#fetishproblems

zorakio2

On 3/14/2016 at 11:00 PM, SpamKey said:

"What are you writing?"
"What are you reading?"

Me: "Uh... Nothing."

#fetishproblems

^^^^^This

Writing fetish RP replies and pretending to your spouse that all the typing noises are for some "personal" fanfic that you will never share or publish.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• I love Alan Rickman

• Chanel_no5

• CeruleanBlue

• Kaze Wo Hiku

Oh my gosh, same. I'll talk to my sister (who doesn't know about my fetish) in general terms about fics I'm writing, but she keeps asking where I post them, and I can't tell her, obviously, so I keep having to lie (which btw I am terrible at) that I put them on AO3 or something. #fetishproblems

Also, I went out with my parents and my brother yesterday and they all have really bad hay fever (I normally have it pretty badly too, but for some reason it's passed me by so far this year, touch wood), so they were all just sneezing and blowing their noses constantly (and my mum blows her nose so loudly, it really bothers me) and I was there just hyper-aware of it but really bugged out. Ugh. #fetishproblems #again

On 13/3/2016 at 4:00 AM, SpamKey said:

"What are you writing?"
"What are you reading?"

Me: "Uh... Nothing."

#fetishproblems

THIS.

"What's all that typing?"

"I'm just taking some notes on an idea I had so I don't forget...yup...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!"

Except my partner has known about my fetish for years and it is very much a part of our lives but I still have this secret other side that fantasizes about fictional characters sometimes and I-a grown-ass woman in a stable relationship of several years-am way too embarassed to admit that to him.  Go freakin' figure. :laugh: #fetishand/ormyweirdbrainproblems

10 minutes ago, SleepingPhlox said:

THIS.

"What's all that typing?"

"I'm just taking some notes on an idea I had so I don't forget...yup...that's my story and I'm sticking to it!"

Except my partner has known about my fetish for years and it is very much a part of our lives but I still have this secret other side that fantasizes about fictional characters sometimes and I-a grown-ass woman in a stable relationship of several years-am way too embarassed to admit that to him.  Go freakin' figure. :laugh: #fetishand/ormyweirdbrainproblems

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Applying the fetish to real life bedroom situations is one thing, but to openly admit that I spend more time than I probably should writing and reading sneezy scenarios? Sometimes you just need something that's just yours. 

Hoping the tone of voice you adopt to casually reply to the person you're dating saying, "Sorry, I'm all hay fever-y and gross today" is normal and not something that only dogs can hear.

StaraiRoalanstjay
On 02/02/2016 at 1:42 PM, abigailwatson said:

I just read through all 9 pages of these and agree with so many of them! Love this thread.

When you work with kids and the word "sneeze" seems to come up all the damn time #fetishproblems

I literally had to fake a sneeze with one kid I worked with. I had to ask, "What did I do?" and his goal was to answer "You sneezed." :uhhuh::uhhuh:

Um... Why? 

I'm not trying to be horrible, I'm genuinely confused as to why you had to fake sneeze for a kid. 

9 hours ago, StaraiRoalanstjay said:

Um... Why? 

I'm not trying to be horrible, I'm genuinely confused as to why you had to fake sneeze for a kid. 

My only expertise on this matter is that my mother is an elementary school teacher, but sometimes people who work with kids who have trouble reading other people (e.g. somewhere on the autism spectrum) might have to fake a sneeze, since part of their jobs is teaching kids how to recognize and properly respond to various social situations; such as, what to do when someone sneezes.

However, this may be completely wrong. But that's just one potential explanation.

StaraiRoalanstjay
9 hours ago, SpamKey said:

My only expertise on this matter is that my mother is an elementary school teacher, but sometimes people who work with kids who have trouble reading other people (e.g. somewhere on the autism spectrum) might have to fake a sneeze, since part of their jobs is teaching kids how to recognize and properly respond to various social situations; such as, what to do when someone sneezes.

However, this may be completely wrong. But that's just one potential explanation.

Ah yes, autistic kids, that would be a good explanation.  

When you have a dream that a character you love sneezes, but then you wake up to realize there is no actual footage of them sneezing at all.

Also

When you search the internet for hours trying to find a certain celebrity or character sneeze, and you have no luck with finding anything. All you receive is genuine disappointment.

Just now, smmoct3 said:

When you have a dream that a character you love sneezes, but then you wake up to realize there is no actual footage of them sneezing at all.

Also

When you search the internet for hours trying to find a certain celebrity or character sneeze, and you have no luck with finding anything. All you receive is genuine disappointment.

And when you try to forget this bad luck but are promptly reminded by posts like these. :P (not criticising you, just an observation. :lol: )

11 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

And when you try to forget this bad luck but are promptly reminded by posts like these. :P (not criticising you, just an observation. :lol: )

That's so true though. :razz:

I thought of some more. One is similar to a post above:

When someone asks "what are you watching.?" ...I mean how do you get out of that? 

When a family member decides to be nosy and comes up to your laptop and sees what your doing, so you immediately have to minimize the tab you're on. @ my younger brother... like come on dude let me be.

When you think that every little tickle in your nose might be the sign of an allergy #fetishproblems

Sitting here next to hubby we're both on our phones, he starts watching something where a girl begins sneezing. I subtly look out my peripheral vision but say nothing. Video doesn't interest him so he closed it. I can't bring myself to ask what he was watching briefly. #fetishproblems

Some people (*squints at mother*) feel the overwhelming urge to comment on EVERY SNEEZE that EVER happens in the house with a "Chew." or something along the lines. *shudder* 

I mean, she does this every each time. And every each time I yell inside me head "YOU DON'T NEED TO COMMENT EVERY EACH ONE." And the ciiiiircle of the curse goes on :P

#fetishproblems

On 6/5/2016 at 6:58 AM, Bruyere said:

Hoping the tone of voice you adopt to casually reply to the person you're dating saying, "Sorry, I'm all hay fever-y and gross today" is normal and not something that only dogs can hear.

omg this.

and:

feeling SO conflicted when the person you're dating says they're all sneezy and getting sick, because you simultaneously feel sorry for them and hope they get better asap... but also feel really excited that you'll get lots of sneezes when you hang out ...... (am i bad person lol) :laugh2::SMILIE_AV_VISA_CITY:  #FETISHPROBLEMS

• 2 weeks later...

When someone asks for a tissue and you're waiting for them to nlow their nose but it turns out that they only have to wipe something or wipe their hands

#FetishistProblems

When you search for a sickfic of your favourite character and you foud one you've never read before and get excited but then they only have a stomach bug but if they do have a cold there's only coughing and no sneezing

OR

You search for a sneezefic but you read ALL of them at least a thousand times

#FetishProblems

On 6/6/2016 at 3:22 AM, SpamKey said:

I thought it was because little kids think sneezing is funny for some reason, so a mom faking a sneeze would be doing it to amuse the kid or calm them down or something.  :fear: And since little kids think sneezing is so funny, it might also be why they like to fake sneeze at various times and won't shut up about it. :fear: A fetish problem I mentioned before, I know. But it might also be why there's so much sneezing in kids books and shows aimed at kids, another fetish problem. :fear::fear: Though teaching kids how to handle germs, sickness, and to cover their mouths when they sneeze is a good thing, of course, and might also be why it's in some of the material that's aimed at little kids. Of course that is something that parents should teach the kids as well. :rolleyes:

And since little kids think sneezing is so funny, it might also be why they like to fake sneeze at various times and won't shut up about it

Jesus christ, this. I usually mentally delete such incidents as a non-factor, because whatever. It happens. However, at work a couple months back, I was talking with a family in a treatment room about their injured dog. The guy's daughter was with him, a maybe 5-6 year old kid who obviously was accustomed to being the center of attention, and absolutely could not stand that I was 90% of the time ignoring her to talk about the dog instead, so she started fake-sneezing loudly and consistently :|

Fortunately the grandmother shut her up quick but holy fuck you could not get me out of that room fast enough, the amount of squick horror. 

EDIT: I also used to volunteer at a nursing home where an elderly woman with dementia would do this, and it was a struggle not to vault out the nearest window. 

Edited by Garnet

When you're trying to get work done in a school computer lab that just so happens to have a bit of a dust problem and a girl across from you has repeated short fits because of it. And complains about it to her friend. Ability to focus = gone...

When you are somewhere in the public place and some guy sneezes, you want to concentrate on it and your friend/mom/any other person is talking to you and you just can't stop them... (or can't explain what are you listening to)

When you are staring at the guy you like and he still doesn't sneeze... And when you look somewhere else and he sneezes,  you are like ''WHAT I was waiting for this and you sneezed right after I stop looking at you''

When you're minding your own business in a public building and a group of girls walks in and after about a minute one says "I have really bad allergies so I shouldn’t stay outside" and your mind starts to wander...

When someone sneezes and they stare you done because you didn't say bless you. Like I don't say that. It's not that big of a deal I'm not God.

On 6/22/2016 at 1:02 PM, campari said:

When someone sneezes and they stare you done because you didn't say bless you. Like I don't say that. It's not that big of a deal I'm not God.

Ugggh I hate this; I don't normally bless people, and the ones who get upset about it are usually my FAMILY. UGG! You guys are lucky I'm still in the same room with you after you sneeze. Gross!

When a website that had some connection to sneezing (audio clip site, game featuring sneezing, etc) disappears from the internet, so you attempt to find it using the Wayback Machine, only it didn't preserve the sneezing parts.

This has happened to me at least twice this month.