Sneeze Fetish Forum

Do you find it embarrassing to blow your nose in public?

blum

When I am in public (university etc.), I see many people who blow their noses very often and others who seem to avoid it absolutely when people are around them. What about you?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm definitely embarrassed to blow my nose in public. heh.gif I'm okay to wipe it, but when it comes to actual blowing I absolutely cannot do it with other people around. Even though I know it wouldn't be a big deal, considering it's not unusual to see someone do that, but I just don't feel comfortable. :P

I will never ever ever ever EVER blow my nose in front of anyone. I'll use a tissue to wipe it if I absolutely have too, but even then I try to be quick and discreet. But if I have to blow my nose, I will go out into the far corner of the garage to ensure that no one in my household hears me. If in public, I'll go to the restroom and turn on the hand dryer. I will always find a place to hide.

I will never ever ever ever EVER blow my nose in front of anyone. I'll use a tissue to wipe it if I absolutely have too, but even then I try to be quick and discreet. But if I have to blow my nose, I will go out into the far corner of the garage to ensure that no one in my household hears me. If in public, I'll go to the restroom and turn on the hand dryer. I will always find a place to hide.

Same here, I would never ever blow my nose in public!

For me it depends on the situation. When I have a cold, it's REALLY embarrassing for me to blow my nose in front of people, and I'll go to the bathroom to do it. Even if people are in there, at least they can't see me. xD When I just have to blow my nose because of allergies or something, I can do that in front of people because the sound isn't as loud or repelling to the people around me, and I can be quicker about it. Even then, I don't like to do it in class when I'm elbow to elbow with people.

God, no! I'm way too embarrassed, I even get embarrassed when other people do it! Wahhhh! *runs away*

(This is my 321st post! haha)

Yea I'm embarrassed to blow my nose in public too. I either go into the bathroom or another room by myself to blow my nose.

For me it depends on the situation. I don't mind blowing my nose in front of strangers or even a few close friends. But in front of my family... No way! I know it sounds strange but that's just how I am.

• 1 month later...

I can blow mine in public only if I'm sure I can do it quietly. ( if Im not to congested) Other than that, absolutely not. It draws to much attention imo & I have this fear that ppl will perceive me as gross.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can blow mine in public only if I'm sure I can do it quietly. ( if Im not to congested) Other than that, absolutely not. It draws to much attention imo & I have this fear that ppl will perceive me as gross.

But what will you du when you`re too congested? Sniffling or snorting it up?

I used to find it very embarrasing, now still a bit sometimes depending on where I am. But most of the time I will pull my hankie and blow !

C

Yes! Oh my goodness, yes. I mean...for a while there when I was little I'd only ever wipe my nose in public and not really ever blow it unless I was by myself (and since my own congestion used to wake me up when I was little, I'd be in the bathroom at, like, 3 in the morning blowing my nose with toilet paper. xD) I usually don't except when I absolutely have to, and that's only ever happened twice- when I was in 6th grade and my allergies were off-the-wall bad, and on Thursday.

I had to finally bite the bullet and do it, which was really uncomfortable and did next to nothing, but oh well. You win some, you lose some, I suppose. :P

I really don't mind blowing my nose in public. My nose blows are fairly quiet, which means they don't attract much attention.

• 5 months later...

I'm definitely embarrassed to blow my nose in public. heh.gif I'm okay to wipe it, but when it comes to actual blowing I absolutely cannot do it with other people around. Even though I know it wouldn't be a big deal, considering it's not unusual to see someone do that, but I just don't feel comfortable. tonguesmiley.gif

Before l came to the Forum,l was exactly like you are now.Now l'll even use a handkerchief on a fairly crowded train,a busy restaurant etc. Not always--when l don't,but should,the presence of others is a factor. If l'm only within eyeshot of women are there aren't many,l'm fairly comfortable using a ladies' handkerchief.The Forum has been so liberating thanks to the terrific posters.

The whole issue is so emotionally-charged for fetishists,that it's good to remember that to most people who would see you blowing really don't care and won't remember in 5 minutes anyway.Women using handkerchieves get more good looks than bad,and it's a truly sexy thing to see one used.Melt.Period.

The whole issue is so emotionally-charged for fetishists,that it's good to remember that to most people who would see you blowing really don't care and won't remember in 5 minutes anyway.

I can attest to this... Even as someone with a closely related fetish, I hear so many sneezes on a daily basis, but most of them tend to go in one ear and out the other (save for the possibility that they might lead to a blow :) ) How much more so for a non-fetishist, I would imagine?

Maybe I need to start paying more attention! :laugh:

When I was younger, I wasn't ever able to blow my nose in public, cuz I was way too embarrassed, but since my Junior year I sit next to this girl who is, like me, embarrassed about doing it and she told me, so now we have this deal, where we always blow our noses at the same time and then we usually start laughing and I'm not embarrassed anymore! That's been really liberating for me, even though she doesn't know about my fetish and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have it!! Oh, and if one of us doesn't happen to have a stuffy nose, then that person has to cough or make another loud noise, while the other one has time to blow! :)

I have social anxiety so anything that draws attention to me really freaks me out. I usually leave the room to blow my nose because I always get funny looks and I feel like I can't blow as hard as I want too. T~T

• 2 weeks later...

I can't blow my nose in front of anyone I know. I find that hideously embarrassing. I would rather wipe my nose with my sleeve, or even sniff loudly and congestedly. I guess it just feels like such a choice and a commitment to actually blow my nose--as though I am officially acknowledging the state of my sinuses. It's actually worse for me than sneezing too. I guess with sneezing, I don't feel quite as awkward because no one could say that I chose to sneeze, whereas I have to take action to blow my nose.

However, in the last few years, I have practiced blowing my nose in public when there is no one around that I know. It's still cringe-y, but I can do it as long as no one seems to be paying attention. I practiced a lot in college in the library, computer lab, school bathrooms, etc. But I always carefully surveyed my surroundings to make sure I didn't recognize anyone.

Archived