.”

Nyssa frowned. “Well, Cam and I have it covered. Go ahead and check on him.”

Gratitude swept through her. “Seriously, I don’t deserve you. I’ll be back soon, promise! Thank you for being for being, well, you. Don’t ever stop.”

The sun had just set, but the streetlamps saved it from being pitch black out as Kara hustled to her silver Civic. She tried to keep her breathing steady as she got behind the wheel and started the car, but she couldn’t shake the bad feeling scraping at the back of her mind. Something was wrong, no doubt about it.

Kara sensed movement; her eyes flicked to the rearview mirror as her heart hammered madly at her ribs. Then she opened her mouth and screamed - or tried to.

But it was too late.

His hand was already covering her mouth.

- - -

Yeah you pretty much did it again...Cliffhangers ARE the worst.

I still absolutly lov your writing though...this story is so AMAZINGLY awesom!!!

Archived