Sneeze Fetish Forum

RiversD

Braving the new format...

I'd been wondering about going back to strict word-limit drabbles for a while, then along came Evilduckling108 with her beautiful thread and convinced me. And, since my notes for my current WiPs are 200 miles away, why not?

Not sure what's going to end up in here long term- probably both male and female, a variety of fandoms, and I might drop in a few original scribblings if I'm feeling brave.

(For the sake of argument, if I spell out sneezes in here, I'm counting each sneeze as a word)

Title: Ice
Character: Q
Fandom: James Bond (Daniel Craig films)

“It really doesn’t hurt that much.” Q insisted.

Bond didn’t take his eyes from the road ahead. “It will later. Keep the ice where it is.”

“Alright, but it’s starting to make my nose feel jolly strange.”

Bond smiled. “That the technical term, is it?”

“Close enough. I don’t-” the unnatural break in Q’s flow got Bond to shift his gaze, just in time to see the younger man snap forwards with a sharp sneeze. He covered it with one hand, holding the ice-pack steady with the other.

“heh-kisht!”  He winced as the vibrations ran through the fresh bruising. “Ow.”

Title: First
Character: Clint Barton/Hawkeye
Fandom:
Marvel Cinematic Universe

“Well, this is a first.” Natasha squeezed the excess water out of the cloth, and passed it to Clint, who sneezed. But in a vaguely grateful way. Natasha tried not to seem too amused.

Clint pressed her offering gingerly to his nose, generating two more sneezes as he did so. “Wasn’t even that hard of a punch.” He complained.

“Well, something’s out of joint.” Nat clicked her tongue. “Better hope it stops when the swelling goes down. Even you won’t aim straight sneezing every few seconds.”

“Watch me.” Clint tried to smile, but sneezed twice instead. Natasha began to laugh.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a bad selection so far... Clintasha is always appreciated. :wubsmiley: Also, I finally saw Spectre over the weekend and Q was a very interesting/nerdy character, so that drabble wasn't hard to imagine. You're doing very well, River. I hope to see more soon. :)

Awww Clintasha! :wub: So did she punch him and break his nose? I would assume they were sparring, but it's also fun to think he said something really stupid that earned himself a gentle (by Natasha's standards) blow to the face. :lol:

You're doing one of these too?! :D I love it! I've never seen any of the Bond movies, but I definitely like the clintasha one and I'm so looking forward to seeing what else you do!

@Pyrus_FangmonThanks! I'm always pleased when you're pleased. ^_^

@Sophie83540Thanks so much! That's really encouraging.

@AnonyMouse To be honest, the whole time I was writing this I couldn't decide if he'd got distracted in sparring and paid for it, or if she was patching him up after a fight with someone else. Then I realised I didn't have enough words to say, so I left it unclear...

@Evilduckling108 Hi! Yes, I'm doing my best to follow in your noble footsteps :razz:. Hope the rest meets expectations.

I come bearing pre-TFA Bucky and Rivers of London fic.

Title: Reversal
Character: Bucky Barnes
Fandom:
Marvel Cinematic Universe (CA:TFA)

“ha’tchh! ... dammit.”

“It’ll go away on its own, Buck.” Steve frowned over the top of his book. “You don’t have to try so hard to stop.”

Bucky sniffed. “Is it not annoying you? You’re trying to read.”

“What? Bucky, I’m fine with it. It’s actually a nice change of pace.”

“Oh, so you’re enjoying my suffering?” Bucky joked.

Steve grinned. “I’m just amazed we found the one thing in New York City that makes you sneeze and not me.”

“I guess so. Still, furniture polish? Who the hell’s allergic to- ha’tchsss!”

“I dunno, Buck, but he’s sitting in your chair.”

Title: Lilies
Character: DCI Thomas Nightingale
Fandom:
Rivers of London/ Peter Grant novels

It took until Nightingale’s third sneeze at the funeral parlour for me to catch on.

“Lilies don’t agree with you, do they, sir?”

“Regrettably not,” said Nightingale, pulling out a handkerchief and dabbing genteelly at the pinkening underside of his nose. I wondered how long he had been holding off on that to avoid drawing attention.

“I can go solo if you like, sir.” I offered. Nightingale shook his head.

“This man’s been dead several days, Peter.” he said. “Any vestigia will be very faint.”

I didn’t think the allergic reaction would help with that, but I didn’t dare argue.

!!!!!!!!!!!   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rivers of London! What a lovely surprise! I didn't think anybody else on here knew this series. Where are you up to in the books?

3 hours ago, RiversD said:

Steve grinned. “I’m just amazed we found the one thing in New York City that makes you sneeze and not me.”

“I guess so. Still, furniture polish? Who the hell’s allergic to- ha’tchsss!”

“I dunno, Buck, but he’s sitting in your chair.”

:rofl: Well how about that? The sass is great with this one 

BUCKY! Tbh one of the only guys that I'd gladly read about sneezing and I think you absolutely NAILED the sass in that one. I love the idea that the one thing Bucky's allergic to is the one thing Steve's not. Very nicely done!

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/03/2016 at 10:05 PM, Bruyere said:

!!!!!!!!!!!   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rivers of London! What a lovely surprise! I didn't think anybody else on here knew this series. Where are you up to in the books?

Ha! I posted that partly to see if there were any of you out there (and tbh, my money would probably have been on you. You have good taste). At the time of writing, I was up to book 3, I've now finished all 5 books and am reduced to waiting for the rest. I have a friend who is completely obsessed, so the forum may well receive the overspill of any time spent in her company.

On 01/03/2016 at 10:14 PM, Pyrus_Fangmon said:

:rofl: Well how about that? The sass is great with this one 

How could it be otherwise?

On 02/03/2016 at 5:48 PM, Evilduckling108 said:

BUCKY! Tbh one of the only guys that I'd gladly read about sneezing and I think you absolutely NAILED the sass in that one. I love the idea that the one thing Bucky's allergic to is the one thing Steve's not. Very nicely done!

Aw, thank you so much! I'm dead flattered that you even read these, considering the majority of my stuff is outside your preferred interest zone.

Dipping my toe in the water of female fanfic now. gulp. Set in the happy world of season one, back when almost everyone was still friends.

Title: Threes
Character: Skye
Fandom:
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

“et’chiew!”

Fitz glanced up, and caught Skye mid-recovery.

“Bless you.”

“Thanks.” Skye wrinkled her nose. “You know what’s weird?”

“You don’t have time. What in particular?”

“Before I got shot, I sneezed in threes. Like, always. But now it’s generally just the one. I actually kinda miss it.”

“Well, it’s not unknown for sneezing patterns to change.” Fitz smiled. “Gemma was telling me about this one time…” He broke off and coughed, as though realising the story was too personal. Or, more likely, classified. He recovered, and added:

“You should mention it to her, though. You never know what’s important.”

Skyeeeeeeee bb. I love when she and Fitz hang out. And I love that little peculiarity about the number of sneezes changing. 

On 3/16/2016 at 6:37 PM, RiversD said:

Ha! I posted that partly to see if there were any of you out there (and tbh, my money would probably have been on you. You have good taste). At the time of writing, I was up to book 3, I've now finished all 5 books and am reduced to waiting for the rest. I have a friend who is completely obsessed, so the forum may well receive the overspill of any time spent in her company

I think I wrote a couple of Peter Grant drabbles a few years back so I'm glad to have company around here. And I very much hope that your friend stokes your obsession and we do get to see some of the overspill!

And I just noticed the Bond drabble at the top as well. I love Q's "jolly strange" <3

• 2 weeks later...

Considering the drastic amount of changes Skye's body went through, I'm fairly certain the pattern of sneezing she had would change too. Shadowing what Anony said, it's always nice when Skye spends time with Fitz. They have many differences, yet many similarities. You did a great job with their characterization and I hope you continue to give us your drabbles. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/03/2016 at 7:38 PM, pikachu78 said:

very good enjoying them so far just beautiful. 

Thank you for reading! I'm glad you liked.

On 15/03/2016 at 8:13 PM, Pyrus_Fangmon said:

Another great piece added :D

Loving all of these!

Loving YOU.

On 15/03/2016 at 10:04 PM, AnonyMouse said:

Skyeeeeeeee bb. I love when she and Fitz hang out. And I love that little peculiarity about the number of sneezes changing. 

Aw, yay! Skye's one that really grew on me. At first I really wasn't feeling her, but I've softened. (final judgement reserved until I'm fully caught up).

On 19/03/2016 at 9:02 PM, Bruyere said:

I think I wrote a couple of Peter Grant drabbles a few years back so I'm glad to have company around here. And I very much hope that your friend stokes your obsession and we do get to see some of the overspill!

And I just noticed the Bond drabble at the top as well. I love Q's "jolly strange" <3

*sprints to your drabble thread* So you did! They're lovely little things! Thank you. xxx

On 29/03/2016 at 3:12 PM, Sophie83540 said:

Considering the drastic amount of changes Skye's body went through, I'm fairly certain the pattern of sneezing she had would change too. Shadowing what Anony said, it's always nice when Skye spends time with Fitz. They have many differences, yet many similarities. You did a great job with their characterization and I hope you continue to give us your drabbles. 

That's pretty much what I figured- I had a friend whose pattern changed after minor shoulder surgery, so Skye's definitely got every reason for it. Aw, I'm so glad it worked for you!

Okay, both of these resisted the word count so hard. *weeps briefly for all the lovely sentences sacrificed to the cause*

But! I return, bearing my first original 100-worder and more Rivers of London.

Title: Coping

Character: my OC David, also to be found in my thread for longer original drabbles.

“David!” Anna called to him across the quad. He jerked as though suddenly pulled from a dream, and angled his steps towards her.

“How are you coping?” she asked, already guessing the answer. David looked exhausted, his eyes pink and watery.

“Oh god.” He moaned, draping himself against her welcoming solidity.

“You can do it.” She clucked. “One lecture, then home.”

“Oh god.” He repeated. She opened her mouth, but felt his body tense and saved her breath as he twisted to catch an impatient sneeze in his fist.

“You can do it.” She repeated softly, and let him go.

Title: Phantom

Character:  Peter Grant

Fandom: Rivers of London

“Try the knife.”

I nodded. Metal retains magic well, and as soon as I reached for it I got a whack of vestigia- the sound of rushing wind, glass shattering, and the scent of cloves, so overwhelming that I sneezed violently.

When I recovered myself, I saw that Nightingale was watching me with an expression pitched somewhere between fond amusement and mild concern.

“Are you alright?”

I nodded, feeling distinctly self-conscious by now. My sneezes can be pretty vicious if I don’t get enough warning to rein them in.

Nightingale examined the knife himself, and smiled.

“I see.” he said.

I'm late to the Skye party, but I totally loved that one! You nailed her voice and it was just so cute!! The OC one is great too. Being sick and tired and having to get through the whole day? Ugh, I know the feeling all too well. I don't know Rivers of London well enough to really comment on it, but I thought it was really cute! Of course I'm gonna keep reading these since they're all so good (and short lol) that it doesn't even feel like I'm reading that much out of my comfort zone which is a credit to your writing tbh. Keep up the great work! :P

On 4/10/2016 at 1:25 AM, RiversD said:

I got a whack of vestigia- the sound of rushing wind, glass shattering, and the scent of cloves, so overwhelming that I sneezed violently.

Peter sneezing from vestigia is one of my favourite things in the books. It is just the perfect trope for slipping random sneezes into writing. And i loved nightingale's fond expression and his little comment after he's examined the knife as well. And Peter's embarrassment about his sneezes as well <3 Lovely.

• 1 month later...
On 10/04/2016 at 2:30 AM, Pyrus_Fangmon said:

Heeheehee...the knife one. Why do I laugh at that? I don't know why :lol: 

Peter's highly amusing nature somehow saturates even short fics... it is a mystery.

@Evilduckling108 Ahh, you flatterer! Seriously, thank you so much. you're wonderful and I appreciate you.

On 17/04/2016 at 9:18 PM, Bruyere said:

Peter sneezing from vestigia is one of my favourite things in the books. It is just the perfect trope for slipping random sneezes into writing. And i loved nightingale's fond expression and his little comment after he's examined the knife as well. And Peter's embarrassment about his sneezes as well <3 Lovely.

Every time it happens I'm surprised and delighted (plus I feel it gives an idea of the sort of things that would make Peter sneeze in 'real life' so to speak, and gives the impression of him having a fairly sensitive nose, so it's all good on the headcanon front). Thank you, you lovely human being you.

I'm going to try and use some of Sophie83540's drabble prompts to increase my output here, so here's one of them, plus a couple of quick ones that came out of my lonely lunchbreak today:

Title: Prompt 21- Letter

Character:  Jacob, a new and conveniently Regency-suited OC.

The letter was from Lydia. Jacob opened it with trembling hands, oblivious to the mild itch bothering his nose.

The news was good- Henry had agreed to break off the engagement, and Lydia was free to be his!

The letter left no doubt of her eagerness to be back in Jacob’s arms- she had even sprayed it with perfume, to send something of herself ahead. Jacob closed his eyes, held it close, and became abruptly aware of his prickling nose as it precipitated a flurry of tickling sneezes. Not his favourite of her perfumes, he reflected, reaching for a handkerchief.

Title: Shenanigans

Character: Some random busybody from the Ministry.

Fandom: Harry Potter

“I cannot account for it, Mrs Potter,” said the man from the Ministry, cutting his visit blessedly short. “I really must a-apologi’sschoo! hh’schoo!

“It’s perfectly alright,” Lily assured him, carefully avoiding eye contact with James. “I should be apologising for whatever’s causing this.”

“Cats have never been a problem before.” He insisted, dabbing feverishly at his swelling nose. “It’s only dogs that- ah! oh dear- hh’ischhoo!”

Lily saw him safely out the front door and turned back to find James and Sirius already high-fiving across the sofa. She folded her arms.

“Boys, you have got to stop doing that.”

Title: Ultimatum

Character: Pepper Potts

Fandom: Iron Man (MCU)

“I thought you were only allergic to strawberries!” Tony protested, following Pepper into her office in defiance of her attempt to slam the door in his face.

“Well, forgive me for not having encountered every flowering plant south of the equator!” Pepper snapped, finishing her sentence and burying her nose in some tissues just in time. They put the argument on hold as she broke into a fit of sneezing that lasted longer than either of them was comfortable with.

“I don’t care who gave it to you,” she gasped, “if it stays in the lobby I’m working from home.”

1. Is there anything more sensual than a letter coated in perfume? I miss when people used to write letter - you can't spray an email with perfume!

2. Oh, that man is such a dog (pun intended)! :razz:

3. I love sneezing during arguments? Like, it either breaks the tension or just makes things more uncomfortable. Tony following behind when someone clearly needs space is just so Tony.

You pack a lot of awesome into these tiny little story tidbits!

RIVERS!!!! Honeynut! Beauty!

Love love loving these! Especially Tony :P No space needed.

On 26/05/2016 at 0:06 AM, AnonyMeows said:

1. Is there anything more sensual than a letter coated in perfume? I miss when people used to write letter - you can't spray an email with perfume!

2. Oh, that man is such a dog (pun intended)! :razz:

3. I love sneezing during arguments? Like, it either breaks the tension or just makes things more uncomfortable. Tony following behind when someone clearly needs space is just so Tony.

You pack a lot of awesome into these tiny little story tidbits!

I always feel like it'd be hard to judge how much perfume would be appropriate- I want to romance my love, not knock them out! But my insecurities aside, it's a sweet concept.

Sirius is terrible. Still love him though.

Thanks so much! You rock.

On 26/05/2016 at 0:14 AM, Pyrus_Fangmon said:

RIVERS!!!! Honeynut! Beauty!

Love love loving these! Especially Tony :P No space needed.

*blushing furiously* argle. You're so nice to meeee.....

Apologies to anyone whose language I misused in the second of these.

Title: Syrup

Character: Hugh Beringar

Fandom: Brother Cadfael Mysteries

A small cauldron bubbled on the brazier, Cadfael’s first cough-syrup this year, filling the hut with the reek of horehound. Its owner stirred it with a lazy spoon, attending to Hugh Beringar’s tale of worldly mischiefs.

Hugh was less comfortable. He blinked more rapidly than was his wont, more than once passed a hand across too-bright eyes, and finally scrunched up his nose and interrupted himself with a sneeze.

“Bless, Hugh. I was forgetting.” Cadfael took his project from the heat and stood up. “Your nostrils are not yet so numbed to these herbs as mine. Shall we step outside?”

Title: Prompt 5-Health.

Character: Edwin Jarvis

Fandom: Agent Carter

Ana looked up from her book, concerned, as her husband turned from his own to sneeze for the third time in five minutes.

“ah-chsst!  Elnézést.”

“Are you alright, Edwin?”

“The picture of health, darling.” He smiled. “Apart from the sneezing, which I suspect I can blame on the new dish soap. It seems California might as well be the ends of the Earth when it comes to finding my usual brands.”

“Oh dear.” Ana pursed her lips sympathetically. “I’m sure Mr Stark doesn’t notice.”

“Perhaps not.” Edwin conceded. “But an inattentive employer is no excuse not to maintain proper standards.”

Aww, Jarvis is so proper and ANA loves him so greatly. Perfect!

Archived