Sneeze Fetish Forum

"Facts" you believed as a child

RoseFever

I used to think that a bull would randomly charge a house and stick it's horns through the walls and kill anyone near the wall. I lived near a farm and refused to go near walls if I could help it, and I would sleep on the floor (my bed was against the wall) or at the foot of my parents' bed so that the bull couldn't kill me.

That reminds me of something my mother told me, that when I was a kid I was terrified of foxes. Absolutely terrified. The wolf and even the rumoured bear didn't scare me, but the thought of a fox freaked me out. I don't remember this myself, but mom says I was really scared that a fox would turn up and eat me. I must have gotten that from some fairytale or the other, but I can't recall any. :blink:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was always scared to go to the movie theater with my sister because I believed that when she ate and Airhead candy her head would explode. I mean I was mortified! The commercials had me thinking that it would happen every time!

• 2 months later...

When I was younger I thought that when I turned 11 I would receive a letter saying I was a witch and I could go to Hogwarts, then I'd meet Harry Potter and his friends and learn to use magic.

Also, when I was 5 I asked Santa for magic wings that would make me fly. Then I got dress-up fairy wings instead.

haha

• 2 weeks later...

I belived that:

1. Black people are black because they tanned too much.

2. Only I have sneezing fetish.

3. Everyone speaks polish.

• 2 weeks later...

i thought that a woman would just get pregnant randomly. nothing would have to be done, a baby seed would just appear one day and then would grow.

wasn't til i found out what THAT was and what everything did at age seven when i came across it in my sister's sciency book entitled 'where do i come from?'.

i was only reading it for the cute babies at first.

This was me too.

I actually thought that all a woman had to do was ask...I guess the sky..... (I was only a child! ;) ) if she could get pregnant. Since I thought this, I would pray ALL THE TIME that I wouldn't get pregnant....yeah.... :P

i thought that a woman would just get pregnant randomly. nothing would have to be done, a baby seed would just appear one day and then would grow.

wasn't til i found out what THAT was and what everything did at age seven when i came across it in my sister's sciency book entitled 'where do i come from?'.

i was only reading it for the cute babies at first.

Oh my god, I used to think almost the same exact thing! I thought women got pregnant by wanting to be pregnant, like by thinking over and over again "I want a baby, I want a baby". So for a little while there I was terrified that I would accidentally thinking about pregnancy too much and get pregnant without meaning to. And I was probably 6 or 7 at the time...hahaha. Wow.

Also I distinctly remember that for a period of time in first grade I thought that human brains were wire structures inside of our skulls that rotated around.

rgwina.png

I guess I must've heard something about the brain working by electrical signals and I instantly thought WIRES! I have no idea. XD

• 1 month later...

Also, my older sister had me CONVINCED that she was magical.

Lol! I did that to my sister, too! I got a Hogwarts uniform and everything! Shen she didn't get her Hogwarts letter when she turned eleven, I told her she was a muggle. She was so upset, poor thing.

I also thought that men could get pregnant from the back and they'd poop out the babies. >_<

• 3 weeks later...

This is gonna be embarrassing...but I thought that, whenever a bird pooped somewhere a pretty flower would immediately grow there in place. Might be some truth to that, but it wouldn't bloom right away. happysmiley.gif

I have a lot, but this is the one that first comes to mind:

When I was younger, I genuinely believed that getting completely under the covers in my bed at night would protect me from anything. As long as I was covered, nothing could get me; it could only get what was exposed.

To this day, I still sleep with the covers up to my neck, no matter how hot I get. And it can't be just one sheet, either. That's not safe enough. It HAS to be at least a sheet and one blanket.

So, I guess, in a super-primal part of my brain, I still believe this...hm...

I believed that 1 million was the largest number (bigger, even, than infinity). My older and wiser best friend told me this.

I also believed that my family was "the best family" in the world (i.e. more loving, more "functional", smartest/most faultless parents, etc.). Ha! Wish I still believed that.

I have a lot, but this is the one that first comes to mind:

When I was younger, I genuinely believed that getting completely under the covers in my bed at night would protect me from anything. As long as I was covered, nothing could get me; it could only get what was exposed.

To this day, I still sleep with the covers up to my neck, no matter how hot I get. And it can't be just one sheet, either. That's not safe enough. It HAS to be at least a sheet and one blanket.

So, I guess, in a super-primal part of my brain, I still believe this...hm...

I also used to think that! ^_^

Archived