Sneeze Fetish Forum

Forum Upgrade Issues

High on Lullabies

4 minutes ago, greatestever said:

I don't have any of that showing up. The only thing showing up is the "create" button, the notification bell, and a dropdown menu with my username and picture. When I click the dropdown menu, my settings tab is greyed out. 

Hmmm maybe because your account is still pending then?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume it's something like that. Although I had access to this stuff before the switch to this new layout as well as immediately after the switch. 

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 3:16 PM, kaze wo hiku said:

So far the only time I always get a notification is when someone quotes me directly, like you did here.

The other day Juto posted a chapter in her Guardian Angel drabble thread, which I follow and three people replied to it. I got one notification saying one person posted in it and it was like the 3rd reply. I'm not sure why the forum only showed me one notification instead of four. But it does seem almost every story I follow I don't get notifications when someone posts.

Sorry on my phone so I can't c/p links.

And thank you for fixing the spacing issue!! :hug:

Okay, I've checked your various settings for notifications and I can't see anything that looks wrong. I do know the forum groups notifications from the same topic together, so if there were 4 posts in a topic you follow since the last time you logged in then you'll only see one notification in your list, but it should say something along the lines of 'Juto of Fluff and 3 others commented on 'Guardian Angel (original fiction, M/M)''.

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 7:07 PM, greatestever said:

I assume it's something like that. Although I had access to this stuff before the switch to this new layout as well as immediately after the switch. 

You should have access to your settings. If you click on your username in the top-right corner of the screen then a menu will drop down and 'Account Settings' should be an option on it. Unfortunately you're not able to access your profile anymore as the new software doesn't allow me to differentiate between giving someone access to their profile and everyone else's. I am looking for a solution to this though.

6 minutes ago, High on Lullabies said:
On 2/21/2016 at 7:07 PM, greatestever said:

You should have access to your settings. If you click on your username in the top-right corner of the screen then a menu will drop down and 'Account Settings' should be an option on it. Unfortunately you're not able to access your profile anymore as the new software doesn't allow me to differentiate between giving someone access to their profile and everyone else's. I am looking for a solution to this though.

Just to add to this, the word "Settings" itself is a sub-heading so you can't click on this (nobody can), but as HoL says, you should be able to click on "Account Settings" which is on the "Settings" menu. I mention that because:

1. It fooled me for a while too!

2. You said in your first post that you couldn't access your "Settings" so I thought you may have been mistaken as I was.

On 2/22/2016 at 2:53 PM, High on Lullabies said:

Okay, I've checked your various settings for notifications and I can't see anything that looks wrong. I do know the forum groups notifications from the same topic together, so if there were 4 posts in a topic you follow since the last time you logged in then you'll only see one notification in your list, but it should say something along the lines of 'Juto of Fluff and 3 others commented on 'Guardian Angel 

Yeah not getting that. If someone doesn't quote me I rarely get a notification. Happened again today. Several people commented on Unwelcome Yet Necessary and I got no notifications.

Edit: I take that back. I looked at my notifications bell and it does list the people who commented but I did not get a notification when it initially happened.

Edit #2: Ok everything appears to be working again, got several notifications this morning ;)

Few more little bits added this evening:

• Ability for eligible members to amend their custom titles without having to ask the staff is back! To access this, go your username menu (top-right corner) then 'Account Settings' and you should have a new 'Custom Title' tab on the right-hand side of the screen that appears.
  • Added a 'Country' field with flag icons to all profiles, which will display in the sidebar next to each post.
  • Quick buttons have also been added to the bottom of the sidebar next to each post. Allowing you PM, Ignore or Find Content for that member with a single click.
  • Top Posters of the Week and of All Time are back as blocks on the main page.

Please let me know if any of these cause a problem or are otherwise not working as they should! :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 21 February, 2016 at 3:07 AM, High on Lullabies said:

I think having title editing outside of editing the first post i.e. in the Topic Moderation list was another of those mods that I added. I'll add it to my list and see if it can be re-added.

The 'Edit Tags' feature, however, is back, but it's not in that list anymore. It now sits as a separate drop-down immediately above the 'Reply' button in the top-right of the screen.

I don't know if it's a mod or admin only thing, but I accidentally found that if you right click on a topic title while on the desktop version of the site and then left click away somewhere, it makes the topic title edit-able. Only in the Forum index though, not in the actual topic. 

I'm not sure if this has already been brought up, but what is the line of dots under a custom title on everyone's 'mini profile' thing that comes up when they post?

1 minute ago, PinkiePie said:

I'm not sure if this has already been brought up, but what is the line of dots under a custom title on everyone's 'mini profile' thing that comes up when they post?

I think it has something to do with post count, based on who has what amount of dots, but I could be wrong.

45 minutes ago, PinkiePie said:

43 minutes ago, Junia said:

I think it has something to do with post count, based on who has what amount of dots, but I could be wrong.

I agree, or it's tied when we level up so to speak and hit a new title.  But definitely tied to post count.  Weird since another forum I post on used to have "rep" so when I saw this I thought it was that.

Also Junia your icon XDD

7 hours ago, Kaze wo Hiku said:

I agree, or it's tied when we level up so to speak and hit a new title.  But definitely tied to post count.  Weird since another forum I post on used to have "rep" so when I saw this I thought it was that.

Yes, it's post count related, with members gaining an extra circle ('pip' as the forum calls it) when they reach the next title rank.

The reason I've changed this is because the new software was showing a badge (similar to a group badge) representing the rank they were at, but in some cases this would conflict with the actual group they were in e.g. Someone with a post count of 250 who had not yet been validated, would show a 'Member' badge below their rank, but a 'Pending' badge below their avatar. 

Therefore I've changed these badges into 'pips' to hopefully avoid confusion

@PinkiePie @Junia - FYI

A new version of the 'Contact Us' software was released today which is compatible with this version of the software. I have now installed this and it is visible to all groups (except guests).

It works exactly the same as the previous system, in that when you click on the tab at the top of the screen, there's a form to fill in and anyone who does this will have their query posted on the Staff Board where it will be answered as soon as possible.

I've also set up a General group which anyone can use, and a Priority Members group for Patrons and Full, VIP and Honoured Members. Priority Member queries will be e-mailed directly to the senior staff, as well as being posted in the Staff Board as for standard queries. 

Finally I've removed the Contact Us feature at the bottom of the board which had been used up to this point.

@High on Lullabies Was I supposed to get an email test message regarding Contact Us with what appears to be everyone's email address included? Because that doesn't seem to be a very good way of protecting our privacy. I'm a little unhappy. 

So, there was a thing on the bottom of the site where it would say who was in the chatroom, and it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

8 minutes ago, Shayla said:

So, there was a thing on the bottom of the site where it would say who was in the chatroom, and it doesn't seem to be there anymore.

I can see it.  Are you on mobile?

No, I'm not on mobile. To be honest I can't even comprehend how I could possibly even view this site while on mobile, but that's a completely different issue. I checked again, and I still can't see it.

I can still see the who's chatting thing on mobile and on my laptop (with the default skin). Does it disappear if no one is in chat, maybe...?

I guess it was just a temporary glitch. It seems to be back. There were six people in the chat earlier though when it was malfunctioning.

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 2:44 PM, Seeking Clarity + Wisdom said:

@High on Lullabies Was I supposed to get an email test message regarding Contact Us with what appears to be everyone's email address included? Because that doesn't seem to be a very good way of protecting our privacy. I'm a little unhappy. 

No, that wasn't meant to happen and I can only apologise that it did.

Was partly my fault and partly the fault of the new Contact Us feature I installed. My fault for not realising that when you select which groups you want to notify of a new Contact Us message being posted, you must select at least one group. If you don't, it defaults back to the selection you had before.

Also the applications fault because pretty much any other app I've encountered that involves e-mailing a large number of people sends separate e-mails to each person (so you don't see anyone else's address that it's been sent to), not one e-mail to everyone.

So yes, sorry that it happened, but I've sorted the settings on the app out now so can promise it won't happen again. 

^ Wouldn't it be better to not have that broadcast publically...? Now everyone knows that they have an email containing everyone's email addresses. I know I wouldn't have noticed before otherwise :P

*Super glad I signed up with a dud email address*

@Kiwifruit Except I believe people needed to know that their addresses were sent out. Like you, some people may not have noticed and now they know if they need to take steps to protect their privacy. All I can say is I deleted that email from my account as soon as I saw all the addresses. I can only hope others will do the same.

I deleted the email straight away but thanks for sorting that out.

• 2 weeks later...

How do I Enable my Browser Notifications? They got disabled and I don't know how to turn them back on.

I get notifications only when I'm here and this code irritates me... 9791dc83dbb7.png

Everytime I try to make an edit, the save button turns gray for one second and then... nothing. Okay, maybe twice out of like thirty times I tried it it worked, but it hasn't worked recently. Which sucks because I make a lot of errors.

Archived