Sneeze Fetish Forum

Spy Girls - A Comic Strip

SmokeyGhost

I like the way that expression came out too. I kind of handicapped myself. Looking at Anatoli's latest work I'm reminded of how well he does eyebrows and how important they are to a good sneeze related expression. So what did I do? Slapped a mask over my girl's eyebrows like an idiot. Fortunately I can show the mask flexed a bit and the idea comes across. But that mask is definitely coming off for Episode 2.

Oh, I hope you don't look at my pictures too much and get bad influences, I often feel like I don't know what I'm doing when I draw the expressions :) And I didn't even pay attention to the fact that the eyebrows aren't showing. Anyway this is coming along great, I like how you used the silhouette in the las pic and the close up of the nose is really nice as well.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh my goodness i LOVE the way you did her nose in the last panel there, it's incredible. That's like my favorite thing about the expression and you just captured it. pardon me i have to stare some more. bravo!

Oh yes! It's so beautiful! -squee-

Love those pictures. I really liked how much discomfort she still feels after that third sneeze in the panel where she turns her head away from the flower. And the small stare into space in the last picture is priceless. I can't wait for Episode 2, unless more is to come from this one.

This whole thing is just the gift that keeps on giving, isn't it? I'm excited not only for more sneezing, but also to find out what happens next.

Also, out of curiosity, did you create this character model yourself or did you find it somewhere online? I'm actually pretty impressed by how much facial control her nose has. I guess it would make sense for a character model like this, but I always feel like non-fetishists are going to skimp on details like that. Basically, if you made her yourself, that's awesome. If somebody else did, that's awesome for other reasons. xD

Ooh this brilliant! I know next to nothing about 3D modeling and this looks so good, it's epic. Much applause.

Well thanks to both of you. Right from the beginning I knew there were a lot of ways this story could go and I know people have their own preferences. The "desperately trying not to sneeze at all" scenario would have worked really well with this, for instance... I'm almost regretting not going that route with the way these expressions are turning out... but I wanted to do something else for this one. Hey, I called it "Spy Girls" for a reason, I guess :)

The model is based on Victoria 4 built by a company called Daz3d. She's actually about two generations behind their latest stuff, I've just used her for a while and feel pretty comfortable with what she can do and what she can't. (Plus 3D models aren't cheap.) It's the same model I used for the "Woman on Phone" animation in another thread on this forum, just with different textures and facial features. You're right, it is pretty amazing how much control you have and although "fetishy" stuff like the nose aren't given as much attention as other things, you still have a lot of options. Sometimes that's a bad thing. I could have spent 6 more months tweaking all of the expressions on page 6 and not felt like I had them perfect. As I've said in another thread, my motto this year is "learn to say 'good enough.'" :)

This is going great so far - the expressions are superb. Plus your writing of the sneezy discussion is great - can't wait to see what comes next :D

Interesting to know some background info, this 3d stuff is very interesting. We're enjoying this so as long as you're enjoying it too, please keep going!

Page 8 might be my favorite too. I can't even begin to express how cute it is the way she kicks up her leg when she sneezes. It makes her seem so helpless, and I really hope we'll get to see more little gestures like that in the future.

Page 7 shouldn't go without mention, however. The facial expressions are simply amazing. Poser comics frequently run into issues with the uncanny valley, but somehow you've managed to artfully avoid that major pitfall.

Also, I know you mentioned you were open to input before, though I don't know if that still holds true now that you've progressed some more. If you are, I just thought of something that could be really nice to see, and as it's just a pose it shouldn't get in the way of any story ideas you've had. Basically, just a nice frontal view of our lovely spy just as she's about to sneeze, with her head thrown back and her nose pointing up at the ceiling. It could work really well if you ever want to have her let out a particularly big sneeze, or if she really has to hold back in an attempt to hide. Still, totally up to you, and I won't mind one way or the other if you don't want to work it in.

I'm still as excited as ever to see what you come up with next!

I would love to see what Blah is suggesting, but if you don't think it'll fit into this story, putting in another one, or just a one-picture scene would be wonderful.

Heh. As I've gone along I've started to worry I was going to run out of ideas for unique angles to show things from. Great suggestion, I'll try to work that in.

Stellar, as always. Really loving the expressions on both pages. I think the last panel on page 9 might be my favorite in this update, mostly because it's such a unique view of a sneeze that we don't normally see in art.

I feel like I must say this every time, but it's really true: Can't wait to see what happens next time. I get the sense page 11 is going to be a great big sneeze, but regardless of what happens I can already tell it'll be awesome.

Thanks for sharing!

oh my god the interrupted speech bubbles with the hitching sound effects paired with that expression are magnifique. I am so excited for the next page.

I only know for sure for me, but I suspect everyone who does art or writes stories here feeds on feedback. So don't stop :) And I won't stop saying thanks to all of you for it.

Pre-sneeze expressions aren't really something I give a lot of notice in my personal brand of this fetish so I'm glad to hear I got it right.

I was going to do that "full head thrown back nose pointed at the ceiling" thing with that last panel but I can't seem to get it to look right. Probably an issue of lighting and camera angle, hopefully I'll stumble across the right combination as I'm doing these to pull that off. The thing is that even if you freeze frame an actual photo of someone doing it it can look a little wrong and unreal because you're not used to seeing it. When it's a photo or video you'll say "huh, I didn't know it would look like that." When it's something like this you'll just look at it and say "that looks wrong." So I'm wrestling with that.

• 2 weeks later...

Much appreciated! If anyone has worried that his has become a dead project... don't. I'm still working on it. I was hoping to get all of episode one done before the holidays hit but, as the poem goes, "the best laid plans o' mice and men gang aft agley." I think I'm going to end up ganging pretty seriously agley with that particular part of the plan, but I haven't lost interest, there's definitely more to come :)

I don't normally like comics or drawings of sneeze material but this is great man. The angles and the way you are laying the storyline is just captivating. Looking forward to the next page.

Archived