Sneeze Fetish Forum

Old movies with colds

Hedgehog

Since I'd love for this thread to still be active (especially if other people post with movies I haven't heard of before), I'm bumping it to bring up a sneeze scene in a movie that most of us are probably aware of, but I might as well discuss it here.

In the 1967 version of Dr. Dolittle, the story of a man who's learned how to talk to animals and thus acts as an animal vet, one of the major incidents that leads Dolittle down this path is when a bunch of people come to his house and are off-put by his eccentric ways. One of the guests is a man who repeatedly sneezes throughout the scene, possibly due to animal allergies. Though when some wacky hijinks ensue, he somehow ends up holding an armful of flowers, with some predictable results, so maybe he's just meant to be allergic to all the usual suspects.

It's a small scene, but it's stuck with me for all these years, probably for obvious reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wig_Powder

• Bluebird

• James

• Hedgehog

Howdy! I come bearing a clip from one of the movies listed in this topic that I, to my knowledge, have never seen archived anywhere. Possibly due to lack of reliable script access (and by extension, ability to be researched.) That would be:

1955- Gentlemen Marry Brunettes (Jane Russell)

But! I decided to revisit the search for this one tonight, and finally got it! It truly is a quick little moment in the grand scheme of things. Still, I want to share it. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QGxn4-wUiL1-I_mTpJc5kmTIvt1V2Rjf/view?usp=drivesdk

• 3 months later...

Surprise find while browsing captions! May I introduce you all to 1963's The Old Dark House.

All male, from chill. The first one is definitely the best, IMO. First starts right at the time-stamp (34:40), followed by three later on: 1:04:44, 1:04:50, & 1:06:33.

No idea if this is a detail carried over from the original, but it's certainly here!

Edited by Bluebird
  • 1 year later...

Bumping this thread because I found an absolutely glorious moment in the 1977 movie The Duellists (which you can watch free with ads on Youtube at present). The whole premise of the movie centers around two men who have a rivalry that compells them to fight duels repeatedly over the course of the Napoleonic wars, which anyone who has some familiarity with me knows is already right up my alley. As they're gearing up to begin the second duel, it's temporarily halted so that one of the men can withdraw a handkerchief and sneeze into it. While a bit random, I certainly wasn't going to complain...

...And then said character gets injured in the duel, and the next scene has him bandaged up, soaking in a bath, with a woman kneeling by his side trying to take care of him, and he's talking in a congested voice the whole time. And just as it hits you that the implication is that he went out to fight the duel while sick, he announces that he has to sneeze, followed by a desperate attempt by both parties to keep the sneeze back so he doesn't further injure himself. Sadly, this does not involve the classic "finger under the nose" trick, though if it had, I think I might have spontaneously combusted.

In short, this scene contains illness, caretaking, handkerchiefs, a form of holdback, stoicism/chivalry, and general whump. It's like the scene was tailor made for me, and I hope my calling attention to it brings joy to other like-minded fetishists.

On 2/13/2024 at 5:44 PM, Wig_Powder said:

Bumping this thread because I found an absolutely glorious moment in the 1977 movie The Duellists (which you can watch free with ads on Youtube at present). The whole premise of the movie centers around two men who have a rivalry that compells them to fight duels repeatedly over the course of the Napoleonic wars, which anyone who has some familiarity with me knows is already right up my alley. As they're gearing up to begin the second duel, it's temporarily halted so that one of the men can withdraw a handkerchief and sneeze into it. While a bit random, I certainly wasn't going to complain...

...And then said character gets injured in the duel, and the next scene has him bandaged up, soaking in a bath, with a woman kneeling by his side trying to take care of him, and he's talking in a congested voice the whole time. And just as it hits you that the implication is that he went out to fight the duel while sick, he announces that he has to sneeze, followed by a desperate attempt by both parties to keep the sneeze back so he doesn't further injure himself. Sadly, this does not involve the classic "finger under the nose" trick, though if it had, I think I might have spontaneously combusted.

In short, this scene contains illness, caretaking, handkerchiefs, a form of holdback, stoicism/chivalry, and general whump. It's like the scene was tailor made for me, and I hope my calling attention to it brings joy to other like-minded fetishists.

Thank you for sharing this scene! Definitely sharing in the "might have spontaneously combusted" experience. :blushing: His initial sidelong look when she touches his face then strokes his hair? The line "I wasn't well"? The way he says "No question" without any hesitation? The half-strangled cough as he tries to speak past the urgently approaching sneeze? YES, PLEASE. Glorious is right.