Sneeze Fetish Forum

Forum Upgrade Issues

High on Lullabies

So, I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but any of the topics that contain YouTube links are trying to embed the videos into the page and on one's that have multiple links per page the site keeps crashing for me when I try to load them.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kaze wo hiku said:

Am I blind or is there no way to access the chat from the mobile site?

If you go to the menu on the right, click browse, then click chat and it'll take you to the chat room. 

11 hours ago, flyingcukes said:

If you go to the menu on the right, click browse, then click chat and it'll take you to the chat room. 

Thank you!

I checked one of my old stories and noticed that the formatting was messed up as well. It wasn't just the stories themselves, but multiparagraph responses to comments had no spacing between the paragraphs either. Huge blocks of text like that are very hard to read, and I'd hate to leave my old stories like that, but I definitely don't have the energy right now(and won't for the foreseeable future) to go back and fix everything. I hope something can be done to fix the old posts. If not, I'll probably just wallow in the shame of knowing that my stories are in such a state.

12 hours ago, Shayla said:

I checked one of my old stories and noticed that the formatting was messed up as well. It wasn't just the stories themselves, but multiparagraph responses to comments had no spacing between the paragraphs either. Huge blocks of text like that are very hard to read, and I'd hate to leave my old stories like that, but I definitely don't have the energy right now(and won't for the foreseeable future) to go back and fix everything. I hope something can be done to fix the old posts. If not, I'll probably just wallow in the shame of knowing that my stories are in such a state.

Same here with my old stories. So, when I posted a new one I added an extra line between paragraphs. It looks like 4 lines were added between paragraphs. When I previewed the post it looked okay. Can't win for losing.

I couldn't help but notice that there are now recent posts/responses in the sidebar, and i just realized that having recent posts/responses there could put a real damper on the whole "don't like don't look" thing that a lot of people use to navigate the boards. I was wondering if it would be possible and/or agreeable to return to not having recent posts/responses there & just keep everything else the new sidebar has to offer but without that particular part?

9 hours ago, Quing Nerd said:

I couldn't help but notice that there are now recent posts/responses in the sidebar, and i just realized that having recent posts/responses there could put a real damper on the whole "don't like don't look" thing that a lot of people use to navigate the boards

I have mixed feelings on this. Though I do like how that is set up to were you can see recent replies to topics, I, personally, don't really see a reason for it? Not that I'm complaining. Just an opinion of sorts.

Something I just noticed is that editing titles of topics seems to be non-existent for staff? I'm going to be a pain and add pictures here (sorry if they're huge, uploading from mobile:

Screenshot_2016-02-18-08-05-22-1.thumb.p

This is what it looks like now. There is no option for "Edit Title" which used to be the first thing on the list under the old software. I tried going into a post and editing the title that way, and it appears as though that works but when you click "Edit topic" to save it, it doesn't save changes made to the title, only to the post. 

Just as an aside, I can see that there's no "Edit tags" feature in that list anymore :disgust:

I don't know if anybody told it yet, but I don't get notifications when some of the users I follow writes something new or even answers to a thread I follow. I mean - I get notifications for everybody else but not for the users I follow. That's... very strange. :(

@hedgehog, try fiddling with your notification settings on this page. That should hopefully do it.

Oh, also, @High on Lullabies, my notifications are working again, although I'm not 100% sure what happened to fix them, so if that was an issue you have on your list, all's good on my end there. Maybe just a software hiccup or something. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Junia said:

@hedgehog, try fiddling with your notification settings on this page. That should hopefully do it.

I have my notifications on for content I follow and I'm still not getting notifications when certain threads I follow get new posts. Not sure why I do for some and not others.

On 2/18/2016 at 8:09 AM, PuddinPop said:

I tried going into a post and editing the title that way, and it appears as though that works but when you click "Edit topic" to save it, it doesn't save changes made to the title, only to the post. 

Editing the topic title by opening up the first post worked for me i.e. it saved the changes to the topic title.

I suppose it's possible that it works differently on the mobile site (which I know you usually use), but I don't know (because the forum is out of bounds on my mobile!)

On 2/12/2016 at 7:54 AM, High on Lullabies said:
  •  
  • Ability of eligible members (Full Member and above) to edit their member titles

I have found the setting for this on the Admin CP - it is currently showing that you need to have 50,000 posts (!) to alter your member title. It could in theory be set to 2,000 posts but not all people with more than 2,000 posts are Full Members and not all VIPS have more than 2,000 posts, so that wouldn't quite work.

Over to you, HoL :P

I think that if a topic is tagged, the tags are only showing up in the activity feed attached to the original posting of the topic, and not attached to replies to that topic.  This is a little annoying if a topic has been popular and the first view one has of it is all the replies... because you can't tell if it's male, female, fanfic, what have you.  Minor annoyance, but it's another point turning me off the new feeds.

Edit: Also, in the forums, only two tags are visible by default, with the rest hidden under a dropdown.  Not sure if this is also true in the feeds.  This is also very minor but it's decreasing the utility of the tags.

On 16 February, 2016 at 8:59 PM, dragonko said:

So, I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but any of the topics that contain YouTube links are trying to embed the videos into the page and on one's that have multiple links per page the site keeps crashing for me when I try to load them.

I'm not having the crash issue, but the embedding is annoying and bulky. It would be great to disable that if possible, HoL.

In case anyone wants to avoid the embedding thing from happening, you can use the "insert link" function (looks like a chain link) and that won't automatically revert to an embedded file. You can also post the link and then do a Ctrl+Z or Apple Command+Z to "undo" the auto-embed and it'll revert back to a link.

49 minutes ago, Mwsapphire said:

Idk if this has already been posted, but I think the "hot" topic option is gone.

What do you mean by option? All it meant when a topic was "hot" was that it had been posted in 30 or more times. You can still tell whether that's the case or not by looking at the thread's amount of replies.

@cally, @Bruyere, @kaze wo hiku, @Seeking Clarity + Wisdom, @Shayla - The removal of paragraphs in stories, blogs, etc. should now be fixed. This was related to a setting I changed that modifies what happens when you press 'return'. Originally when the upgrade happened it created a new paragraph when you pressed it, but I changed it (because frankly it annoys me :lol: ) so it just goes to the next line, rather than leaving a space. What I didn't realise is that changing this setting also applies to posts that have already been made, not just new posts made after the setting was changed. I'll just have to live with it :)

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 4:43 AM, Dusty15 said:

I'm not having the crash issue, but the embedding is annoying and bulky. It would be great to disable that if possible, HoL.

Looks like this is another thing that the hosts, in their infinite wisdom, decided everyone would want in the new version so they removed the option to disable it. :rolleyes: It will be back in the next update. Meantime I can (and have) reduced the limit on the size of the embedded video windows. However this can't be applied retrospectively to posts that have already been made.

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 3:13 PM, Joal 555 said:

I have found the setting for this on the Admin CP - it is currently showing that you need to have 50,000 posts (!) to alter your member title. It could in theory be set to 2,000 posts but not all people with more than 2,000 posts are Full Members and not all VIPS have more than 2,000 posts, so that wouldn't quite work.

Where did you find this setting please, Joal?

This sounds like how it was before I added the mod we had prior to the upgrade. In that you could set a post count limit at which folks could edit their member title, but you couldn't define it by group. I am on the lookout for someone developing a mod that allows us to define it by group, but no such luck for now.

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 7:34 PM, kaze wo hiku said:

I have my notifications on for content I follow and I'm still not getting notifications when certain threads I follow get new posts. Not sure why I do for some and not others.

Can you give me an example of a thread where this isn't working so I can have a look in detail, please?

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 8:09 AM, PuddinPop said:

This is what it looks like now. There is no option for "Edit Title" which used to be the first thing on the list under the old software. I tried going into a post and editing the title that way, and it appears as though that works but when you click "Edit topic" to save it, it doesn't save changes made to the title, only to the post. 

Just as an aside, I can see that there's no "Edit tags" feature in that list anymore

I think having title editing outside of editing the first post i.e. in the Topic Moderation list was another of those mods that I added. I'll add it to my list and see if it can be re-added.

The 'Edit Tags' feature, however, is back, but it's not in that list anymore. It now sits as a separate drop-down immediately above the 'Reply' button in the top-right of the screen.

@Mwsapphire, @Junia - Yes 'Hot Topics' no longer exist in this version of the software. It's been replaced by a setting called 'Popular Now', where it will highlight any topic that has had a certain number of replies within a period of time. The default is 10+ within an hour.

I checked one of my old stories, and it does appear to be fixed, so thanks very much for that!

2 hours ago, High on Lullabies said:
On 2/19/2016 at 3:13 PM, Joal 555 said:

Where did you find this setting please, Joal?

This sounds like how it was before I added the mod we had prior to the upgrade. In that you could set a post count limit at which folks could edit their member title, but you couldn't define it by group. I am on the lookout for someone developing a mod that allows us to define it by group, but no such luck for now.

It's in members > ranks > right at the top of the page.

I looked to see if it could be defined by group, but couldn't spot anything.

7 hours ago, High on Lullabies said:

Can you give me an example of a thread where this isn't working so I can have a look in detail, please?

So far the only time I always get a notification is when someone quotes me directly, like you did here.

The other day Juto posted a chapter in her Guardian Angel drabble thread, which I follow and three people replied to it. I got one notification saying one person posted in it and it was like the 3rd reply. I'm not sure why the forum only showed me one notification instead of four. But it does seem almost every story I follow I don't get notifications when someone posts.

Sorry on my phone so I can't c/p links.

And thank you for fixing the spacing issue!! :hug:

29 minutes ago, greatestever said:

I can't access  my "settings". Was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this issue or if it was just me?

At the top click the little bars next to the search magnifying glass. Account > Account settings.

12 minutes ago, kaze wo hiku said:

At the top click the little bars next to the search magnifying glass. Account > Account settings.

I don't have any of that showing up. The only thing showing up is the "create" button, the notification bell, and a dropdown menu with my username and picture. When I click the dropdown menu, my settings tab is greyed out. 

Archived