Sneeze Fetish Forum

Star Wars Movie Thread

NoV

I've seen Episode VII twice now and I am full on Kylo Ren garbage... I REALLY REALLY hate him for spoilery reasons but god, he's beautiful. And that nose. I'm waiting for the sneezefics to pour on in, though I'll probably end up writing one myself.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*creeps in from out of the shadows*

Hi. I'm Kylo Ren trash.

I've written fiction. Lots of it. I don't want to post it an environment as public as this, but if anyone would like to read it, message me and I'll hand it over privately to anyone who is interested. ;)

I'm also 110% willing to do other Kylo Ren fic desires for art trades, if that's your pleasure.

K, bye!

*descends back into the trash heap!*

I was avoiding this thread like the plague until I had a chance to see the movie, because I didn't want to be spoiled on anything. Now that I've finally seen it, I can peek in :biggrinsmiley:

I went into this movie with a cautious optimism, because I remember how disappointed I was after seeing The Phantom Menace at the theater 16 years ago. I definitely wasn't disappointed this time! I thought everything about it was done really well - The special effects were fantastic, I really liked all of the new characters, and the dialogue was leaps and bounds better than the prequels. I do agree with F'lump on how many elements of this movie parallel A New Hope- which I kind of liked, but just-a-little-bit disliked. I thought that in some ways, they were almost too similar, and I would have enjoyed a little more originality on some points. But overall, I really enjoyed this! And (unlike last time) it got me really pumped about seeing the next one!

I saw the movie on New Year's and was SO RELIEVED that it was actually good. I of course fell immediately in love with Adam Driver and his beautiful nose (and voice, and body...). Everyone should be writing fic about him! I also ship him with Rey, but I know not everyone loves that idea so I'll just sit over here in the corner.

I keep thinking Adam/Kylo's sneeze would be like, really deep and powerful...gaaahhhh

I can't wait a year and a half for the next one!

I went into this movie with a cautious optimism, because I remember how disappointed I was after seeing The Phantom Menace at the theater 16 years ago. I definitely wasn't disappointed this time! I thought everything about it was done really well - The special effects were fantastic, I really liked all of the new characters, and the dialogue was leaps and bounds better than the prequels.

I totally agree, I loved this new movie. The combination of so many nods to the original trilogy, as well as things that felt quite new.

I think this was what everyone hoped would happen when the franchise was finally taken away from George Lucas' control. Lucas had a great idea in concieving it but he made SO many shitty decisions with those prequels. The story of Anakin turning to the dark side was a huge missed opportunity in my opinion. I'm hoping we're going to get a little of that back with the character of Kylo Ren.

• 2 months later...

I've changed the title of this thread after watching the 'Rogue One' trailer today, so that it could serve as a place for discussion all things Star Wars!:starwars:

I wasn't holding out much hope for the Star Wars Anthology movies, but I was pleasantly surprised by the trailer for 'Rogue One'. Not 100% sold on the dialogue but great to see the traditional designs for Stormtroopers, Star Destroyers, etc. back again. What do you think...?  

Some of the dialog reminds me a bit too much of the YA slog we've been getting in the movies lately, but otherwise I think I'm actually just as excited for this as I was for The Force Awakens. The actress playing Mon Mothma, holy crap that was perfect casting. I'm also really glad they didn't show him in the trailer, but I think it would be sick if Darth Vader appears, not as the main villain, but almost as more of an implacable movie monster who eats heroes for breakfast.

• 4 months later...

Any opinions on the new Rogue One trailer released yesterday?

I have to say I am really, really liking the visuals but still not sold on the dialogue we've heard so far. It seems a little stilted and choppy, but this could just be the trailer format - maybe it will flow and be a little more fun when in the actual movie.

Love the upside down Death Star :lol: 

I'm not a big Star Wars fan myself.  :awesum:

Seriously, I tend to be a purist and focus mostly on the three originals from the late 70s and early 80s.  Having said that, I have come around on the three prequels and though I was not in love with Episode VII (but didn't hate it either) I will wait until the other two are released before I make my final judgment on it.

As for Rogue One, I remember when I was a teenager (a long ago, in a galaxy far, far away) the Expanded Universe dealt with the theft of the Death Star plans are least twice:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kyle_Katarn

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bria_Tharen

That's just for reference.  No biggie.  The new Disney movies are obviously only based on Lucas' six films.  Agreed with your take on the trailer.  And anything with a glimpse of Darth Vader is always going to make me...  :woot2:

• 4 months later...

What are people's thoughts on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story?

I really enjoyed it, particularly the bits that tied in with A New Hope towards the end of the movie. The final third was particularly spectacular, and without going into spoilers, the scene in the corridor is something most Star Wars fans have wanted to see in a long time!

4/5 IMHO.  

• 2 weeks later...

I finally saw Rogue One last night, and I absolutely loved it! I actually liked it (just a little) better than TFA, to be honest.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:47 AM, NoV said:

What are people's thoughts on Rogue One: A Star Wars Story?

I really enjoyed it, particularly the bits that tied in with A New Hope towards the end of the movie. The final third was particularly spectacular, and without going into spoilers, the scene in the corridor is something most Star Wars fans have wanted to see in a long time!

4/5 IMHO.  

I 100% agree with everything you said here, NoV.  That scene that you are talking about in the corridor was Epic. (the word 'epic' kind of annoys me because of the way it gets thrown around, lol.  But that scene really was epic, imo.) I really liked all the new characters, and I particularly liked Forest Whitaker's Saw Gerrera and the Chirrut Imwe/ Baze Melbus duo.  And it was really cool seeing some of the minor characters from the original trilogy being tied back in as well. 

I've talked to a couple people who were a little less enthusiastic over this movie than I am, and I think that's partly because of because of some of the uh, not-so-happy things that ultimately occur in the movie (man, it's REALLY hard to talk about this without spoilers). But, I thought it was fantastic. I thought the special effects were great too (although CGI Tarkin seemed a little odd). But I especially loved the visual effects at the end, during the scenes centering around Scarif.

I would probably give it a 4.5/5.

• 9 months later...

So its been officially confirmed that we will have a second trailer for 'The Last Jedi' tomorrow night (or early Tuesday morning here in the UK). I am actually really quite excited :D Can't wait to see what Rian Johnson has done with the Star Wars franchise!   

• 2 weeks later...

The trailer's pretty good...though, the porgs are an odd addition.  And I could see the whole...

Spoiler

Trying to kill Leia thing.

ending up being awkward, since...well, y'know.

Still, looking forward to this.

Archived