Sneeze Fetish Forum

Favorite Video Game!

megacycle

Hey! Everybody! What's your favorite video game or series of video games at this very moment in time?

For me it's a tie between the Uncharted series and Batman Arkham Asylum/City.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This summer, I got really into the "Professor Layton" games. Oh, PUZZLES. PUZZLES EVERYWHERE. XD

But I also REALLY like the "Super Smash Bros." series; "Brawl" in particular. Yeah, I'm a Nintendo girl, I am. :)

I got into Phoenix Wright, finally, and even though I've pretty much abandoned video games in favor of reading manga and watching anime this summer, that's still one of my favorites.

And also Harvest Moon because.

It's pretty hard for me to pick an absolute favorite. Maybe I could leave a top 5 in no particular order...

1. The Elder Scrolls Series (too many of them would be on here, I want to give other games a chance.)

2. Mass Effect 2 (even forgiving amp's ending, I still liked this one better overall)

3. Bastion

4. Guild Wars 2 ( tonguesmiley.gif )

5.The Pokemon Series (same as above... tonguesmiley.gif )

Edit: What the heck is this even. What. All this code.

I'm too tired to clean it up right now, sorry. I'll come back and do it later.

I really love any Pokemon game (though, admittedly, I wasn't a fan of Sapphire, Emerald, or Ruby) and I absolutely ADORE Yoshi's Island. :wub:

It's been 9 months now, but I still keep coming back time and time again to Skyrim. Rooting out all those locations, treasure and finishing those side quests has become something of an obsession...

Still, I had the same problem with Fallout 3 so no surprises there :lol:

At one point I was addicted to Skyrim just like you.

then I took an arrow to the knee. :D

It's been 9 months now, but I still keep coming back time and time again to Skyrim. Rooting out all those locations, treasure and finishing those side quests has become something of an obsession...

I'm still in love with Skyrim; it's just such a beautiful world. And the game music is just wubsmiley.gif

Also, I can't wait for Darksiders 2. I don't think I'll be leaving the house for a few days after I get it :D

fallout new vegas (ultimate edition) and I just played elderscrolls v skyrim. it's great but am confused because I thought the whole point was to kill the dragon alduin. but I just did that and there does'nt seem to be a real ending to it or am I wrong?

The Mass Effect series, Skyrim (never could get into Oblivion), the Uncharted series, Arkham Asylum/City, Persona 3 and 4, Saint's Row 3, Red Dead Redemption...

But my favorite of all time? SUPER MARIO WORLD. I can literally sit and play it all day (and all night even). I've finished it over 20 times probably and have found every single secret area, but I still have fun. Makes me feel like a kid again.

Sometimes the classic games are the best, I still play them on occasion.

I've downloaded Sonic CD and Sonic the Hedgehog on PSN. I may suck at playing them, but I still enjoy myself.

Maru, I've yet to play that game. I think there was a Limited Edition that came with a zombie figurine for like $10 or $15. I just searched for it now and I can't find it but I see people selling the figurines for like $70.

I've been playing a lot of Oblivion (I know, I'm behind the times but I felt like if I started Skyrim it would be a while before I touched Oblivion and I kind of want to finish it.) If you have this game with the Shivering Isles expansion then definitely play it if you haven't already. You meet this mysophobe in the first town and I just love how neurotic he is. Everything he says relates back to germs in some way. He's obsessed.

Oh and MINECRAFT. I literally dream in Minecraft blocks now that's how much I play it.

I was obsessed with Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas for a while too but I got burnt out on playing them so much.

I also LOVE the Spyro games and Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and X. I need to play the earlier ones.

I'm a big fan of the usual suspects: GTA, Mass Effect, Fallout (3 being one of my absolute favourites), Elder Scrolls, Pokemon (Gameboy and DS versions). Going back a while though I was a huge fan of the "Jak and Daxter" and "Ratchet and Clank" series on PS2.

And an absolutely underated classic is this badboy. It's about fucking monsters fighting! Throwing cars, squashing people, destroying skyscrapers, spitting lava. It was brilliant; the ultimate multiplayer game. Everyone came to my house to play it. biggrin.png

Just remembered another video game that I absolutely adore. "Amnesia: The Dark Descent". It's quite possibly the scariest videogame I've ever played, even the MUSIC is creepy as hell. Anyone else here a fan?

Just remembered another video game that I absolutely adore. "Amnesia: The Dark Descent". It's quite possibly the scariest videogame I've ever played, even the MUSIC is creepy as hell. Anyone else here a fan?

LOVE IT. I have a copy but I get so scared playing it that I have to watch playthroughs on YouTube.

LOVE IT. I have a copy but I get so scared playing it that I have to watch playthroughs on YouTube.

I just end up backed into a corner, throwing boxes at the monsters screaming 'leave me alone!!!' most of the time while playing, because that game makes me panic.

I just end up backed into a corner, throwing boxes at the monsters screaming 'leave me alone!!!' most of the time while playing, because that game makes me panic.

LOL. You should watch bananapielord's playthroughs on YouTube. He screams like a woman whenever he sees the monster or anything that startles him. He'll hide his face against the walls and breathlessly chant "Please don't see me please don't see me..." just before getting torn to pieces. It's great.

My all time favorite game is silent hill 2. It's just art. there's no other way to describe it. wonderfully, artistically crafted psychological style of horror, emphasizing atmosphere that even 11 years later, really make you feel immersed in the experience. Some of the best and deepest uses of symbolism ive ever seen. and also probably the most beautiful and powerful stories iv ever witnessed in a video game. The game is basically a visual metaphor for the protagonist venturing deep into his own mind to uncover the truth about himself. a dark truth that he has successfully repressed. Its also is the thing ive seen where the main character is the protagonist and antagonist as the same time. The antagonist is a reflection of the part of himself that he had repressed. hence why he wears a helmet to mask his identity and performs acts reminiscent of the lead characters "true" nature.

A close contender is the Ecco the Dolphin series on the Sega genesis. One of the best examples of why I prefer older games to newer ones, generally speaking. Before games were so mainstream, there was just so much more creative freedom. The game industry has become so big now that there's a lot more riding on sales. everything has to be created with the idea of "whats going to appeal to the most amount of people" The game really does a great job of creating feelings through music and graphics, which is especially impressive because of the extreme limitations of the hardware it was developed on. but regardless, you truly feel this genuine sense of loneliness and isolation as you search for your family that that was abducted by a freak storm during the games intro Ecco is a game that will really take you by surprise. on the surface it seems like a "cute kids game about dolphins" in reality it ends up an amazingly creative adventure about finding clues left by an ancient race that eventually lead you to finish a war that they were involved with against an alien species. this species feeds upon earth every 500 years for a harvest (which was really what the "freak storm" was) because of having used up all of their natural resources. it explains that since every feeding increases in size, eventually all life will be harvested unless something is done.

Phychonauts on the Xbox. I feel like phychonauts combines the creativity of retro games with the capabilities of modern hardware. I feel like it was overlooked due to coming out during the FPS explosion. awesomely creative artistic direction, great characters, fun story (and believe or not, the plot centering around trying to save people from literally sneezing their brains out has nothing to do with why I like it.)

Other honorable mentions are final fantasys 4, 6, and 7. old mario and sonic games. the parappa the rapper series and other goofy rhythem games in the same vein. the spyro games. half-life 2, dark seed.

Ok, I have to get this game.

So many people here love scary games, I love it!! One of my favorite games is FEAR 3, because it's just badass :D Alma is awesome and I LOVE Point Man and Fettel <3333 The story line is amazing and the controls all make sense and are easy to use. It's a first person shooter horror game, and it's amazing. Definitely recommend it, the whole series :) My other favorite game of all time is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. I can NEVER get enough of that game, it's just an absolute masterpiece!! I love most of the Zelda series, but my absolute favorite will always be OoT <33333

I'm not a fan of scary games, something about them keeps me up at night. Never played any of the FEAR games and probably never will. I do enjoy shooters, racing, RPG, fighting, and the ever popular action/adventure games. Basically everything. I don't play or own any PC games besides roller coaster tycoon 3. I just love to build them roller coasters. At the start of this thread I told you guys which games were my favorite, Uncharted series, and batman arkham asylum/city, but I never explained why I love them.

I loved the Uncharted games because it was like playing a movie, giving the player a true cinematic experience. Good voice acting, good graphics, and good game play to make an all around great game series.

Batman Arkham Aslyum/City was just an awesome game to play. They put so many batman villains into these two games and had one story line to follow. No breaking off into side stories or anything like that. It was just amazing. I especially loved Mark Hamill's performance as the Joker and Kevin Conroy will always be the best at voicing the batman, in my opinion those two will always be the best. Sadly Mark Hamill has decided to say goodbye to his role and won't be returning to voice the Joker.

I... have a thing for survival horror games. Amnesia: The Dark Descent and the Penumbra-series... the Half-Life mods Afraid of Monsters and Cry of Fear... Nightmare House... some of the Silent Hill games (far from all of them, but a couple)... I can't help it, I'm just deeply fascinated by the whole thing.

Oh yeah, and I also really love Machinarium and Limbo. Pretty puzzle games are pretty.

I'm currently playing Skyrim. I'm on my second character, a really really ugly Nord who is a Complete Monster...or at least as much as I can be. Daedra quests really help. :P On my original character I couldn't complete the main quest because of a glitch, but now I completed it and am on the Thieves Guild and doing Daedra quests. Daedra are awesome. :P Still haven't played Dawnguard but that'll be next after I'm done with the Theivs Guild. Oblivion was really good too. :) Haven't played any of the other Elder Scrolls games and haven't played much of Fallout 3.

Some of my other favorite games from this current generation are the Mass Effect trilogy, Dead Space 1 and 2, Cave Story, Plants vs Zombies, Megaman 9 and 10, Assault Heroes 1 and 2, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, New Super Mario Bros Wii and the DS one.

Favorite games from previous generations would be Breakdown, Jade Empire, Duke Nukem 3D, Goldeneye for Nintendo 64, The Suffering, Super Mario Bros 1-3 and Mario World, Zelda 1 and 2 (never played any of the ones after the original 8 bit Nintendo era), and Super Metroid.

For now, for always, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. heart.gifwub.png Link is boyfriend. But don't tell all my other boyfriends.

Archived