Sneeze Fetish Forum

Do you find it embarrassing to blow your nose in public?

blum

I can't blow my nose in front of anyone I know. I find that hideously embarrassing. I would rather wipe my nose with my sleeve, or even sniff loudly and congestedly. I guess it just feels like such a choice and a commitment to actually blow my nose--as though I am officially acknowledging the state of my sinuses. It's actually worse for me than sneezing too. I guess with sneezing, I don't feel quite as awkward because no one could say that I chose to sneeze, whereas I have to take action to blow my nose.

However, in the last few years, I have practiced blowing my nose in public when there is no one around that I know. It's still cringe-y, but I can do it as long as no one seems to be paying attention. I practiced a lot in college in the library, computer lab, school bathrooms, etc. But I always carefully surveyed my surroundings to make sure I didn't recognize anyone.

That's pretty much how l started being more public about using handkerchieves for blowing.A little at a time.Stores are good because the shoppers are kind of scattered randomly.If you're walking toward a lot of people you can always turn left or right and try a quieter aisle or section.Places where nobody knows you is helpful too.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't blow my nose in front of anyone I know. I find that hideously embarrassing. I would rather wipe my nose with my sleeve, or even sniff loudly and congestedly. I guess it just feels like such a choice and a commitment to actually blow my nose--as though I am officially acknowledging the state of my sinuses. It's actually worse for me than sneezing too. I guess with sneezing, I don't feel quite as awkward because no one could say that I chose to sneeze, whereas I have to take action to blow my nose.

However, in the last few years, I have practiced blowing my nose in public when there is no one around that I know. It's still cringe-y, but I can do it as long as no one seems to be paying attention. I practiced a lot in college in the library, computer lab, school bathrooms, etc. But I always carefully surveyed my surroundings to make sure I didn't recognize anyone.

That's pretty much how l started being more public about using handkerchieves for blowing.A little at a time.Stores are good because the shoppers are kind of scattered randomly.If you're walking toward a lot of people you can always turn left or right and try a quieter aisle or section.Places where nobody knows you is helpful too.The more you blow within eye shot of others the more you get used to it ,to a degree.At some point you'll likely turn a corner and some days or some times,you'll really be less bothered by it.The way you described the problem was so sweet.

MissyLovesSneezes

It's embarrassing. I blow my nose one nostril at a time, and loud. Very loud after an allergy fit. But the alternative is staying stuffed up and having trouble breathing, so I have to

I am embarrassed, but I hate to sniff because I don't want to bother anyone, so I have to suck it up. I got yelled at by a teacher once for blowing my nose, so now I'm super embarrassed. I'm trying not to attract attention in school. XD

MissyLovesSneezes

I am embarrassed, but I hate to sniff because I don't want to bother anyone, so I have to suck it up. I got yelled at by a teacher once for blowing my nose, so now I'm super embarrassed. I'm trying not to attract attention in school. XD

That's not right, you need to blow your nose, it's not like you do it to purposely annoy anyone

Well, I guess I phrased that wrong. She yelled at me for facing the class(I was in the back of the room watching her write on the board so I wouldn't miss anything, the other kids WERE facing front until she called me out on it!) and she was like "no one wants to watch you do that, turn around!". I wanted to cry from embarrassment. So now I worry if I'm blowing my nose wrong.(is that even POSSIBLE?)

Well, I guess I phrased that wrong. She yelled at me for facing the class(I was in the back of the room watching her write on the board so I wouldn't miss anything, the other kids WERE facing front until she called me out on it!) and she was like "no one wants to watch you do that, turn around!". I wanted to cry from embarrassment. So now I worry if I'm blowing my nose wrong.(is that even POSSIBLE?)

Believe me it wasn't you--what a pathetic way for a teacher to treat a kid.People blow their noses all the time-big deal.Blow when you want and enjoy it too.

That was really uncalled for; that teacher shouldn't have said it. If you were at the back of the classroom anyway, why does it matter if you were facing the front?

As for me, I can't even wipe my nose in front of my family. I do in front of my friends, because they know I use a handkerchief and none of them have said anything about it, but I don't think I could actually blow my nose properly in front of anyone.

I could never do this in front of people. I don't like for people to see me sick or for my nose to run around other people. I don't mind sneezing around other people, though. I enjoy sneezing.

And blowing my own nose is actually a major turn-on.

I always have to do it alone, I find it so embarrassing around other people but I actually enjoy doing it. So usually I'll go to the toilet/wait till no one is home until I have to blow. I'm one of those annoying serial snifflers :D

I always have to do it alone, I find it so embarrassing around other people but I actually enjoy doing it. So usually I'll go to the toilet/wait till no one is home until I have to blow. I'm one of those annoying serial snifflers biggrin.png

Betcha the time will come when you DO enjoy it when others see you blowing.I was very repressed for a long time and handkerchief use was very limited.Lol-no more-now l take every opportunity.Try it somewhere where no one knows you.

Yes I never blow my nose in public.. Unless it's a vid for people who get it hehe..

OMG! l would love a video of that.

I hate it, and try my best not to do it.

I'm mortified to blow my nose in front of anyone, I will always go into the farthest room and do it.

Missy, I have been doing it lately, because I've needed to, but I still hate it. Under normal circumstances, I'd rather sniff or sniffle, or else just wait until I can be alone.

I used to be totally embarrassed about blowing my nose in public and would avoid it at all costs, but these days I don't mind at all. No idea what changed my mind, especially since I still am kind of embarrassed to sneeze in public. I guess I've gotten braver? :P

• 5 months later...

I used to be absolutely mortified about blowing my nose in front of people; whatever the circumstances, I simply would not let it happen. I've suffered from fall and spring allergies ever since I was a kid, and I can remember using a hall pass many times just to hurry to the bathroom to blow my nose. I wanted to sink into a hole in the floor every time a, well...productive sneeze would catch me by surprise, and having to conceal the mess with one hand while shuffling to the bathroom.

Now things are a bit different, but only due to necessity. I teach high school, so obviously I can't rush to the bathroom every time I need to blow my nose. My allergies have become progressively worse over the years, and I get colds every so often, but now I just think of what will happen if I don't blow my nose at all; it would not be pretty, to say the least. I keep my own box of tissues on my desk, and use them when I need to. One thing that still weirds me out is making direct eye contact with someone while blowing my nose.

I'm not embarrassed at all, i love doing it, it gives me a little thrill and you never know i might meet someone who likes the same things as me if i do it.

• 1 month later...

I find it horrendously embarrassing. Honestly, I think the utmost sign of confidence is someone who can blow their nose in class. I'd never, ever be able to do that. I hate people looking at me generally so that would be a definite no. I always wait until I'm in my house or I hide out in the toilets provided they're empty. If they're not, I just hide in the cubicle until whoever could possibly have heard me as left.

I find it horrendously embarrassing. Honestly, I think the utmost sign of confidence is someone who can blow their nose in class. I'd never, ever be able to do that. I hate people looking at me generally so that would be a definite no. I always wait until I'm in my house or I hide out in the toilets provided they're empty. If they're not, I just hide in the cubicle until whoever could possibly have heard me as left.

^ this!!! Like i remember being really sick a bad headcold so i didnt wanna bother anyone so i got up and sneezed and blew my nose in the bathroom was empty.(i was in college so i could just walk out) I do the same at home.

• 2 weeks later...

Fear of embarrassment while using a handkerchief use to be a big deal,but now l'll take one out to use almost anyhere.

That is totally embarrassing! What if snot is left on the tip of your nose and you have to attend an important event or meeting?

And people would keep on staring at you without you knowing why.

Then you would start thinking that maybe those people just liked the way you look or talk and find out when you look in the mirror that it was your snot that is calling everyone's attention. LOL

Archived